Is the Pope as he claims “God on Earth”...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
POPE FRANCIS CALLS BUDDHISTS BROTHERS AND SISTERS
'Catholics in Thailand
Pope Francis expressed his gratitude for the fact that, “since the arrival of Christianity in Thailand some four and a half centuries ago, Catholics have enjoyed freedom in religious practice, despite their being in a minority, and for many years have lived in harmony with their Buddhist brothers and sisters.”...'

This is quoted from Vatican News, so it is not "Protestant lies".
Pope in Thailand: Catholics and Buddhists can live as “good neighbours” - Vatican News

Now let's think about that in view of Gospel Truth and Bible Truth.
If Buddhists are brothers and sisters of Catholics, it means that both groups are religionists. But not necessarily Christian, since only those who have been saved by grace and born of the Spirit are deemed to be brothers and sisters IN CHRIST.

This one quote should be enough to show Christians that Pope Francis (just like all the other popes) is a PRETENDER. And that is why the Reformers called the pope "the Antichrist".

The Pope DIDN'T say brothers and sisters IN CHRIST.
So what are you complaining about?
Just more bigoted Catholic bashing?

Reactions: epostle

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'Catholics in Thailand
Pope Francis expressed his gratitude for the fact that, “since the arrival of Christianity in Thailand some four and a half centuries ago, Catholics have enjoyed freedom in religious practice, despite their being in a minority, and for many years have lived in harmony with their Buddhist brothers and sisters.”...'

It's true the Catholic Church is promoting an inter-faith movement. But so are some Protestant Churches also. There will be deceived Christian Churches for the end. Christ's faithful elect are not to be deceived with them.

Still regardless of that, the pope cannot be the coming Antichrist. Those who think so show they are lacking in a lot of Bible study about the coming pseudo-Christ to Jerusalem that is to work great signs and wonders, raining fire from heaven down to the earth.

Reactions: Mungo

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'Catholics in Thailand

This is quoted from Vatican News, so it is not "Protestant lies".
Pope in Thailand: Catholics and Buddhists can live as “good neighbours” - Vatican News

Now let's think about that in view of Gospel Truth and Bible Truth.
If Buddhists are brothers and sisters of Catholics, it means that both groups are religionists. But not necessarily Christian, since only those who have been saved by grace and born of the Spirit are deemed to be brothers and sisters IN CHRIST.

This one quote should be enough to show Christians that Pope Francis (just like all the other popes) is a PRETENDER. And that is why the Reformers called the pope "the Antichrist".
Mark 3:35 For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother.

Should we criticize these Buddhists after Christians have fought and killed each other? Who showed love for their fellow man?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Pope DIDN'T say brothers and sisters IN CHRIST. So what are you complaining about?Just more bigoted Catholic bashing?
And that was exactly my point. Christians can only call those who are IN CHRIST as brothers and sisters. But the pope turned that truth on its head and called UNBELIEVERS brothers and sisters! Buddhists reject Christ and Christianity so how can the possibly be brothers and sisters of genuine Christians?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mark 3:35 For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother.

Should we criticize these Buddhists after Christians have fought and killed each other? Who showed love for their fellow man?

Don't know about others here, but that's not my point. The Inter-Faith movement can be a joining of all religions in the name of global one-world government, which is actually what the Revelation 13 prophecy about the coming beast king and beast kingdom is about for the end (especially 2 Thessalonians 2:4).

It's not whether we as Christians can call those of other religions our brother or not. It's about what or who one worships. Those other religions are without Christ Jesus, and thus without His Salvation. And God's Word proclaims there is no other name by which one can be saved.

The globalist one-worlders are pushing proclamations of other religions being false as hate speech. That means we as Christians are not to witness to those of other religions about Christ being the 'only' Way of Salvation (even though it's true).

Time to wake up brethren; we all are going to be held accountable for what or who we worship, especially when the coming Antichrist shows up in Jerusalem, and they present him as God and demand we worship him as God.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And that was exactly my point. Christians can only call those who are IN CHRIST as brothers and sisters. But the pope turned that truth on its head and called UNBELIEVERS brothers and sisters! Buddhists reject Christ and Christianity so how can the possibly be brothers and sisters of genuine Christians?
Did you even read the Bible verse? People who love each other are people Jesus can call brothers. I also remind you that he said he had sheep in other folds. And for the record, Buddhists do not reject Jesus. I've known Buddhists and I've studied it. You are terribly misguided in what you consider a "believer." People who do the works Jesus commanded show their real belief in God and in the message Jesus taught.

