Jahbulon - Godhead of Freemasonry (something to contemplate or not)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mikey-for-sure

Jul 6, 2023
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jahbulon - the 3 person divinity of Freemasonry

The 3 person or gods are JHVH (using the Tetragrammaton in this study of a pseudochristian idol) for Jah, Baal for Bul, and Osiris for On - JahBulOn.

Are they in the bible? - yes sirree bob. Jah and bul need no elaboration. But On may need a little explanation. Osiris is the Egyptian fertility god that hovered back and forth from the under world and Tammuz of babylon fame seems to fit the explanation for the palestinian area. So there you have it, the economic triadic of Jahbulon right there in the bible.

While the Jahbulon the name is not in the Bible, there are verses where you find the hint of some plurality in the Godhead

"Then God said, ‘Let us make human beings in our image, after our likeness, to have dominion over the fish in the sea, the birds of the air, the cattle, all wild animals on land, and everything that creeps on the earth.’" (Gen 1:26)

"But he said, ‘The man has become like one of us, knowing good and evil; what if he now reaches out and takes fruit from the tree of life also, and eats it and lives for ever?’" (Gen 3:22)

I paraphrase some source
"Neither the word Jahbulon nor the explicit doctrine of 3 gods in one appears in the bible, as it may contradict the Shema in the Hebrew Scriptures: “Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord” (Deuteronomy 6:4). "

I hijack BB Warfield "A doctrine so defined can be spoken of as a Biblical doctrine only on the principle that the sense of Scripture is Scripture." In other words, if it sort of looks like scripture and has cultural and political ramifications, why not.

Belief in the Jahbulon, therefore, is a matter of our accepting divine revelation

Still there is a distinction that God the Father is unique in His position as the Supreme God....God Almighty.

By saying something is not "biblical" is not necessarily to say it is "unbiblical." In that sense one may say the "Jahbulon formula" is not biblical.

But the principle of the Jahbulon as 3 distinct divine Persons is, in fact, in the Bible. Therefore Jahbulon doctrine can in another sense be said to be fully "biblical." :)

What do you think or feel or blether?

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What do you think or feel or blether

Freemasonry is not Christian.
At most it could be described as a gnostic sub christian sect, at worst in line with your post it is actively pagan.

All Christian belief has to be substantiated by the bible.
What you have written is not supported by the bible as being either Christian or permitted by God tobe worshipped.

Reactions: The Learner

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Mikey-for-sure There are other gods mentioned in the bible. Do you know how much trouble the Israelites got into for following other gods?
" Here's just one incident. Do you know what happened to these guys?
He(Elijah) said, “I have not troubled Israel, but you and your father’s house have, because you have forsaken the commandments of the Lord and you have followed the Baals. Now then send and gather to me all Israel at Mount Carmel, together with 450 prophets of Baal and 400 prophets of the Asherah, who eat at Jezebel’s table.”

Here's what happened:
22 Then Elijah said to them, “I am the only one of the Lord’s prophets left, but Baal has four hundred and fifty prophets. 23 Get two bulls for us. Let Baal’s prophets choose one for themselves, and let them cut it into pieces and put it on the wood but not set fire to it. I will prepare the other bull and put it on the wood but not set fire to it. 24 Then you call on the name of your god, and I will call on the name of the Lord. The god who answers by fire—he is God.”
Then all the people said, “What you say is good.”
25 Elijah said to the prophets of Baal, “Choose one of the bulls and prepare it first, since there are so many of you. Call on the name of your god, but do not light the fire.” 26 So they took the bull given them and prepared it.
Then they called on the name of Baal from morning till noon. “Baal, answer us!” they shouted. But there was no response; no one answered. And they danced around the altar they had made.
27 At noon Elijah began to taunt them. “Shout louder!” he said. “Surely he is a god! Perhaps he is deep in thought, or busy, or traveling. Maybe he is sleeping and must be awakened.” 28 So they shouted louder and slashed themselves with swords and spears, as was their custom, until their blood flowed. 29 Midday passed, and they continued their frantic prophesying until the time for the evening sacrifice. But there was no response, no one answered, no one paid attention.
30 Then Elijah said to all the people, “Come here to me.” They came to him, and he repaired the altar of the Lord, which had been torn down. 31 Elijah took twelve stones, one for each of the tribes descended from Jacob, to whom the word of the Lord had come, saying, “Your name shall be Israel.” 32 With the stones he built an altar in the name of the Lord, and he dug a trench around it large enough to hold two seahs of seed. 33 He arranged the wood, cut the bull into pieces and laid it on the wood. Then he said to them, “Fill four large jars with water and pour it on the offering and on the wood.”
“Do it a third time,” he ordered, and they did it the third time. 35 The water ran down around the altar and even filled the trench.
36 At the time of sacrifice, the prophet Elijah stepped forward and prayed: “Lord, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Israel, let it be known today that you are God in Israel and that I am your servant and have done all these things at your command. 37 Answer me, Lord, answer me, so these people will know that you, Lord, are God, and that you are turning their hearts back again.”
38 Then the fire of the Lord fell and burned up the sacrifice, the wood, the stones and the soil, and also licked up the water in the trench.
39 When all the people saw this, they fell prostrate and cried, “The Lord—he is God! The Lord—he is God!”

