Jesus 'Began' in the beginning?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I read somewhere that people teach that Jesus is some sort of created being, or that He 'began' at some point in time. There reasoning is from John 1:1. That Jesus, being the Word, was in the beginning with God, and so that is when He 'began' to be with God, and so cannot possible be God, since God is before the world from everlasting to everlasting (Psalm 90:2), or rather is without beginning...

1. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God...is definitely NOT saying that the Word began in the beginning. As though Scripture is saying In the beginning OF the Word...

2. Since Scripture is plainly saying that the Word WAS God, and if the Word began in the beginning, then so did God begin in the beginning, since the Word was and still is God.

3. The only 'beginning' that Scripture ever speaks of, is the beginning of the creation of the heaven and earth. This false teaching leaves out the fact that in the beginning God created... which is exactly the same beginning of John 1:1. The Scripture is plainly speaking of the beginning of creation.

And in THAT beginning Jesus, the Son and Word of God, with God when He created the heaven and the earth.

It's one thing to not believe Scripture, it is entirely another foul bird that begins to impute their own reasoning into Scripture, and wisdom and knowledge of something that God never said. Or at least never said it 'that way'.

Also Hebrews 7:1-3: Scripture is declaring that Melchisedec was made in the likeness of the Son of God...Who is "Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life".

And so, Scripture plainly states Jesus, as God, is likewise without beginning... This Scripture also declares that it would be wrong to say that God the Father created or gave birth to the Word and Son of God, who is without father...and without mother (Sorry. Mary is not the mother of God the Son)

Reactions: FHII

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I read somewhere that people teach that Jesus is some sort of created being, or that He 'began' at some point in time.
JW's are brainwashed to deny the Divinity of Christ. In their ignorance they claim he was just a man that God favoured and anointed.

The Pharisees were upset when Jesus said, "Before Abraham was, I Am."

Joh 8:58-59
Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am. (59) Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

Joh 17:5 And now, O Father, glorify you me with your own self with the glory which I had with you before the world was.

Reactions: FHII