Is Michael Another Name For Jesus?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So why was this thread allowed to remain?
well, I don’t know. I don’t think there are enough of them to read every post we generate and often only know a problem is happening because a few people report it? Or maybe someone reported but they made the decision that nothing wrong has occurred?
And was the poster banned? Walter and Debbie have a huge bunch of threads on Jesus being Michael the archangel (meaning that Jesus is NOT God). So why have they not been banned? Or have they been banned and we are not aware of it? Or do we have a two-tiered system so that heterodox doctrines trump orthodox doctrines?
No, the poster has not been banned - the poster is a staff member. Additionally, you can tell if someone has been banned because, usually, if you try to click on their profile page you can’t pull it up and get a message that says, “oops, page could not be found.“ I, personally, do not see that thinking the being Michael portrays Jesus is necessarily saying Jesus is not God. I have read WalterandDebbie literally state that Jesus is God. I haven’t studied how many times the word translated as “archangel” is even used in the Bible but it can’t be more than a few. And I’ve actually skimmed the “argument” and I could at least follow along with that argument, even though I do not agree and was not persuaded by the argument and think there’s not enough in it to determine the assertion.
But if I say I think “angel of the Lord” is Jesus hidden in the OT, that does not mean I necessarily think Jesus is not God, does it? It just means I think I can see, with some clarity and support, that a few people saw Jesus before His literal birth in human flesh occurred and were confused as to why they weren’t dead for having seen God face to face.
Does any of that make sense to you the way I explained it?

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But if I say I think “angel of the Lord” is Jesus hidden in the OT, that does not mean I necessarily think Jesus is not God, does it?

There is express Scripture that says...
“AN” angel of the Lord...and
“THE” angel of the Lord.

“AN” and “THE” changes the meaning WHO it is referring to.

Same as there is a difference between:
...sons (collectively) of God and Son (personal) of God
...sons (collectively) of God and My (personal) Son
...My Father (personal) and Our Father (collectively)
...IS a (human) man and LIKENESS AS a (human) man

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But if I say I think “angel of the Lord” is Jesus hidden in the OT, that does not mean I necessarily think Jesus is not God, does it?
As a matter of fact the biblical evidence is quite overwhelming that in the OT "the angel of the LORD" is in fact the pre-incarnate Christ. He has presented Himself as God so there is no question in this regard.

But Walter and Debbie had better make up their minds. If Jesus is God (which He is ) then He is NOT the archangel Michael. Which means they should DELETE all these nonsensical posts and focus on truth. They cannot be on the staff and also play theological games.

Reactions: Johann

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Regardless of any views everyone has the choice about there membership here. The moderators explained the reasons why the trinity became a banned subject, and whether or not anyone agrees or disagrees is a mute point right now because its how it is at the moment.

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shouldn’t you be asking @doughty if signing on to certain doctrine and dogma is a requirement for participation here?

I don’t think he’s interested in an echo chamber where everyone must sing from one song sheet. That wouldn’t be much of a discussion forum and it wouldn’t be any kind of an outreach.
"Signing on" to the forums Statement of Faith are NOT rules. You do see we have JW's, Mormons, SDA's on here under the banner of Christian. Statement of Faith, and forum rules are two totally separate things. The Statement of Faith is simply what the forum owner's faith is.
@doughty ??

Status
Not open for further replies.