Is Jesus 100% man and 100% God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Okay so you mentioned the Evangelist and the Pastor and how they work. So what does the Prophet do?

Ive never met one of those.

Im not convinced that in the last days, = the end of the "time of the Gentiles' they are around.
Why not?
Because the NT has complete end time prophecy, in it, and the Holy Spirt will reveal how these are to be rightly divided.

In the OT, you had Prophets who were "see'ers", as they looked into the future as God gave them visions.
Today, we have a NT and the Holy Spirit, to reveal it.

And yes, im aware that the internet is filled with "Prophets" and "Prophetesses", but, Walt Disney world is also filled with Micky Mouse.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The next question is do they even have spirit if they don't know who the Christ is?

I think so because knowledge is secondary to faith.

A number of years ago I thought about the pure loving relationship I have with my grandkids. Too young to get into weighty matters, they have no idea what my political and religious beliefs are. All they know is that I spend time with them, doing fun things as I love on them.

I doubt at my funeral they will talk about my keen intellect, analytical ability and depth of understanding. Instead, I suspect they’ll talk about the intensity and constancy of the love they felt for me all their lives. I sense that’s how God loves us too.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ive never met one of those.

Im not convinced that in the last days, = the end of the "time of the Gentiles' they are around.
Why not?
Because the NT has complete end time prophecy, in it, and the Holy Spirt will reveal how these are to be rightly divided.

In the OT, you had Prophets who were "see'ers", as they looked into the future as God gave them visions.
Today, we have a NT and the Holy Spirit, to reveal it.

And yes, im aware that the internet is filled with "Prophets" and "Prophetesses", but, Walt Disney world is also filled with Micky Mouse.

What do you want me to do with Ephesians 3...

11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Christ hand picked 12 and named them apostles, they were chosen for the official office of apostleship.

Later He hand picked a 13th apostle for a special apostleship to the Gentiles. It would be Paul.

These 13 men held the office of apostleship. The names of the original 12 are written in the foundations of New Jerusalem.

Even the 13th, the great apostle Paul's name is not written in those foundations.

There are several other apostles mentioned in Scripture, but they were not chosen by Christ for the official office.

They were the helpmates of the official apostles, the comrades of the called by Christ to further the Gospel.

They were chosen and called by the original office holders, the 13.

There is a difference in the official office of apostleship who were called directly by Christ, and those who were later called apostles by the original apostles.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ hand picked 12 and named them apostles, they were chosen for the official office of apostleship.

Later He hand picked a 13th apostle for a special apostleship to the Gentiles. It would be Paul.

These 13 men held the office of apostleship. The names of the original 12 are written in the foundations of New Jerusalem.

Even the 13th, the great apostle Paul's name is not written in those foundations.

There are several other apostles mentioned in Scripture, but they were not chosen by Christ for the official office.

They were the helpmates of the official apostles, the comrades of the called by Christ to further the Gospel.

They were chosen and called by the original office holders, the 13.

There is a difference in the official office of apostleship who were called directly by Christ, and those who were later called apostles by the original apostles.

Must have been a bad question when I asked what does the Prophet do.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Must have been a bad question when I asked what does the Prophet do.

I thought you were using Eph. 4 as a text for apostles.

Not a bad question, looks to me like a bad answer on my part.

Maybe I should pay more attention, lol.

Reactions: Wrangler

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought you were using Eph. 4 as a text for apostles.

Not a bad question, looks to me like a bad answer on my part.

Maybe I should pay more attention, lol.

Prophets are those who have God’s spirit, and therefore they are able to speak for God, because He makes Himself known to them. The world never looks upon prophets as being successful or popular among the public, and therefore they are never invited to compete with others to endeavor to become the most outstanding citizens of the community. They are usually reproached and hardly ever swim with the stream, the current of the times, and that is why their path is seldom smooth or easy.

