It all fits within Ezekiel 39

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Much of what you posted in this post I am somewhat on the same page with you for the most part. In particular what you posted concerning Ezekiel 37. But even so, in my mind, unless I'm just reading things entirely wrong in Ezekiel 38-39, the house of Israel meant in those 2 chapters, God is hiding His face from them until He executes His judgment against Gog and his multitude. In my mind then means He is still hiding His face from the house of Israel meant in Ezekiel 38-39, as we speak, the fact that judgment is still future.
I don't understand why you say God is still hiding His face from them until Gog is judged.

I read Ezekiel 39:23-29 as closing the prophecy regarding Israel's restoration which opened in Ezekiel 36. It's against this restored people that the armies of Gog of Magog gathers against:

Ezekiel 36 - opening the prophetic promise:
--------------------------------------------------------------​
19 And I scattered them among the nations, and they were scattered through the lands. I judged them according to their way and according to their doings.
20 And when they entered the nations where they went, they even profaned My holy name by saying to them, These are the people of the Jehovah, and they are gone out of His land.
21 But I had pity for My holy name, which the house of Israel had profaned among the nations where they went.
22 Therefore say to the house of Israel, So says the Lord Jehovah: I do not do this for your sake, O house of Israel, but for My holy name's sake, which you have profaned among the nations where you went.
23 And I will sanctify My great name, which was profaned among the nations, which you have profaned in their midst. And the nations shall know that I am the LORD, says the Lord Jehovah, when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes.
24 For I will take you from among the nations and gather you out of all lands, and will gather you into your own land.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------​
Ezekiel 39:23-24 - closing the same prophecy - talking about the same thing Ezekiel 36:19 (first verse above) is talking about.

Compare:

Ezekiel 36
19 And I scattered them among the nations, and they were scattered through the lands. I judged them according to their way and according to their doings.

Ezekiel 39
23 And the nations shall know that the house of Israel was exiled for their iniquity. Because they sinned against Me, therefore I hid My face from them and gave them into the hand of their enemies. So they all fell by the sword.
24 According to their uncleanness and according to their sins I have done to them, and have hidden My face from them.

Then in closing, Ezekiel 39:25-29 repeats Ezekiel 36:22-28.

Compare:

Ezekiel 36
22 Therefore say to the house of Israel, So says the Lord Jehovah: I do not do this for your sake, O house of Israel, but for My holy name's sake, which you have profaned among the nations where you went.
23 And I will sanctify My great name, which was profaned among the nations, which you have profaned in their midst. And the nations shall know that I am the LORD, says the Lord Jehovah, when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes.
24 For I will take you from among the nations and gather you out of all lands, and will gather you into your own land.
25 And I will sprinkle clean waters on you, and you shall be clean. I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from your idols.
26 And I will give you a new heart, and I will put a new spirit within you. And I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you a heart of flesh.
27 And I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you shall keep My judgments and do them.
28 And you shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers. And you shall be My people, and I will be your God.

Ezekiel 39
25 Therefore so says the Lord Jehovah: And I will return the captivity of Jacob, and will have mercy on the whole house of Israel, and will be jealous for My holy name;
26 after they have borne their shame and all their sins by which they have sinned against Me, when they dwell securely in their land and no one terrifies;
27 when I have brought them again from the peoples, and gathered them out of their enemies' lands, and am sanctified in them in the sight of many nations;
28 then they shall know that I am the LORD their God who exiled them among the nations. But I have gathered them to their own land, and have not left any of them there.
29 Nor will I hide My face from them any more, for I have poured out My Spirit on the house of Israel, says the Lord Jehovah.

To me, Ezekiel 39 above is not talking about God hiding His face from them until He destroys Gog. It's closing the promise that they will be restored to God and to the land of their fathers before Gog comes against them.

It's only after their restoration that Gog of Magog and his armies comes against them.

To me Ezekiel 36:23-28 / Ezekiel 39:25-29 is the gift-wrapped box, and the box itself is also part of the gift.

Inside the box is Ezekiel 37, and the necessary warning that in his enraged jealousy Gog is going to come against them after they have been restored, but he will be judged.

Anyway Revelation tells us that it's the dragon behind the beast at the close of this age.

