"Is There More Than one Gospel?...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, there is only one gospel of Jesus Christ.

There is no doubt that we have to be willing to turn away from sin and seek to overcome sin in this life when we first come to Jesus Christ and His grace (seeking forgiveness with Him and in believing the gospel message in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4). I believe the gospel message in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 can lead men to break down before the Lord Jesus and seek forgiveness with Him over their past life of sin. This is indeed with the intent to put away sin.

There are those who falsely accepted another Jesus thinking that Christ died for them as a present day sinner and that they don’t have to change their life to be saved and they can just remain in their sins on some level. This is false. There is no hope in this kind of belief. I have heard one poster on this forum tell me of his initial salvation experience. He told me he heard a preacher tell him Christ died for the ungodly and he took this to mean that this applies to how he does not need to change to be saved. He can just keep being ungodly and believe Christ died for him to be saved. But this is false. This is a false gospel and a false Jesus. No doubt about it. Titus 2:11-12 says God grace teaches us to deny ungodliness and that we should live righteously and godly in this present world.

Paul's warning of "another Jesus" is stronger than what most interpret. Paul directly associated the devil and his workers with it.

2 Cor 11:12-15
12 But I will continue doing what I have always done. This will undercut those who are looking for an opportunity to boast that their work is just like ours.
13 These people are false apostles. They are deceitful workers who disguise themselves as apostles of Christ.
14 But I am not surprised! Even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.
15 So it is no wonder that his servants also disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. In the end they will get the punishment their wicked deeds deserve.

(Holy Bible, New Living Translation ®, copyright © 1996, 2004 by Tyndale Charitable Trust. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers. All rights reserved.)

By that Apostle Paul revealed there are false apostles within Christ's Church that disguise themselves as the Apostles of Christ. Not only that, but Satan himself disguises himself as angel of light.

So there shouldn't be any... confusion at all about those out there that push the 'dual' gospel idea, an idea not written in God's Word, but by men, called Hyper-Dispensationalism.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not hardly anyone that uses a KJV is using that Old English text you're referring to, which is about the 1st edition KJV. Later editions removed most of that Old English character spelling and language usage. Words like 'thee' and 'thou' are not enough to misread the KJV text, so I disagree strongly with your assumption.

I know the KJB vs. Modern Bible issue really well. There are some KJB’s that remove the thee’s and thou’s but they don’t really remove all of the archaic words without changing the text. The NKJV would not be an update of the KJB. The NKJV actually changes words in many places whereby it alters truth and doctrine. But you are probably aware of that if you know this topic. I have not seen a good KJB update remove the archaic words. To really know what I am talking about I would encourage you to check this list of archaic words here:

Archaic Words and Their Meaning in the KING JAMES BIBLE
(Note: While this particular article is informative to knowing certain archaic words, please keep in mind that I am strongly opposed to this website because they have a wrong view of salvation and they belief in the false teaching of Eternal Security).

There are actually more archaic words than this. A Defined King James Bible shows you a lot of them. They define the archaic words at the bottom of the page. You can pick a cheaper version up at EBay (if you are interested).

You said:
Like I already said about Paul using the "my gospel" reference, he was NOT speaking of any other gospel than that of The Gospel of Jesus Christ, the SAME Gospel the other Apostles had.

I can understand that it can be interpreted in that way. I am not discounting the possibility even. It just seems more likely that the gospel is Jesus Christ as our Savior and it is fleshed out in more detail in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4. This again does not mean there is not another aspect of salvation we as believers need to be concerned with like the process of Sanctification to live a holy life (Which is after we are saved by God’s grace).

Anyways, I believe the way I do on the gospel being primarily 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 because Paul makes it clear that if any man preach another gospel other than the one he preached is in serious danger. Paul’s whole thrust and theme in Galatians was not that this good news involved some kind of judgment of the secrets of men, but it was about what Christ did for us with His death, and resurrection, and in how we can be saved by His grace. It’s good news for a reason. It’s not good news for us if we know that the secrets of men are going to be judged. That really does not save us. That is something that is more of a warning for us so as to our guard our words, thoughts, and to live holy (even when nobody is watching). That’s not really good news. The good news is that Jesus can forgive our past sins and it involves believing Jesus died for our sins, he was buried, and risen the third day for our salvation.

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul's warning of "another Jesus" is stronger than what most interpret. Paul directly associated the devil and his workers with it.

