Is the last antichrist beast a dead man made alive again?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Based on what?

Because we are talking about a translation from Hebrew and Hebrew had no "capitals" at the time of the OT. Capital letters VS smaller letters was invented much later. So, there is no difference between "lucifer" and "Lucifer" in the bible.

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because we are talking about a translation from Hebrew and Hebrew had no "capitals" at the time of the OT. Capital letters VS smaller letters was invented much later. So, there is no difference between "lucifer" and "Lucifer" in the bible.
Sounds like a good reason to nullify that point.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've given the NT doctrine teaching it. Since you want to continue in your own interpretation of prophecy, then we can go on and provide different interpretations accordingly.
You have given a bunch of garbage ideas, that's what you have given. I have stayed with the Bible Scripture, you have not. You are TWISTING the Bible Scriptures.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True. He's another antichrist following the first. A protégé that takes it to the next level of being thoroughly given to Satan with no more pretence of ministing for Jesus Christ.
Nope! The "another beast" starting at Rev.13:11 is the ONLY 'Antichrist' being mentioned in that chapter. The 1st beast of Rev.13:1-2 that comes up out of the 'sea' is NOT the Antichrist, but instead his KINGDOM of ten horns (ten kings), seven heads (seven mountains), and ten crowns (ten king that rule one hour with the Antichrist king).

In time the mask always comes off, and that man of sin shows himself for what he really is: Another wanna be christ and head of the churches.
Nope again! Because the idea of John's "many antichrists" is about those who ONLY claim... to be Christ, and HAVE NO POWER TO DO GREAT SIGNS, WONDERS, AND MIRACLES. The singular Antichrist, the "another beast" of Rev.13:11 forward, WILL WORK THOSE SIGNS, WONDERS, AND MIRACLES TO DECEIVE THE WHOLE WORLD.

So it is now obvious YOU don't understand the difference between Moon who claimed to be Christ, and the coming "man of sin" (Antichrist) at the end that will work miracles to trick the whole world into believing he is GOD. But the JOKE is on YOU, because you don't know these things because of the fakes you listen to!

So, you cave, and move on to spitballs. It's rare to find a mature person to honestly dispute with.
Stupid. When you can't come back with an intelligent response, you resort to ideas of school children's spitballs?

Their normal manner is: declare their teachings. Ignore challenges. Declare their same teachings again. Ignore challenges again and begin throwing spitballs.

One sure sign of false teachers: they hate criticism. Paul didn't mind the Bereans checking the Scriptures, to see if the gospel he preached was of God.
Yeah, and YOU sure HATE CRITICISM. If you would actually follow those BEREANS, you MIGHT begin to understand Paul's Epistles about the coming Antichrist, and that would be a good start for you, so you could BEGIN to understand Lord Jesus' Book of Revelation!

And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

First a man a kingdom, and now a city a man.
That reveals how LUDICROUS your ideas are. A city is NOT a man, nor a kingdom.

Do you even realize that a KINGDOM involves a KING??? The very word 'king-dom' comes from the idea of a 'king' and his 'domin-ion'.

If we don't let Scripture interpret prophecy of Scripture, then we make ourselves false prophets of our own minds.

And Moses said, Hereby ye shall know that the LORD hath sent me to do all these works; for I have not done them of mine own mind.
I'm WONDERING just when you are going to start ALLOWING God's Word to interpret God's Word. All I have seen so far is YOUR FALLACY OF IDEAS 'ADDED' TO SCRIPTURE.

Which is that great city Babylon the great Whore and Mother of harlot ministries of heresy:

For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.

That's why she's spiritually Sodom and Egypt, while being known as the capitol city of heresies.
I just hope you are not in a position to preach at a Christian Church, for those folks are in real trouble if they listen to your falseness.

Jesus rightly called those of John 8 what He did among the group you belong to that twists His Word.

As long as what's being said, is only about what's been written.
Don't even think about trying to sound philosophical. You don't have the ability.

