Jerusalem Is Above

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.
26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all. - Galatians 4:25-26.

For those keeping track of sins, there is a sin in scripture that seems to be the biggie of them all. Can you guess what God hates more than anything else in scripture. It is the sin of helping God to do what he said he would do! Abraham helped God and miserable failed, David helped God, and Noah. They all failed at their attempt to help God do what he said he would do. The biggest trouble we have in the world today is because of Abraham and Sarah's sin. The Arab nation is a direct descendant of Abraham, they are of Abraham's seed.

And also of the son of the bondwoman will I make a nation, because he is thy seed. - Genesis 21:13.

Abraham and Sarah were going to help God fullfil his promise and bring it to pass. Ismael came from the bondwoman, and Issac was to be the promise child between Abraham and Sarah. The point is sin does not easily pass away or disobedience to God. I will admit I have helped God on more than one occasion. Moses the greatest of men to do something for God, he was the key in getting a whole nation out of bondage. Moses failed and was not allowed to go into Canaan land. David a man after God's own heart and the apple of his eye failed miserably.

You will find it written throughout all of scripture men within themselves could not please God. For some strange reason we get fixed in our mind we are going to do different, I'll please God myself. Where does that come from men having a great feeling for pleasing God by their doing when not a single one in scripture ever did. We get so wrapped up in doing something for God we forget all about Christ in us and go about in ourselves trying to please God. You will find you cannot do it, if the greats of the Old Testament absultely failed at their attempt where do we get the idea from.

The definition of Christianity is; there is another in you that is responsible for you. Some say "what is our responsibility" our responsibility is to learn him who is in me now. Christianity could be the simplest religion on the planet but men have made Christianity just as confusing as any other religion. They have turned a birthing into a doer religion to make it work. But it will not work, what works is what God said it is, what is written. If our father is going to call Christianity "Christ in you" then a believer must never go beyond that for anything pertaining to Christianity. The scriptures over and over warn against man and his philosophy. When believers get caught in philosophy they can never put a finger on what God is doing, their gospel is turned into philosophy. The provision is made for a believer to have everything in Christ, anything outside of that will never work. The answer will be in knowledge, knowing what it is the father is doing. You are a completed being if you have Christ in you and are free to learn the Christ in you. I highly recomend believers take time to get it fixed in them what God said they can know. Bless you.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.
26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all. - Galatians 4:25-26.

For those keeping track of sins, there is a sin in scripture that seems to be the biggie of them all. Can you guess what God hates more than anything else in scripture. It is the sin of helping God to do what he said he would do! Abraham helped God and miserable failed, David helped God, and Noah. They all failed at their attempt to help God do what he said he would do. The biggest trouble we have in the world today is because of Abraham and Sarah's sin. The Arab nation is a direct descendant of Abraham, they are of Abraham's seed.

Who in the world taught you that kind of doctrine? That's almost as bad as the false prophets in some pulpits today trying to make gullible congregations believe they are guilty of Christ's crucifixion!

The very reward God gave His faithful servants in Old Testament times was because they obeyed Him, i.e., that was detrimental in God fulfilling His Plan. In other words, God did not act alone. He commanded, and they followed His commandments. This was even one of the reasons why God said that His servant David was a man after His Own Heart, because David did what God commanded.

And just because God had a specific chosen people, it still didn't include even all those of Israel, simply because there were many of the children of Israel that disobeyed Him, and were thus cut off, essentially placing themselves in the boat of the non-chosen, like Ishmael. Yet God even blessed the children of Ishmael as He said He would, their having become many nations.

What Apostle Paul is teaching us in Galatians 4 about the contrast of earthly Jerusalem in bondage vs. the heavenly Jerusalem, is the difference between this present world with Jerusalem in a fallen worship state by those who rely on their flesh, vs. the future heavenly Jerusalem for those who believe on The Father and His Son which is to descend down to earth out of Heaven from God, per the end of the Book of Revelation.

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who in the world taught you that kind of doctrine? That's almost as bad as the false prophets in some pulpits today trying to make gullible congregations believe they are guilty of Christ's crucifixion!

The very reward God gave His faithful servants in Old Testament times was because they obeyed Him, i.e., that was detrimental in God fulfilling His Plan. In other words, God did not act alone. He commanded, and they followed His commandments. This was even one of the reasons why God said that His servant David was a man after His Own Heart, because David did what God commanded.

And just because God had a specific chosen people, it still didn't include even all those of Israel, simply because there were many of the children of Israel that disobeyed Him, and were thus cut off, essentially placing themselves in the boat of the non-chosen, like Ishmael. Yet God even blessed the children of Ishmael as He said He would, their having become many nations.

What Apostle Paul is teaching us in Galatians 4 about the contrast of earthly Jerusalem in bondage vs. the heavenly Jerusalem, is the difference between this present world with Jerusalem in a fallen worship state by those who rely on their flesh, vs. the future heavenly Jerusalem for those who believe on The Father and His Son which is to descend down to earth out of Heaven from God, per the end of the Book of Revelation.

