Is Jesus the End of the Law?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ok, you'd rather not answer the subject of the thread with a yes or no.

And you never will see any 'perfectly perfect' Christian in this life, because there is no such man on earth, including the man Jesus, who was not a perfectly perfect man either, nor does He command it to His people.

For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Perfectionism is only after the resurrection of the body. Until then every man will have tempting thoughts, just like Jesus, but only the faithful reject them like Jesus, which is without taking them to heart to lust for them.

The only advocacy of Jesus, is to forgive them that repent, not to argue 'mitigating factors' for sinning with the devil against God.

There are no mitigating circumstances for drunken fornication.

Mercy is good. Teaching sinning for life under the banner of grace is of the devil.

OSAS believers and teachers need no license for sinning, they just do it and teach it as by grace.

True, Those who do the letter of the law
without the Spirit, only appear more righteous.

Those who are transgressing the letter of the law, have no righteousness of God at all.

Sinning with the devil is coming short of the glory of God on earth.

Seeing through a glass darkly, is simply because our renewed and clean minds of Christ are not yet perfected.

Yes you do. It would be wise of you not to judge all others as guilty as yourself, just because you like to believe it.

If nothing else, the flood teaches us that even if everyone is doing, it doesn't mean God won't judge everyone for doing it.

And everyone wasn't then, nor isn't now doing it, no matter how much OSAS offensive sinners like to say so.

We don't repent of unwanted thoughts from the devil, we just reject them out of hand. Having un unwanted thought is neither sinning nor coming short of the glory of God on earth.

Jesus had all such unrighteous and vain thoughts thrown at His mind from the devil, while being a man in mortal flesh, but without sin.

The perfectionism that says having a tempting thought is sinning against God, is ignorance at best, and self-justification at worst, for classifying all sinning with the devil against God, as just more 'imperfection'.

The faithful in Christ Jesus, like Jesus Himself, endure such temptation, without doing it.

Behaving on unrighteous thoughts is doing unrighteousness with the devil.

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God.

No soul while sinning with the devil against God is born of God, but is a child of the devil. Mercy only comes by repenting of behaving like a child of the devil.

I'm not saying Jesus "reasons" with the Father, but I believe His advocacy on our behalf is on thiswise:

Heb 5:1-2

For every high priest taken from among men is ordained for men in things pertaining to God, that he may offer both gifts and sacrifices for sins:

Who can have compassion on the ignorant, and on them that are out of the way; for that he himself also is compassed with infirmity.

Heb 4:15-16

For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

1Jo 1:8

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

1Jo 2:1-2

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

And he is the propitiation for our sins
: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

1Co 4:3-4

But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged by you or by a human court. In fact, I do not even judge myself.

For I know of nothing against myself, yet I am not justified by this; but He who judges me is the Lord.

We all continue to need His mercy every moment of every day, but do I believe that we can go around abusing His mercy and expect that it will automatically continue to be applied to us indefinitely? NO I do not. God is not mocked.

Last edited:

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not saying Jesus "reasons" with the Father, but I believe His advocacy on our behalf is on thiswise:

We all continue to need His mercy every moment of every day, but do I believe that we can go around abusing His mercy and expect that it will automatically continue to be applied to us indefinitely? NO I do not. God is not mocked.

Agreed. In practice you do not agree with OSAS, that Jesus' grace and mercy are to cover a person while sinning, but rather you would teach the truth, that His help is only for them enduring temptation, so as not to sin with the devil.

However, your words doctrinally agree with OSAS in calling all Christians sinners, that will all be sinning again and again, and that no Christian can be righteous as He is righteous, and doing His righteousness, without also sinning from time to time.

I'm not saying Jesus "reasons" with the Father, but I believe His advocacy on our behalf is on this wise:

The advocacy of Jesus with the Father is for any man that sins, but is only for mercy of forgiveness, if sinning is confessed with godly sorrow to repent.

His intercession however is not His advocacy, but rather is His help of grace, that is only with them that are enduring temptation, There is no grace with anyone, that has received temptation with lust to do it. At that point, we are children of the devil in service to sinning: No more grace to help nor intercession on our behalf.

Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

Do not err, my beloved brethren.

Once any soul on earth crosses the line from being tempted, to lusting for it, that soul is cut off from the Lord, by their own lusting with the devil.

There is no respect of persons with God, We cannot preach the unbelieving sinner is dead and separated from the life in Christ Jesus, and yet say we are not also dead and separated from Him, even while we do the same sinning.

While drunkenly fornicating, every soul is a drunken fornicator separated from Jesus Christ, who is separate from all sinners.

The lesson of Balaam is clear, the Lord would intercede even with a talking ass, while someone is being tempted, but once anyone is committing the sin, they are judged guilty like all others and left alone by the Lord to do their sinning.

Hear ye me, Asa, and all Judah and Benjamin; The LORD is with you, while ye be with him; and if ye seek him, he will be found of you; but if ye forsake him, he will forsake you.

They that observe lying vanities forsake their own mercy.

O LORD, the hope of Israel, all that forsake thee shall be ashamed, and they that depart from me shall be written in the earth, because they have forsaken the LORD, the fountain of living waters.

Grace covers no man, so that the Lord will not forsake any man that is forsaking Him for fellowship with the devil.

Not at any time. Not for me, nor you, nor any other soul on earth. God is not a respecter of persons.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was just speaking with a member who does not accept that SAVED, means SAVED.
He has been taught that SAVED, means..>"process of getting there". "first part".. "2nd part".. and "good luck".
So, that is just Legalism, same as always, as Legalism teaches that Jesus does not keep you saved.

So, if He doesn't, then WHO DOES?

A.) the person believes they are to do it....and that means they have no FAITH IN CHRIST.

Paul says this BELIEVER is "bewitched" "In the flesh", and "fallen from Grace".

Huge difference between IS Saved, and SHALL BE Saved.
Billions of people and God has given knowledge for Every man.
Some men have Become Saved, some haven’t, but Shall be Saved...
“IF”, this is accomplished before they die.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned.

Neither the law nor the commandment of the Lord is ended and no longer matters in letter, but was fulfilled as intended by Jesus on earth, and now by His flesh and bones.

Bot the law and the commandment of God are holy and good, but of the end result of righteousness and purity of heart is not obtained, then the law and commandment can only condemn them that refuse to do so.

In Christ Jesus the righteousness of the law and the purity of the commandment is fulfilled by His Spirit giving us all the divine power we need to do so:

Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord, According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue.

In Christ we fulfill the glory and virtue of the law and commandment of God: a pure heart and clean hands.

Who shall ascend into the hill of the LORD? or who shall stand in his holy place? He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart.