Jesus as a thief

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Collin Feener

Aug 2, 2019
Toronto Ont Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
John, this should let them understand. Mathew, 27:15,16. and it was the practice for them to releice a prisoner and he asked them which prisoner should I release.
Now, is it not so Jesus was a prisoner and held there buy the Romans or say gentiles. The scriptures are prophecy and this is the prophecy for the church and doesn't Pilot refer to the bishops. If what I say is true as I know it is the Romans became the church although some say it was James but the king James did not come out till the 16 hundreds
I say it was the church John started because it is written he would never die because he made it to the cross

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John, this should let them understand. Mathew, 27:15,16. and it was the practice for them to releice a prisoner and he asked them which prisoner should I release.
"And he answered him to never a word; insomuch that the governor marvelled greatly.
Now at that feast the governor was wont to release unto the people a prisoner, whom they would.
And they had then a notable prisoner, called Barabbas.
Therefore when they were gathered together, Pilate said unto them, Whom will ye that I release unto you? Barabbas, or Jesus which is called Christ?
For he knew that for envy they had delivered him." Matt 27:14-18

And Jesus remained silent when most gentiles and probably most bearing the label of Christian today would be proclaiming loudly their innocence. But... Jesus is the only one who as a man was always innocent. In spite of his innocence he was a prisoner. In spite of the innocence of Jesus and the words he spoke like no "
man spake" [see John 7:46] but surely in that crowd calling for the release of Barabbas, the murderer, were many of those who had heard him and had eaten from the bread and fished multiplied by him.

Like Barabbas we have been released and Jesus paid a price for us.

Pontius Pilate the unbelieving Roman, a gentile in the flesh, wanted to release Jesus, but fearing for his own position he acquiesced and gave them Jesus to crucify... not understanding at all what it was he was doing. Is that not also like you and me, who too often have willing sacrificed Jesus so as to saved our own miserable hides?

Being always on God's side, no one could have held Jesus prisoner or crucified has he not allowed it... but Jesus was a prisoner, not so much to the Romans as to the will of God which hard for his flesh as living for God may at times be hard for our flesh. But then consider Jesus' words here:

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." Matt 11:28-30

Can we forget the pain and anguish of our flesh and simply come to Jesus when he calls us? Easy and light will the burden be. How easy and light was the cross for Him?

Now, is it not so Jesus was a prisoner and held there buy the Romans or say gentiles. The scriptures are prophecy and this is the prophecy for the church and doesn't Pilot refer to the bishops. If what I say is true as I know it is the Romans became the church although some say it was James but the king James did not come out till the 16 hundreds
I say it was the church John started because it is written he would never die because he made it to the cross
Yes, the scriptures really are the prophecy, a message from God indeed in an unknown tongue requiring interpretation. Those who in their flesh alone read it or hear it understand nothing at all of what God is really saying. Are any of us willing or able to release Jesus from his imprisonment? Yet all of us would be hollering loudly for our release if it was us imprisoned waiting to be crucified... but the are already on that road, are we not?

Collin Feener

Aug 2, 2019
Toronto Ont Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sorry, when I say it was John I mean it was John who was the real church of Jesus that would never die. All the other disciples die a violent death. Not John, he lives forever. So it must be this way with the church John started.
"And he answered him to never a word; insomuch that the governor marvelled greatly.
Now at that feast the governor was wont to release unto the people a prisoner, whom they would.
And they had then a notable prisoner, called Barabbas.
Therefore when they were gathered together, Pilate said unto them, Whom will ye that I release unto you? Barabbas, or Jesus which is called Christ?
For he knew that for envy they had delivered him." Matt 27:14-18

And Jesus remained silent when most gentiles and probably most bearing the label of Christian today would be proclaiming loudly their innocence. But... Jesus is the only one who as a man was always innocent. In spite of his innocence he was a prisoner. In spite of the innocence of Jesus and the words he spoke like no "
man spake" [see John 7:46] but surely in that crowd calling for the release of Barabbas, the murderer, were many of those who had heard him and had eaten from the bread and fished multiplied by him.

Like Barabbas we have been released and Jesus paid a price for us.

Pontius Pilate the unbelieving Roman, a gentile in the flesh, wanted to release Jesus, but fearing for his own position he acquiesced and gave them Jesus to crucify... not understanding at all what it was he was doing. Is that not also like you and me, who too often have willing sacrificed Jesus so as to saved our own miserable hides?

Being always on God's side, no one could have held Jesus prisoner or crucified has he not allowed it... but Jesus was a prisoner, not so much to the Romans as to the will of God which hard for his flesh as living for God may at times be hard for our flesh. But then consider Jesus' words here:

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." Matt 11:28-30

Can we forget the pain and anguish of our flesh and simply come to Jesus when he calls us? Easy and light will the burden be. How easy and light was the cross for Him?

Yes, the scriptures really are the prophecy, a message from God indeed in an unknown tongue requiring interpretation. Those who in their flesh alone read it or hear it understand nothing at all of what God is really saying. Are any of us willing or able to release Jesus from his imprisonment? Yet all of us would be hollering loudly for our release if it was us imprisoned waiting to be crucified... but the are already on that road, are we not?
Well said John, well done. We are in agreement

Reactions: amadeus