And Revelation tells us that it's the dragon behind Gog and his armies at the close of:

A period of peace that follows the reconciliation of Israel and Judah, of all Israel to God, and of all Israel to the land of their fathers.

Last edited:

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't understand why you say God is still hiding His face from them until Gog is judged.

I read Ezekiel 39:23-29 as closing the prophecy regarding Israel's restoration which opened in Ezekiel 36. It's against this restored people that the armies of Gog of Magog gathers against:

Ezekiel 36 - opening the prophetic promise:
--------------------------------------------------------------​
20 And when they entered the nations where they went, they even profaned My holy name by saying to them, These are the people of the Jehovah, and they are gone out of His land.
21 But I had pity for My holy name, which the house of Israel had profaned among the nations where they went.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------​
Ezekiel 39:23-24 - closing the same prophecy - talking about the same thing Ezekiel 36:19 (first verse above) is talking about.

Compare:

Ezekiel 36

Ezekiel 39
23 And the nations shall know that the house of Israel was exiled for their iniquity. Because they sinned against Me, therefore I hid My face from them and gave them into the hand of their enemies. So they all fell by the sword.
24 According to their uncleanness and according to their sins I have done to them, and have hidden My face from them.

Then in closing, Ezekiel 39:25-29 repeats Ezekiel 36:22-28.

Compare:

Ezekiel 36
25 And I will sprinkle clean waters on you, and you shall be clean. I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from your idols.
26 And I will give you a new heart, and I will put a new spirit within you. And I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you a heart of flesh.
27 And I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you shall keep My judgments and do them.
28 And you shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers. And you shall be My people, and I will be your God.

Ezekiel 39
25 Therefore so says the Lord Jehovah: And I will return the captivity of Jacob, and will have mercy on the whole house of Israel, and will be jealous for My holy name;
26 after they have borne their shame and all their sins by which they have sinned against Me, when they dwell securely in their land and no one terrifies;
27 when I have brought them again from the peoples, and gathered them out of their enemies' lands, and am sanctified in them in the sight of many nations;
28 then they shall know that I am the LORD their God who exiled them among the nations. But I have gathered them to their own land, and have not left any of them there.
29 Nor will I hide My face from them any more, for I have poured out My Spirit on the house of Israel, says the Lord Jehovah.

To me, Ezekiel 39 above is not talking about God hiding His face from them until He destroys Gog. It's closing the promise that they will be restored to God and to the land of their fathers before Gog comes against them.

It's only after their restoration that Gog of Magog and his armies comes against them.

To me Ezekiel 36:23-28 / Ezekiel 39:25-29 is the gift-wrapped box, and the box itself is also part of the gift.

Inside the box is Ezekiel 37, and the necessary warning that in his enraged jealousy Gog is going to come against them after they have been restored, but he will be judged.

Anyway Revelation tells us that it's the dragon behind the beast at the close of this age.

And Revelation tells us that it's the dragon behind Gog and his armies at the close of:

A period of peace that follows the reconciliation of Israel and Judah, of all Israel to God, and of all Israel to the land of their fathers.
When a person reads Ezekiel 39:21-29, it is important to realize that it is Jesus Himself speaking in the text. And He is recollecting all that had happened in the past about the Jews rejecting him, trespassed against him by rejecting him as their messiah, resulting in them being killed by the sword over the past 2000 years, as He hid His face from them (the Jews blindness to Jesus being the messiah).

But since they turned to Jesus during the great tribulation, and have born their shame, Jesus will bring all of the house of Israel back to the land of Israel, in verse 28, leaving none of them in the nations.

Reactions: Zao is life

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
When a person reads Ezekiel 39:21-29, it is important to realize that it is Jesus Himself speaking in the text. And He is recollecting all that had happened in the past about the Jews rejecting him, trespassed against him by rejecting him as their messiah, resulting in them being killed by the sword over the past 2000 years, as He hid His face from them (the Jews blindness to Jesus being the messiah).

