Is there a difference between the Holy Spirit and the Holy Ghost?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First, let me state that the Holy Spirit is free to have always existed, please put the pitchfork down.

Is the Holy Ghost, the literal Holy Ghost of Jesus's physical death? Is this one of the reasons why it was necessary for God to become man?
Opening the door to Christ to allow the Holy Ghost in, is paramount to Christianity.

Could the Breath of Life (Holy Spirit) actually be air/wind? When Adam lost his “SPIRITUAL life”, was that a disconnect to air? If so, what does that say about the prince of the power of the air? Is the spirit of satan connected to people or is it only his carnal perception?

Ephesians 2:2-3 "according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience"​
- I think someone might have told me this was past tense

Is the following scripture talking about the Holy Spirit?
Revelation 7:1
And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.​

- Is it times up on people opening the door to Christ to allow the Holy Spirit/Holy Ghost in?

Is the difference between the first Adam and the last Adam the way the Spirit was connected to them? The first Adam connects to the Holy Spirit at first, but the last Adam has the Holy Spirit inside.

Last edited:

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not a Trinitarian or any other multi-god(s) relationship theorist. So my response might not be what you expect.

The Holy Spirit = the Holy Ghost = The Father's Spirit and kinetic power in our world and creation. It (he) keeps creation alive (living) and in a specific order, complexion, design, function and purpose.

Both the 1st and 2nd Adams received the spark or spirit of life as living souls by the Father's power. Both the 1st and 2nd Adams at creation/birth felt the Father's spirit or presence and they conversed and spoke to each other. The 1st Adam sinned and the Father's spirit (his presence) soon departed him . The 2nd Adam did not sin and obeyed his Father. Later, the Father's spirit would not only surround Yahshua, he also placed his own spirit within him at his anointing. The Father's spirit resided in Christ's spirit. He possessed his Son completely. The Father's spirit momentarily separated from Christ when he actually died on the cross, as his son cried out in desperation thinking his Father left him for good. And then the Father's spirit reunited with his son's human spirit once again upon his resurrection from his death by the power of his Father.

We as Christians received the spirit of Christ upon conversion. And since the Father's spirit is in Christ we also have direct access to the Father (and his spirit) via Christ's spirit that is in us.

Technically, we have the spirit of Christ within us and not the Spirit of the Father. The Father 'chooses' and brings (by his power) his son's spirit into us (into our own human spirits) and thus this way we are engaged directly with the Father.

Bless you,

APAK

Last edited:

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not a Trinitarian or any other multi-god(s) relationship theorist. So my response might not be what you expect.

The Holy Spirit = the Holy Ghost = The Father's Spirit and kinetic power in our world and creation. It (he) keeps creation alive (living) and in a specific order, complexion, design, function and purpose.

Both the 1st and 2nd Adams received the spark or spirit of life as living souls by the Father's power. Both the 1st and 2nd Adams at creation/birth felt the Father's spirit or presence and they conversed and spoke to each other. The 1st Adam sinned and the Father's spirit (his presence) soon departed him . The 2nd Adam did not sin and obeyed his Father. Later, the Father's spirit would not only surround Yahshua, he also placed his own spirit within him at his anointing. The Father's spirit resided in Christ's spirit. He possessed his Son completely. The Father's spirit momentarily separated from Christ when he actually died on the cross, as his son cried out in desperation thinking his Father left him for good. And then the Father's spirit reunited with his son's human spirit once again upon his resurrection from his death by the power of his Father.

We as Christians received the spirit of Christ upon conversion. And since the Father's spirit in in Christ we also have direct access to the Father ( and his spirit) via Christ's spirit that is in us.

Technically, we have the spirit of Christ within us and not the Spirit of the Father. The Father 'chooses' and brings (by his power) his son's spirit into us (into our own human spirits) and thus this way we are engaged directly with the Father.

Bless you,

APAK

Are you saying Jesus had the same connection we do until He was Baptized? That connection wasn't possible for other people, at the time, unless God granted it specifically. You aren't going to mention anything about understanding the wind in Revelation 7:1 now?

1 Corinthians 15:44-47
It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.

The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven.​

Is this saying Jesus was the last Adam as a man first and then was made a quickening spirit on resurrection?

Last edited:

Yan

Jun 15, 2020
City of David
the-land-of-hope.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Indonesia
Holy Spirit sometimes many people relate it with flame or fire, but the truth is Holy Spirit was an everlasting water or Fountain of Life (John 3:1-8).
But all believers will get an assessment from the Evil One (Flaming Sword) to assess their faith as the guardian of Fountain of Life (Cherubim & the flaming swords - Genesis 3:24) always envy to mankind, if Jesus was tempted in the wilderness (Luke 4:1-13) so are we. We must stay believe in God when they took away our fountain of life as this condition was similar with the Exodus from Egypt into Exile or the parables of Pottery Maker (Jeremiah 18:1-17).