The problem is Satan has not yet been cast into the pit of hell, until after Christ's Millennium reign.
It's not a problem, because God is in control. God even calls the locust army at the end His great army that He sends. Bet you can't figure that one out, can you? If you actually understood His Word, then you would understand why God is allowing Satan and his workers to work the negative side of His Plan, especially for the end of this world.

As I said, sticking to what is written is the only sure way not to teach false prophecy.
And like I said before, I'm still wondering WHEN you are going to START... sticking to what is written in God's Word.

Lucifer was the first perfectly created being to rebel against God in his heart, and so was no more God's perfectly made creature, and yet is going about seducing angels and men to believe he is a perfect being himself.
In who's heart? What kind of silly thought is that? Satan TRIED TO EXALT HIMSELF AS THE GOD, that is HOW he rebelled in the old world. And Rev.12:3-4 shows he drew a third of the angels ("stars") in rebellion with him back in that time! AND... that first rebellion INVOLVED A KINGDOM THAT HAD "TEN HORNS, SEVEN HEADS, AND SEVEN CROWNS", which is NOT the same kingdom as Rev.13:1.

Ten horns = ten kings
Seven heads = seven mountains
Seven crowns = seven kingly realms

And YOU say that is about the Antichrist individual "man of sin"?? Ha! ha! ha! You so funny!

THE REST OF YOUR POST IS JUST A BOGUS RESPONSE THAT A LITTLE BOY WOULD MAKE WHO HAD HIS FEELINGS HURT, SHOWING A TOTAL LACK MATURITY!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have given a bunch of garbage ideas, that's what you have given. I have stayed with the Bible Scripture, you have not. You are TWISTING the Bible Scriptures.
You are ignoring NT teaching, to prophecy something else in Revelation. You can't say you haven't been corrected about it either.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope again! Because the idea of John's "many antichrists" is about those who ONLY claim... to be Christ, and HAVE NO POWER TO DO GREAT SIGNS, WONDERS, AND MIRACLES.
True, false apostles and christs. Your saying none of them also had Satan's lying signs is wonders is of course false.

For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Once again your prophecies are false, because you do not allow Scripture to interpret prophecy of Scripture.

Jesus says plainly there will be many false christs, that will show such signs and wonders to deceive the elect.

The last one before the Christ's return, will simply be world-wide.

This is about the 5th or 6th time Scripture has tried to correct you. But false prophecies are not made from Scripture in the first place.

The singular Antichrist, the "another beast" of Rev.13:11 forward, WILL WORK THOSE SIGNS, WONDERS, AND MIRACLES TO DECEIVE THE WHOLE WORLD.
This simply means the last great false apostle will have world-wide affect.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That reveals how LUDICROUS your ideas are. A city is NOT a man, nor a kingdom.
You're the one calling the whore a ruler, when Scripture calls her a city. And you call the first beast a kingdom, when Scripture calls him a man, with the number of a man.

Do you even realize that a KINGDOM involves a KING??? The very word 'king-dom' comes from the idea of a 'king' and his 'domin-ion'.

And a kingdom has many people in it. A man is cast alive into the LOF, not a whole kingdom of people at once.
Don't even think about trying to sound philosophical. You don't have the ability.
What? I can't even be philosophic? Man, that smarts.

then you would understand why God is allowing Satan and his workers to work the negative side of His Plan, especially for the end of this world.
The debate is not about why the lion still roams on earth, but the fact that He is not cast into the LOF, until a thousand years after the first beast and false apostle are.

And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Once again. Let Scripture interpret prophecy of Scripture.
In who's heart? What kind of silly thought is that?
How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God:

Not only do you not allow Scripture to interpret prophecy of Scripture, but you also call it silly, as well as Scripture being a silly thought.

I know debating with people that disagree with you, is not your strong suit. But you might at least check something out from Scripture, before going off at the mouth about something you don't like. Which of course is anything you have not already decided is true for yourself.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're the one calling the whore a ruler, when Scripture calls her a city. And you call the first beast a kingdom, when Scripture calls him a man, with the number of a man

Let's be honest here. Scripture says the beast's name is the number of a man. It doesn't specify which beast is being spoken of.