But since they turned to Jesus during the great tribulation, and have born their shame, Jesus will bring all of the house of Israel back to the land of Israel, in verse 28, leaving none of them in the nations.
This is what God says to Gog of Magog:

8b "In the latter years you shall come into the land turned back from the sword, gathered out of many peoples, on the mountains of Israel, which have always been waste. (But he has been brought out of the peoples, and they shall dwell securely, all of them.)"

("He" in that bracketed part of the verse is talking about Israel - not about Gog).

9 "And you shall go up, coming like a storm. You shall be like a cloud to cover the land, you and all your bands, and many peoples with you.
10 So says the Lord Jehovah: And it shall be in that day that things shall come into your heart, and you shall devise an evil plan.
11 And you shall say, I will go up to the land of open spaces. I will go to those at rest, who dwell securely, all of them dwelling without walls, and there are no bars nor gates to them,

12 in order to take a spoil, and to steal a prize; to turn your hand on the inhabited waste places, and on the people gathered out of the nations, who have gotten cattle and goods, who dwell in the midst of the land."

I agree that it's following the great tribulation at the end of this Age that Israel is restored - but it's also following the time of the restoration of the people to the land, that Gog comes against them - just like in Revelation 20.

Note: Gog and his armies cannot come against a people that had been dwelling in peace, safety and prosperity in the land before the reconciling and reunification of Israel and Judah and the reconciling of ALL Israel to God (and restoration to the land of their fathers) has taken place - because the prophecy involves the latter as having already taken place before Gog comes up against them.

Joseph

After Joseph had revealed to his family who he was, instead of judging them and putting them to death for what they had done to him (which he could have done because he had all the power and authority of Pharaoh to do so), he forgave them. Then he brought them to dwell with him in the idyllic land of Goshen and a period of peace, safety and prosperity followed - which came to a close when "another Pharaoh arose, who had not known Joseph".

It's a picture or type of the millennium and the gathering of Gog against them at the close of the millennium - except that next time, Gog and his hordes will be destroyed by fire coming down from God out of heaven, and it will be the final end of all rebellion against God and His Christ and His people, being followed by the GWT and the casting of all not found in the Lamb's Book of Life into the lake of fire, the second death.

.. It means that the burying of the dead is taking place in the final years of the millennium - that valley in which they are being buried being symbolized in the the Revelation as the lake of fire, and in Ezekiel as the Valley of Hamon-Gog ("the multitude of Gog").

Believe it or not, I believe that once Jesus comes back, He makes all things new (it will be the NHNE) and for a thousand years Satan will be bound, and at the close of this thousand years, all this takes place,

and it's the same as what began Satan's deception of the nations. It ends the way it began - the first three and in the last three chapters of the Bible:

God's creation (Genesis 1:1-31) ⇾ Christ makes all things new (Revelation 21:5). Type: New earth after the flood.
Perfectly good (Genesis 1:31) ⇾ Only righteousness dwells in it (Revelation 21:27). Types: New earth after the flood, Goshen
Tree of life (Genesis 2:9, 16-17) ⇾ Tree of life (Revelation 21:6; Revelation 22:1-2, 14, 17). (Garden of Eden/Paradise of the NHNE).
Adam given dominion (Genesis 1:26-28) ⇾ Last Adam given dominion (Revelation 20:4).

Satan's deception (Genesis 3:1-7, 11-19) ⇾ Satan's deception (Revelation 20:7-10).

Adam's death. Expulsion from Eden (Genesis 3:22-24) ⇾ Second death. Lake of fire (Revelation 20:11-15; Revelation 21:8).

There will be no second sacrifice for sins and no second resurrection from the second death.

Cain killing Abel is the prototype of Gog coming against God's people. The seed of Satan will be at enmity against the woman's seed until the very end which results in Satan's final destruction in the lake of fire, but for a thousand years Satan will be prevented from harming them. The close of the sabbath in the Garden of Eden = the close of the sabbath of the thousand years. But second time it happens that the sabbath closes with Satan's deception will be the last time, and it will be the end of all rebellion because Satan and all not found in the Lamb's Book of Life will be destroyed in the lake of fire - the Valley of Hamon-Gog.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Note: Gog and his armies cannot come against a people that had been dwelling in peace, safety and prosperity in the land before the reconciling and reunification of Israel and Judah and the reconciling of ALL Israel to God (and restoration to the land of their fathers) has taken place - because the prophecy involves the latter as having already taken place before Gog comes up against them.
This is right, in no way will God save the present Jewish State of Israel.
Those Jesus rejecting people face punishment and only a remnant will survive.

