Is the mark of the beast going to be about the papacy changing the day of the Sabbath?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isn’t it silly that some people actually believe our salvation hangs in the balance over which specific day we worship on?
Yes, but I do understand why they think that. I don't agree with it, but I see why they have come to that conclusion. It's a matter of obedience to them, just as do not steal and other commands are to us. I guess that's why we need to just let them follow their conscience about the matter.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I consider myself blessed to have been set free from the trappings of outward religious activities. God showed me what really pleases him......

Romans 14:17-18
17For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking (religious ceremony), but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit, 18because anyone who serves Christ in this way is pleasing to God and receives human approval.
But I respect anybody who has yet to receive this revelation.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's spelled out in the Book of Revelation. The papacy is the first beast, the USA is the second. The USA is going to use the image of the papacy to combine Church and State. Enforcing Sunday law is the trick they will use to cause the mark.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's spelled out in the Book of Revelation. The papacy is the first beast, the USA is the second. The USA is going to use the image of the papacy to combine Church and State. Enforcing Sunday law is the trick they will use to cause the mark.
No, I think Revelation is showing us an end time political/economic entity, not a religious one. Atheistic Marxism is all about no religion. They do not entertain any religions whatsoever. They suppress and destroy them......especially Christianity. Religious conviction has no place in Marxist ideology.

The simple 'trick' they will use to mark you is what they are using in China right now—simple economics. You can participate in their economic system to eat and survive and live comfortably if you abandon all social, religious, and political traditions and beliefs. Their surveillance of you through public cameras and your personal cell phone (eventually hardwired into your body?) is how they know if you are submitting to the ideology of the 'beast' or not. When you don't, you lose social credit points that enable you to enjoy economic privileges. This is how it is in China as we speak. This is how it will be in all the once free, capitalistic countries of the world in the future. It's happening now right under our noses.

Last edited:

Gregory

Jan 8, 2021
utah
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The mark of the beast will be the "sensor" implanted into your skin that will feed the new cryptocurrency system.

It is already here

RFID-implant2.png

1000s have already accepted the chip implants.

Bill Gates has submitted his patent number WO2020060606 - CRYPTOCURRENCY SYSTEM USING BODY ACTIVITY DATA

WO2020060606 CRYPTOCURRENCY SYSTEM USING BODY ACTIVITY DATA

The "sensor" (chip, mark of the beast) will send information to the computer servers. It will become the only way to pay for things. Cash will be abolished. As it states in Revelations. Just as cheque books became a thing of the past and were replaced with bank cards, contactless payments and online banking, so too cash will disappear and only those with the chip/mark will be able to trade.
As interesting as this is, the actual number of the patent is W02020060606. It is not 666 as the bible tells us it will be. Is it coincidental that it ends with 060606? Yes that is quite entriguing, but the whole number is not 666, it is W02020060606, which I do not see as the sign of the beast.
It is also interesting that it is put in the right hand too. So some interesting characteristics of the mark of the beast, but not identical with the bible number.

In Revelations 13, 14, 15, 16, and 19 everytime it mentions those with the mark, it also mentions that they are worshipping the image of the beast. Is it possible that one can get the mark, but realize later that he had to also worship the beast, but refused and was killed and was still saved?
I believe it will be difficult to recongnize the mark of the beast, but it will not be difficult to know that you are also worshipping the image of the beast. So could there be some that will innocently take the mark, but then realized finally what they have done and decide then and there not to worship the image of the beast, and choose death over worshipping the image of the beast? And also take the mark from their hand and then suffer death? It is an interesting problem for us in these days.

What do you think?

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

Whetstone

Feb 10, 2021
Out There Somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
As interesting as this is, the actual number of the patent is W02020060606. It is not 666 as the bible tells us it will be. Is it coincidental that it ends with 060606? Yes that is quite entriguing, but the whole number is not 666, it is W02020060606, which I do not see as the sign of the beast.
It is also interesting that it is put in the right hand too. So some interesting characteristics of the mark of the beast, but not identical with the bible number.

In Revelations 13, 14, 15, 16, and 19 everytime it mentions those with the mark, it also mentions that they are worshipping the image of the beast. Is it possible that one can get the mark, but realize later that he had to also worship the beast, but refused and was killed and was still saved?
I believe it will be difficult to recongnize the mark of the beast, but it will not be difficult to know that you are also worshipping the image of the beast. So could there be some that will innocently take the mark, but then realized finally what they have done and decide then and there not to worship the image of the beast, and choose death over worshipping the image of the beast? And also take the mark from their hand and then suffer death? It is an interesting problem for us in these days.

