Is Sabbath, Saturday or Sunday.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Truth is important. If you persist in telling people they are okay, when they are doomed according to all God's Plan and Scripture, unless they repent, then what?

What did Nineveh DO ? (when told they were going to be destroyed in what? 40 days ? )

If people repent, they do not have to fear the judgment.

IF people do not repent, they have no hope for eternal life. Only cursed in this life, and cast out on Judgment Day.
The truth, go try telling christians that most of them will have to go through the tribulation because they refuse to go to Christ, and see what happens, how much truth do you see on christians forums, if christians wont listen why should they. But go condemn the world to death, it is what christians are really good at.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
If someone came to you and told you. that you where going to hell, what do you think you would do if you where not a christian, I know what I would say. And than why should they listen to you. God loves you so you are going to hell, Really good message about God,
You haven't really read my posts about the gospel, have you?

No Christian worker in their right mind, unless they are a zealot, would say that right up front to an unsaved person. That is the very reason why many unsaved people are "ruined" for any further gospel approach! We don't put the net right in front of the bird! Before we can say that if they are not prepared for the judgment, they could go to hell, only when they have been tested concerning their goodness in the light of the Ten Commandments and realise that they are not good, and then asked if they were found guilty in the judgment would they go to heaven or hell, they would usually answer "hell" themselves, and all you have to do is to agree with them. Then once they realise that if there is a judgment they would probably go to hell, I would ask them how they felt about that, and usually they would answer that they don't feel good about it, but a little scared. Then I can show them the way out through what Jesus did on the cross for them - that He took the penalty for their sin so when they come to judgment they will have no fear of it because they have their "parachute" so they can "land" safely and not fall right down into the pit of hell because of their sins.

But if you present God's love first, all you are doing is giving them a mental image of a fuzzy wuzzy lovey dovey God that they can feel comfortable with instead of the God of the Bible who is a God of justice which needs to be seen first; and this mental image of God is idolatry, because it is not the God of the Bible. I wonder if your God is your comfortable mental image of God instead of the true and living God of the Bible?

This could explain your opposition to the gospel that I am presenting and supporting.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The truth, go try telling christians that most of them will have to go through the tribulation because they refuse to go to Christ, and see what happens, how much truth do you see on christians forums, if christians wont listen why should they. But go condemn the world to death, it is what christians are really good at.
What if anything do you honestly (if there's any honesty) know about truth ?

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You haven't really read my posts about the gospel, have you?
Is it even possible for someone with a veil (as described by Jesus in Scripture) preventing them from seeing,
to read or understand the truth about anything ? If and when the false gospel is what is trusted and promoted, .... what is to become of them?

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Is it even possible for someone with a veil (as described by Jesus in Scripture) preventing them from seeing,
to read or understand the truth about anything ? If and when the false gospel is what is trusted and promoted, .... what is to become of them?
We need to pray for them that the Holy Spirit will convict them of sin, righteousness and judgment to come, give them the true gospel, and trust the power of God in it to give them true salvation through belief in it.

There are professing Christians who think they are good, but still have habit patterns that involve lying, thieving, blaspheming and adultery at heart. These are what many called "carnal" Christians, but there is actually no such thing. If a person has not repented and forsaken their sinful habit patterns they are not "carnal" but are hypocrites.

Paul called believers in Corinth "carnal" because they were still baby Christians needing milk instead of meat because even though they had the Holy Spirit and living in Him, they were still thinking in many ways like natural men. There is a difference between a straight out unrepentant religious hypocrite who will not give up favourite sins, and a sincere believer who needs his head sorted out,

Reactions: Joseph77

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Even Paul, who was and is the most influential New Testament teacher and apostle, had to continually examine himself and buffet his body so that he did not end up being a hypocrite and a castaway. If someone like Paul had to do that all the time and said that we should "examine ourselves to see whether we are in the faith", as he undoubtedly was doing for himself, we should be even more sober and vigilant, as Peter said, "Because the devil goes around like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour".

Last edited:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
But if you present God's love first, all you are doing is giving them a mental image of a fuzzy wuzzy lovey dovey God that they can feel comfortable with instead of the God of the Bible who is a God of justice which needs to be seen first; and this mental image of God is idolatry, because it is not the God of the Bible. I wonder if your God is your comfortable mental image of God instead of the true and living God of the Bible?
Thats right a God that loves mankind, funny how we make Him out to be a horrible scallywag. God is Love, that will never change.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What if anything do you honestly (if there's any honesty) know about truth ?
Well you see there is only one truth, His name is Jesus.

Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Joh 8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

I dont know of any other truth, do you???
Joh_8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Thats right a God that loves mankind, funny how we make Him out to be a horrible scallywag. God is Love, that will never change.
So, you think that raping three women and cutting their throats is right because God is a God of love and will let the rapist get away with it just for saying, "I'm sorry Lord, I won't do it again?"

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

So, where does the Holy Spirit convicting the world of sin, righteousness and judgment to come enter into the gospel mix?

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even Paul, who was and is the most influential New Testament teacher and apostle, had to continually examine himself and buffet his body so that he did <NOT> end up being a hypocrite and a castaway. If someone like Paul had to do that all the time and said that we should "examine ourselves to see whether we are in the faith", as he undoubtedly was doing for himself, we should be even more sober and vigilant, as Peter said, "Because the devil goes around like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour".
Few have had the revelations he was given.
Still, yes, many warnings to believers, throughout Scripture, to be aware of .... "that no one be found to fall short" ....

As written: It is no problem to keep repeating the cautions/warnings/ alerts/ things to be aware of.... rather it is A SAFEGUARD for all of us. (to keep repeating , sometimes daily, yet always as directed by the Creator , each moment/ continually )

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If and when you contradict Scripture, or reject Scripture, that is as Jesus says rejecting Jesus and the Father.

Reactions: GerhardEbersoehn

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you do that ?

I don't think that's funny at all.

God doesn't either. Misrepresenting Him is why Moses was not permitted to enter the Promised Land.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Few have had the revelations he was given.
Still, yes, many warnings to believers, throughout Scripture, to be aware of .... "that no one be found to fall short" ....

As written: It is no problem to keep repeating the cautions/warnings/ alerts/ things to be aware of.... rather it is A SAFEGUARD for all of us. (to keep repeating , sometimes daily, yet always as directed by the Creator , each moment/ continually )
Whoops! I type too fast for my own good!

Reactions: Joseph77

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, in a way unexpected, this part is 'true'.

Who first sanctified Shabbat ? (hint: in Genesis)

Right, if Christians are concerned about which day is the sabbath, they are concerned about the wrong thing, because our rest is in the one who sanctified it to start with. This is why the book says it was made for us, not for God. Its quite silly that some people actually believe that God actually needs "rest".
default_laugh.png

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right, if Christians are concerned about which day is the sabbath, they are concerned about the wrong thing, because our rest is in the one who sanctified it to start with. This is why the book says it was made for us, not for God. Its quite silly that some people actually believe that God actually needs "rest".
No. Not right. You did not even answer the simplest question. WHO sanctified shabbat ? (hint: in Genesis)