Is Sabbath, Saturday or Sunday.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
if you put a man into a man into a protestant church he isnt going to come out a catholic, if you put him into the JW church HE isnt going to come out a SDA, just liek you have joined yourself to teh Reformed Protestant faith, and are required to obey its laws its rules and its doctrines, is it so hard to understand
all very true... To a point. You put a Christian into a Catholic Church he would likely leave and look elsewhere for another church. What if a seventh day Adventist decides to join into a seventh day Adventist Church? What would happen, you think?

Jennifer Augustine

Mar 27, 2020
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is the Holy Spirit correct when He said three whole nights, or is He wrong when in fact He spent only 2 whole nights in the heart of the earth?
He was in his grave taking on a punishment being punished by God his father for an act he committed but God will heal him upon himself the same way like he took the prodigal son back and put a robe on his back and ring on his finger or like how God punished Jonah inside a fish for 3 days as God let the fish spit him out and let Jonah go after he repented. Because the Lord God is just like that. You can read about what the holy one Jesus did here in this passage... Isaiah 57 and read the rest of the Bible of what God will do to us also if we sin against him and disobey him the same ...

Last edited:

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess it depends on what god you serve! God sanctified One Given Day, and if we keep that Given Day, set apart and Holy, then we are being Obedient to that God, and we also by keeping That Day, we Declare that He is The God of Creation, for in that Day HE Rested!
Very true.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

The conclusion is correct when it says, "We are to worship God every day, not just on Saturday or Sunday."

But may I say we need to be very careful with these sites, this one included, I am very familiar with it. We live under a New Covenant, and the Old Covenant given to Israel is null and void, even for Jews who remain condemned by the law, unless they turn to Jesus, repent of their sins and follow Him.

But when the fullness of time had come, God sent forth his Son, born of woman, born under the law, to redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoption as sons. (Galatians 4:4-5)

Thanks be to God, our sins are blotted out, and we are the children of our heavenly Father, secure in His loving care. The Lord is constantly in my thoughts and in my heart, but we should not neglect the assembling of ourselves together in normal times. Christians gather together on Sunday to worship the Lord in all His resurrected Glory when He conquered death and sin. We break bread together in remembrance of Him as He commanded. May God richly bless you.

Last edited:
Reactions: mailmandan

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Very true.
Please do not follow the god of the Jews, or their customs for this very reason,

Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. (John 8:44)

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
When the Bible says Friday to Sunday that is good enough for me.

please post that scripture that says that ...

When you question the Bible that tells us Jesus was crucified on the Friday and rose on the Sunday, I cannot see any point in responding to you.

Long in my life last, enjoyed I a laugh like when reading these two, each of their own - and same - kind! Goooooodnessssss hihihihi will I ever stop laughing my breath out? hohohohahahahehehehihihi please heeeelllllppp!
To think THIS is the kind of thing I have had to sit up with virtually ALL my life.... God was very merciful that I endured, and, survived it!
It's like my wife tells me just now,
(After fifty years of married life)— Wife: Why do you never tell me that you love me, or that I’m beautiful for you? Husband: I told you that fifty years ago; if anything change, I’ll let you know.

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Thanks be to God, our sins are blotted out, and we are the children of our heavenly Father, secure in His loving care. The Lord is constantly in my thoughts and in my heart, but we should not neglect the assembling of ourselves together, and for the very good reason you know. Christians gather together on Sunday to worship the Lord in all His resurrected Glory when He conquered death and sin. We break bread together in remembrance of Him as He commanded. May God richly bless you.

This is will-worship out and out precisely whereby God knows his own from those not his own. The god of Cooper has already distinguished itself as not the God of Israel whom True Israel has all ages worshipped.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks be to God, our sins are blotted out, and we are the children of our heavenly Father, secure in His loving care. The Lord is constantly in my thoughts and in my heart, but we should not neglect the assembling of ourselves together, and for the very good reason you know. Christians gather together on Sunday to worship the Lord in all His resurrected Glory when He conquered death and sin. We break bread together in remembrance of Him as He commanded. May God richly bless you.
We meet together every day on this and other similar sites. And during these times of lockdown it is important that we build each other up, encourage and support each other in loving fellowship rather than argue and disrupt. Let there be more edifying posts please.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just read about what happened during Passover week for First Century Jews. That would not contradict the Scripture narrative of events seeing that the Scripture is just reflecting what was happening during that Passover week when Jesus was arrested and crucified.