What do you think?

In truth I don't take Revelation literally any more as my eyes have since been opened to the allegorical language and terms used in much of the Bible. Terms like "dragon" and "lion" are well known and understood in certain fields. Revelation warns us about some future happenings as poster Ferris Bueller highlights above but it also contains much allegorical meaning imho which gels with similar allegorical meaning elsewhere in the Bible.

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The question is then, if you do not worship on either, what day do you worship?

If you do not worship, that could be a problem.
My worship is my moment to moment obedience and service to him by His Spirit. That is the worship God desires and which pleases him. That's the Fellowship sacrifice, and Peace offering, and the Burnt offering on the altar of the heart, set aflame with the fire of the Holy Spirit, that sends up the aroma pleasing to and accepted by Him. Instead, many, many Christians send up the sacrifice of their church attendance, and their various religious rites. I'm not condemning them. I'm just pointing out that they have yet to have the revelation of what pleases God and brings the joy and satisfaction of knowing you are living in and for God and pleasing to him.

17My sacrifice, O God, is a broken spirit;
a broken and contrite heart you, God, will not despise. Psalm 51:17

Gregory

Jan 8, 2021
utah
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My worship is my moment to moment obedience and service to him by His Spirit. That is the worship God desires and which pleases him. That's the Fellowship sacrifice, and Peace offering, and the Burnt offering on the altar of the heart, set aflame with the fire of the Holy Spirit, that sends up the aroma pleasing to and accepted by Him. Instead, many, many Christians send up the sacrifice of their church attendance, and their various religious rites. I'm not condemning them. I'm just pointing out that they have yet to have the revelation of what pleases God and brings the joy and satisfaction of knowing you are living in and for God and pleasing to him.

17My sacrifice, O God, is a broken spirit;
a broken and contrite heart you, God, will not despise. Psalm 51:17
Then you do worship. That is a good thing.

You know what pure religion is?
James 1:27
Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

The Law of Christ is this:
Galatians 6:2
2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.

This chapter is the kind of person that pleases God:
1 Corinthians 13 full chapter.

Do you agree?

Mosheli

Jul 2, 2020
Wellington
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
No the mark of the beast is not the sunday "sabbath".

Revelation says the mark of the beast is "the number of the name of (a) man" (possibly the letters RTS/TRS/STR).
Btw www in Hebrew numerals is 666.

Though it is uncertain whether it is literally on right hand or forehead, as those can be figurative for thoughts and deeds. But ideas of chopping of hand/head may confirm literal, and they are also suitable "flat" surfaces, plus there is Cains mark on his head possibly similar.

The pope/papacy is not "the Antichrist/Beast". The Papacy more fits the harlot Babylon (or Rome?) who rides the beast.
The papacy can not be both or all of the little horn, the beast/"antichrist", and harlot.

I agree that the true sabbath is saturday not sunday, and ideally i do prefer to try rest and seek God on that day. But I am not sure it applies to gentiles since the letter the apostles sent the gentiles just said a few things to do (though the sabbath is mentioned in Genesis 1-2 before Exodus), and even if it does we are not legalistically bound as a matter of salvation.
Our heart pulse is said to slow down every 7 days.
The 7th of the 7 churches in Revelation seemingly may include SDAs (7th day).

It does say in Colossians don't let anyone judge you with regard to sabbaths etc. But the Catholics/Papists have mixed pagan (sun god worship) with Christian (sabbath, resurrection day).

Also its not certain exactly which day (Sat/7th or Sun/1st) Jesus/Yeshua rose. The true day in bible is from sunrise to sunrise not sundown to sundown.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then you do worship. That is a good thing.

You know what pure religion is?
James 1:27
Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

The Law of Christ is this:
Galatians 6:2
2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.

This chapter is the kind of person that pleases God:
1 Corinthians 13 full chapter.

Do you agree?
I agree.

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Enforcing Sunday law is the trick they will use to cause the mark.
So what you are suggesting is that Satan's great plan for Humanity is to make everyone go to Church. Lol. As if.

Nah man.

The Mark of the Beast is Transhumanism.

Look at what is happening right now with the Vaccines. They are practicing. Baby steps.

There is a reason God gets so angry over Idols. They represent Man's never ending quest to become Gods.

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why did God flood the world? Too many people going to Church on Sunday?

It was Transhumanism. Hybrid Humans. It happened then, and it is happening now.

This is the verse that says it all Friend...

Daniel 2:43
"And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay."

You better find out who 'they' are OP. We have bigger problems to worry about.

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's far worse than most can even imagine...