Isaac

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(univac;59406)
(Jordan;59405)
Because of the disobedience of Adam.
So sin is the absence of God's Holy Spirit, So Adam becames just a living soulSo are we born in the absence of God inreturn born in sin?Yes, disobedience is an absense of God. And yes we were born dead to begin with until we call Christ to save us. But that's only the beginning. We need His Word, not men.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(univac;59324)
My reasoning is that Isaac is begotten by Gods Holy Spirit through Sarah, and not flesh/soul through slave girl Hagar like Ishmael.Even though he was born flesh, as was John and our lord. Which makes Israel the offspring of God and us the adopted children. As one is of Holy Spirit and the other of Soul (Adam). But thanks to God that we gentiles have received his Holy Spirit through our Lord Jesus Christ and have permission to be children of God Amen.Thats why it is said first the jews then the Gentiles.Only my reasoningGod bless
This may be your belief and if you insist upon it that is your choice it maybe your interptation of scripture. But we are concerned with what Gods Word says not opinions or interpetations that go against scripture. It is nothing personal but we do not see this as Biblical

univac

May 29, 2008
(Jordan;59407)
Yes, disobedience is an absense of God. And yes we were born dead to begin with until we call Christ to save us. But that's only the beginning. We need His Word, not men.
So by obedience we become in the presence of God that make us, his children,even if we live in the flesh at the time. In the presence of God, we live in His Spirit and by His Spirit. Isaac was born in the presence of God Spirit making him Gods son, as it is written:Exodus 4;22 You then you say to Pharoah, this is the lords message:Israel is my first born (son) Galatians 4:23But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh ; but he of the freewoman was by promiseGalatians 4;2929But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now. God bless

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(univac;59414)
(Jordan;59407)
Yes, disobedience is an absense of God. And yes we were born dead to begin with until we call Christ to save us. But that's only the beginning. We need His Word, not men.
So by obedience we become in the presence of God that make us, his children,even if we live in the flesh at the time. In the presence of God, we live in His Spirit and by His Spirit. Isaac was born in the presence of God Spirit making him Gods son, as it is written:Exodus 4;22 You then you say to Pharoah, this is the lords message:Israel is my first born (son)Galatians 4:23But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh ; but he of the freewoman was by promiseGalatians 4;2929But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.God blessYou are so brainwashed by your own men interpretation, that you can't even see it. Not only that, you have also twisted my words to suit your own desire. Do you realize Satan is also a son of God? And it is impossible to dwell in His Spirit while preaching a lie. Issac is only a person for the Saviour to come through...that is it. He is full of sin like everybody elses.One more thing, Issac name was still Isaac. His name was never changed to Israel. *sigh*

univac

May 29, 2008
(Jordan;59421)
You are so brainwashed by your own men interpretation, that you can't even see it. Not only that, you have also twisted my words to suit your own desire Do you realize Satan is also a son of God? And it is impossible to dwell in His Spirit while preaching a lie. Issac is only a person for the Saviour to come through...that is it. He is full of sin like everybody elses.One more thing, Issac name was still Isaac. His name was never changed to Israel. *sigh*
Jacob is from the loins of Isaac and recieved the blessing of Isaac. As God loved Jacob and hated Esau before they were born.How have I twisted your words? To my desire? I hope not I never mean't this thread to be like this but I reasoned, and you Judged,So be it to your will as I shake my feet. God bless

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(univac;59422)
(Jordan;59421)
You are so brainwashed by your own men interpretation, that you can't even see it. Not only that, you have also twisted my words to suit your own desire Do you realize Satan is also a son of God? And it is impossible to dwell in His Spirit while preaching a lie. Issac is only a person for the Saviour to come through...that is it. He is full of sin like everybody elses.One more thing, Issac name was still Isaac. His name was never changed to Israel. *sigh*
Jacob is from the loins of Isaac and recieved the blessing of Isaac. As God loved Jacob and hated Esau before they were born.How have I twisted your words? To my desire? I hope notI never mean't this thread to be like this but I reasoned, and you Judged,So be it to your will as I shake my feet.God blessTo your own opinion, that I say this in deep concern is judging a soul? Am I not allowed to judge an evil doctrine? If so, I guess I John 4:1 is utterly pointless then.
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

univac

May 29, 2008
(Jordan;59424)
To your own opinion, that I say this in deep concern is judging a soul? Am I not allowed to judge an evil doctrine? If so, I guess I John 4:1 is utterly pointless then.
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Well stop slandering and test me , where is your scriptures to correct me. For I have Given scripture but you say it is a lie, The Jews first then the gentiles or is that a lie from satan toGod bless

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
(univac;59380)
You believe that Abraham seed entered Sarah Womb as I respect your opinion, where I believe God planted a seed in Sarah womb as his convenant with Abraham, or do you think God can't do this? God bless
With all due respect, I have to side with Kriss on this one. She helps me along when such situations come up, and I will return the favor.First of all, that's not her opinion. The fact that Isaac was the seed of Abraham is scriptural fact. I think you need to be more aware of the genealogies, starting with the one in my signature. Isaac was not conceived by the Holy Spirit because had he been so, he would have been Christ. Just what do you think are the promises of many nations? If Isaac was conceived by the Holy Spirit, then Isaac's seed would be god-beings in Israel running around and the promises would take on the same effect as Christianity today. Instead, these promises were national and physical in scope.So, the issue is not whether God can do this, but rather when and by whom he would do this.Besides, if Isaac was the spirit-born promised seed, then God would not have had to send Christ to do this a second time. And again, ALL the seed of Isaac would be the promised seed. In fact, what does the scripture teach? From Isaac came Jacob and Esau. What does God say about them? "Jacob I loved. Esau I hated." So God would hate his own spiritual children? IN addition, Esau would be equal inheritors with Jacob, a position the bible emphatically denies.I think you really ought to stop taking bits and pieces of the bible to use as a framework to support your positions and ideas.Your idea is interesting I'll admit, but simply wrong. Now come to terms with that.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is the purpose why our Lord came incarnated. Redemption first the Jews then the Gentiles. And I'm getting accused of blasphemy by saying that I said that a second Christ was born, that is just your slandering. Being born of Gods Spirit is being with God. Not being Christ so wake up.
I suppose I shouldn't let such a statement anger me as much as this one has, but there is a very real and very serious problem. I don't want to see others lead down this false path.You are rightfully being accused because if God, through the Holy Spirit, conceived Isaac, then you're saying that he did the very same thing that was done to Christ. II John is very clear on the matter. That is indeed full-on blasphemy because you're erecting another son of God. Either Abraham is his Father, or God is his Father. If the latter, then that makes him no different from Christ!It honestly sounds like you don't even know the position you hold. I advise you to check it very thoroughly, you're in dangerous territory. The problem I have, and you seem to have, is saying that Isaac was conceived by the Holy Spirit. You keep referring to this born of the spirit, which I have clearly showed means something else. One need not be the offspring of the Holy Spirit to be born of the spirit.Isaac was a fulfillment of the promise that God made to Abraham. Simply because he was promised to Abraham does not mean that God had to make Sarah conceive. As Tim points out, this inserts a very real issue into the lineage of Christ because you're saying Abraham was not his real father.