Is Sabbath, Saturday or Sunday.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
They must not know the 7th day is God's seal?
To who, not Us His Spirit is His seal on us,

Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Joh 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

What has the Sabbath to do with us, it was a covenant between the Israelites and God, and it is why so many will never enter into His rest, too busy trying to prove themselves to God. As if we can do anything, without faith we cannot please God, where is your faith.

Reactions: mailmandan

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Seeing that I am retired, and that our country is in lockdown, every day has become a sabbath for me. Sometimes I lose track of what day of the week it is, so I am resting and being a couch potato every day of the week. That's what the sabbath rest is all about. Working six days and resting on the seventh.

Actually the actual Sabbath requirement is gone with the abolition of Judaism as the cutting edge of what God is doing. We now rest, through faith in Jesus as our Saviour and Lord, and if we decide to set one day apart for rest and worship, it actually doesn't matter what day of the week that might be.
I suppose thats why the Marriage requirement has gone out the window....it never occurred to me Judaism might be the cause.....after all The Sabbath and Marriage where instituted the same week.....kinda fits!....somehow....with a bit of juggling and gymnastics.....I thought I heard someone say Judaism was around at that time?....who knows, perhaps Adam was a Judaiser?.....thanks for bearing with me :)

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Christ was crucified on Wednesday of that week, which allows for a full three days and three nights in the tomb (days beginning and ending at sunset). There was no "Good Friday" observed in the apostolic churches, and the Lord's Supper was observed every Lord's Day as a remembrance feast (1 Cor 11).
Didn't they have the legs of those crucified on either side of Jesus broken because they didn't want the bodies on the crosses during the Sabbath? incidentally, a high day (when a ceremonial Sabbath and a 7th day Sabbath coincided?)

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well man has a way of changing a lot of things but I truly believe God rested on the 7th day which was Sunday and not Saturday. And I believe Monday is the first day of the week. Lol
Have you checked which day Israel keeps as the Sabbath Jennifer?....that will help you determine which is the seventh and which is the first day of the week

Last edited:

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Is Good Friday a day of rememberance of blood shed for Christ or something?
People (Christians) remember Good Friday as being the day God made it possible for the sins of the believer to be washed away by the blood of the lamb, when the veil was rent asunder, so that all who believe in Him, shall never perish. :)

Last edited:

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Well man has a way of changing a lot of things but I truly believe God rested on the 7th day which was Sunday and not Saturday. And I believe Monday is the first day of the week. Lol
It is such a pity that when the Jews devised their calender based on the solar system of 28 days in a month, that they got the days wrong. Not that it would make any difference anyway, because they do not believe Jesus was the promised Messiah.

Best to ignore their mistaken beliefs imo. :(

Last edited:
Reactions: Jennifer Augustine

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I am amazed at how resistant folk are to remembering and keeping the 7th day Sabbath holy as instructed in the decalogue. The Commandment is unambiguous. They must not know the 7th day is God's seal? or do they know and thumb their nose at it?
There must have more respect for man who has attempted to change it to the 1st day than they do for God who asked us to remember ie, not forget the 7th day.

Exodus 20:8-11
Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Ohhh, and regard to the seal embedded in the 4th Commandment.
A seal having these characteristics:-

1 The name of the person whose seal it is.....Lord God
2 Their title...............................................Creator
3 Their domain..........................................Heaven and Earth and all that is in them

Those that receive the God's seal referenced in Revelation 14:12 are those who keep the Commandments of God (not men's) and have the faith of Jesus.

Revelation 7:2-3 ...'And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea, saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.'

Revelation 14:12 ... 'Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus'.
The LORD in Old Testament days was a human being called Melchizedek. Jews believe in an earthly kingdom. The Lord of Moses (Melchizedek) commanded him to commit genocide and kill thousands. This is not the Lord who gave Moses the commandments. Jesus is Lord and God is unchanging.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jennifer Augustine

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The LORD in Old Testament days was a human being called Melchizedek. Jews believe in an earthly kingdom. The Lord of Moses (Melchizedek) commanded him to commit genocide and kill thousands. This is not the Lord who gave Moses the commandments. Jesus is Lord and God is unchanging.
Cooper, please get your information sorted out. Only accuracy delivers clarity.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Cooper, please get your information sorted out. Only accuracy delivers clarity.
I have it right. I am being clear.

