Jesus and his Beauty, Was Jesus ever really beautiful?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A lot of people attribute that Jesus was beautiful, with some muscles and brute strength. White with blue eyes and flowing hair with a great smile. That he was always kind to every one and never once did he ever go after any one in the Religious leaders seats.

Is that true?

The Sin-Bearing Messiah​

53 Who has believed our report?
And to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?

2 For He shall grow up before Him as a tender plant,
And as a root out of dry ground.
He has no [a]form or [b]comeliness;
And when we see Him,
There is no [c]beauty that we should desire Him.

3 He is despised and [d]rejected by men,
A Man of [e]sorrows and acquainted with [f]grief.
And we hid, as it were, our faces from Him;
He was despised, and we did not esteem Him.

4 Surely He has borne our [g]griefs
And carried our [h]sorrows;
Yet we [i]esteemed Him stricken,
[j]Smitten by God, and afflicted.

5 But He was wounded[k] for our transgressions,
He was [l]bruised for our iniquities;
The chastisement for our peace was upon Him,
And by His stripes[m] we are healed.

6 All we like sheep have gone astray;
We have turned, every one, to his own way;
And the Lord [n]has laid on Him the iniquity of us all.

7 He was oppressed and He was afflicted,
Yet He opened not His mouth;
He was led as a lamb to the slaughter,
And as a sheep before its shearers is silent,
So He opened not His mouth.

8 He was taken from [o]prison and from judgment,
And who will declare His generation?
For He was cut off from the land of the living;
For the transgressions of My people He was stricken.

9 And [p]they made His grave with the wicked—
But with the rich at His death,
Because He had done no violence,
Nor was any deceit in His mouth.

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to [q]bruise Him;
He has put Him to grief.
When You make His soul an offering for sin,
He shall see His seed, He shall prolong His days,
And the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in His hand.

11 [r]He shall see the labor of His soul, and be satisfied.
By His knowledge My righteous Servant shall justify many,
For He shall bear their iniquities.

12 Therefore I will divide Him a portion with the great,
And He shall divide the [s]spoil with the strong,
Because He poured out His soul unto death,
And He was numbered with the transgressors,
And He bore the sin of many,
And made intercession for the transgressors.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A lot of people attribute that Jesus was beautiful, with some muscles and brute strength. White with blue eyes and flowing hair with a great smile. That he was always kind to every one and never once did he ever go after any one in the Religious leaders seats.

Is that true?

The Sin-Bearing Messiah​

I've never heard it said that Jesus was beautiful.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@MatthewG
Isa 4:2In that day shall the branch of the LORD be beautiful and glorious, and the fruit of the earth shall be excellent and comely for them that are escaped of Israel.

Is the branch of the LORD, Jesus? When is that day? Is it the day he is able to see Him face to face or did it occur while still only seeing as through a glass darkly? Has the beauty always been there but without eyes to it is invisible? So, then it was only when one had received the eyes to see from God that he was enabled?

1co 13:12For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

1jo 3:2Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

And when is this appearance? When does a person see Him and when does his vision enable to see Him really as He is?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
according to Isaiah there was no beauty to behold.

There is no [c]beauty that we should desire Him.

• Love
Reactions: Cassandra

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah ha! Sorry...I guess I missed that.
No worries friend.

There will be a glory and a resurrection given to each member of the body of Christ who follow to seek and love God and others, so Amen to that.

Reactions: amadeus

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Considering how Jesus preached humility, I presume he was a regular looking man.
Your thoughts are considered, my assumption is as well however there are these paintings that wrongly depict how he looked, such as white, with blue eyes and it kind of creates a false persona of who he was.

Someone which there was no beauty to hold about him. He might have had some crooked teeth, or a crooked nose, or maybe one finger was longer than the other.

While humility is involved even those on the outside a person doesn't consider beautiful, - doesn't mean they don't have faith nor they don't have a heart for God despite the judgement of the outside.

I can be bad about that, but allowing God to suppress those thoughts, not everyone out there that one could deem as ugly, are really ugly, they have beauty on the inside.

People with tattoos on their face, or they have transformed themselves by transgenderism, or they man dressing drag, or just a woman you would see as not fit... there could be beauty on the inside but that takes a relationship and friendship to know them...

And that is why getting to know who the Lord Yeshua Christ is, and to grow in knowledge and learning of God by and through the use of the bible is overall helpful to get us to put our prejudices away, staying in tune with the spirit.

Peace, and love to you, carry on.
Matthew

Reactions: Patrick1966

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you all,

It's important that Jesus had no beauty that anyone would want to desire him.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your thoughts are considered, my assumption is as well however there are these paintings that wrongly depict how he looked, such as white, with blue eyes and it kind of creates a false persona of who he was.

Someone which there was no beauty to hold about him. He might have had some crooked teeth, or a crooked nose, or maybe one finger was longer than the other.

While humility is involved even those on the outside a person doesn't consider beautiful, - doesn't mean they don't have faith nor they don't have a heart for God despite the judgement of the outside.

I can be bad about that, but allowing God to suppress those thoughts, not everyone out there that one could deem as ugly, are really ugly, they have beauty on the inside.

People with tattoos on their face, or they have transformed themselves by transgenderism, or they man dressing drag, or just a woman you would see as not fit... there could be beauty on the inside but that takes a relationship and friendship to know them...

And that is why getting to know who the Lord Yeshua Christ is, and to grow in knowledge and learning of God by and through the use of the bible is overall helpful to get us to put our prejudices away, staying in tune with the spirit.

Peace, and love to you, carry on.
Matthew

We will see people's true beauty after we are gifted with new eyes by Jesus.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've never heard it said that Jesus was beautiful.
Interesting that someone would consider God is not beautiful, glorious, lovely, perfect etc.......

The Glory of Gods divine beauty. It is wondrous, full of splendor and majesty !

Majesty worship His Majesty. A great Hymn by Jack Hayford.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Is that true?

The Sin-Bearing Messiah​

That describes His crucifixion after many beatings/floggings.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalm 27:4 “One thing have I asked of the Lord, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to inquire in his temple.”

Isaiah 28:5 “In that day the Lord of hosts will be a crown of glory, and a diadem of beauty, to the remnant of his people.”

Isaiah 33:17 “Your eyes will behold the king in his beauty; they will see a land that stretches afar.”

Zechariah 9:17, “For how great is his goodness, and how great his beauty!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still Jesus had no beauty yhat anyone would desire him.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting that someone would consider God is not beautiful, glorious, lovely, perfect etc.......

The Glory of Gods divine beauty. It is wondrous, full of splendor and majesty !

Majesty worship His Majesty. A great Hymn by Jack Hayford.
I think of "beauty" as a term applied to a woman.