Old Testament
Genesis 16:13-16

13. And to the Lord who was talking with her she gave this name, You are a God who is seen; for she said, Have I not even here in the waste land had a vision of God and am still living?
14. So that fountain was named, Fountain of Life and Vision: it is between Kadesh and Bered.
15. And Hagar gave birth to a child, the son of Abram, to whom Abram gave the name of Ishmael.
16. Abram was eighty-six years old when Hagar gave birth to Ishmael.

Genesis 21:22-34
Genesis 26:15-33

New Testament
● Revelation 22:1

Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life – water as clear as crystal – pouring out from the throne of God and of the Lamb,

● Revelation 22:17
And the Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let the one who hears say: “Come!” And let the one who is thirsty come; let the one who wants it take the water of life free of charge.

● Revelation 21:6
He also said to me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. To the one who is thirsty I will give water free of charge from the spring of the water of life.

● Revelation 7:16-17

16. They will never go hungry or be thirsty again, and the sun will not beat down on them, nor any burning heat,
17. because the Lamb in the middle of the throne will shepherd them and lead them to springs of living water, and God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.”

● John 7:37-39
37. On the last day of the feast, the greatest day, Jesus stood up and shouted out, “If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me, and
38. let the one who believes in me drink. Just as the scripture says, ‘From within him will flow rivers of living water.’”
39. (Now he said this about the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were going to receive, for the Spirit had not yet been given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.)

● John 4:4-26

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you saying Jesus had the same connection we do until He was Baptized? That connection wasn't possible for other people, at the time, unless God granted it specifically. You aren't going to mention anything about understanding the wind in Revelation 7:1 now?

1 Corinthians 15:44-47
It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.

The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven.​

Is this saying Jesus was the last Adam as a man first and then was made a quickening spirit on resurrection?

Sounds like you have found something in my writing that's not there....maybe you are not describing it fully....
No, we never have the same as you put it 'connection' with the Father as Yashua did, even before his baptism. We cannot speak directly to the Father and hear his voice ,like another human being..on a regular basis..Yahshua could...and does today...

Last edited:

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Holy Spirit sometimes many people relate it with flame or fire, but the truth is Holy Spirit was an everlasting water or Fountain of Life (John 3:1-8).
But all believers will get an assessment from the Evil One (Flaming Sword) to assess their faith as the guardian of Fountain of Life (Cherubim & the flaming swords - Genesis 3:24) always envy to mankind, if Jesus was tempted in the wilderness (Luke 4:1-13) so are we. We must stay believe in God when they took away our fountain of life as this condition was similar with the Exodus from Egypt into Exile or the parables of Pottery Maker (Jeremiah 18:1-17).

Old Testament
Genesis 16:13-16

13. And to the Lord who was talking with her she gave this name, You are a God who is seen; for she said, Have I not even here in the waste land had a vision of God and am still living?
14. So that fountain was named, Fountain of Life and Vision: it is between Kadesh and Bered.
15. And Hagar gave birth to a child, the son of Abram, to whom Abram gave the name of Ishmael.
16. Abram was eighty-six years old when Hagar gave birth to Ishmael.

Genesis 21:22-34
Genesis 26:15-33

New Testament
● Revelation 22:1

Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life – water as clear as crystal – pouring out from the throne of God and of the Lamb,

● Revelation 22:17
And the Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let the one who hears say: “Come!” And let the one who is thirsty come; let the one who wants it take the water of life free of charge.

● Revelation 21:6
He also said to me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. To the one who is thirsty I will give water free of charge from the spring of the water of life.

● Revelation 7:16-17

16. They will never go hungry or be thirsty again, and the sun will not beat down on them, nor any burning heat,
17. because the Lamb in the middle of the throne will shepherd them and lead them to springs of living water, and God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.”

● John 7:37-39
37. On the last day of the feast, the greatest day, Jesus stood up and shouted out, “If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me, and
38. let the one who believes in me drink. Just as the scripture says, ‘From within him will flow rivers of living water.’”
39. (Now he said this about the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were going to receive, for the Spirit had not yet been given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.)

● John 4:4-26

Acts 2:1-2
And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.

James 1:5-6
If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.

via Heidi Paul

Last edited:

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 11:8, KJV: "(According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear; ) unto this day."
via posthuman

I wonder if this could be one of the four winds that the angels are holding back in Revelation
...so even the unbelievers will know what is going on?

Last edited: