Ishtar and Easter

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. Firstly, I am a believer on The Heavenly Father and His Son Jesus Christ, and His death and resurrection.
2. Secondly, I am aware of certain false traditions, including names used, that have crept in among the Christian Church.
3. Many brethren are not aware of a particular origin for a Christian tradition most all Christian Churches observe today, that of Easter.
4. I am not... promoting the keeping of the orthodox Jew's passover ritual.

The word "Easter" is not in God's Word (i.e., the Greek New Testament manuscripts). It is in the 1611 KJV English translation, in Acts 12:4, but the actual Greek word there is 'pascha' (NT:3957), which means 'passover'.

Where does the word "Easter" come from then? It originated from the pagan rite for Eostre, an Anglo-Saxon goddess of the spring.

When those pagans converted to Jesus Christ, they were allowed to keep the name of their old pagan worship of Eostre, and simply replaced it with the event of Christ's death and resurrection, the celebration we call today Easter.

But have you ever wondered where the idea of Easter eggs and the Easter bunny rabbit comes from? I'm sure you know there aren't any such things as eggs and bunny rabbits connected with our Lord Jesus' crucifixion and resurrection, right?

The eggs and rabbit were used by pagans as symbols of fertility. The pagan Eostre rite was a fertility sexual-orgy rite. Thank God many of those pagans turned to The Father and His Son Jesus Christ and quit those old pagan rites! The practice of pagan rites has been a problem among God's people all the way back early in the Old Testament times. So we really should not forget that, lest God's people fall back into that, especially in these last days when the devil's children are trying to make everyone a lover of their self, and if it feels good, do it.

Reactions: JohnPaul