Matthew 25:34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

I applaud the Pope for having the same attitude. I applaud the Buddhists who did not persecute Christians when so many other religions did.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't know about others here, but that's not my point. The Inter-Faith movement can be a joining of all religions in the name of global one-world government, which is actually what the Revelation 13 prophecy about the coming beast king and beast kingdom is about for the end (especially 2 Thessalonians 2:4).

It's not whether we as Christians can call those of other religions our brother or not. It's about what or who one worships. Those other religions are without Christ Jesus, and thus without His Salvation. And God's Word proclaims there is no other name by which one can be saved.

The globalist one-worlders are pushing proclamations of other religions being false as hate speech. That means we as Christians are not to witness to those of other religions about Christ being the 'only' Way of Salvation (even though it's true).

Time to wake up brethren; we all are going to be held accountable for what or who we worship, especially when the coming Antichrist shows up in Jerusalem, and they present him as God and demand we worship him as God.
You may not know yourself what you worship. If you did, perhaps you'd show more love towards others.

There are two types of religion: The type that divides and scatters with its message of hate, and the type that gathers together with its message of love.

Matthew 12:30 He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.

I may have to mark you down as one who does not gather together but rather preaches division. You don't like the Pope, it seems, and you don't like Buddhists. Just who does measure up to your standard?

And how much do you know about the Bible if you think "name" means the vowels and consonants in human sounds. It means "authority." Some people name their children "Jesus." I don't think that gives their children the power to save.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It's true the Catholic Church is promoting an inter-faith movement

Hello Davy,
While itvis true that the Catholic church promotes a peaceful and respectful inter-faith dialogue,

Here is official teaching on just what that means for Catholics:

Dominus Iesus

Peace be with you!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But so are some Protestant Churches also.
But the Protestant churches are not going to SE Asia and blatantly proclaiming that Buddhists are brothers and sisters. The pope has already equated the Muslim Allah with the God of the Bible. Now all we need if for him to bring the Hindus and others into his *fold* and proclaim that they are all brothers and sisters!
Still regardless of that, the pope cannot be the coming Antichrist.
That was not my point. The point is that because the popes in those times were so anti-Christian, the Reformers pegged them as Antichrists.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Did you even read the Bible verse? People who love each other are people Jesus can call brothers.
Don't take Scripture out of context to justify your false beliefs. If Buddhist, Hindus, Muslims, Sikhs, etc. are all brothers and sisters of Christ, there is absolutely no need for the Gospel. They are all going to Heaven, regardless of whether they reject Christ as Lord and Savior (according to you).

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
While it is true that the Catholic church promotes a peaceful and respectful inter-faith dialogue...
What is *inter-faith* dialogue except an attempt to put Bible Christianity on a par with all other religions. And Christ will not accept that since this is what He proclaimed for Himself: Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but [except] by [through] me. (John 14:6)

Since all other religions REJECT this, there can be no inter-faith dialogue.

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't take Scripture out of context to justify your false beliefs. If Buddhist, Hindus, Muslims, Sikhs, etc. are all brothers and sisters of Christ, there is absolutely no need for the Gospel. They are all going to Heaven, regardless of whether they reject Christ as Lord and Savior (according to you).
I gave several verses for the context so what are you complaining about? I also remind you that Paul said the Gospel had been preached to "every living creature" at the time he wrote. I believe that. Do you? Maybe you don't. Maybe your idea of "the Gospel" is not the same as his.

Did I mention anyone going to Heaven? I surely did not. Please stop inventing things and putting words in my mouth. Pray to God to give you a stable mind.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What is *inter-faith* dialogue except an attempt to put Bible Christianity on a par with all other religions. And Christ will not accept that since this is what He proclaimed for Himself: Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but [except] by [through] me. (John 14:6)

Since all other religions REJECT this, there can be no inter-faith dialogue.

Didnt read the link did you...

"As a remedy for this relativistic mentality, which is becoming ever more common, it is necessary above all to reassert the definitive and complete character of the revelation of Jesus Christ. In fact, it must be firmly believed that, in the mystery of Jesus Christ, the Incarnate Son of God, who is “the way, the truth, and the life” (Jn 14:6),the full revelation of divine truth is given: “No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son wishes to reveal him” (Mt 11:27); “No one has ever seen God; God the only Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, has revealed him” (Jn 1:18); “For in Christ the whole fullness of divinity dwells in bodily form” (Col 2:9-10)."

Peace!

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I gave several verses for the context so what are you complaining about? I also remind you that Paul said the Gospel had been preached to "every living creature" at the time he wrote. I believe that. Do you? Maybe you don't. Maybe your idea of "the Gospel" is not the same as his.

