Is There Any Excuse For 21St Century Western Man?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TallMan

Jul 20, 2007
(Particularly Britain, where I am from).
I have looked into history lately, how that even in recent times there were wars, famines, plagues etc, and true christianity was persecuted, the bibles and sometimes it's suppliers were burned. True information was hard to come by.

But this can al be contrasted with The West today.
God has provided us with oil, other raw materials, lands that yield plenty of produce, the intelligence to develop these things, the bible and those that believe it are making themselves known through the internet, on the street etc. Work is not excessively long hours, we have labour-saving devices and for those that don't work much or at all (currently a large percentage of the poputaltion over say 14) there is the safety net of social security so very few are fighting to stay alive.

Yet, hardly any are obeying the gospel.
The same is not true in the second- and third-worlds.
I know that many thousands are doing as God says in these last days.

Western man thinks he is something, but, spiritually he is tares, not wheat.

Do you agree in full, in part or totally disagree?
Please give reasons/evidence.

Irish

Jan 31, 2010
Don't agree, it's like throwing the baby out with the bath water. To spiritualize this is to take it out of context. If it wasn't for western man how many of the peoples of the world would have any amount of Christianity; you don't see many thank you's with this. I know in the Church of God there is no Jew or Gentile as such, and this is within the dispensation of grace. But the Tares and Wheat are mentioned within the framework of the parable of the sower, (dealing with the Kingdom of Heaven),......here, Israel is again brought into view, along with the tares. To put one in the place of the other is inviting error.

Irish