Is Muhammad predicted in the Bible: A Christian reply

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth_Teller

May 9, 2008
(adren@line;49294)
Your "new" translations still proves my point: Mohhamed threatened the rulers of Oman to convert. If they didnt, then he would invade their country.That is the epitome of coerced conversion, ie "convert or ill invade/kill you".As far as slavery, yes Islam does permit the enslavement of non-Muslims. It does not permit the enslavement of Muslims. This is why many/most people converted to Islam after being invaded and conquered by a Muslim army.
Prove that if whether it´s written in Qur´an. It´s a baseless statement. Qur´an itself says that "There is no enforcement in religion". So you mean Muhammad (peace be upon him) lived throughout his life as a contradiction to The Message (Qur´an) he brought himself:shepard:????

adren@line

Feb 24, 2008
The Quran also instructs Muslims to slay idolaters wherever one finds them.Your reply to this would be this:"The violent verses are to be taken in context and were revealed in specific instances".My reply to that would be that verses such as "no compulsion in religion" were also revealed in specific instances and historical context should be applied. In-fact, every single verse in the Quran was revealed in context.So at this point citing the Quran doesn't really help your argument.

Truth_Teller

May 9, 2008
(adren@line;49644)
The Quran also instructs Muslims to slay idolaters wherever one finds them.Your reply to this would be this:"The violent verses are to be taken in context and were revealed in specific instances".My reply to that would be that verses such as "no compulsion in religion" were also revealed in specific instances and historical context should be applied. In-fact, every single verse in the Quran was revealed in context.So at this point citing the Quran doesn't really help your argument.
"To slay idols" is a right one which still applies to Muslim. Those idols were in Kaaba and similarly we should slay idols if placed in a mosque.There the context does apply as the revelation was more of a command than anything else. But not in that "No compulsion in religion". Because would Allah first let him enforce and then ask him not to enforce:shepard:???

Truth_Teller

May 9, 2008
One thing I noticed by the thread-starter is that he ends every point by claiming "Time will come he will return" etc crap. I mean, if you are to win an argument then you can´t leave the points to the future saying "He will return" etc. Senseless!!!