In Daniel 7, a ten horned beast is an empire/kingdom and the little horn is a man.
In Rev 13, a ten horned beast isn't suddenly a man and not an empire/kingdom with the FP as a man.

To be consistent, the ten horned beast is never a man. Only the FP/little horn are singular men and they are the antichrist.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True, false apostles and christs. Your saying none of them also had Satan's lying signs is wonders is of course false.

For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Once again your prophecies are false, because you do not allow Scripture to interpret prophecy of Scripture.

Jesus says plainly there will be many false christs, that will show such signs and wonders to deceive the elect.
You STILL... show you don't understand the "antichrist" prophecy by Apostle John in 1 John 2:18, NOR how it relates directly to Christ's warnings in His Olivet discourse, and by Paul in 2 Thess.2.

1 John 2:18 = TWO "antichrist" concepts. The first phrase is about a SINGULAR "antichrist" John said the brethren had already heard shall come. But the PLURAL "many antichrists" John said were already at work, and you confuse the two types of antichrist.

1. The "many antichrists": NO MIRACLES
Matthew 24:5 -- For many shall come in My name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. This is about the "many antichrists" that come only claiming... to be Christ.

2 Thessalonians 2:7 -- For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way. This is about the "many antichrists", the servants of the devil already at work, which also involves those who claim to be Christ.

2. The Antichrist per Jesus: ("antichrist" singular in first phrase of 1 John 2:18): DOING MIRACLES
Matthew 24:23-26 --
Matt 24:23-26
23 Then if any man shall say unto you, "Lo, here is Christ, or there"; believe it not.
24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets,
and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
25 Behold, I have told you before.
26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, "Behold, He is in the desert"; go not forth: "behold, He is in the secret chambers"; believe it not.
KJV

The Antichrist per Paul: DOING MIRACLES
2 Thessalonians 2:3-4 --
2 Thess 2:3-4
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
2 Thess 2:9
9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan
with all power and signs and lying wonders,
KJV

So NO, the "many antichrists" is about fakes that have NO POWER to work miracles, like raining fire down from heaven in the sight of men that the coming Antichrist will do (per Rev.13:11 forward).

But The Antichrist for the end of this world WILL... have the power to work those great signs and miracles in the sight of men. It will be because The Antichrist will be the devil right here on earth in plain sight working those miracles like Lord Jesus did, and thusly the majority of the world will believe the devil is God. That is why Paul said that Satan disguises himself as an angel of light per 2 Corinthians 11.

You have clearly... NOT understood this. Jim Jones claimed to be the reincarnation of Jesus. Could Jones work miracles? No. David Icke, an English footballer, claimed to be the "son of God" on a TV show. David Shayler claimed to be the Messiah. There have been many throughout history, and NONE of them had the power to work miracles. Nor can you document that any of them did have the power of miracles.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're the one calling the whore a ruler, when Scripture calls her a city. And you call the first beast a kingdom, when Scripture calls him a man, with the number of a man.
The "great whore" of Rev.17:1 is... the "great city" of verse 17 at the end of the chapter! The title of "great whore" and Babylon Harlot is a SYMBOL silly!

Rev 17:1
17 And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that
sitteth upon many waters:
KJV

What's that idea there of that "great whore" that "sitteth" upon those "many waters"???

And in Revelation 18:7 she says she is a QUEEN!!!

WHAT DOES A QUEEN DO??

Duh! a queen sits upon a throne, and joint-RULES over a KINGDOM.

Where did you go to school? This is basic education stuff recognizing those as symbols!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 2:18 = TWO "antichrist" concepts. The first phrase is about a SINGULAR "antichrist" John said the brethren had already heard shall come. But the PLURAL "many antichrists" John said were already at work, and you confuse the two types of antichrist.

He also said they were proof of his day being the last time.

Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

So far as John was concerned, those antichrists were the last to come.

How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.

So did Jude, so that the mockers of His day were the last to mock.

