It is not in the bible.....sola scripture

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's the teaching of the RCC but it is not based on the Bible. I've provided you with the biblical evidence at #1599. Be honest: Jesus can't have any half brothers ans sisters without the sexual intercourse of Joseph & Mary. If Mary didn't give birth to these extra children, did she have extra-marital sex with somebody.

First Jesus Christ alone founded the one true church Matt 16:18 and said Lk 10:16 it teaches thee faith eph 4:5 Jude 1:3

the brothers here could be children of Joseph from a prior marriage but more l ok likley cousins,
Brothers and sisters of Jesus?

They are not the children of Mary!

Is 7:14 a virgin shall conceive and bear a son!
(One son, singular)

James is the son of zebedee, and the other James is the son of Alpheus not Joseph!
Matt 10:2-3

In Hebrew culture any close relative can be called brother or sister, lot was called Abraham’s brother but was his nephew.

Gen 12:5 and Abram took Sarai his wife, and Lot his brother's son..

Gen 13:8 And Abram said unto Lot, Let there be no strife, I pray thee, between me and thee, and between my herdsmen and thy herdsmen; for we are Brothers.

The 12 sons of Jacob are brothers but all are not the children of Leah and all are not the children of Rachel! They may be brothers and sisters but they are simply not the children of Blessed Mary ever Virgin mother of God!

Jose’s, Simon Salome are children of another Mary!

Mk 15:40 There were also women looking on afar off: among whom was Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James the less and of Joses, and Salome;

Reactions: Marymog

Spurgeon's Girl

Sep 18, 2020
CHANDLER
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First Jesus Christ alone founded the one true church Matt 16:18 and said Lk 10:16 it teaches thee faith eph 4:5 Jude 1:3

None of these verses say what you think they say. Adding to scripture is a serious sin. Read about it in Revelation 22:18-19

18 I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book:
if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book, 19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.

the brothers here could be children of Joseph from a prior marriage but more l ok likley cousins,
Brothers and sisters of Jesus?

They are not the children of Mary!

Could be, likely all adds to rank speculation. The Bible says that Jesus had brothers. No could be or likely. It's a fact.

Is 7:14 a virgin shall conceive and bear a son!
(One son, singular)

James is the son of zebedee, and the other James is the son of Alpheus not Joseph!
Matt 10:2-3

The Bible says that a virgin will bear a son. The rest is speculation.

In Hebrew culture any close relative can be called brother or sister, lot was called Abraham’s brother but was his nephew.

Gen 12:5 and Abram took Sarai his wife, and Lot his brother's son..

Gen 13:8 And Abram said unto Lot, Let there be no strife, I pray thee, between me and thee, and between my herdsmen and thy herdsmen; for we are Brothers.

The 12 sons of Jacob are brothers but all are not the children of Leah and all are not the children of Rachel! They may be brothers and sisters but they are simply not the children of Blessed Mary ever Virgin mother of God!

Jose’s, Simon Salome are children of another Mary!

Mk 15:40 There were also women looking on afar off: among whom was Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James the less and of Joses, and Salome;

You seem to be desperate to prove from the Bible what the Bible says with Catholic lenses. You need a new prescription, because yours aren't doing any justice.

You have never answered a single question that we have put to you. Are you hiding from the truth?

Reactions: amigo de christo

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
None of these verses say what you think they say. Adding to scripture is a serious sin. Read about it in Revelation 22:18-19

if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book, 19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.

Please, Spurgeon's Girl, interpret Rev 22:18 in context. The context is the Book of Revelation and does not refer to adding to Scripture. It refers to adding to the prophecies in the Book of Revelation.

By the way, I do not support adding to Scripture via allegorical or postmodern-deconstruction-reader response interpretation.

Oz

Reactions: Marymog and Truman

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Please, Spurgeon's Girl, interpret Rev 22:18 in context. The context is the Book of Revelation and does not refer to adding to Scripture. It refers to adding to the prophecies in the Book of Revelation.

By the way, I do not support adding to Scripture via allegorical or postmodern-deconstruction-reader response interpretation.

Oz
Good catch.

Reactions: OzSpen

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
All have sinned...everyone descended from Adam except Jesus, whose Father is God. The Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world. Shalom.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All have sinned...everyone descended from Adam except Jesus, whose Father is God. The Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world. Shalom.
Sound it out till the last breath my friend . Everyone needs the savoir . Jesus was the only sinless one .
mary was part of israel , and all have sinned , which means JESUS paid the price of her sins too . JESUS alone never sinned .
LET the GLORIOUS KING JESUS be praised . The name above all names . THE RISEN SAVOIR , CHRIST THE KING .

Reactions: Truman

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Could be, likely all adds to rank speculation. The Bible says that Jesus had brothers. No could be or likely. It's a fact.

