JAMES 2:14-18

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rmoore1021

Jan 21, 2012
what is the “work”, “fight” or “race” that God has specifically and uniquely given for you to do?

Redeemed86

Oct 14, 2011
I believe that God has given me this life to not "suffer" with, but to overcome through Him and be a testimony for many other people who are struggling with the same issues. I have already seen God work through me to change a few people, and there is nothing in life that compares to the feeling I get when I realize I've helped someone who was struggling.

Had someone told me I would even be able to do it, I would have never believed them. I was blind, selfish and in denial, but He loved me anyway. :D

I feel that sharing my personal testimony and triumph, through faith, can inspire many people who may be in that "hopeless" state that I was in before God had mercy and sought to use it for His glorification. God has revealed himself to me in a way that not many experience, and in that has commissioned me to be a living witness of his redeeming work.

Reactions: Miss Hepburn

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Truth needs no defense

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Before becoming a completely sold out believer it was to "Trust the Son."
After that "Love."

I have always wanted to be an instrument of God, often asking to be the arrow, or shield, of God. That was when I was younger, and I had not completely come to Christ yet. I had asked Him into my heart at a young age, but through my teens and twenties I was a universalist. I was one of those, "All paths lead back to God" people, which I still believe, just all paths do not lead to Heaven. But undeniably, I believed in God, and prayed often.

Once in prayer seeking the will of God in my life, a voice came to me and said, "Trust the Son."
From that point forward I have been a both feet in Christian. Only after that, and reading through the Bible did I understand that Jesus is the shield and arrow.
Again in prayer seeking the will of God in my for my life, a voice came to me and said, "Love."

Shortly afterward I underwent harsh spiritual warfare. It is only through my trust in Jesus, and the foreknowledge to love that I was able to make it through.

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the “work”, “fight” or “race” that God has specifically and uniquely given for you to do?
It seems to be 'consistently being happy and never having any doubt' in the face of what
the world sees as impossibilities.
This seems to be told to me by my friends that have watched me for years...they don't know how I do it.
I tell them unwavering faith and knowledge that God is absolutely wonderful and fulfills every one of His promises.

Even the little ones like, "Ask, believe and receive." (With the following instructions - never doubt, give Him your burdens,
be anxious for nothing.. etc.. have no fear, diligently seek Him and He is a rewarder....") You know...

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
what is the “work”, “fight” or “race” that God has specifically and uniquely given for you to do?

Getting His People ready for the shut Down of the world and the ushering in of His Kingdom here on earth.

So many lies have been conjured up by evil men and taught to His sheep that most of them don't know about the great tribulation that is coming and how to make it through. Lies of rapture and going to heaven and the like.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Getting His People ready for the shut Down of the world and the ushering in of His Kingdom here on earth.

So many lies have been conjured up by evil men and taught to His sheep that most of them don't know about the great tribulation that is coming and how to make it through. Lies of rapture and going to heaven and the like.

How's that working out for you so far ?

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
How's that working out for you so far ?

It's coming and no one can stop it. Many thousands of transients on the streets of America, Africa and Europe know for sure it is coming and are making themselves ready. Like Christ said Thomas "blessed are those who have not seen and have believed". The word of God will not return to Him void.

Stan

Jul 19, 2012
Calgary, Alberta, CA.
We are to share and spread the Good News. That would be Jesus. The rest is about obeying God.

I just got a friend request on Facebook from a fellow I used to work with in 1979. He told me because of my witness and lifestyle he sought the Lord and became a Christian. He is now a pastor at one of the largest churches in my hometown. He has reached many many people for Jesus. It felt great to hear that and to know that for every one of those I hear about, there are probably hundreds that I don't. This is the joy we will know when we receive Eternal Life, and know as we have been known.
Looking for boogie men is NOT what God called us to do!

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
It's coming and no one can stop it. Many thousands of transients on the streets of America, Africa and Europe know for sure it is coming and are making themselves ready. Like Christ said Thomas "blessed are those who have not seen and have believed". The word of God will not return to Him void.

Fine ..... but what makes you think that the millions of Christians who are not transients on the street do not know it as well ?

Think about that the next time somebody drops a coin in your cup.

Stan

Jul 19, 2012
Calgary, Alberta, CA.
Matthew 24 deals with the destruction of the Temple, 70 AD, and the end times. Verses 36-39 make it clear that people in the last days will have no idea what is going on, and Jesus does not tell us here to make them aware, but to be aware and vigilant ourselves.
God has waited a long time and once HE decides, as verse 36 indicates, it will happen. God is NOT calling us to be town criers, or doomsday prophets, he has called us to be bearers of Good News.

Reactions: gregg

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
Fine ..... but what makes you think that the millions of Christians who are not transients on the street do not know it as well ?

Think about that the next time somebody drops a coin in your cup.

The coins that you worship will perish with you if you don't repent and believe the gospel of Christ. Ask Him for His Spirit while you are in the green wood. You may not have time running for your life in the dry.

31 For if they do these things in the green wood, what will be done in the dry?"

Wh