People who believe in a restoration of Jewish Israel, are mistaken and fail to see the many Prophesies that plainly say how they will be uprooted out of the holy Land, Jeremiah 12:14, Isaiah 6:11-13, +
It will be the Christian peoples who will be occupying all of the holy Land, THEY will make a Covenant with the Lord for His protection and Blessings. Jeremiah 32:40-41, Hebrews 8:8-9 We Christians are the Overcomers for God; His Israelite peoples.

Davidpt

Dec 6, 2023
East Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Let me try and explain why I do. Let's start with the following.

Ezekiel 37:22 And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all:
23 Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them out of all their dwellingplaces, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be my people, and I will be their God.

Verse 23 says this---Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions

Let's compare with some of Ezekiel 38-39.

Ezekiel 38:8 After many days thou shalt be visited: in the latter years thou shalt come into the land that is brought back from the sword, and is gathered out of many people, against the mountains of Israel, which have been always waste: but it is brought forth out of the nations, and they shall dwell safely all of them.

Does what I submitted per verse 23 in ch 37 fit these in verse 8 at this point? We need to do some more investigating, so to speak, before we can determine that.

Ezekiel 38:16 And thou shalt come up against my people of Israel, as a cloud to cover the land; it shall be in the latter days, and I will bring thee against my land, that the heathen may know me, when I shall be sanctified in thee, O Gog, before their eyes.

One reason it says Gog and his multitude will come up against His ppl Israel is so the heathen may know Him, and that this happens in the last days. Where it involves being sanctified in thee, O Gog, before their eyes.

Let's skip ahead to ch 39 and verse 7-8.

Ezekiel 39:7 So will I make my holy name known in the midst of my people Israel; and I will not let them pollute my holy name any more: and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, the Holy One in Israel.
8 Behold, it is come, and it is done, saith the Lord GOD; this is the day whereof I have spoken.

These verses are meaning once Ezekiel 38:18-23 has been fulfilled, where verses 1-6 and verses 17-20 in ch 39 are expanding further, in regards to what Ezekiel 38:18-23 is involving.

Which then begs the question. If Ezekiel 39:7 records--So will I make my holy name known in the midst of my people Israel; and I will not let them pollute my holy name any more---how then is it reasonable that what I initially submitted per verse 23 in ch 37, that those things are already true before Ezekiel 39:7 is true first?

Ezekiel 37:23 Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions---Ezekiel 39:7 So will I make my holy name known in the midst of my people Israel; and I will not let them pollute my holy name any more

If Ezekiel 37:23 was already true before everything involving Ezekiel 38 is true, why then, after He executes His judgment on Gog and his multitude, this still being something that hasn't even been fulfilled yet, does He then need do what is recorded in verse 7 if Ezekiel 37:23 is already true before verse 7 is true?

Ezekiel 39:21 And I will set my glory among the heathen, and all the heathen shall see my judgment that I have executed, and my hand that I have laid upon them.
22 So the house of Israel shall know that I am the LORD their God from that day and forward.

These verses make it clear that it is not until He has executed His judgment on Gog and his multitude first, that it is from that day and forward the house of Israel shall know that He is the LORD their God. Which then makes nonsense out of Ezekiel 39:22 if we already have Ezekiel 37:23 being applicable before He executes His judgment on Gog and his multitude. Therefore, in Ezekiel 37 there are gaps to factor in, thus some of the text is compressed, and that Ezekiel 38-39 fill in some of these gaps. The only thing that can possibly explain Ezekiel 38-39 is the Jews having returned back to their land close to the middle of the 20th century. Nothing else fits since God hasn't even executed His judgment on Gog and his multitude yet.

23 And the heathen shall know that the house of Israel went into captivity for their iniquity: because they trespassed against me, therefore hid I my face from them, and gave them into the hand of their enemies: so fell they all by the sword.
24 According to their uncleanness and according to their transgressions have I done unto them, and hid my face from them.

IMO, 70 AD tends to explain when this initially happened.