1. The "many antichrists": NO MIRACLES
So, you at least amend you first teaching.

All antichrists come to do the same thing, and there will be one last great one with his own false prophet.

Matthew 24:5 -- For many shall come in My name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. This is about the "many antichrists" that come only claiming... to be Christ.
and shall shew great signs and wonders;

Reverted back to false teaching. You're amendment didn't last very long.

2 Thessalonians 2:7 -- For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way. This is about the "many antichrists", the servants of the devil already at work, which also involves those who claim to be Christ.
True.
So NO, the "many antichrists" is about fakes that have NO POWER to work miracles, like raining fire down from heaven in the sight of men that the coming Antichrist will do (per Rev.13:11 forward).
True. The last great one will have all of Satan's last ditch effort to deceive, before the Lord comes again.

The Antichrist will be the devil right here on earth in plain sight
Nope. Already disproved this as impossible. No angel can mate with a woman and produce his own offspring anymore, and no angel can make himself a man like Adam from the dust.

working those miracles like Lord Jesus did, and thusly the majority of the world will believe the devil is God. That is why Paul said that Satan disguises himself as an angel of light per 2 Corinthians 11.
True. An angel of light, not a man of flesh and blood. He comes as an angel of light with another cursed gospel, to give to men with opportunity to transform themselves into false apostles of Christ.

But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.

And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

They all go together hand in hand. Satan will no doubt enter into the last great antichrist, like Judas, but he will not kill himself, but minister for Satan, until cast into the LOF with his false prophet by Jesus.

You have clearly... NOT understood this. Jim Jones claimed to be the reincarnation of Jesus. Could Jones work miracles? No. David Icke, an English footballer, claimed to be the "son of God" on a TV show. David Shayler claimed to be the Messiah. There have been many throughout history, and NONE of them had the power to work miracles. Nor can you document that any of them did have the power of miracles.
Neither were they smart antichrists. Too upfront lunatic.

A professional antichrist just let's others talk of him as being Christ Himself. They're destructive work is for life.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The "great whore" of Rev.17:1 is... the "great city" of verse 17 at the end of the chapter! The title of "great whore" and Babylon Harlot is a SYMBOL silly!

Fine. So, she's not a ruler. Nor is the beast a kingdom.
Rev 17:1
17 And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that
sitteth upon many waters:
KJV

What's that idea there of that "great whore" that "sitteth" upon those "many waters"???

And in Revelation 18:7 she says she is a QUEEN!!!

WHAT DOES A QUEEN DO??

Duh! a queen sits upon a throne, and joint-RULES over a KINGDOM.
A queen city. Not a ruler.

How doth the city sit solitary, that was full of people! how is she become as a widow! she that was great among the nations, and princess among the provinces, how is she become tributary!

A princess city made a widow, not a ruler.

No Pre-TB

Jan 15, 2022
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lol, that is meaningless.
Ok, let's look at the context again.

4That thou shalt take up this proverb against the king of Babylon, and say, How hath the oppressor ceased! the golden city ceased!

-Was Satan ever called King of Babylon?
-What is the golden city that Satan rules over since you believe this is about him?
-How did Satan ever cease from oppressing?

6He who smote the people in wrath with a continual stroke, he that ruled the nations in anger, is persecuted,

-How is Satan persecuted if this is Satan?

8Yea, the fir trees rejoice at thee, and the cedars of Lebanon, saying, Since thou art laid down, no feller is come up against us.

-Satan is laid down and doesnt come aganist them anymore? How is that so? What happened to him if this is Satan?

Yet in all of this, God pronounces judgment against the King of Babylon and his kingdom.

"A comparison of the once magnificent monarch with that beautiful star. He is now exhibited as having fallen from his place in the east to the earth. His glory is dimmed; his brightness quenched. Nothing can be more poetic and beautiful than a comparison of a magnificent monarch with the bright morning star! Nothing more striking in representing his death, than the idea of that star falling to the earth!"

What will it look like if you are given the lucifer?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fine. So, she's not a ruler. Nor is the beast a kingdom.

