Is your salvation a burden?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

B

brakelite

As children of God, we are not just ordinary children. Nor do we have an ordinary Father. And the privileges and responsibilities we have as children are not exactly run-of-the-mill either. A Father Who, despite our many faults and failures, calls us His dearly beloved children. A Father Who constantly, faithfully, and unfailingly forgives and yearns to wrap His loving arms around us and hug us to bits. A Father Who, excuse the euphemism, is absolutely, totally, emphatically crazy about us. And why? Because He made us. And because in the beginning He made us perfect, in His Own image and likeness, He can see not only what we once were before sin etched it’s ugly marks on our character and lives, but He can see what we can become, should we repent and turn away from sin, and allow Him the opportunity to recreate us. An extraordinary Father indeed. ’Gracious and merciful, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth.Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity, transgression and sin…(Exodus 34:6,7).
John said, ‘Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called the children of God’.(1 John 3:1.)

And astonishingly the invitation is open to all.
‘For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.’ Jn 3:16
‘And the Spirit and the bride say come. And let him that heareth say come. and let him that is athirst, come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.’Rev 22:17.
So God does not love us because of who we are, nor because of anything we have or have not done; but rather because of who He is, and what He can make of us and accomplish through us.

But as we take great pleasure and joy in serving and loving our heavenly Father, let us remember that along with the wonderful privileges and advantages, are some very solemn and awesome responsibilities.

Because of the high and exalted position of our Father, so our responsibilities reflect the place He holds as King and ruler of the universe, and the potential damage that can result from our failure in living up to them. Just as all the glory goes to Him for our well doing, so also do we bring disrepute upon His name and character each time we fail to live up to the standards that He Himself laid down for us. Our Father’s enemies will never fail to take every advantage of every opportunity to malign the nature of God thus attempting to undermine His influence for good in the world.

So, who are we again?

Romans 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17 ¶ And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint–heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

Galatians 4:5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.
6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.
Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

I thought about the advantages of being an earthly prince, and then transferred them to the spiritual realm. I may be taking some liberties, but judge for yourselves. Maybe you can think of more.

1. We are able to take on the very nature of our Father, and at the appropriate time, even immortality.
2 Peter 1:4 Rom. 8:29 1 John 5: 11,12.
2. Free access to the royal wardrobe.
Isa. 61:10 Zech. 3: 1-5 Math. 6: 28-30 Eph. 6: 13-17 Rev.7:9
3.The very best healthcare system.
Gen. 1:29 Exod. 15:26 Ps 91 Ps.103:3
4. Friends in high places.
Jer. 9: 23,24. 29:11-13. John 14: 6,7, 16-26. 17: 3,20-23. Rom. 8: 9 Coll. 1 :27
5. Insight into the secrets of government; and of those who seek to usurp His power, the enemy.
Ps. 25:14 Isa 14: 12-15 45:19 Dan 2:20-22Amos 3:7 John 10:10 1Cor 2: 12-16
2 Thess 2: 3,4.
6. The privilege of sharing the good news of the gospel, extending the invitation into all the world.
Math 22: 9 Mark 16:15 Acts 1: 7,8 9: 15 Eph 3: 6-9 2 Tim 2: 24-26 4: 1-5
1 Peter 2: 9,10 3:15. Rev 14: 6-12.
7. The best education.
Mark 4: 11 Eph 1: 17,18 Coll 3:16 Heb. 4:12 2 Tim 3: 15-17
8. An unending supply of riches.
Math 6: 25-34 Luke 11: 5-13 Eph. 2: 4-7
9. A top class highly trained and motivated security organization
2 Kings 6: 15-17 Psalm 91:11 103:20 1104:4Math 18:10 Heb. 1: 14.
10. Free unlimited access to the very throne room of God. Our relationship with Him is not long distance,
but immediate through Jesus Who ministers now in the heavenly sanctuary on our behalf.
Eph 2:18 Hebrews 4: 16, 8: 1,2 9: 24 10: 19-22
11. International travel
Math 8:11 Luke 13:29
12 A palace for home.
Jn 14: 1-3. Rev 21: 1-3

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How can salvation be a burden,

Mat 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Mat 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
Mat 11:30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Reactions: Nancy and GTW27

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
it is a WAR not a picnic.....when I sin I am miserable and I cry out to my Father and ask for forgiveness and pray that He helps me in my weakness....and He is faithful to forgive me each and every time.
the war is over wadr, even if you are still fighting, and you might confess your sins one to another to see why that is so. Try that yoke out and see! God does not even hear your confession I guess

Bible Search: confess your sins to God

so, we must labor to enter into God's rest I guess, sure, but the war is over, the battle is won already?

Reactions: Acolyte and Nancy

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the war is over wadr, even if you are still fighting, and you might confess your sins one to another to see why that is so. Try that yoke out and see! God does not even hear your confession I guess

so, we must labor to enter into God's rest I guess, sure, but the war is over, the battle is won already?
Paul says his conscience is clear.

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can salvation be a burden,

Mat 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Mat 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
Mat 11:30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
And:
"For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome."

Reactions: Acolyte

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My conclusion is that we are born again of spirit but the flesh is still in its corruptive state and this is where we have to daily crucify the flesh for it wars against our spirit to fulfill it's lustful desires...
Correct. At the same time you have the indwelling Holy Spirit to enable you to overcome sin. Therefore, as Paul says "sin shall NOT have dominion over you".

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
ah ya, I'm persuaded that he uses "we" in "absent from the body" in a diff sense...prolly whenever he uses we I guess actually. When Paul uses we he is making an inclusive statement that is also an ideal, more or less imaginary iow, "therefore we seek to please God where we are right now" etc. his i statements are different, in more ways than the immediately obv

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
i would consider that an I statement by Paul, whose conscience surely is. Sure wish I was Paul. This passage is often put together with cannot sin to provide justification for "saved" bc of course saved has been defined, there are steps and everything, and don't forget the tongues :/

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i would consider that an I statement by Paul, whose conscience surely is. Sure wish I was Paul. This passage is often put together with cannot sin to provide justification for "saved" bc of course saved has been defined, there are steps and everything, and don't forget the tongues :/
I believe the power of his cross is grossly underestimated in this age

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Speak it brother. Although, wadr :) We know the end of the story and I lose many battles each day and He brings me perfect peace. Yes, the war has already been won but, we still (IRL-and I did not have to google that one...took a few minutes to figure it out tho :)) battle the flesh, the world and Satan. God has already forgiven us and we must give Him praise and thanksgiving that we are indeed a redeemed and forgiven people! When our faith is strong, amazing things happen, God is never too late and never too early, just perfectly on time...every time ♥ in less than a nanosecond the struggle IMHO, is always the Spirit warring against the flesh. There are days that my flesh wins more of the battles, yet His mercies are new everyday ♥

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The whole idea of a "saved" status is the result of a human neurosis that doesn't trust God to judge properly. We are all at God's mercy....always.

Let us drop the foolishness of a guaranteed salvation...which only serves to prolong the carnal mind. A true "saved" person is not concerned with their own salvation. Hence the oxymoron of worrying about it. It is the "unsaved" part that wants salvation in that case. And God will never justify the natural man.