Is Jesus the only Way?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just to say that a mistake was made in my being banned...and you may all have to bear with me a little longer.... :)

Thanks you all for your love and concern and support. You have my love and gratitude!

Nancy...that's just what I did...I watched a movie with my son! ;)

Jesus all the Way! <><

YAY! We have been mourning our loss, and here you are!!! Lol...YES, God hears, God answers! ♥
Welcome back, ahaha!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Oh, don't worry, there was no danger of us not putting up with you longer - we were just going to look for a new place to meet! Its so rare to find encouragement, true edification, that when we find it, we are surprised, which shouldn't be the case, but it sadly is. Its too hard to find practical help in our own walk, so we latch onto it and refuse to let go when we find it. So its rather you who will have to put up with us!

Oh sister may you be blessed. :) It was good to chat with you in spite of the mute witness which was forced on us. But we did hear your voice..after all these years.. :)

Peace in Him <><

faithfulness

Aug 13, 2018
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, don't worry, there was no danger of us not putting up with you longer - we were just going to look for a new place to meet! Its so rare to find encouragement, true edification, that when we find it, we are surprised, which shouldn't be the case, but it sadly is. Its too hard to find practical help in our own walk, so we latch onto it and refuse to let go when we find it. So its rather you who will have to put up with us!
Oh so true sbg! And rare! Praise the Lord~

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh sister may you be blessed. :) It was good to chat with you in spite of the mute witness which was forced on us. But we did hear your voice..after all these years.. :)

Peace in Him <><

I wish I could have heard your voices too! Sometimes I press a lot of buttons and end up with a happy accident, as if by magic. :D

Reactions: Episkopos

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
So rather than look to the Bible, we are to look inside to our thoughts and feelings, and to hope that they truly come from God, without another way to be sure.
look inside your own thoughts and feelings? Where/how did you extract that from that, if i may ask? Ty
And in looking to God's Word, this means I don't give God the glory?
if you would just Quote "the Bible is Word" real quick, from any one of the surely multiple locations, i could take a stab at a reply even though i'm not so good at those
if you like.

I'd accept any instance of "read God's Word" or "read the Word" or even "look at Word" or "study the Word," any one of those will do fine ok. Just looking for a Scriptural taking off point for my reply, understand.

Last edited:

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah, i heardthere a pointing to the other guy's maybe, not "ours?" Course in any marriage...the object of ones nakedness changes i guess right. Jews still talk like that, guess we don't tho
yes, I said 'ours'...very cryptic writing of yours lol.

and how exactly do you envision that happening, practically speaking? Bc wadr you make it read as if our own Reading Of The Word would like auto-correct any errant belief we might choose to hold the moment we Read the "interpretation corrector?"
more cryption? lol
The more we learn of His Word, the more it comes together and makes sense as one comprehends the larger picture since ultimately in is assembled together by One Designer. It is self correcting in that God doesn't lie neither does He contradict Himself. So the better you know it, the better you see how it all fits as a unified whole, not 66 fragmented pieces.

Reactions: tzcho2

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've realized that you believe the same as Episkopos, is that right?

That without reaching a sinless state we are not saved, or do I misunderstand?

Much love!

Yeah, I think you misunderstand. God accepts men who do what is right. Abel did what was right. The man who said, have mercy on me, a sinner, did what was right. Many others did what was right.

But no humble man would say he does what is NOT right and has a saved status while another man does what is right and has an unsaved status. He would not dare judge that but would leave it all to God.

The humble man doesn't even have it cross his mind to do such a thing. He is too humble to do so.

So the right thing for a man who sees he does not do what is right is humility, not giving himself a seat higher up and giving others a seat lower down!

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
amadeus said:
The testing occurs according the Word as it is written in our hearts. The point of origin for us may seem to be the Bible, but remember the other guy may be claiming the same Bible and even the same verses as his point of origin. Ultimately the correct testing is done by God. If we are not in touch with Him for the test we cannot expect to always receive God's result for our own.
bbyrd009said:
ah ya, that other guy, huh
Ecclesiastes 4:12 Lexicon: And if one can overpower him who is alone, two can resist him. A cord of three strands is not quickly torn apart.
no chabal rope there at all huh. Hmm plus check out the way it even reads in English, from the Lex! Not what we are usually taught at all! Nasb i guess that is
Remember when you speak of the three fold cord to consider for these three: the alms of Matt 6:1-4; the prayer of Matt 6:5-15; and the fasting of Matt 6:16-18.

If we are able to follow and/or use the instructions Jesus gave us for the proper make-up of the three cords, then it will indeed be difficult if not impossible to tear apart.

Reactions: bbyrd009 and Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
yes, I said 'ours'.
But i don't read where Amadeus ever did?
if our interpretation is faulty it will correct that interpretation in another section
and how exactly do you envision that happening, practically speaking?
more cryption? lol
ah, I guess, maybe, if the Q was not clear? What is "it" up there? Are you saying our faulty interpretation will correct our interpretation in another section?

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The more we learn of His Word, the more it comes together and makes sense as one comprehends the larger picture since ultimately in is assembled together by One Designer. It is self correcting in that God doesn't lie neither does He contradict Himself. So the better you know it, the better you see how it all fits as a unified whole, not 66 fragmented pieces.
Yet many will be deceived right, few there are who find it
So wadr i don't know who your "we" is there.
Step by steppers, here-a little-there-a-little?

I mean no offense ok, i am just suspicious of any "making sense of Word."
Let alone learning It i guess. Maybe you could Quote a couple vv that might clarify? Ty

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This entire threads OP and premise is a mockery of God and his revealed word, coupled with a "follow me and my mysticism, and be my disciple" by the author.

Paul warned those at Ephesus, and those of us today that some would rise up to speak twisted things and draw away disciples after them, Acts 20:30 . Mitigating the word to draw attention to one's self? Yep, that's the epitome of this episkopos who loves to mitigate the word, exalt himself while trampling others in the process. These are the self-proclaimed super spiritual.

Reactions: tzcho2 and prism

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This entire threads OP and premise is a mockery of God and his revealed word, coupled with a "follow me and my mysticism, and be my disciple" by the author.

Paul warned those at Ephesus, and those of us today that some would rise up to speak twisted things and draw away disciples after them, Acts 20:30 . Mitigating the word to draw attention to one's self? Yep, that's the epitome of this episkopos who loves to mitigate the word, exalt himself while trampling others in the process. These are the self-proclaimed super spiritual.

Man, you take the fun right out of fundamentalism! :rolleyes:o_O

BTW way to do exactly what you accuse me of...you just need some attention. And so nasty. :eek:

Just change the diatribe to "super-religious" and you are being autobiographical.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet many will be deceived right, few there are who find it
So wadr i don't know who your "we" is there.
Step by steppers, here-a little-there-a-little?

I mean no offense ok, i am just suspicious of any "making sense of Word."
Let alone learning It i guess. Maybe you could Quote a couple vv that might clarify? Ty
The only way it ever can really make "sense" to a man would be when that man has gone as you say, "step by steppers...". We read and we study and alone we still will never understand unless somewhere in us there is a hunger and thirst for His righteousness.

"Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled." Matt 5:6

How does a person get so hungry and so thirsty?

If we can understand why King Saul and King David with seemingly the same anointing at the start of their reigns obtained or received such different results then perhaps we will understand...?

Reactions: faithfulness