Is Sabbath, Saturday or Sunday.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Okay. Go through the Galatians 5 list and compare them with the Ten Commandments and see which Commandment is broken for each item on the list that would keep someone out of the kingdom of God. Galatians t is quite clear, no one who does any of the things on the list will inherit the kingdom of God.

I think you may know that the Ten Commandments is reflected in the New Testament but you might to want to admit that God might view you in the light of those Commandments, and you may not be fully aware of the extent of your sinfulness.

You see, when we get a good, clear view of our sinfulness and how hateful that is to God, then when we turn to Christ, our commitment to Him is much deeper. A shallow convert is not aware of their own badness and therefore what Jesus really went through when He suffered and died on the cross for us.

So, go through the list of the works of the flesh in Galatians 5 and see which Commandment each one breaks. You might be surprised at how the Ten Commandments is woven into the New Testament.

Paul Christensen, Do your name honour and come forward with a clean and clear statement and confession of your faith with regard to the Seventh Day Sabbath of the Lord God.

I have an idea that you are a SDA but ashamed to make it known in so many words. Please show me wrong.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Paul Christensen, Do your name honour and come forward with a clean and clear statement and confession of your faith with regard to the Seventh Day Sabbath of the Lord God.

I have an idea that you are a SDA but ashamed to make it known in so many words. Please show me wrong.
I'm not SDA. I am a Reformed Puritan Presbyterian Bible believing Christian.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
All I did was to repeat what Paul said about law and grace! And I got a salvo for it!
Insinuation, suggestion and implication oft speak harder and always CLEARER than <repeat> what whoever <said>.
Virtually all your posts are not <<All I did>>. I don't have hair; I'm no sheep and there is more than one way to skin a cat. See, all I did was repeat what others have said many times while I MEANT TO say the cat's... hairs! It's saying without saying --- all you do.

Look at this, <<I am a Reformed Puritan Presbyterian Bible believing Christian.>> You are not a SDA, OK!! (SDA are not <Bible believing Christian(s)>) ... All you did was say... Not that I care what you nevertheless suggested just saying.

Last edited:

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Okay. Go through the Galatians 5 list and compare them with the Ten Commandments and see which Commandment is broken for each item on the list that would keep someone out of the kingdom of God. Galatians t is quite clear, no one who does any of the things on the list will inherit the kingdom of God.

I think you may know that the Ten Commandments is reflected in the New Testament but you might to want to admit that God might view you in the light of those Commandments, and you may not be fully aware of the extent of your sinfulness.

You see, when we get a good, clear view of our sinfulness and how hateful that is to God, then when we turn to Christ, our commitment to Him is much deeper. A shallow convert is not aware of their own badness and therefore what Jesus really went through when He suffered and died on the cross for us.

So, go through the list of the works of the flesh in Galatians 5 and see which Commandment each one breaks. You might be surprised at how the Ten Commandments is woven into the New Testament.

Paul,

Gal 5:19-21 states:

19 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.​

I didn't ask how sinful behaviour of the 10 Commandments could be 'woven into' the NT. I asked for specifics of how the NT commandments harmonise with the 10 Commandments. I have compared them for you in Compare the Ten Commandments with New Testament teaching[1]

Oz

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Paul,

Gal 5:19-21 states:

19 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.​

I didn't ask how sinful behaviour of the 10 Commandments could be 'woven into' the NT. I asked for specifics of how the NT commandments harmonise with the 10 Commandments. I have compared them for you in Compare the Ten Commandments with New Testament teaching[1]

Oz
Yep. I got it

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Insinuation, suggestion and implication oft speak harder and always CLEARER than <repeat> what whoever <said>.
Virtually all your posts are not <<All I did>>. I don't have hair; I'm no sheep and there is more than one way to skin a cat. See, all I did was repeat what others have said many times while I MEANT TO say the cat's... hairs! It's saying without saying --- all you do.
Are you ok?

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... there are those who believe..

"Even the demons believe that —and shudder.

"What does it mean that even the demons believe (James 2:19 ...

" What does it mean that even the demons believe (James 2:19)? | GotQuestions.org
The demons "believe" some things that are true about God—they know He's real, He's powerful, etc.—but their "theological soundness" cannot be called faith. There's no salvation for the demons, even though they assent to the truth that there is one God."

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you see what he said to me? Totally off the wall - a shocking response.
Not sure which post your referring to, there are a couple or more mockers just making fun , (not in a good way), they are making fun of the truth, mocking it and ignoring Jesus. (Psalm 1: I beleive we should stay out of the way of mockers, as written. )

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Not sure which post your referring to, there are a couple or more mockers just making fun , (not in a good way), they are making fun of the truth, mocking it and ignoring Jesus. (Psalm 1: I beleive we should stay out of the way of mockers, as written. )

Hey pals, stop it right there. Now it's two - or three- ganging up against whom? Against me? For what? For what I (supposedly) said to Paul Christensen?
WHAT DID I SAY? What is the fuss about? I do not get it sorry.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"Even the demons believe that —and shudder.

"What does it mean that even the demons believe (James 2:19 ...

" What does it mean that even the demons believe (James 2:19)? | GotQuestions.org
The demons "believe" some things that are true about God—they know He's real, He's powerful, etc.—but their "theological soundness" cannot be called faith. There's no salvation for the demons, even though they assent to the truth that there is one God."
Yes, the demons believe "mental assent" that "there is one God," but they do not believe in/have faith in/trust in/reliance in Jesus Christ for salvation. In other words, the demons do not believe in the Lord Jesus Christ (Acts 16:31) and are not saved.

Reactions: Joseph77

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey pals, stop it right there. Now it's two - or three- ganging up against whom? Against me? For what? For what I (supposedly) said to Paul Christensen?
WHAT DID I SAY? What is the fuss about? I do not get it sorry.
Your own posts, your own words, unless someone posted for you ....
Everyone will be judged by their own words.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Are you ok?

I refer to my post #414 in reply to your post #407 wherein you wrote <<the Scripture says that if we are saved by keeping the Law grace is no more grace>> YOU IMPLYING, that I say, we are saved by keeping the Law and don't need grace to be saved-- just what you until in your last post, kept on meaning and meant to imply but of course have not said (or written).

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Showing your 'true' colors now? Assuming and posting errors more and again ..... directly in your own words...

From where came you? You were not part of the conversation. Just another ashamed for his name and alliance....

... alliance? Union with and in the Son and the Father. Union , echad(one) , with all who are in Christ Jesus... as written.... not a denominational thing....