You seem to be desperate to prove from the Bible what the Bible says with Catholic lenses. You need a new prescription, because yours aren't doing any justice.

You have never answered a single question that we have put to you. Are you hiding from the truth?
Yes and also remember what peter once said , they twist other scriptures as well unto their own destruction .
NO scripture is to be twisted or omitted . Not just the book of revelation . But we are to not twist any of those scriptures .
But many do . here is one , LET no man beguile you of your reward in a humility of worshipping angels .
And who prays to saints and angels . exactly . We wont let them beguile us of our reward and convince us to pray to mary or saints
or saint gabriel , angel gabriel . ROME is twisting many of the scrips and is a beguiler of rewards .
Remember what was written in revelation . LET no man take THY crown . Many are crown takers , for they are seducers .
Paul knew . And no marvel , if satans own ministirs can appear as ministirs of rigthteouness . Warn the peoples .
Stay in those bibles and test everything that men do say and teach against that holy doctrine .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no ill will in my heart for one single soul . I warn because i love .
We will all one day stand before JESUS . And no man wants to hear the words , DEPART from ME i never knew you .
Go back to those bibles and start learning and re reading things for your own selves . Please .

Reactions: Spurgeon's Girl

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Will you leave me also , JESUS said . And they said , BUT UNTO whom would we go , YOU HAVE the WORDS of eternal life .
Every word of JESUS is pure and lovely and those apostels HAD the Spirit and spoke and wrote the truth . Let us feast on those bibles
my friend . And learn ALL the HOLY Scriptures as well . For every example was written for our learning , our admonition
that we do not lust after the evil things they did . EVERY WORD of GOD IS PURE and LOVELY and worketh GOOD unto the soul
of the one who does hear and DO those sayings . We must armour up , more than ever . I am beholding a falling away
going viral as we speak and LA madre neogra de muerte , LEADS IT . Her name is the dark or black mother of death .
SHE was a harlot from her birth , LEt no man heed her voice . She has grown and decked herself with many presccious jewels
Her outward beauty is above that of her evil daughters . But within her are dead mens bones and her paths lead unto the dead
and her end the second death . Steer clear of her voice . HEED only the voice of the Great SHEPARD JESUS CHRIST . .

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The wrong lenses and a new prescription indeed .
having eyes many see not and having ears they hear not . They see only through the carnal lens of men .
And the carnal mind of man is enmity with GOD and cannot be subjected unto the things that be of GOD .
Flee ye one and flee ye all from the traps that men have set . And run ye one and run ye all to the true BIBLICAL JESUS .
PRAISE THE GLORIOUS KING .

Reactions: Spurgeon's Girl

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Not sure who this woman is but I understand that she may be a catholic idol? I have learned that it is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, not Father, Son, and Holy Bible.
Depending on where you are, the church (not her real name) of Jesus (not His real name) is full of twisted scripture (not Twisted Sister). I find Twisted Sister funny but not twisted scripture. "Apply your heart to instruction and your ears to words of knowledge." Proverbs 23:12 NIV Yeshua lives in me and when I listen, I hear him. Shalom.

Spurgeon's Girl

Sep 18, 2020
CHANDLER
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually - this notion has been destroyed over and over and over again in the following thread - an NO solid refutation has been offered . . .
Perpetual virginity of Mary!

If you don't believe what the Bible says, that's on you. No proof on your side, just wild speculation and wishful thinking.

I believe the Bible, not RCC guesses that seemingly propose one theory to support another. Massive failure of this church to believe the Bible.

Oz

I understand that Revelation is about Revelation. It's no surprise to me. But it was an example of the consequences. Every time they twist scripture to suit some aberrant idea, they are adding their own beliefs onto the Bible. It's eisegesis.

Spurgeon's Girl

Sep 18, 2020
CHANDLER
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually - this notion has been destroyed over and over and over again in the following thread - an NO solid refutation has been offered . . .
Perpetual virginity of Mary!

Are you saying that you don't believe the plain reading of scripture? This has been solidly refuted by a book known as the Holy Bible. All you have is yet more speculation and guessing.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you don't believe what the Bible says, that's on you. No proof on your side, just wild speculation and wishful thinking.

I believe the Bible, not RCC guesses that seemingly propose one theory to support another. Massive failure of this church to believe the Bible.
First of all - WHAT Church are you talking about? What is "RCC"??

Secondly - NOWHERE does the Bible ever mention Mary having other children.
If YOU can show me that verse - I will leave the Catholic Church today and join YOUR sect.

Finally - contrary to what you claim - there is NO proof that Mary had a child other than Jesus - just "wild speculation" and "wishful thinking" . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you saying that you don't believe the plain reading of scripture? This has been solidly refuted by a book known as the Holy Bible. All you have is yet more speculation and guessing.
Then SHOW me the verse.
The onus is on YOU to prove it.

Last edited: