Is Sabbath, Saturday or Sunday.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
o the math ... lol, (smile), ok., you win that one (on the math), ... no need to argue over that one, (smile). but on a serious note, that was three "days" and "NIGHTS", and one other thing, you do know that we're in a eight "day" covenant right?

last one, I will not take issue here with you, but remember this, never "assume" what someone says, but check it out in the scriptures to see if it's so, ok.

Test applied; found 100% applicable to yourself with 100% disastrous consequences for both your theories and doctrines and you.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Yeah but he still rose on the third day..
Yes, and it still is written it was "the day which is after the Preparation (the day after Friday is the Sabbath)" and "the third He said He would rise again", Matthew 27:62,64, and, that it was "Sabbath mid-afternoon before the First Day of the week (before Sunday)."

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think you've missed the point mjrhealth
No I did not, not by a long shot.

Rom_10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

and again

Gal_3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Col_3:11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.

but for those not in Christ well....

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The day after Passover would be a High Sabbath, followed by the regular Sabbath. At the same time unless we keep in mind that the Hebrew day began and ended at sunset, we will be not clear about this.

Day #1 -- sunset Nisan 14 to sunset Nisan 15 (Thursday)
Day #2 -- sunset Nisan 15 to sunset Nisan 16 (Friday)
Day #3 -- sunset Nisan 16 to sunset Nisan 17 (Saturday)

The day after Passover SACRIFICE would be a High Sabbath, followed by the regular Sabbath.

Day #1 -- sunset after Nisan 13 to sunset after Nisan 14 (Thursday)
Day #2 -- sunset after Nisan 14 to sunset after Nisan 15 (Friday)
Day #3 -- sunset after Nisan 15 to sunset after Nisan 16 (Sabbath)

Enoch111, in the Name of God!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Test applied; found 100% applicable to yourself with 100% disastrous consequences for both your theories and doctrines and you.

Yes pot speaking to the kettle i thinks

Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
Col 2:17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Sabbath was the shadow this is the reality

Heb 4:1 Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
Heb 4:2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
Heb 4:3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
Heb 4:4 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.
Heb 4:5 And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest.
Heb 4:6 Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:

are you ever going to enter into His rest....

Reactions: mailmandan

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Jewish communal life part of a day is at times reckoned as one day; e.g., the day of the funeral, even when the latter takes place late in the afternoon, is counted as the first of the seven days of mourning; a short time in the morning is counted as a whole day; e.g. Resurrection day.

DAY - JewishEncyclopedia.com
first thanks for the reply, second that's Jewish and have no revelance to the three days and three night, but thanks anyway.

PICJAG.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
first thanks for your reply, but is that your oponion? I already know when our Lord and saviour died and rose. so I'm justt intrested in seeing how lost many are on this topic. and no our Lord was not crucified on friday..... nor good friday either... :eek: but it's good to have a little fun every now and then.

PICJAG

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
first thanks for your reply, but is that your oponion? I already know when our Lord and saviour died and rose. so I'm justt intrested in seeing how lost many are on this topic. and no our Lord was not crucified on friday..... nor good friday either... :eek: but it's good to have a little fun every now and then.

If you know, are you afraid or ashamed to say which days or are you <playing> <fun> lying? In my <opinion> you have no sense of humour or of true fun or of real knowledge of Scripture. I hate to be entertained by wit like yours.

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you know, are you afraid or ashamed to say which days or are you <playing> <fun> lying? In my <opinion> you have no sense of humour or of true fun or of real knowledge of Scripture. I hate to be entertained with wit like yours.
this topic has been resolved many a years ago, and yes, I'm having fun seeing so many false perceptions and answers in how may days the Lord was in the heart of the earth before he rose. and if you want to know my answer, just search some old topice like this and you will see and know. lastly I have seen over and over responses like your, meaning you don't know... :D

so go and seek. and good day.

PICJAG.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
this topic has been resolved many a years ago, and yes, I'm having fun seeing so many false perceptions and answers in how may days the Lord was in the heart of the earth before he rose. and if you want to know my answer, just search some old topice like this and you will see and know. lastly I have seen over and over responses like your, meaning you don't know... :D

So you are ashamed; you are afraid; you are actually only pretending because you are very conscious of the truth you are ignorant. You are just another case in hand of the arrogance of ignorance.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Please do not try to be pretending. You fail the test on pretence like you failed the test on Scripture.
What pretence, I dont have to pretend about anything, like those who propose they keep teh law and sabbath. God is not ignorant or blind to mens charades.

Reactions: mailmandan

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
It's irrelevant and does not matter what days have become for you. We're talking about one specific day in SCRIPTURE "valid for the - WHOLE - People of God."
The Scripture also says that the Temple curtain was ripped from top to bottom signifying that the Old Jewish Covenant was at an end, and the observance of the Saturday Sabbath being a Jewish requirement was abolished along with all the other ceremonial and ritualistic observances. I am a Gentile, therefore the Jewish Saturday Sabbath has no relevance for me. The Scripture says that I no longer have to observe special days and seasons, but to worship God in Spirit and in truth. Jesus Christ and His finished work on Calvary is my Sabbath and I rest in Him, as the Apostle to the Hebrews tells me to do.

If you are observing the Jewish Sabbath as a definitely requirement for you to be justified before God, then Christ, according to the Apostle to the Hebrews as no benefit for you and the finished work of Christ on Calvary is out of your reach, because you are depending on the observance of the Old Covenant Jewish Law for justification before God.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

PICJAG.
I'm not sure it is a subject for 'fun.' People get very upset when the subject is close to their heart, including me.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not sure it is a subject for 'fun.' People get very upset when the subject is close to their heart, including me.
well understand the truth. there are not 3 days and three nights from friday to sunday. point blank.

PICJAG