It is not in the bible.....sola scripture

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
this is what is required to make the man Jesus into God, see. Warping one doctrine leads to the creation of another warped doctrine to explain it. All because "God is the head of Christ" is not sufficient for those who wish to wield power, or be perceived as incorruptible.
I believe the problem here is that if Jesus is not God, then we're worshipping a man.

Why did Jesus forgive sin?
Only God can forgive sin.

How did He heal?
What about the resurrection?

I know what you're talking about...
I just can't accept it.

If Jesus thought He was God and wasn't,
He would have had to be crazy.

God is the head of Christ. goes to the ORDER in the Trinity.

There is:
Person
Attribute
Order

The order is:
GOD
SON
HOLY SPIRIT

Maybe some deny the Trinity because it's so difficult to understand?
Do we have to understand everything about God?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
If Jesus thought He was God and wasn't,
He would have had to be crazy.
got a quote? Cuz all mine quote Jesus calling himself "Son of Man."
now whether the RCC has turned that into some kinda code for "Son of God" or not is another matter, and i would direct you to your comment about simple phrases being (deliberately) misinterpreted

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
who told you to worship Jesus?
Catch 22.

If we worship Him, He must be God.
If He's God, we should worship Him.

What makes ME worship Him is that if He wasn't God,
He was crazy. I think I said this up there.
I can't have any respect for a crazy man...
not even as a good teacher.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Maybe some deny the Trinity because it's so difficult to understand?
maybe some deny the Trinity because it is crap, too. A doctrine of men designed to divide, enforced by law at one point, traceable to zero verses of Scripture, and ignoring much Scripture that suggests otherwise. It is another way to turn Christ into Nehushtan, to boot.

The fruit of Trinity doctrine speaks for itself, you ask me.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
got a quote? Cuz all mine quote Jesus calling himself "Son of Man."
now whether the RCC has turned that into some kinda code for "Son of God" or not is another matter, and i would direct you to your comment about simple phrases being (deliberately) misinterpreted
Do you think I'm Catholic??
I'm not.

Son of Man is a term used in the O.T.
It meant MESSIAH, the awaited one, the annointed one.
It's from Daniel 7.

I looked on the net to post something, but the best I could do is get a link. I hope you read it...

Why Is Jesus Called “Son of Man”? | Desiring God

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Catch 22.

If we worship Him, He must be God.
If He's God, we should worship Him.

What makes ME worship Him is that if He wasn't God,
He was crazy. I think I said this up there.
I can't have any respect for a crazy man...
not even as a good teacher.
well then BAM if you run across any quotes from Jesus suggesting that He thought Himself to be God, then i would run. But don't worry, they are not in There.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah, the ‘everyone with a brain’ explaination! I should of used that instead of all the doctrine stuff

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
maybe some deny the Trinity because it is crap, too. A doctrine of men designed to divide, enforced by law at one point, traceable to zero verses of Scripture, and ignoring much Scripture that suggests otherwise. It is another way to turn Christ into Nehushtan, to boot.

The fruit of Trinity doctrine speaks for itself, you ask me.
Who's Nehushtan?

I know what you're talking about.
I'm not going to argue this out.
If you cannot accept Jesus as God, but you can accept Him as the Son of God, I truly don't think salvation is at issue. Although some will tell you it is. I don't believe our doctrine will save us, but our very life.
If we have the spirit of God, we will be with God, if we have not His spirit, how could we go to be with Him.

I do want to say though that Jesus did say to baptize in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

What about Titus 2:13
What about Thomas' declaration: My Lord and My God.
The resurrection? Did it happen?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Do you think I'm Catholic??
I'm not.

Son of Man is a term used in the O.T.
It meant MESSIAH, the awaited one, the annointed one.
It's from Daniel 7.

I looked on the net to post something, but the best I could do is get a link. I hope you read it...

Why Is Jesus Called “Son of Man”? | Desiring God
ya, we've already had this convo, and your perspective is as Catholic then as it is now imo.
nothing wrong with that, if you feel compelled to worship spiritual bread then who am i?

or another pov is given us by the Wanderers in the Wilderness, hoarding manna, that you might reflect on in relation to this concept.

another one is to see how making Jesus into God means you really don't have to follow Christ, because after all He is God and you cannot possibly ever be God, right?

so then what God has joined together--"God is the head of Christ"--men have split asunder--"Jesus is God."

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Son of Man means ‘every man’

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
ya, we've already had this convo, and your perspective is as Catholic then as it is now imo.
nothing wrong with that, if you feel compelled to worship spiritual bread then who am i?

or another pov is given us by the Wanderers in the Wilderness, hoarding manna, that you might reflect on in relation to this concept.

another one is to see how making Jesus into God means you really don't have to follow Christ, because after all He is God and you cannot possibly ever be God, right?

so then what God has joined together--"God is the head of Christ"--men have split asunder--"Jesus is God."
1. What does bread have to do with this?

2. Jesus being God is not a Catholic thing. Protestants also believe Jesus is God.

3. Hoarding manna? What does manna have to do with this?
You want we should talk about manna? OK. But not here...

4. Well, see you don't know about the hypostatic union. It has nothing to do with electricity. Jesus was God, but He was man too, so, yes, we could actually follow Him! This was the point for Him coming down here to this dreadful earth. (compared to heaven).

5. Last, but not least... You don't know who you are???
You're bb !!