As I said before, after Pentecost, compulsory observance of the Jewish Saturday Sabbath was abolished. You can read the Scripture for yourself to see that it was so.
GINOLJC, TO ALL,
first thanks for the reply, second, I have read the scriptures, but apparently you haven't. but to help you out there was two sabbaths in the week that our Lord was crucified, but was not back to back the same and next day. how do we know this, for the bible tells us so. listen and learn, Matthew 28:1 "In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre". one more to have the second witness, Mark 16:1 "And when the sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, had bought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint him".

Now here's the revelation Paul, the Hebrew word for the term "sabbath" here is in the plural, it's
G4521 σάββατον sabbaton (saɓ'-ɓa-ton) n.
1. the Sabbath (i.e. Shabbath).
2. a day of weekly repose from secular avocations.
3. the observance or institution itself.
4. (by extension) a week, i.e. the interval between two Sabbaths.
5. likewise the plural in all the above applications.
[of Hebrew origin (H7676)]
KJV: sabbath (day), week

my source here is the Mickelson's Enhanced Strong's Dictionaries of the Greek and Hebrew Testaments. also you can find the same meaning in the Vocabulary of the Greek Testament dictionary, Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words, just to name a few who have it correctly defined.
the same word is used in Matthew 28:1, Mark 16:1, and Luke 23:56.

now Paul you will have to do some reconciling, especially those who celebrate that our Lord was crucified on what they call Good friday. and those who believe that he was crucified on a thursday too... :eek: say what! yes for those to believe that he was crucified on a thursday too.

so we suggest you check out the definition and the scriptures again.

PICJAG.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All you are doing is shoe-horning your own preconceived dogmatic view into the Scripture which does not say what you are wanting it to say.

"But now that you know God, or rather are known by God, how is it that you are turning back to those weak and worthless principles? Do you wish to be enslaved by them all over again? You are observing special days and months and seasons and years! fear for you, that my efforts for you may have been in vain" (Galatians 4:9-11).
you see paul, Galatians 4:9-11 haven't been fulfilled yet. because Christ/God in his diversified form haven't yet died, and rose from the dead, so hold onto your Galatians 4:9-11, and any paints on fire for the new testament covenant, because when he as High Priest appear before the the Spirit, God the Great God the Holy Spirit himself, then and when he did appear in heaven then is total satisfaction of the Law is made. so yes now after his fulfillment of the Law is now, now, now, and then now is Galatians 4:9-11 in effect... :eek:

why? Galatians 3:17 "And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.
Galatians 3:18 "For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.
Galatians 3:19 "Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator".

listen, 19 "Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made" Now that he is here, all those shadows .... removed, because "LIGHT" is come. what was ADDED, no need for any more, (if you're in Christ Jesus).. :rolleyes: man oh man thank God for the New covenant, and his dying and rising the 3 day.

PICJAG.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You seemed offended about something?
Not at all. I don't know how you got that from my post. It was clearly saying we should be building each other up on here as we can't meet together in our churches. Please rewind and read it again taking note of the bold text in what I replied to. It doesn't seem to take much to offend some people and I seem to have offended you so I'm sorry.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cooper

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hope you don't mind if I jump in here to answer your request.

John 19:31
The Jews therefore, because it was the preparation, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath day, (for that sabbath day was an high day,) besought Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away.

The Gospel of John says of the day beginning following Christ's death, "that sabbath day was a high day" (19:31–42). That night was Nisan 15, just after the first day of Passover week (Unleavened Bread) and an annual miqra and rest day, in most chronologies.
Thanks for the reply,
First see post #153, second did our Lord eat or observed passover before his crucifixion yes or no?.... (smile). and if so what day of Abib was it on the 14th. or the 15th. when one assertain that then they will know what day he was crucified on.

PICJAG.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
all very true... To a point. You put a Christian into a Catholic Church he would likely leave and look elsewhere for another church. What if a seventh day Adventist decides to join into a seventh day Adventist Church? What would happen, you think?
He becomes a seventh day adventist, biubd by its rules its ideoligies teachings and doctrines. If you cannot understand these earthhly things how can you ever u derstand the things from heaven. u put a white garment into any tin if ink of any colour it will become stained, are u so blinded.