It's your responsibility to stay in faith, until you grow. Fidelity, grows the soul. (growing?)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi there,

So something that really helped me, a lot, when I realised it, was that it is our responsibility to remain in faith, until we grow. This is a delegation of talent, that God has given us, to be patient and expectant. If we are patient, our faith will remain alive to us; if we are expectant, then we will be ready to receive the fruit the Lord has for us. These two things go together, because we are expected to maintain our responsibility in the spirit. If the Holy Spirit empowers us, we will accomplish all things, how we accomplish them is down to our faith. If then our responsibility rests on faith and faith gives us power, the only way to grow strong is to abide in that faith, until power causes us to grow. The point is to seek the Holy Spirit, and then abide.

So then, we have the Holy Spirit's approval, and we are growing - but what is the mystery that keeps these two together? It is fidelity! Why? Because fidelity causes growth, but more than that, it specifically causes our soul to grow. If our soul grows, all manner of power is ours. This is a marvelous thing, it shows that there is a hierarchy of faith that we are able to grow in. Works add to this! We that have an abundance of soul, are able to do an abundance of work. We should want to praise the Lord all the more ("Have you not read, "I have perfected praise, in the mouths of children""). This is still dependent on the Lord being willing, but in the spirit of what is being said here, we ought to look to Jesus being greatly willing. This is power.

So these two things combined then, make one fully ready to bear fruit and strong integrity. While we wait for our soul to grow, we have fidelity to search out, and when we have found fidelity, we have all the more reason to grow. The Holy Spirit grows out of this. The Holy Spirit wants to grow with us. With the Holy Spirit we are able to grow even more in fidelity, even more in general growth. This is the growth that keeps us from corruption, which is a kind of conforming to the will of the Lord. In Heaven, our souls will be infinitely strong, our fidelity infinitely forbearing. There will be nothing that can stand against us - indeed the praise of the Holy Spirit is already being heard throughout the world, at this stage. It won't be long before the world will not be able to contain it. In humility, we must remember to take the place the Lord has for us.

I hope this has been of some encouragement.

God bless.