Jesus Breathed On Them , Now They Can Remit Sins?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dan p

Mar 26, 2009
Hi to all . Many say that Christ's earthly ministry is more important than Paul's ministry .1) In John 20:21 , Jesus says that the Father sent Him , even so send I you .2) Then in v22 , He breaths on them and saith unto them , Receive ye the Holy Spirit , and here they receive the Holy Spirit BEFORE , Acts 2 .3) Then Jesus says to them , Who soever sins ye remit , they are remitted unto them ; and whose soever sins ye retain , they are retained .4) I thought that only God could forgive sins ? 5) How can this BE ?

dan p

Mar 26, 2009
QUOTE (dan p @ Apr 7 2009, 07:28 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=72049
Hi to all . Many say that Christ's earthly ministry is more important than Paul's ministry .1) In John 20:21 , Jesus says that the Father sent Him , even so send I you .2) Then in v22 , He breaths on them and saith unto them , Receive ye the Holy Spirit , and here they receive the Holy Spirit BEFORE , Acts 2 .3) Then Jesus says to them , Who soever sins ye remit , they are remitted unto them ; and whose soever sins ye retain , they are retained .4) I thought that only God could forgive sins ? 5) How can this BE ?
Hi to all , and my answer to the OP IS THE FOLLOWING .1) #1 , it is to Israel .2) God in the O.T , in Ezek 36 , promised to clean Israel up , before they enter the 1000 reign of Christ .3) And the New Covenant comes into effect , Ezek 36 .4) If Israel had accepted the Baptism of John , their SINS , would haVE BEEN remitted .5) Since the leadership of Israel rejected John's Baptism in Matt 3:7- 10 , Israel will be set aside as per Matt 9-10 , Luke 13: 6-9 , Acte 28:28 and their are many more VERSES .6) Since they rejected John's Baptism , theirs SINS were Retained .7) As I have said , this is for Israel , or prove otherwise ?