Glad someone has it figured out, I like your theory

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jerusalem born after the flesh. Earthly.
Jerusalem born after the Spirit. Heavenly.

Jerusalem above is Free.
So I ask, that which was born first was natural, that which is born last is Spirit. As one has borne the image of the earth, they also shall bear the image of the heavenly which is Christ.

The old man and the New man ...which is Free? The old man and the New man which is above?

Reactions: soul man

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

Jerusalem above is Free.
So I ask, that which was born first was natural, that which is born last is Spirit. As one has borne the image of the earth, they also shall bear the image of the heavenly which is Christ.

The old man and the New man ...which is Free? The old man and the New man which is above?
@VictoryinJesus It's truly searching because those who so valued their Jewish heritage and looked to the earthly city of Jerusalem were actually ignoring the spiritual, heavenly one.

Glorious things of thee are spoken,
Zion, city of our God!
He, whose Word cannot be broken,
Formed thee for His own abode;
On the Rock of Ages founded,
What can shake thy sure repose?
With salvation’s walls surrounded,
Thou mayst smile at all thy foes.
Savior, if of Zion’s city,
I through grace a member am,
Let the world deride or pity,
I will glory in Thy name;
Fading is the worldling’s pleasure,
All his boasted pomp and show;
Solid joys and lasting treasure
None but Zion’s children know.

Reactions: soul man

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's truly searching because those who so valued their Jewish heritage and looked to the earthly city of Jerusalem were actually ignoring the spiritual, heavenly one.

insightful and sometimes (imo) still very much present today. Looking to the earthly and ignoring the Spiritual promises. joined in a thread asking why faith healers do not go to hospitals and funerals today to heal the sick and raise the dead. Probably shouldn’t have because it never goes anywhere debating over the miraculous. But in trying so hard to prove the absence or presence of physical healing and money wealth ...that which does not fail where the answers is ‘Yes’ gets ignored. 2 Corinthians 1:20 For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.

James 5:15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.

Reactions: soul man and farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
insightful and sometimes (imo) still very much present today. Looking to the earthly and ignoring the Spiritual promises. joined in a thread asking why faith healers do not go to hospitals and funerals today to heal the sick and raise the dead. Probably shouldn’t have because it never goes anywhere debating over the miraculous. But in trying so hard to prove the absence or presence of physical healing and money wealth ...that which does not fail where the answers is ‘Yes’ gets ignored. 2 Corinthians 1:20 For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.

James 5:15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.
@VictoryinJesus The inward and spiritual must come first, before outward judgments are made. Legalism in its myriad forms is so corrosive.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jerusalem above is Free.

Sorry, you cannot just slap that 1 Corinthians 15 connotation on the future new Jerusalem, simply because the new Jerusalem will be a literal and physical manifestation on a physical new earth. It is not going to be some ethereal city floating upon a cloud of nothingness like some folk's think that have let their imaginations run wild.

Now I'm going to direct you to a mystery which Apostle Paul taught which links to the idea of the new Jerusalem which is free, vs. the Jerusalem today which is in bondage. Study Romans 8:18-25 closely. Paul tells us there that God's creation ("creature") was made subject to vanity by God, and will be released from bondage along with us, pointing to the future new heavens and a new earth. So not only is earthly Jerusalem in bondage to corruption today during this present world, but so is the whole creation, and even us who need Jesus Christ God's promised Savior...

In other words, our Heavenly Father once lived here on earth. In the Greek Septuagint Bible, the word used for the Garden of Eden is 'paradise' (paradeisos). When Adam and Eve sinned, that is when God moved His Eden off this earth into the Heavenly dimension where it is now, at the event of Genesis 3:24. Apostle Paul in 2 Corinthians 12 spoke of one who was caught up to Paradise, and Jesus told the believing malefactor crucified with Him while upon His cross would be with Him in Paradise that day. Both the end of Ezekiel 48 and Revelation reveal The Father and Son BOTH having returned to the earth, as 1 Corinthians 15:23-28 also hints at it in final.

Jer 3:14-18
14 Turn, O backsliding children, saith the LORD; for I am married unto you: and I will take you one of a city, and two of a family, and I will bring you to Zion:

15 And I will give you pastors according to Mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding.

16 And it shall come to pass, when ye be multiplied and increased in the land, in those days, saith the LORD, they shall say no more, 'The ark of the covenant of the LORD': neither shall it come to mind: neither shall they remember it; neither shall they visit it; neither shall that be done any more.

17 At that time they shall call Jerusalem the throne of the LORD; and all the nations shall be gathered unto it, to the name of the LORD, to Jerusalem: neither shall they walk any more after the imagination of their evil heart.

18 In those days the house of Judah shall walk with the house of Israel, and they shall come together out of the land of the north to the land that I have given for an inheritance unto your fathers.
KJV