The measure of a prophet’s success is the measure of faithfulness before God as God’s spokesperson, and never measured by the degree their testimony, witnessing, or speaking of God’s Word is received by others. Because they reverence and respect God’s Word, they do not shrink in the face of danger, nor do they fear people or seek the praise of others. But from deep within their hearts, they seek the praise of God and His blessing. The prophets of the Old Testament were able to speak for God to make known the coming of Jesus Christ (who would be the only begotten Son of God) through the written Word they received from God. To understand the biblical way the word “prophet” is used in the Scriptures, it's always best to look at the first occurrence of the word, which is in Genesis and is used by God to tell the king to leave the man’s wife alone. “Now therefore restore the man his wife; for he is a prophet” (Genesis 20:7).

This first occurrence of the word “prophet” shows us that it was used in a different way from the way we use it today, which is mostly used in our current English to indicate when one is to foretell future events. But in the Bible, it's used in connection with Abraham, who not only had a very pretty wife, but also never foretold anything in his life. In Exodus the same God calls Aaron Moses’s prophet, which takes us a step further and leads us to the question of how one could be another man’s prophet? The answer is found in Exodus, where God, who is referring to the same subject, tells Moses that Aaron “shall be thy spokesman” (Exodus 4:16). Therefore, the essential interpretation of the word “prophet” is a spokesperson who speaks for God, either by way of exhortation, instruction, reproof, warning, correction, reprobation, or judgment. Foretelling was only a very small part of their duties.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is John the Baptist who was born with the spirit part of the Trinity...

John the Baptist was born with the spirit from God right from his mother’s womb, and that is why Jesus Christ said, “Among those that are born of women there is not a greater prophet than John the Baptist” (Luke 7:28).

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is John the Baptist who was born with the spirit part of the Trinity...

John the Baptist was born with the spirit from God right from his mother’s womb, and that is why Jesus Christ said, “Among those that are born of women there is not a greater prophet than John the Baptist” (Luke 7:28).
Luke 1:41 Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit

Reactions: Matthias

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 1:41 Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit

Yeah but you guys on here have been telling me all day long that Jesus must be God because he had the spirit. What about John the Baptist? He had the spirit too. No Trinity for him?

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah but you guys on here have been telling me all day long that Jesus must be God because he had the spirit. What about John the Baptist? He had the spirit too. No Trinity for him?
Every born again believer can be filled with the Holy Spirit. I'm sorry if you have not been filled with the Spirit.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every born again believer can be filled with the Holy Spirit. I'm sorry if you have not been filled with the Spirit.

Okay so we agree on that. That it did not make Jesus God just because he had spirit.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's some data I posted today on Isaiah 9:6...

Everlasting Father...

Jesus is not called the "Everlasting Father" anywhere else in Scripture? And that even Trinitarians deny that Jesus is the "Everlasting Father." The word translated "everlasting" is actually "age" and the correct translation is that Jesus will be called "father of the coming age." In the culture of the Bible, anyone who began anything or was very important to something was called its father.

Mighty God...

The phrase "Mighty God" can also be better translated. Those who are familiar with the Semitic languages know that a man who is acting with God's authority can be called "god." Although English makes a clear distinction between "God" and "god" the Hebrew language, which has only capital letters cannot. A better translation for the English would be "mighty hero" or "divine hero." Both Martin Luther and James Moffatt translate the phrase as "divine hero" in their Bibles.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who are familiar with the Semitic languages know that a man who is acting with God's authority can be called "god."
This fact is vehemently denied by trinitarians. It has to be because they have no better pathway than to blur the truth.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many of the Epistles start by saying something like...

Grace be unto you, and peace from God our Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

How come the Holy Spirit person is always getting cheated out of the greeting?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many of the Epistles start by saying something like...

Grace be unto you, and peace from God our Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

How come the Holy Spirit person is always getting cheated out of the greeting?
He doesn't testify about Himself.

John 16:13-14 KJV
13) Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
14) He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Much love!

Status
Not open for further replies.