25 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Now will I bring again the captivity of Jacob, and have mercy upon the whole house of Israel, and will be jealous for my holy name;
26 After that they have borne their shame, and all their trespasses whereby they have trespassed against me, when they dwelt safely in their land, and none made them afraid.
27 When I have brought them again from the people, and gathered them out of their enemies' lands, and am sanctified in them in the sight of many nations;
28 Then shall they know that I am the LORD their God, which caused them to be led into captivity among the heathen: but I have gathered them unto their own land, and have left none of them any more there.

Obviously, verse 27 is pertaining to what Ezekiel 38:8 is involving, where that verse is setting the stage for everything that follows in ch 38-39.

29 Neither will I hide my face any more from them: for I have poured out my spirit upon the house of Israel, saith the Lord GOD.

This is meaning after God executes His judgment on Gog and his multitude, an event that hasn't even happened yet. And now, as of verse 29, some of what is recorded in ch 37 is true, such as what I submitted per verse 23, thus wasn't already true prior to God executing His judgment on Gog and his multitude first.

One thing seems clear to me. Assuming the thousand years follow the 2nd coming, not one single thing recorded in Ezekiel 38-39 is meaning after a thousand years after the 2nd coming. Until God executes His judgment on Gog and his multitude first, He in the meantime is still hiding His face from the house of Israel meant in these 2 chapters. IOW, it makes zero sense that after Christ has returned, that He would still be hiding His face from them for another thousand years. And we haven't even factored in the aftermath here involving Ezekiel 39:9 and Ezekiel 39:12. That has to fit after He executes His judgment on Gog and his multitude first. Those verses make zero sense if meaning after satans's little season, but prior to the GWTJ, assuming both are meaning after the 2nd coming, thus Premil.

And I don't see Amil working here since Ezekiel 39:9 and Ezekiel 39:12 has to fit after God executes His judgment on Gog and his multitude. And if that happens during the 2nd coming, Amil then can't explain these 7 years and these 7 months.

Last edited:

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Let me try and explain why I do. Let's start with the following.
I had to truncate your post because this AI seems to count your characters with mine;

I see God's holy name being sanctified twice:

Once when He destroys the beast and brings ALL Israel into the land of their fathers - the 144,000 of the Revelation and the saints following Christ when He comes to destroy the beast and false prophet.

I do not view the "ALL Israel" living in the land of the fathers as per Ezekiel chapters 36 to 39 as non-resurrected saints.

The second time God's holy name is sanctified is when Gog is judged and his armies destroyed:

7 Now when the thousand years are finished, Satan will be released from his prison
8 and will go out to deceive the nations at the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to bring them together for the battle. They are as numerous as the grains of sand in the sea.
9 They went up on the broad plain of the earth and encircled the camp of the saints and the beloved city, but fire came down from heaven and devoured them completely.
10 And the devil who deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet are too, and they will be tormented there day and night forever and ever.

It is God Himself who will sanctify His holy name, and not for our sakes or their sakes (not for Israel's sakes), but for His holy name's sake because His holy name is mocked by the heathen's mocking when they see the utter defeat of God's people (and their defeat is filled up and completed by their exile from the land of their fathers).

You used the word "the Jews". I see this as far more than just "the Jews". Jews are only 1 tribe of 12 tribes, and only 12,000 of 144,000 people who have faith in the name of Jesus (which I believe is a symbolic number for the multitudes who came out from the great tribulation).

The prophecy itself is speaking to ALL the tribes - to both Israel (i.e the "lost" 10 tribes of the Northern kingdom whom God judged) as well as to Judah (the 2 tribes of the Southern kingdom).

Like tens of thousands of Orthodox Rabbis in Israel and in the USA, I do not believe that the prophecy has been in any way, shape or form fulfilled by secular Jews (who do not believe in Jesus), who started the Zionist movement in the late 1800's, and with the help of the U.K and the (United) Nations, established a Jewish territory in 1948 which did not even include Judea / Samaria (a.k.a "The West Bank"), and called this territory "Israel".

I do not believe the Jews are living in unwalled villages in peace and safety in any part of Judea / Samaria (a.k.a "The West Bank").