2 Cor 11:12-15
12 But I will continue doing what I have always done. This will undercut those who are looking for an opportunity to boast that their work is just like ours.
13 These people are false apostles. They are deceitful workers who disguise themselves as apostles of Christ.
14 But I am not surprised! Even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.
15 So it is no wonder that his servants also disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. In the end they will get the punishment their wicked deeds deserve.

(Holy Bible, New Living Translation ®, copyright © 1996, 2004 by Tyndale Charitable Trust. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers. All rights reserved.)

By that Apostle Paul revealed there are false apostles within Christ's Church that disguise themselves as the Apostles of Christ. Not only that, but Satan himself disguises himself as angel of light.

So there shouldn't be any... confusion at all about those out there that push the 'dual' gospel idea, an idea not written in God's Word, but by men, called Hyper-Dispensationalism.

This would be Mid-Acts Dispensationalism according to Wikipedia. I have ran into Mid Acts type believers before. They try to say that the words of Jesus do not apply to us. They also say that salvation is separate for the Jews (involving the Jewish apostles) and Paul was teaching a different salvation that was applicable to the Gentiles. This is false. Paul was a Jew. If salvation was different for the Jews, then Paul would have to be following that instead and he could not teach something different to the Gentiles. Paul was teaching a salvation that applied to all men (Both Jew and Gentile).

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know the KJB vs. Modern Bible issue really well. There are some KJB’s that remove the thee’s and thou’s but they don’t really remove all of the archaic words without changing the text. The NKJV would not be an update of the KJB. The NKJV actually changes words in many places whereby it alters truth and doctrine. But you are probably aware of that if you know this topic. I have not seen a good KJB update remove the archaic words. To really know what I am talking about I would encourage you to check this list of archaic words here:

I don't care to get into all that again. I already wrote some posts covering the modern Bible versions that use corrupted Greek texts.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This would be Mid-Acts Dispensationalism according to Wikipedia. I have ran into Mid Acts type believers before. They try to say that the words of Jesus do not apply to us. They also say that salvation is separate for the Jews (involving the Jewish apostles) and Paul was teaching a different salvation that was applicable to the Gentiles. This is false. Paul was a Jew. If salvation was different for the Jews, then Paul would have to be following that instead and he could not teach something different to the Gentiles. Paul was teaching a salvation that applied to all men (Both Jew and Gentile).

It is called Hyper-Grace, or Hyper-Dispensationalism. E.W. Bullinger (19th century British Bible scholar) was one of the fathers of the doctrine. He wrongly latched onto the popular movement of a false Pre-trib Rapture theory and Dispensationalism that was first taught in Britain by John Nelson Darby in the 1830s. Darby taught that the Church is raptured prior to the "great tribulation", leaving the Jews behind to suffer it, and at Christ's return the nation of Israel is restored on earth, while the Church reigns in Heaven with Jesus. Those ideas of course are not written in God's Word.

Even within their own system of men, they differ on Apostle Paul's time of establishing their Gentile Church.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. There is only one gospel. Pitting Paul against Jesus is an egregious error.

There is more than one gospel. first we must remember that gospel is not some mystical magical weord that can only mean trust in teh death and resurrection of Jesus.

Gospel simply means "good news" and there were many "gospels" preached in teh early church.

John teh Baptist preached the gospel of the Kingdom.
The end time saints will preach the gospel of the kingdom.
Paul preached on the gospel of grace
then there is the gospel that brings salvation!

It is th elast one we focus on.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't care to get into all that again. I already wrote some posts covering the modern Bible versions that use corrupted Greek texts.

Yes, I am aware of this video and have posted it to others.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It’s a good video. But if I were to post this video again: I think any future postings of this video should be given with a warning though. While this video is fine, they did another video called “Tares Among the Wheat” that teaches Protestant Faith Alone (i.e. Belief Alone Salvationism) which I believe is false. I believe after we are saved by God’s grace, we must enter the Sanctification of the Spirit in living a holy life as a part of God’s plan of salvation (See: 2 Thessalonians 2:13).

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is called Hyper-Grace, or Hyper-Dispensationalism. E.W. Bullinger (19th century British Bible scholar) was one of the fathers of the doctrine. He wrongly latched onto the popular movement of a false Pre-trib Rapture theory and Dispensationalism that was first taught in Britain by John Nelson Darby in the 1830s. Darby taught that the Church is raptured prior to the "great tribulation", leaving the Jews behind to suffer it, and at Christ's return the nation of Israel is restored on earth, while the Church reigns in Heaven with Jesus. Those ideas of course are not written in God's Word.

Even within their own system of men, they differ on Apostle Paul's time of establishing their Gentile Church.