Jewdaism, is an 'ism' like Buddhisim or Hinduism or Mohamadism. Jewdaism with all its man-made traditions ended physically with the destruction of the Temple in AD 70. According to the Jewish calendar this is year 5782. They cannot even get the year right never mind the days. But still people follow a dead religion. The forum is all yours. Go ahead.

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Didn't they have the legs of those crucified with side of Jesus broken because they didn't want the bodies on the crosses during the Sabbath? incidentally, a high day (when a ceremonial Sabbath and a 7th day Sabbath coincided?)
Correct. The day after Passover would be a High Sabbath, followed by the regular Sabbath. At the same time unless we keep in mind that the Hebrew day began and ended at sunset, we will be not clear about this.

Day #1 -- sunset Nisan 14 to sunset Nisan 15 (Thursday)
Day #2 -- sunset Nisan 15 to sunset Nisan 16 (Friday)
Day #3 -- sunset Nisan 16 to sunset Nisan 17 (Saturday)

Christ may have risen between midnight and 3 a.m. on Sunday (the first day of the week) since the women came to the tomb very early in the morning (probably between 4 and 5 a.m.) and found an empty tomb.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To who, not Us His Spirit is His seal on us,

Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Joh 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

What has the Sabbath to do with us, it was a covenant between the Israelites and God, and it is why so many will never enter into His rest, too busy trying to prove themselves to God. As if we can do anything, without faith we cannot please God, where is your faith.
Amen! The seal of God is NOT the Sabbath. The Bible tells us clearly that the seal of God is the Holy Spirit, Who indwells believers.

2 Corinthians 1:21 - Now He who establishes us with you in Christ and has anointed us is God, 22 who also has sealed us and given us the Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee.

Ephesians 1:13 - In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.

Ephesians 4:30 warns, "And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption."

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Friday Saturday and Sunday is 3 days, right?
GINOLJC, to all
NOPE, the Lord was crucified and died in the Ninth hour of the day, meaning 3 hrs. remain in the day so you have 9 more hours to account for even after sunday, if you count it your way. so just on the day alone you have 9 more hours to squeeze in ... (smile). and we haven't even got to the nights ... Oh one other thing are you using eastern time or pacific time ...:eek: (smile, lol), even still you have 6 more hours to squeeze in, (sorry about that)... :rolleyes:

PICJAG.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
GINOLJC, to all
NOPE, the Lord was crucified and died in the Ninth hour of the day, meaning 3 hrs. remain in the day so you have 9 more hours to account for even after sunday, if you count it your way. so just on the day alone you have 9 more hours to squeeze in ... (smile). and we haven't even got to the nights ... Oh one other thing are you using eastern time or pacific time ...:eek: (smile, lol), even still you have 6 more hours to squeeze in, (sorry about that)... :rolleyes:

PICJAG.
In Jewish communal life part of a day is at times reckoned as one day; e.g., the day of the funeral, even when the latter takes place late in the afternoon, is counted as the first of the seven days of mourning; a short time in the morning is counted as a whole day; e.g. Resurrection day.

DAY - JewishEncyclopedia.com

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Dear Hobie, I write this post for you to make you aware of a fact you seem to be oblivious to, that the Sabbath Sunday issue is an issue no longer between Roman Catholics or antinomians and Adventists, or an issue in which Scripture is at all relevant. The whole debate has been hijacked by the Evangelical Infallibles and -- as you see in this very thread of yours -- is no longer debated by scholars, but is DECIDED by Scripture-manipulating emotional schizophrenics.

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
it is said Jesus was crucified on Friday
<<it is said>>, immer. But never written. Because it's a HOAX!

Al my life, thousands upon thousands of times have I challenged the CHANCERS who claim <<Jesus was crucified on Friday>> for Scripture.

I'M STILL WAITING! Ya hear you deaf, I'M STILL WAITING!

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The day after Passover would be a High Sabbath, followed by the regular Sabbath.
A 'high day' Enoch, as I understand it was when a ceremonial Sabbath and a regular 7th day Sabbath coincided ie, occurred on the same day.
I have looked at the view that says Jesus was crucified on the Wednesday but the information doesn't stack up all round.
Juggling the scriptures to make 'three days and three nights' mean three 24 hour periods isn't justified in my view.