This does not mean that I think the ambitions of the Zionists was or is illegitimate, nor do I believe the Jews' claim to the territory is illegitimate, but like tens of thousands of Orthodox Jewish Rabbis, I do not believe that the time for the fulfillment of the prophecy has come yet - because it's something that God will accomplish, and He did not "accomplish" it through secular Zionist Jewish leaders.

I love Israel - which I have never had the privilege of visiting - and I have a love for Jewish people. But I do not confuse my feelings with God's ways, the way Dispensational and most Evangelical Christians do.

I do not believe that the people God is talking to in Ezekiel 36 through 39 is referring to anyone who is not found in Christ through faith in Christ when the beast is judged, nor is it talking to non-resurrected saints.

It's talking about what will take place any time between now and the start of the thousand years, and again at the close of the thousand years.

IMO.

I don't see a chronology between the fulfillment of the verses you quote, but repeats of the same original statement, i.e Eze.37:24-28 and Ezekiel 39:23-29 are just reiterating the same original promises which we read in Eze 36:8-12, 22-28.

But God's holy name will be vindicated in the sight of all the nations twice:

Once when the beast and his armies are judged and destroyed, and again when Gog and his armies are judged and destroyed (and this is the only reason I can see why Eze.39:17-21 seems to fulfill both the judgment of the beast in Revelation 19, and of Gog in Ezekiel 39).

In each case, the house of Israel will know that God is the LORD their God, from that day forward.

In each case, the nations will know that it was God who judged Israel for their sins and caused them to be exiled from His land in the first place, and it was God who restored them, and reconciled both kingdoms of Israel, joining them into one nation, and brought them back.

Ezekiel 39
21 "I will display my majesty among the nations. All the nations will witness the judgment I have executed, and the power I have exhibited among them.
22 Then the house of Israel will know that I am the LORD their God, from that day forward.
23 The nations will know that the house of Israel went into exile due to their iniquity, for they were unfaithful to me. So I hid my face from them and handed them over to their enemies; all of them died by the sword.
24 According to their uncleanness and rebellion I have dealt with them, and I hid my face from them.

Then Ezekiel closes with God reiterating the promise He made in Ezekiel 36:

@Davidpt This part of the promise:

Ezekiel 37
26 And I will cut a covenant of peace with them. It shall be an everlasting covenant with them. And I will place them, and multiply them, and will set My sanctuary in their midst forever.
27 And My tabernacle shall be with them. Yea, I will be their God, and they shall be My people.
28 And the nations shall know that I the LORD sanctify Israel, when My sanctuary shall be in their midst forever.

.. is found in the Revelation also in respect of both the NHNE (Rev.ch. 21) and in respect of those who came out from Great Tribulation (Rev. ch. 7)

Last edited:

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
What people seem to be unable to comprehend, is how it will be the Christian peoples who will occupy all of the holy land, soon after the Lord has cleared and cleansed it by His Day of fiery wrath; the soon to happen Sixth Seal worldwide disaster.

My people were like lost sheep:
Jeremiah 46:27-28 But Jacob, My servant Israel, do not be afraid, from afar I shall bring you back safe and your children from the lands where they are captives. Jacob will be at rest once more, secure and untroubled.
Do not be afraid, Jacob, My servant, for I am with you. I shall make an end of all the nations amongst whom I have dispersed you; but of you I will not make an end. I shall discipline you as you deserve – not wholly unpunished. Zephaniah 1:14-18

Jeremiah 48:2 Moab is no more, in Heshbon, they plot her downfall. Also you will be cut down O Madman, the sword will pursue you.

In Hebrew, madman can be translated as Mahomet – very significant. The rest of chapter 48 is judgement on Moab and Ammon – seems to be historical, but modern Jordanian Arab Muslim peoples inhabit those areas today.] v6 Yet after this, I will restore the fortunes of Moab & Ammon

Jeremiah 49:7-22 the destruction of Edom. You will not escape punishment, for by My life, says the Lord, Bozrah will become a desolation forever. Edom will be an object of horror. No one will live there again. Look; an eagle with outspread wings will swoop down against Bozrah. On that Day, Edom’s warriors will lose heart for battle. Isaiah 63:1-6

