Is your salvation a burden?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
The whole idea of a "saved" status is the result of a human neurosis that doesn't trust God to judge properly. We are all at God's mercy....always.

Let us drop the foolishness of a guaranteed salvation...which only serves to prolong the carnal mind. A true "saved" person is not concerned with their own salvation. Hence the oxymoron of worrying about it. It is the "unsaved" part that wants salvation in that case. And God will never justify the natural man.
If I testify of myself, my testimony is invalid is not too hard to figure out I guess

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The whole idea of a "saved" status is the result of a human neurosis that doesn't trust God to judge properly. We are all at God's mercy....always.

Let us drop the foolishness of a guaranteed salvation...which only serves to prolong the carnal mind. A true "saved" person is not concerned with their own salvation. Hence the oxymoron of worrying about it. It is the "unsaved" part that wants salvation in that case. And God will never justify the natural man.

2 Corinthians 13:5
Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
2 Corinthians 13:5
Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

In the faith means in the race. Nowhere is there a check to see if you are eternally blameless. Salvation is a process and is progressive. The longer you live...the more will be expected that you progressed into a selflessness in love.

Righteousness is a moving target.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the faith means in the race.

Myself, when it says, "In the faith", I take it to mean, "in the faith". I figure that if God said it that way, that's the way He meant it. All I'm doing is quoting the Scripture. You are changing it. But I'm sure you know better.

But don't be fooled thinking that you are a believer when you are not. That would be a dasturdly mistake!

Much love!
Mark

Oh . . . and I'd be careful about those word substitutions when you're talking about the Word of God.

Reactions: Waiting on him

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
In the faith means in the race. Nowhere is there a check to see if you are eternally blameless. Salvation is a process and is progressive. The longer you live...the more will be expected that you progressed into a selflessness in love.

Righteousness isd a moving target.
Righteousness is not a moving target as Christ isnt moving it is us that turn away from Him

Reactions: Nancy

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't even understand the premise of the OP.
The premise is to understand that once a person gets saved he/she will still fail to walk a perfect walk without sin as Jesus did yet there are so many who are taught that if they sin then they are backslidden and have lost their salvation or were never truly saved.
Now in keeping His commandments (The 10 Commandments) those sins should no longer have place in our heart. But there are many other sins whether in thought...word...or deed that we commit....example unforgiveness, disobedience, pride.....
When I was a new christian it became a burden to me because I was always messing up and having to get saved again or rededicated or whatever (as taught by our pastor)....I finally gave up one day and cried out to God and said this Christianity thing is too hard and no matter how hard I tried I seemed to always mess up.....so when I finally learned what salvation really is I no longer feared losing it.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The premise is to understand that once a person gets saved he/she will still fail to walk a perfect walk without sin as Jesus did yet there are so many who are taught that if they sin then they are backslidden and have lost their salvation or were never truly saved.
Now in keeping His commandments (The 10 Commandments) those sins should no longer have place in our heart. But there are many other sins whether in thought...word...or deed that we commit....example unforgiveness, disobedience, pride.....
When I was a new christian it became a burden to me because I was always messing up and having to get saved again or rededicated or whatever (as taught by our pastor)....I finally gave up one day and cried out to God and said this Christianity thing is too hard and no matter how hard I tried I seemed to always mess up.....so when I finally learned what salvation really is I no longer feared losing it.

He gave you the joy of your salvation ♥

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aren’t you glad this flesh doesn’t go to heaven with us?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Aren’t you glad this flesh doesn’t go to heaven with us?

Haha! Love that..yes, we will shake it off like a cover and step out of it.

Yet every day, when we feel grounded here..we must remember that-
We have WINGS...we can rise above it...
If you feel your shoulder blades you can feel them reminding you. :)

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Righteousness isd a moving target.
I like this analogy!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Salvation is a process and is progressive. The longer you live...the more will be expected that you progressed into a selflessness in love.

Righteousness is a moving target.

Ouch. I can't go with you on that one.
"but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise. "

The only 'measure' we have is Jesus Christ. He has told that we can do nothing of ourselves.

"measuring ourselves" brings nothing more than depression and condemnation.
We are not getting "better and better".

Or, maybe I misunderstood your post here? ;)

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I finally gave up one day and cried out to God and said this Christianity thing is too hard and no matter how hard I tried I seemed to always mess up.....so when I finally learned what salvation really is I no longer feared losing it.

Agree.
I think every one of us has had a time when we 'looked at' ourselves and our progress or failure... "I". "I" "I".

Once we learn that it is no longer I but Christ within who keeps us daily.
Then give HIM all the glory and know our only "work" is as in John 6
Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?" 29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on Him whom He hath sent."

The sooner we learn that , the more joyful our walk and fellowship with Him becomes. :)

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ouch. I can't go with you on that one.
"but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise. "

The only 'measure' we have is Jesus Christ. He has told that we can do nothing of ourselves.

"measuring ourselves" brings nothing more than depression and condemnation.
We are not getting "better and better".

Or, maybe I misunderstood your post here? ;)

We are expected to move into maturity bearing fruit. We don't measure ourselves....we grow and grow. Look at 2 Peter and what we are to add (by maturity) to what God has given us. We are still the ones bearing fruit or not. Otherwise, there would be no need of judgment from God.

But we know that God will judge His own house. And to whom much is given MORE is required. It is foolish to be smug and think that the standard of a baby Christian will hold up after a lot of time given to us from the Lord. We are to redeem the time.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are expected to move into maturity bearing fruit. We don't measure ourselves....we grow and grow. Look at 2 Peter and what we are to add (by maturity) to what God has given us. We are still the ones bearing fruit or not. Otherwise, there would be no need of judgment from God.

But we know that God will judge His own house. And to whom much is given MORE is required. It is foolish to be smug and think that the standard of a baby Christian will hold up after a lot of time given to us from the Lord. We are to redeem the time.

If one does not measure themselves how do they know where and how they need to grow? They do not and cannot.

No need for judgment from God? Where did that come from? God judges for blessings, condemnations and more.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If one does not measure themselves how do they know where and how they need to grow? They do not and cannot.

How about the thing which seems so strange to some.." Hearing the word of the Lord." It is the work of the Holy Spirit to tell us where and what we lack in making the grade.
We look at our self through rose coloured glasses, but we look at the growth of our brother with a magnifying glass.

Our own judgement of "how we are doing" is skewed.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How about the thing which seems so strange to some.." Hearing the word of the Lord." It is the work of the Holy Spirit to tell us where and what we lack in making the grade.
We look at our self through rose coloured glasses, but we look at the growth of our brother with a magnifying glass.

Our own judgement of "how we are doing" is skewed.

I agree the Holy Spirit in the Bible are essential. Just look at my sig line.

Actually for me I put more of a magnifying glass on me than their own unless it is something glaring, like Mormonism, Calvinism and directly contradicting the Bible.

Personal issues I restrain myself, as with that girl struggling with her sexuality.