I believe blind squirrels can even find a nut. But in all reality, I believe in the “Any Time Rapture or Catching up viewpoint” (1 Thessalonians 4:16-18) (1 Corinthians 15:51-53) and also a secondary event of the saints in the middle of the tribulation being gathered up by angels before the Lord’s wrath pours out upon the Earth (Matthew 24:30-31) (Mark 13:26-27) (Luke 17:30-36).

If true, it is good to know that the Hyper Grace Crowd are Hyper Dispensationalists. I am strongly against Hyper Grace, any form of OSAS, Sin and Still Be Saved Salvationism, and Mid Acts Dispensationalism (MAD). Do you have official quotes by the mouths of Hyper Dispensationalists that they believe in Hyper Grace?

Does Hyper Grace have it’s origins in Hyper Dispensationalism? I don’t believe so. Martin Luther said, “Be a sinner, and let your sins be strong, but let your trust in Christ be stronger, and rejoice in Christ who is the victor over sin, death, and the world. We will commit sins while we are here, for this life is not a place where justice resides... No sin can separate us from Him, even if we were to kill or commit adultery thousands of times each day" ['Let Your Sins Be Strong, from 'The Wittenberg Project;' 'The Wartburg Segment', translated by Erika Flores, from Dr. Martin Luther's Saemmtliche Schriften, Letter No. 99, 1 Aug. 1521. - Cf. Also Denifle’s Luther et Lutheranisme, Etude Faite d’apres les sources. Translation by J. Paquier (Paris, A. Picard, 1912-13), VOl. II, pg. 404].

In other words, if this statement is true by Luther and he believed that way until his death, then he was also Hyper Grace. Martin Luther lived before Darby and Bullinger (if indeed these two men truly made Hyper Grace statements like Luther).

But I think this error of a believer thinking they can high handedly sin and still be saved goes further back in time in both the Old and New Testaments. In the Garden, the serpent convinced Eve that she could break God’s command and not die. That essentially is Hyper Grace.

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe blind squirrels can even find a nut. But in all reality, I believe in the “Any Time Rapture or Catching up viewpoint” (1 Thessalonians 4:16-18) (1 Corinthians 15:51-53) and also a secondary event of the saints in the middle of the tribulation being gathered up by angels before the Lord’s wrath pours out upon the Earth (Matthew 24:30-31) (Mark 13:26-27) (Luke 17:30-36).

Well, belief on the false Pre-trib Rapture theory of men certainly is about the 'blind', I'll give you that. That false belief goes directly against the timing Lord Jesus gave for His coming to gather His Church, per Matthew 24:29-31 and Mark 13:24-27.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, belief on the false Pre-trib Rapture theory of men certainly is about the 'blind', I'll give you that. That false belief goes directly against the timing Lord Jesus gave for His coming to gather His Church, per Matthew 24:29-31 and Mark 13:24-27.

I explain the differences between the “Any Time Rapture” vs. the “Mid Trib Gathering Up of the Saints By Angels” in my thread here:

My New End Times Chronology

If you are not interested, we can agree to disagree.
I am not big into debating Eschatology. Some of my big discussions are on discussing salvation (God’s grace and Sanctification), and the Trinity.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I explain the differences between the “Any Time Rapture” vs. the “Mid Trib Gathering Up of the Saints By Angels” in my thread here:

My New End Times Chronology

If you are not interested, we can agree to disagree.
I am not big into debating Eschatology. Some of my big discussions are on discussing salvation (God’s grace and Sanctification), and the Trinity.

I'm not interested, and have already heard every possible excuse for pushing both a false pre-trib rapture theory, and a false mid-trib rapture theory.

And by the way, the Mid-Trib theory is actually the same... idea as the false pre-trib rapture theory. Reason is because both... push the idea of a rapture PRIOR to the time of great tribulation. The "great tribulation" does not actually start until the coming false Messiah places the "abomination of desolation" idol in Jerusalem (Matthew 24).

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not interested, and have already heard every possible excuse for pushing both a false pre-trib rapture theory, and a false mid-trib rapture theory.

And by the way, the Mid-Trib theory is actually the same... idea as the false pre-trib rapture theory. Reason is because both... push the idea of a rapture PRIOR to the time of great tribulation. The "great tribulation" does not actually start until the coming false Messiah places the "abomination of desolation" idol in Jerusalem (Matthew 24).

I guess we will have to wait and see who is right then.
Time will truly tell.

Peace and blessings be unto you in the Lord.