Is the holy spirit a living being Equal to God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lets look at the facts:
1) The Father has a name-YHWH(Jehovah) - The son has a name-Jesus--Holy spirit-0
2) The Father sits on a throne-- The son sits on a throne-- Holy spirit-0
3) The Father shares things with the son-Holy spirit-0
4) The Father teaches the son- Holy spirit-0
5)Many important passages mention God and the son-Holy spirit-maybe 2-- The important one = John 17:3--One must know the Father-THE ONLY TRUE GOD and the one he sent forth-Jesus to get eternal life- Holy spirit-0

The answer i believe is no the Holy spirit is not a being, but Gods active force according to all that bible evidence.
The New Catholic encyclopedia 1967-Vol XIII page 575-- The majority of New testament texts reveals Gods spirit as something, not someone.

Some religions teach it is a living being, what do you think seeing all the real evidence?

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Holy Spirit is Yahweh's Power....well done!
Luke 1:35 what over shadowed Mary? Power of the Most High is the Holy Spirit!
F2F

Reactions: ScottA and Keiw

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's see, blasphemy against the Father or Son can be forgiven. Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit? Nope!

Have you read the Bible JW?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The majority of New testament texts reveals Gods spirit as something, not someone.
This is completely FALSE. Is this more JW nonsense, or is there another cult similar to it?

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lets look at the facts:
1) The Father has a name-YHWH(Jehovah) - The son has a name-Jesus--Holy spirit-0
2) The Father sits on a throne-- The son sits on a throne-- Holy spirit-0
3) The Father shares things with the son-Holy spirit-0
4) The Father teaches the son- Holy spirit-0
5)Many important passages mention God and the son-Holy spirit-maybe 2-- The important one = John 17:3--One must know the Father-THE ONLY TRUE GOD and the one he sent forth-Jesus to get eternal life- Holy spirit-0

The answer i believe is no the Holy spirit is not a being, but Gods active force according to all that bible evidence.
The New Catholic encyclopedia 1967-Vol XIII page 575-- The majority of New testament texts reveals Gods spirit as something, not someone.

Some religions teach it is a living being, what do you think seeing all the real evidence?
It's like a 3 leaf clover with man being the fourth leaf. Certainly not an octopus with 9 brains 3 hearts though the hearts maybe brains too billions...

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's see, blasphemy against the Father or Son can be forgiven. Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit? Nope!

Have you read the Bible JW?

Many times, i shared in the OP facts of the bible in every translation on earth.

Reactions: Aunty Jane

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is completely FALSE. Is this more JW nonsense, or is there another cult similar to it?

I shared that is from the Catholic encyclopedia. It is truth, my OP is truth.
Its a sad thing, many spout off cult at my religion because they lack Gods view of a cult= A house divided( trinity religionssssssssss) will not stand.

Reactions: Wrangler

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It's there you need to be a diligent searcher of truth to find it. Deuteronomy 29:29

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every English Bible says you made the wrong choice.

Every english bible that is 100% proven to be altered by the removal of Gods name by satans will to mislead. And errors translated by Catholicism to fit false council teachings that contradict Jesus teachings to the core. Oh yes, i made the right choice.

Reactions: Aunty Jane

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Every english bible that is 100% proven to be altered by the removal of Gods name by satans will to mislead. And errors translated by Catholicism to fit false council teachings that contradict Jesus teachings to the core. Oh yes, i made the right choice.
As a side point...not an imaginary super natural being just plain man did these things. Aunty Jane tried ever so hard to prove her fiery being existed but failed in every attempt...in the end she retreated into the abyss. That was a sad day when she claimed her community held no such understanding and even though she could see "a truth" she fell on her 8.5 million believers. A warning Keiw - don't ever think your community has a hold on truth! They dont. The JW's walked away from natural Jewry into error and they will be shown their forefather Charles was 100% right on that subject.
F2F

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So all our Bibles are wrong and you are right? Hmm

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As a side point...not an imaginary super natural being just plain man did these things. Aunty Jane tried ever so hard to prove her fiery being existed but failed in every attempt...in the end she retreated into the abyss. That was a sad day when she claimed her community held no such understanding and even though she could see "a truth" she fell on her 8.5 million believers. A warning Keiw - don't ever think your community has a hold on truth! They dont. The JW's walked away from natural Jewry into error and they will be shown their forefather Charles was 100% right on that subject.
F2F

i know 100% the JW,s have Jesus leading over them.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So all our Bibles are wrong and you are right? Hmm

You have Catholicism translating. Every translation on earth proves her to be false religion. Thus if false religion is responsible for your translation, youcan bet your bottom dollar satan was behind the alterations.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You have Catholicism translating. Every translation on earth proves her to be false religion. Thus if false religion is responsible for your translation, youcan bet your bottom dollar satan was behind the alterations.
I agree with this.
Satan is merely another term for an adversary - there are many...some good and some bad - mostly all people and sometimes maybe an angel but nowhere in the Bible is fallen angel theology taught.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The answer i believe is no the Holy spirit is not a being,

You are watching too much sci-fi.

God is not a force field..

The NT tells you that ""God is A Spirit."" and the born again worship God "in Spirit" and "in Truth".

1.) God, is "A" Spirit,
and
2.) Jesus is THE TRUTH. John 14:6

THE HOLY SPIRIT, is God. = "A" Spirit.
"The Spirit is LIFE", and Jesus came to give us "Abundant life" and "Eternal life"., as Jesus is : "the way, the truth and THE LIFE."
So, when we get this LIFE of God, as our Redemption, this manifests as a BIRTH of our Spirit as born again = "IN Christ"... "Who is that Spirit".

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Is the holy spirit a living being Equal to God?
God is Spirit so how can he not be?

Status
Not open for further replies.