Is Jesus God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who are you, anyway?

Are you Wrangler, are you BroRando or are you Sheepdog?

Because you're replying to all of those names.

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Give us the Post # where you addressed the 15 verses as I just stated.

It doesn't exist.

I know it's hard to remember with all the threads you're currently involved in. Not to mention all the different... well, ... you know.

Go to #12. I did the first ones. Didn't see the need for more variations of the same theme.

They were all incorrectly interpreted then and still are.

Do you really want the rest too? Would you actually benefit from it? You deliberately refused to understand the first corrections I did because they didn't fit your worldview so what has changed?

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Go to #12. I did the first ones. Didn't see the need for more variations of the same theme.

They were all incorrectly interpreted then and still are.

Do you really want the rest too? Would you actually benefit from it? You deliberately refused to understand the first corrections I did because they didn't fit your worldview so what has changed?

I rest my case.

I presented FIFTEEN verses, maybe sixteen, and you CLAIMED there are NO VERSES where Jesus claims to be God.

You can't refute it, you WON'T refute it and that's that.

Case closed.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you all want so badly to claim that Jesus isn't/wasn't God?

What is the end game here?

What does it prove or imply if Jesus is not God?

Other than just completely discrediting everything He ever said/did?

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did Kingdom Hall convince you that you're a god?

John 14:9 (NKJV)
9 He who has seen Me has seen the Father;

Amen Jesus!

When Jesus said to the Jews at John 10: 34- Is it not written in your law, I said, ye are gods, he was referring back to Psalms 82:6

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I rest my case.

I presented FIFTEEN verses, maybe sixteen, and you CLAIMED there are NO VERSES where Jesus claims to be God.

That's right and i corrected the first of the ones you posted as examples. The fact that you read and post scriptures out of context 'make any case except the one where you need to study more and pontificate less.

Case closed.

I did refute it and quite effectively and ignoring it or pretending it isn't so doesn't give your position any legitimacy.

The only thing closed here is your mind.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is God, He is just not The father ( the Supreme God).
The claim being debated is that Jesus NEVER claimed to be God.
These verses PROVE that to be incorrect.

Matthew 11:27 If you know either The Son or The Father, you know both of them because they are ONE in the same.
John 8:58 In reference to Exodus 3:14 where God The Father stated the great 'I AM', Jesus states "I AM."
John 10:30 "I and The Father are ONE." (Couldn't be more clear than that.)
John 10:33 The Jews tried to stone Jesus for outright claiming to be God.
John 14:9 "... He that hath seen Me hath seen The Father; ..."
John 20:28 Jesus does not correct Thomas for calling Him God. As you pointed out, Jesus declares there is only ONE God, The Father.
Titus 2:13, 2 Peter 1:1 " ... our God and Savior, Jesus Christ."
Hebrews 1:8 The Father Himself refers to Jesus as God.
Revelation 19:10 We are instructed to only worship God.
Matthew 2:11; 14:33; 28:9,17
Luke 24:52
John 9:38 All these verses show people worshiping Jesus as God and none are rebuked for it.

That's what Scripture says. Two distinctly different entities with the Son subordinate to the father.
Verse?

They can't BE two distinctly different entities.

Isaiah 45:5 "I am God and there is no other, there is NO GOD BESIDE ME: ..."

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh good grief, here we go again
"I am God and there is no other, there is NO GOD BESIDE ME: ..."

The first is "Lord (H3068 Yhwh- self existent supreme one) thats correct- there is no other supreme God (H430 elohim) ( he was comparing Himself to Himself)- thats not a statement on Jesus the Son

I already did the first few so not repeating

He that hath seen Me hath seen The Father; ..."

That means what it says. Jesus is the "logos" (manifestation) of the father because no man can be in the presence of God. Nothing more than that

Jesus does not correct Thomas for calling Him God. As you pointed out, Jesus declares there is only ONE God, The Father.

You got that one- great, there's hope

our God and Savior, Jesus Christ."

Again Jesus is "our God" and savior- nowhere does that say Jesus is the father

The Father Himself refers to Jesus as God.

Read closer God calls the 'son" God ( which he is) but God doesn't call the son "Himself"- 2 separate entities

We are instructed to only worship God.

Read the whole thing. The angel says to worship God ( the Supreme) via the testimony of Jesus ( The only way to the father is through the Son)

All these verses show people worshiping Jesus as God and none are rebuked for it.

As God ( by definition yes) but NOT as the Father

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Jesus states that The Father is higher than He or that Jesus is subordinate

Jesus and the Apostles were monotheists who equated the Father alone as God. I already provided some verses.

A challenge you to write a stronger anti-trinitarian sentence than Paul did at 1 Corinthians 8:6, 'For us, there is one God, the Father.'

Reactions: APAK

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are a number of you on these Christian forums that are working in concert to deny the deity of Jesus Christ in an attempt to train up the younger Christians into abhorrent False Doctrine.

Since the doctrine of the trinity is nowhere to be found in Scripture, it is clear trinitarians are the ones pushing the abhorrent False Doctrine.

The Sh'ma and 1C say not to have any gods before the singular pronoun of "me." This is the Father. God the Father is explicit in Scripture. Never is God the Son or God the HS. No where in Scripture is there a verse that reads something like The nature of God is a trinity - consisting of the F, S & HS who are co-substantial, co-equal and co-eternal - and if you do not believe this you cannot be saved but are damned to hell forever.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus claimed to be God many times, many ways.

Never, not once. Trinitarians offer False Alternatives, such as saying a common expression means "I am" qualifies as a claim of deity. Many others say "I am" in Scripture but that does not make them God.

An obvious way we know that Jesus is not God is that Jesus died and the Book of Acts makes explicit it was God - not "the Father" who raised him from the dead.

I don't believe you address the logic of Jesus being on the right hand of God - not "the Father" - but the right hand of God.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Enough with the arguing over whose theology is correct.
This is a quote from the Statement of Faith which is available in the Community Announcements forum..
Any beliefs outside of this will not be supported...you may discuss your beliefs but do not attack our beliefs...period.
We believe that God is the Creator, Sustainer, and Ruler of the universe. We attest that God has eternally existed in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. These three are co-equal and are one God. (Genesis 1:1, 26-27, Genesis 3:22, Deuteronomy 6:4, Psalm 90:2, John 1:1, John 10:30, Romans 3:30, II Corinthians 13:14, I Peter 1:2)

We believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and is co-equal with the Father. Jesus lived a completely sinless human life and offered himself freely on the cross as the perfect sacrifice for the sins of all, according to God’s plan revealed from the beginning. After three days, Jesus arose from the dead to demonstrate his power over death. He ascended to heaven to await his future return as King of Kings and Lord of Lords. (Genesis 3:15, Isaiah 9:6-7, Matthew 1:22-25, John 1:1-5, John 14:10-30, Acts 1:9-11, Romans 1:3-4, I Corinthians 15:3-4, I Timothy 6:14-15, Titus 2:3, Hebrews 4:14-15)

We believe that the Holy Spirit is equal with the Father and Son (Jesus). He is present in this world as an intercessor to make men and women aware of their need for Jesus the Christ. The Holy Spirit resides in every believer from the moment of salvation. He empowers the Christian with strength for living, understanding the truth, witnessing to others, and in doing what is right. (John 14:16-17, John 16:7-13, Acts 1:8, I Corinthians 2:12, I Corinthians 3:16, II Corinthians 3:17, Galatians 5:16-25, Ephesians 1:13-14, Ephesians 5:18-21)

Status
Not open for further replies.