A queen city. Not a ruler.

How doth the city sit solitary, that was full of people! how is she become as a widow! she that was great among the nations, and princess among the provinces, how is she become tributary!

A princess city made a widow, not a ruler.
All I can say, is that if you're having so much trouble understanding words of the Engllish language, you might want to study up on it a bit. Until then, welcome to my Ignore list.

Reactions: mailmandan

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I stated earlier, though you only disagreed with my first point and numerous theologians agree it is not a proper name who you would also have to counter. This is why I believe; which you don't have to. Opposing 1 thing is not enough when scripture sheds light on multiple people trying to ascend heaven, sit on God's throne, exalt themselves to the clouds etc. You're taking it extremely literally which Jesus counseled against because the Pharisees also did such things. Even the Jews today don't teach heylel as a proper name for the devil nor have they ever. Nor has any disciple of Jesus down to Paul.

Why I believe lucifer is Not Satan.

1. lucifer is not a personal name. It is a description. Example: Using lucifer in its proper English reading would look like:
"Day star, son of the morning"aka Morning star. Neither of which is a personal name.
2. The word heylel describes bringing in light. The same we are to let our lights shine.
3. Christ is the bright morning star. Revelation 22:16
4. We are promised to have the Morning star ourselves. Revelation 2:28
5. The context of Isaiah 14:3-22 is, " take up this proverb against the king of Babylon"
6. Satan is not described anywhere in Isaiah CH's 12, 13, 14, 15, 16...in context, by name or otherwise.
7. If you do not understand poetic language, who are: the fir trees rejoice at thee, and the cedars of Lebanon. The story is poetic
8. When is Satan ever described to be persecuted in verse 6? Only men are persecuted.
9. He is called a man in verse 16, "Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms"
10. He said, For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven. So did Capernaum in Matthew 11:23, So does the man of sin in 2 Thessalonians 2:4, and in Job 20:6, or Ezekiel 28:2 against the prince of Tyre.

"Lucifer” etymologically gives the same meaning, and is used by Latin poets (Tibull. i., 10, 62) for Venus, as an equivalent for the phôsphoros of the Greeks. Few English readers realise the fact that it is the king of Babylon, and not the devil, who is addressed as Lucifer. While this has been the history of the Latin word, its Greek and English equivalents have risen to a higher place, and the “morning star” has become a name of the Christ (Revelation 22:16)."

"The word in Hebrew occurs as a noun nowhere else. In two other places Ezekiel 21:12; Zechariah 11:2, it is used as a verb in the imperative mood of Hiphil, and is translated 'howl' from the verb ילל yālal, "to howl" or "cry." Gesenius and Rosenmuller suppose that it should be so rendered here. So Noyes renders it, 'Howl, son of the morning!' But the common translation seems to be preferable. The Septuagint renders it, Ἑωσφόρος Heōsphoros, and the Vulgate, 'Lucifer, the morning star.' The Chaldee, 'How art thou fallen from high, who wert splendid among the sons of men.' There can be no doubt that the object in the eve of the prophet was the bright morning star; and his design was to compare this magnificent oriental monarch with that. The comparison of a monarch with the sun, or the other heavenly bodies, is common in the Scriptures."

"It is singular, however, that among the Semitic nations the morning star is not personified as a male (Heōsphoros or Phōsphoros), but as a female (Astarte, see at Isaiah 17:8), and that it is called Nâghâh, Ashtoreth, Zuhara, but never by a name derived from hâlal; whilst the moon is regarded as a male deity (Sin), and in Arabic hilâl signifies the new moon, which might be called ben- shacar (son of the dawn), from the fact that, from the time when it passes out of the invisibility of its first phase, it is seen at sunrise, and is as it were born out of the dawn.)"

EDIT: Also,
In the Latin vulgate, it is not capitalized.

"quomodo cecidisti de caelo lucifer qui mane oriebaris corruisti in terram qui vulnerabas gentes"
THAT IS SOME REALLY WILD.... HORSE PUCKY!