Jeremiah 49:23 The destruction of Damascus [Syria] v22 I shall kindle a fire in Damascus. Isaiah 17:1
Jeremiah 49:28 Come, attack Kedar and Hazor [Arabia] They will become a haunt of jackals, desolate forever and no one will live there.
Jeremiah 49:34-39 The word of the Lord concerning Elam [Iran] I shall break the bow of Elam, the chief weapon of their might. [nuclear weapons] I will vent My fierce anger on them in disaster, until I make an end to them. Yet in days to come, I shall restore the fortunes of Elam. Psalms 11:4-6, Habakkuk 3:12
Jeremiah 50:1 The word of the Lord about Babylon, land of the Chaldeans [Iraq] you will be a desolate wasteland, all men and beasts have fled and gone.

Jeremiah 50:4-7 In those days and at that time, the people of Israel and Judah will come together and in tears, go in search of the Lord their God. They will go to Zion, saying: “Come let us join ourselves to the Lord in an everlasting covenant.” My people were like lost sheep, wandering far from their sheepfold. [this must be before the Return of Jesus] Their enemies devoured them without guilt, because they had sinned against the Lord.

Jeremiah 50:14 Marshal your forces and encircle Babylon, you whose bows are ready strung, shoot at her – spare not your arrows.

Jeremiah 50:17-18 Israel is a scattered flock, chased by lions, first by Assyria, then Babylon chewed their bones. Therefore, I shall punish Babylon as I did Assyria. [in these end times, Babylon and Assyria is an allegory for all the heathen nations]

Jeremiah 50:19-20 But I shall bring Israel back to his own pasture, on Ephraim’s hills and in Gilead, he will eat his fill. In those days, says the Lord, when that time comes, a search will be made for Israel’s guilt, but there will be none, for those whom I leave as a remnant, I shall pardon.

The name of Israel is used by the ancient Prophets, but now after the Advent of Jesus, we know that salvation is available to everyone, John 3:16, and it will be people from every tribe, race, nation and language, that will inherit all of the holy Land. Revelation 5:9-10, John sees the faithful Christian peoples in the holy Land in Revelation 7:9
Theu will be divided into 12 groups, each called after one of the sons of Jacob.
Reference: REB, NIV, KJV some verses abridged

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Jay, the great tribulation takes place in the 7 years following the Gog/Magog event in Ezekiel 39. In the near future.

At the end of those 7 years is Armageddon in verses 17-20. And Jesus's return to this earth in verses 21-29 to end the great tribulation.

Jesus, then, having returned to this earth, sends his angels out to bring all of the house of Israel back to the land of Israel in verse 28, corresponding to Matthew 24:31.

And then the thousand year millennium begins.

At the end of the thousand years, Satan is released from the bottomless pit prison, and is allowed to deceive the nations again for a short period of time, unspecified. Among those nations will be the same nations making up Gog and Magog, of the Ezekiel 39 event a thousand years earlier. Revelation 20:8.

And one last battle to surround and destroy the camp of the saints - Israel. But the attackers will be destroyed by fire coming down from God out of heaven. Revelation 20:9

-----------------------------------------------------------------

So we have to keep those two episodes involving the Gog-Magog nations straight. One event 7 years before Jesus returns. Which is the one we are expecting right now. And then later, another event at the end of the thousand years. Looking forward to seeing you in those thousand years, in our redeemed everlasting bodies.

Be encouraged.
You are not doing Matthew 24 in the order you allege then. The AoD is the first 3.5 years, then the time of Jacob's trouble starts. Is the AoD set up still during the 2nd 3.5 years?

Then Israel becomes a nation to finish the order as stated, after the Second Coming.

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is absolute total confusion to not even talk about its twisting of scripture and distortion..
My chart does disagree with the SDA premise of "days" in eschatology are actually "years"

My chart does not conflict with scripture - but it does disagree with SDA eschatology. SDA eschatology tries to makeup for the SDA "great disappointment" that Jesus did not return in 1844 (I think, please correct me if I am wrong about the year) and EGWhite coming up with "investigative judgement" SDA doctrine to make up for the great disappointment.

the bema seat of Christ 3.jpg

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hobie, please go to this thread and describe yourself.