40 Then Elijah commanded them, “Seize the prophets of Baal. Don’t let anyone get away!” They seized them, and Elijah had them brought down to the Kishon Valley and slaughtered there".

So Baal was powerless. And how about tammuz?

Tammuz was a Babylonian god. If he was a part of the "us" of creation, or the "us" of let us go down and confound their language at the tower of Babel Gen 11:7
"Come, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.", then why did God get angry at this:

Eze 8:13-15 : "He said also unto me, Turn thee yet again, and thou shalt see greater abominations that they do.
14 Then he brought me to the door of the gate of the Lord's house which was toward the north; and, behold, there sat women weeping for Tammuz.
15 Then said he unto me, Hast thou seen this, O son of man? turn thee yet again, and thou shalt see greater abominations than these."

When the Israelites got around other cultures, instead of telling them about the LORD, they adopted their gods.

God did some powerful things that other lands saw and heard. (Sodom, the plagues). some nations were in fear of God, because their gods could not do these things. Israel could have been a great witness for the LORD, but they chose not to.

I

Mikey-for-sure

Jul 6, 2023
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Freemasonry is not Christian.
At most it could be described as a gnostic sub christian sect, at worst in line with your post it is actively pagan.
You are right, works inspired by plato, or by philo should be strictly avoided. Why impose a systematic on Christian thought that seamlessly fits with pagan philosophy.
All Christian belief has to be substantiated by the bible.

What you have written is not supported by the bible as being either Christian or permitted by God tobe worshipped.
All scripture is given by inspiration of God. Neither to be added or removed

Yes you are correct. I apologize for wasting your time. If it is not from the bible, it ain't biblical. :)

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only advice i can truly truly offer concerning free masonary is this , FLEE IT , TOUCH NOT the unclean thing
and be dug in the scriptures learning THAT CHRIST , THAT GOD and all sound pure holy doctrine .

• Love

Mikey-for-sure

Jul 6, 2023
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Mikey-for-sure There are other gods mentioned in the bible. Do you know how much trouble the Israelites got into for following other gods?
" Here's just one incident. Do you know what happened to these guys?
He(Elijah) said, “I have not troubled Israel, but you and your father’s house have, because you have forsaken the commandments of the Lord and you have followed the Baals. Now then send and gather to me all Israel at Mount Carmel, together with 450 prophets of Baal and 400 prophets of the Asherah, who eat at Jezebel’s table.”

Here's what happened:
22 Then Elijah said to them, “I am the only one of the Lord’s prophets left, but Baal has four hundred and fifty prophets. 23 Get two bulls for us. Let Baal’s prophets choose one for themselves, and let them cut it into pieces and put it on the wood but not set fire to it. I will prepare the other bull and put it on the wood but not set fire to it. 24 Then you call on the name of your god, and I will call on the name of the Lord. The god who answers by fire—he is God.”
Then all the people said, “What you say is good.”
25 Elijah said to the prophets of Baal, “Choose one of the bulls and prepare it first, since there are so many of you. Call on the name of your god, but do not light the fire.” 26 So they took the bull given them and prepared it.
Then they called on the name of Baal from morning till noon. “Baal, answer us!” they shouted. But there was no response; no one answered. And they danced around the altar they had made.
27 At noon Elijah began to taunt them. “Shout louder!” he said. “Surely he is a god! Perhaps he is deep in thought, or busy, or traveling. Maybe he is sleeping and must be awakened.” 28 So they shouted louder and slashed themselves with swords and spears, as was their custom, until their blood flowed. 29 Midday passed, and they continued their frantic prophesying until the time for the evening sacrifice. But there was no response, no one answered, no one paid attention.
30 Then Elijah said to all the people, “Come here to me.” They came to him, and he repaired the altar of the Lord, which had been torn down. 31 Elijah took twelve stones, one for each of the tribes descended from Jacob, to whom the word of the Lord had come, saying, “Your name shall be Israel.” 32 With the stones he built an altar in the name of the Lord, and he dug a trench around it large enough to hold two seahs of seed. 33 He arranged the wood, cut the bull into pieces and laid it on the wood. Then he said to them, “Fill four large jars with water and pour it on the offering and on the wood.”
“Do it a third time,” he ordered, and they did it the third time. 35 The water ran down around the altar and even filled the trench.
36 At the time of sacrifice, the prophet Elijah stepped forward and prayed: “Lord, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Israel, let it be known today that you are God in Israel and that I am your servant and have done all these things at your command. 37 Answer me, Lord, answer me, so these people will know that you, Lord, are God, and that you are turning their hearts back again.”
38 Then the fire of the Lord fell and burned up the sacrifice, the wood, the stones and the soil, and also licked up the water in the trench.
39 When all the people saw this, they fell prostrate and cried, “The Lord—he is God! The Lord—he is God!”