Satan, Lucifer, the devil, that old serpent, the dragon, little horn, vile person, etc., ALL point directly to Satan.

The KJV translators added the word "Lucifer" in Isaiah 14:12 so the reader would not be confused that God was mocking Satan there, because the Hebrew points to the word for 'morning star' instead, which creates confusion because there's only One True Morning Star, Jesus Christ.

Isa 14:12
12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer
(heylel - the morning star), son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
KJV

This is also why the KJV translators put "O Day Starre" as an alternate reading in the margin of their 1st edition 1611 KJV.

So make NO MISTAKE brethren in Christ Jesus, our Heavenly Father is speaking TO and about Satan there in Isaiah 14. And in the Isaiah 14:12-21 verse section, that is God speaking to and about Satan directly!

But those to whom God has BLINDED AWAY FROM these type metaphors He put in His Word, like many of the Jews that He put a lethargy upon per Romans 11, they cannot understand these type of metaphors in His Word. Even Ezekiel 28 where God uses the prince and king of Tyrus (rock) as symbolic for Satan himself, they cannot understand that. It is HIDDEN to them.

Last edited by a moderator:

No Pre-TB

Jan 15, 2022
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan, Lucifer, the devil, that old serpent, the dragon, little horn, vile person, etc., ALL point directly to Satan.
I disagree, you will continue to believe what you want. There is only 1 person named in that context and it was the King of Babylon. Here are excerpts from others:

Few English readers realise the fact that it is the king of Babylon, and not the devil, who is addressed as Lucifer.

Lucifer is properly a bright star, that ushers in the morning; but is here metaphorically taken for the mighty king of Babylon, who outshone all the kings of the earth by his great splendour.

It is that of the bright morning star; and a comparison of the once magnificent monarch with that beautiful star. He is now exhibited as having fallen from his place in the east to the earth. His glory is dimmed; his brightness quenched.

Which properly is a bright and eminent star, which ushers in the sun and the morning; but is here metaphorically taken for the high and mighty king of Babylon. And it is a very usual thing, both in prophetical and in profane writers, to describe the princes and potentates of the world under the title of the sun or stars of heaven.

This is not to be understood of the fall of Satan,.....
but the words are a continuation of the speech of the dead to the king of Babylon, wondering at it, as a thing almost incredible, that he who seemed to be so established on the throne of his kingdom, which was his heaven, that he should be deposed or fall from it.

The third strophe contains the prophet’s reflection on the sudden fall of the king of Babylon. That he should go to Sheol at all was a fate never contemplated by his soaring and self-deifying pride.

The appellation is a perfectly appropriate one for the king of Babel, on account of the early date of the Babylonian culture, which reached back as far as the grey twilight of primeval times, and also because of its predominant astrological character.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
THAT IS SOME REALLY WILD.... HORSE PUCKY!

The KJV translators added the word "Lucifer" in Isaiah 14:12 so the reader would not be confused that God was mocking Satan there, because the Hebrew points to the word for 'morning star' instead, which creates confusion because there's only One True Morning Star, Jesus Christ.

Isa 14:12
12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer
(heylel - the morning star), son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
KJV

This is also why the KJV translators put "O Day Starre" as an alternate reading in the margin of their 1st edition 1611 KJV.

So make NO MISTAKE brethren in Christ Jesus, our Heavenly Father is speaking TO and about Satan there in Isaiah 14. And in the Isaiah 14:12-21 verse section, that is God speaking to and about Satan directly!

But those to whom God has BLINDED AWAY FROM these type metaphors He put in His Word, like many of the Jews that He put a lethargy upon per Romans 11, they cannot understand these type of metaphors in His Word. Even Ezekiel 28 where God uses the prince and king of Tyrus (rock) as symbolic for Satan himself, they cannot understand that. It is HIDDEN to them.
Your post has been edited...took out the B.S. It's the same as swearing and someone reported it so, instead of deleting the whole post, it is just edited. Cursing is a violation.

Reactions: robert derrick