is this a type of rapture? or...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

child of fire

Mar 2, 2014
so i would like some input on this dream. my friend thinks its a rapture dream of sorts but idk...
it begins with me being with my mom and family when a king comes and tells me i am royalty and said i come and live as a prince in his heavenly domain [because his kingdom was in the sky in a different dimension yet you could see what goes on in earth] or i could stay with my family. i loved my mom and family but i went with the king. i dont even know how we got there but we suddenly were there and i could have anything i wanted because i was royalty but i saw on earth ppl became poor and had little to eat so i wanted to give them lots of my gold coins since i was so rich but then the dream ended
i dont know exactly what to make of this dream or if its even biblical

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
It sounds more like a calling for the now instead of a picture about the rapture that is coming. I'm reminded of Matthew 5:14-16

14“You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. 15Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.

and I'm also reminded of Luke 17:20-21

20Once, on being asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied, “The coming of the kingdom of God is not something that can be observed, 21nor will people say, ‘Here it is,’ or ‘There it is,’ because the kingdom of God is in your midst.”

Reactions: child of fire

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
no...I do not think so. It's very much like something that Paul struggled with in;

2 Corinthians 5:1-8

6 Therefore we are always confident and know that as long as we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord. 7 For we live by faith, not by sight. 8 We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord. 9 So we make it our goal to please him, whether we are at home in the body or away from it.

We are Children of the King and we are here on earth to fulfill his plan and the good works he has prepared for us beforehand. This dream may have something to do with the good works he has for you to do...

Ephesians 2:10
For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Bless you!

ironmonk

May 23, 2014
child of fire said:
so i would like some input on this dream. my friend thinks its a rapture dream of sorts but idk...
it begins with me being with my mom and family when a king comes and tells me i am royalty and said i come and live as a prince in his heavenly domain [because his kingdom was in the sky in a different dimension yet you could see what goes on in earth] or i could stay with my family. i loved my mom and family but i went with the king. i dont even know how we got there but we suddenly were there and i could have anything i wanted because i was royalty but i saw on earth ppl became poor and had little to eat so i wanted to give them lots of my gold coins since i was so rich but then the dream ended
It means that the lord has set you to be rich in faith and you will share that faith to those that struggle with their faith. (A very beautiful dream.)

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
child of fire said:
It was a dream. Little of it is Biblically sound. A lot of it is whimsical childish nonsense. That's what dreams are. It was not a revelation if that's what you want to be told.

First of all there's no such thing as the rapture. The ideology is a concoction of millennialist theology and presumptuous application of dogma to orthodox doctrine. It was first suggested as an explanation of the end of the dispensation of grace by John Nelson Darby in the mid-19th century. The notion was very popular and during the Niagara Conference of the early twentieth century it was adopted by a group of aggressive Baptists. It was the same group who were so obnoxious that delegates of every other Protestant denomination in America threw up their hands and went home - not endorsing any of their rubbish. The rapture idea is illogical and unBiblical from A to Z.

Secondly, the idea that YOU are royalty is absurd. This is another notion that appeals to conceit rather than the spiritual man. If everyone is royalty, then there are too many chiefs and not enough Indians. Think about it. There is an order of things, levels of authority and responsibility before God. Not everyone is equal in the sense of moving in the same circles and not everyone, thankfully, is royalty. Jesus is King of Kings and Lord of Lords. That should be enough royalty for anyone.

You were rich in your dream and you wanted to give to the poor? Apparently your subconscious mind is more grounded in common sense than your 'higher' brain functions. Your sleeping mind realized how nonsensical the whole story line was becoming and like the good censor it is - cut the show off before real donations could be dispensed. So how much real money have you given to the real poor since that dream?

You just had a religious dream. Enjoy it for what it was, a grand time in dreamland with lots of pretty things to think about. The best part was that there was no admission fee for the show - the best price in town for a cute movie. Don't get carried away with your own fantasies. Enjoy them for what they are - dreams. Don't read anything into it because it wasn't that deep. It was just cool fun. Leave it at that.

and that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...

sojourner4Christ

sojourning non-citizen
May 23, 2014
child of fire, your dream is significant. My comments are in red.

so i would like some input on this dream. my friend thinks its a rapture dream of sorts As another poster mentioned, the pre-trib rapture theory is but one of the more recent heresies on the apostacy platter. but idk...
it begins with me being with my mom and family when a king Of a truth it is, that your God is a God of gods, and a Lord of kings, and a revealer of secrets (Dan. 2:47) comes and tells me i am royalty and said i come and live as a prince But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light: (1 Peter 2:9) in his heavenly domain [because his kingdom was in the sky in a different dimension yet you could see what goes on in earth] Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: (Isaiah 66:1) or i could stay with my family. i loved my mom and family but i went with the king. i dont even know how we got there but we suddenly were there and i could have anything i wanted because i was royalty but i saw on earth ppl became poor and had little to eat so i wanted to give them lots of my gold coins since i was so rich I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive (Acts 20:35) but then the dream ended
i dont know exactly what to make of this dream or if its even biblical And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams (Acts 2:17)
Prior to our marriage, my wife flatted with an Ian McCormick. Ian, who was once declared dead by doctors and his body shifted to the morgue for 15 minutes, was then asked by God if he wanted to enter in to the glory of God's presence i.e. leave the physical plane for good. Ian said, 'Nobody loves me, so why not?' Instantly, God showed him his mother, still alive on earth, who does love him. Essentially, Ian had unwitingly lied to the Lord! Then the Lord showed him countless others who God himself loved but who had not become born again. Ian then knew it would be selfish of him to step into God's presence forever while ignoring the lost on earth. So he asked the Lord to send him back, and the Lord did. The Lord put Ian's spirit back into his body, healed him, and today, 20+ years later, Ian still has a ministry that takes him around the globe, telling his story.

I have a prophetic calling on my life. I, and now my wife and family, have so many dreams that I keep a microcassette recorder next to my bed. I record the details before I fully wake up and get into my egotistical self. We have a thick manila folder, our Dream Journal, going back 13 years. The Lord has appeared to me (Nov. 1996), and also recently to my second of three offspring. BTW, the Lord always gives a confirmation of the dream(s). The confirmation may come in a few minutes or a few months. I recently received two confirmations re: one dream that was 8 years ago and another that was 11 years ago! The Lord always gives a confirmation albeit on HIS timetable. So ask him to give you the interpretation of your dream(s).

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
It was a dream. Little of it is Biblically sound. A lot of it is whimsical childish nonsense. That's what dreams are. It was not a revelation if that's what you want to be told.
aww what a kill joy. Death to the dream courtesy of [email protected]

Mate, if you feel that it truly means something then chances are the Spirit will reassure you of this, I prayed for answers and woke up the following days with verses running through my head I had long since forgotten. Read prayerfully what these guys above me have said and see if anything gels.
​Can you remember anything of the days prior to your dream. things that you may have seen or heard that could have been influencing your thoughts or emotions?

Remember the dream is yours and everything in the dream reflects certain emotions and thoughts derived from your waking life.

For example if you dream of a spider it can mean that you are feeling like an outsider to a certain situation, or dreaming of a flood is usually indicative of sexual desires, seeing your teenage friends in a dream means a desire to regress to adolescence.

Now these things may not be biblical, but we need to remember that the mind is an organ like any other and it is going react to what goes into it.

There are good websites that can help you figure it out.

​Try and break down the dream and look up each event or thing you saw or heard or felt, these websites like the Dream Dictionary can be very helpful and make you go "Hey yeah I have been feeling that way a lot lately."