40 Then Elijah commanded them, “Seize the prophets of Baal. Don’t let anyone get away!” They seized them, and Elijah had them brought down to the Kishon Valley and slaughtered there".

So Baal was powerless. And how about tammuz?

Tammuz was a Babylonian god. If he was a part of the "us" of creation, or the "us" of let us go down and confound their language at the tower of Babel Gen 11:7
"Come, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.", then why did God get angry at this:

Eze 8:13-15 : "He said also unto me, Turn thee yet again, and thou shalt see greater abominations that they do.
14 Then he brought me to the door of the gate of the Lord's house which was toward the north; and, behold, there sat women weeping for Tammuz.
15 Then said he unto me, Hast thou seen this, O son of man? turn thee yet again, and thou shalt see greater abominations than these."

When the Israelites got around other cultures, instead of telling them about the LORD, they adopted their gods.

God did some powerful things that other lands saw and heard. (Sodom, the plagues). some nations were in fear of God, because their gods could not do these things. Israel could have been a great witness for the LORD, but they chose not to.

I
For sure. Pagans and their idols passed themselves as the best thing since sliced bread and probably fooled many with their cultural machinations. The bible, plainly understood and read is our best shield against culture's filthy influence. What is not in the bible is not biblical.
Godspeed to you.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The 3 person or gods are JHVH (using the Tetragrammaton in this study of a pseudochristian idol) for Jah, Baal for Bul, and Osiris for On - JahBulOn.

Are they in the bible? - yes sirree bob. Jah and bul need no elaboration. But On may need a little explanation. Osiris is the Egyptian fertility god that hovered back and forth from the under world and Tammuz of babylon fame seems to fit the explanation for the palestinian area. So there you have it, the economic triadic of Jahbulon right there in the bible.

While the Jahbulon the name is not in the Bible, there are verses where you find the hint of some plurality in the Godhead

"Then God said, ‘Let us make human beings in our image, after our likeness, to have dominion over the fish in the sea, the birds of the air, the cattle, all wild animals on land, and everything that creeps on the earth.’" (Gen 1:26)

"But he said, ‘The man has become like one of us, knowing good and evil; what if he now reaches out and takes fruit from the tree of life also, and eats it and lives for ever?’" (Gen 3:22)

I paraphrase some source
"Neither the word Jahbulon nor the explicit doctrine of 3 gods in one appears in the bible, as it may contradict the Shema in the Hebrew Scriptures: “Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord” (Deuteronomy 6:4). "

I hijack BB Warfield "A doctrine so defined can be spoken of as a Biblical doctrine only on the principle that the sense of Scripture is Scripture." In other words, if it sort of looks like scripture and has cultural and political ramifications, why not.

Belief in the Jahbulon, therefore, is a matter of our accepting divine revelation

Still there is a distinction that God the Father is unique in His position as the Supreme God....God Almighty.

By saying something is not "biblical" is not necessarily to say it is "unbiblical." In that sense one may say the "Jahbulon formula" is not biblical.

But the principle of the Jahbulon as 3 distinct divine Persons is, in fact, in the Bible. Therefore Jahbulon doctrine can in another sense be said to be fully "biblical." :)

FUNNY! The above balderdash is TRYING to push Judaism's false belief that The Godhead is just One Person, when throughout God's Word it gives Testimony of The Godhead as God The Father, God The Son, and God The Holy Spirit!

1 Tim 3:16
16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness:
God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
KJV

That of course is about The Lord Jesus Christ, The Son of God, Immanuel - God with us come in the flesh.