Did I mention anyone going to Heaven? I surely did not. Please stop inventing things and putting words in my mouth. Pray to God to give you a stable mind.

You're talking about Col 1:23, which you misquoted by saying "had been preached." The Amplified Bible gives insight into what Paul was saying.

Col 1:23--[And this He will do] provided that you continue to stay with and in the faith [in Christ], well-grounded and settled and steadfast, not shifting or moving away from the hope [which rests on and is inspired by] the glad tidings (the Gospel), which you heard and which has been preached [as being designed for and offered without restrictions] to every person under heaven, and of which [Gospel] I, Paul, became a minister.

Paul wasn't saying that the gospel had already been preached to "every living creature." This would contradict what Jesus said in Matthew 24:14--"And this good news of the kingdom (the Gospel) will be preached throughout the whole world as a testimony to all the nations, and then will come the end."

Jesus is obviously talking about the End Times. The end coming seems to be right after (not 2000 years after) the gospel is preached to the whole world.

Plus, as far as I know, there are still unreached people groups. I lived with two different families who had family members who work for missionary organizations. One of those couples had been missionaries.

Last edited:

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you even read the Bible verse? People who love each other are people Jesus can call brothers. I also remind you that he said he had sheep in other folds. And for the record, Buddhists do not reject Jesus. I've known Buddhists and I've studied it. You are terribly misguided in what you consider a "believer." People who do the works Jesus commanded show their real belief in God and in the message Jesus taught.

Matthew 25:34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

I applaud the Pope for having the same attitude. I applaud the Buddhists who did not persecute Christians when so many other religions did.

Wow, what a misinterpretation of this verse! You have to ignore so many other verses to interpret this as meaning that people who prescribe to Buddhist beliefs will inherit the kingdom of God without first believing in Jesus Christ.

1 John 5:13 - These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're talking about Col 1:23, which you misquoted by saying "had been preached." The Amplified Bible gives insight into what Paul was saying.

Col 1:23--[And this He will do] provided that you continue to stay with and in the faith [in Christ], well-grounded and settled and steadfast, not shifting or moving away from the hope [which rests on and is inspired by] the glad tidings (the Gospel), which you heard and which has been preached [as being designed for and offered without restrictions] to every person under heaven, and of which [Gospel] I, Paul, became a minister.

Paul wasn't saying that the gospel had already been preached to "every living creature." This would contradict what Jesus said in Matthew 24:14--"And this good news of the kingdom (the Gospel) will be preached throughout the whole world as a testimony to all the nations, and then will come the end."

Jesus is obviously talking about the End Times. The end coming seems to be right after (not 2000 years after) the gospel is preached to the whole world.

Plus, as far as I know, there are still unreached people groups. I lived with two different families who had family members who work for missionary organizations. One of those couples had been missionaries.
You are allowing your preconceived beliefs to influence your understanding. It does not contradict what Jesus says, it tells us that what Jesus said must be done first had already been done. And the end of that age did come, just as predicted.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are allowing your preconceived beliefs to influence your understanding. It does not contradict what Jesus says, it tells us that what Jesus said must be done first had already been done. And the end of that age did come, just as predicted.

How did you do it, G?? You showed up on CB less than 10 minutes after I posted? What is your secret?

So, you think that the Great Tribulation and Second Coming have already taken place? You are allowing your unbiblical misconceptions to influence your thinking.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow, what a misinterpretation of this verse! You have to ignore so many other verses to interpret this as meaning that people who prescribe to Buddhist beliefs will inherit the kingdom of God without first believing in Jesus Christ.

1 John 5:13 - These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
I am ignoring nothing. Those who keep the commandments given by Jesus show their faith by their works.

There are some Christians who say they believe but their words are spoken with the guile of the serpent.

Matthew 7:18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Yes, indeed, there will be some Buddhists entering the kingdom before some Christians; and I despise the kind of thinking that fails to show gratitude to non-Christians when they behave lovingly. Some Christians make me feel sick. They remind me of the self-righteous Pharisees of Jesus' day. "I think thee, God, that I am not like other men, like this Buddhist."

Reactions: amadeus

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How did you do it, G?? You showed up on CB less than 10 minutes after I posted? What is your secret?

So, you think that the Great Tribulation and Second Coming have already taken place? You are allowing your unbiblical misconceptions to influence your thinking.
I read the Bible as written. If John said the things in Revelation would come to pass "shortly," I believe him. How many passages do you need before you can believe the end was predicted shortly? Try reading Mathew 24 without guile. What will be the sign of his coming and the end of the age? Jesus answers that; but clearly some people don't believe him. No, they say, "But the world didn't end then. That can't be right."