Mikey-for-sure

Jul 6, 2023
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
FUNNY! The above balderdash is TRYING to push Judaism's false belief that The Godhead is just One Person, when throughout God's Word it gives Testimony of The Godhead as God The Father, God The Son, and God The Holy Spirit!

1 Tim 3:16
16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness:
God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
KJV

That of course is about The Lord Jesus Christ, The Son of God, Immanuel - God with us come in the flesh.
Adding to the bible, are we?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Adding to the bible, are we?
No, just READING my Bible as written. What's your problem that you cannot just READ your Bible? Do you even have a REAL Bible, I wonder? Does your Bible have The New Testament Books in it? If so, then WHY do you not believe it as written?

John 14:8-10
8 Philip said to Him, “Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us.”
9 Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and you still do not know Me, Philip? Whoever has seen Me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?
ESV

John 12:44-45
44 Jesus cried and said, "He that believeth on Me, believeth not on Me, but on Him That sent Me.
45 And He That seeth Me seeth Him that sent Me.
KJV

John 14:6-7
6 Jesus saith unto him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me.
7 If ye had known Me, ye should have known My Father also: and from henceforth ye know Mim, and have seen Him.
KJV

Phil 2:5-7
5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7 But made Himself of no reputation, and took upon Him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
KJV

Heb 1:1-3
1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by His Son, Whom He hath appointed heir of all things, by Whom also He made the worlds;
3 Who being the brightness of His glory, and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
KJV

Mikey-for-sure

Jul 6, 2023
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No, just READING my Bible as written. What's your problem that you cannot just READ your Bible? Do you even have a REAL Bible, I wonder? Does your Bible have The New Testament Books in it? If so, then WHY do you not believe it as written?

8 Philip said to Him, “Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us.”
9 Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and you still do not know Me, Philip? Whoever has seen Me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?
ESV

John 12:44-45
44 Jesus cried and said, "He that believeth on Me, believeth not on Me, but on Him That sent Me.
45 And He That seeth Me seeth Him that sent Me.
KJV

6 Jesus saith unto him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me.
7 If ye had known Me, ye should have known My Father also: and from henceforth ye know Mim, and have seen Him.
KJV

5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7 But made Himself of no reputation, and took upon Him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
KJV

1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by His Son, Whom He hath appointed heir of all things, by Whom also He made the worlds;
3 Who being the brightness of His glory, and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
KJV
how can you see an Invisible God. By the Works of His Spirit, i.e. the Messiah.

from the hip, the man Jesus is the mediator between man and God. No man can go before God alone (I suspect because we are sinners) Only by Jesus can man go before God.

Jesus is the promised Messiah. Conquering King, Wonderful Councillor , Prince of Peace and the First of Eternity (my paraphrasings).
Very august roles anointed personally by the Father. But like a soldier Jesus served his God fulfilling the prophecies as a suffering servant.

Is it not self explanatory. Jesus is not God, As God sent the prophets in the past. He now sends the Messiah. Because Jesus died for God's purpose, his name was made higher than the angels. The greatest of Heaven and the Earth, the Eternal High Priest leading the Host to worship God.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
how can you see an Invisible God. By the Works of His Spirit, i.e. the Messiah.

from the hip, the man Jesus is the mediator between man and God. No man can go before God alone (I suspect because we are sinners) Only by Jesus can man go before God.

Jesus is the promised Messiah. Conquering King, Wonderful Councillor , Prince of Peace and the First of Eternity (my paraphrasings).
Very august roles anointed personally by the Father. But like a soldier Jesus served his God fulfilling the prophecies as a suffering servant.

Is it not self explanatory. Jesus is not God, As God sent the prophets in the past. He now sends the Messiah. Because Jesus died for God's purpose, his name was made higher than the angels. The greatest of Heaven and the Earth, the Eternal High Priest leading the Host to worship God.

Your problem is self-explanatory, you do not believe Jesus of Nazareth is Immanuel, God with us, as written. All of the Scriptures I quoted prove it, as does the following ...

Matt 1:21-23
21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,
Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
KJV

No use in talking to someone like you then. Welcome to my IGNORE LIST.

Mikey-for-sure

Jul 6, 2023
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Your problem is self-explanatory, you do not believe Jesus of Nazareth is Immanuel, God with us, as written. All of the Scriptures I quoted prove it, as does the following ...

Matt 1:21-23
21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,
Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
KJV

No use in talking to someone like you then. Welcome to my IGNORE LIST.
If it ain't in the bible, it ain't biblical :)

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I paraphrase some source