Jesus Christ lived in India?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

kernelspy

Feb 24, 2008
So, I was reading other religion forum to get more information on their so called "God" and I cam across this Hindu forum. This is what was postedIt is noteworthy that the Bible makes no mention of Jesus Christ between the ages of 18 to 30 . Jesus Christ lived in India between the ages of 18 to 30 . .After crucifixion , he returned back to India where he lived in Kashmir till his death . This has been said by the Indian spiritual masters Paramahamsa Yogananda , Satya Sai Baba and Sri Sri Ravi Shankar. Jesus's teaching of chastity, non-violence, and renunciation were derived from Hinduism, Buddhism and Yoga. The proof for this can be obtained from the books 'Jesus lived in India' , written by a team of Western scholars and archaeologists and ' Hinduism and Christianity' by Sri Sri Ravi Shankar( the founder of the Art of Living Foundation).i was like --> :mad::eek: Is this true? And what did Jesus do between His age of 18-30 years old?

Nov 8, 2007
False! The Father was Preparing him for his Ministry when he come of Age Around 30. Which is why he died around 33 1/2 cause according to Daniel 9:26, when Messiah would be cut off 3 1/2 Years.

Dunamite

Nov 15, 2007
This is like the Da Vinci code. It is intended to bring disrepute to the good name and character of Jesus Christ. It should be filed in the waste bin of history along with all of the other lies written over the years.I get my facts about Jesus Christ from God's fact book, the Holy Bible. I use my brain to think with and don't allow others to think for me. I rely on the Holy Spirit to help me discern truth. All Christians need to learn to not give these ideas any more exposure than they deserve. Ignore it and they will go away. Let them rattle your chain and you will have no end to it.

Mikey

Jan 22, 2008
I think Jesus would have been learning as a Rabbi and a carpenter. He was a Rabbi and he was a carpenter. You don't just become those things instantly. It requires training. And Jesus had to live as a human so he would have had to gain these skills like any other human. I don't see the mystery behind what He did when he was young.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
This is like the Rastafarian's who believe that the messiah lived in Africa, and was black.

kernelspy

Feb 24, 2008
Thanks Guys. I hate it when other non Christian/Catholic group thinks that they know a lot about the Bible and can comment on Jesus Christ. I had a very long talk with my sister in law (who's also a Pastor) about the subject. She also said that it was the time when He is takin' care of his other sisters and brothers (Mary had other children. Sorry don't have the scriptures). Jesus also worked as a normal carpenter with Joseph.Please correct me if I'm wrong.God Bless!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
There are writtings about Jesus as a child whether they are true or not we do not know for sure they are not a part of scripture but the Bible is not about Christs childhood its about Gods plan of Salvation for us through his only begotten Son so little was included in scripture because it did not matter to Gods plan.What is written is in Luke 2Luk 2:40 And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, filled with wisdom: and the grace of God was upon him. Luk 2:41 ¶ Now his parents went to Jerusalem every year at the feast of the passover. Luk 2:42 And when he was twelve years old, they went up to Jerusalem after the custom of the feast. Luk 2:43 And when they had fulfilled the days, as they returned, the child Jesus tarried behind in Jerusalem; and Joseph and his mother knew not [of it]. Luk 2:44 But they, supposing him to have been in the company, went a day's journey; and they sought him among [their] kinsfolk and acquaintance. Luk 2:45 And when they found him not, they turned back again to Jerusalem, seeking him. Luk 2:46 And it came to pass, that after three days they found him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the doctors, both hearing them, and asking them questions. Luk 2:47 And all that heard him were astonished at his understanding and answers.

lilithb

Dec 5, 2007
I think Jesus went many places and did not limit himself to that small area but as far as living in India, I do not think he lived any certain place. I can see where the Rastafarian's get that thought. It is more than likely the Garden of Eden was in what is now Africa. Jesus more than likely was dark eyed , olive skinned, etc. Those blue eyed blonde haired pictures were painted by the Germans , the aryans so of course many view Jesus to be like that. Personally, I do not care what he looked like,it is not important to me but is interesting on how many views there are of what he looked like, what he did and where he went.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
There have been all kinds of stories circulating as to where Jesus was---- India, the Americas, Britain (to the lost tribes) and so forth.The purveyor of the British theory had some insights which I agree with. If he went there with his uncle Joseph of Arimathea, it was only to accompany him and learn from the others (ie. preparation for His ministry). I believe that because of the scripture "to the Jew first....." Jesus began His formal ministry at age 30 in the land of Israel, at the age of service, and would not have been preaching and teaching before that time, even if He did visit other places.So, even if he was in other places, what of it? It does nothing against my faith.I have no problem with my Lord moving around a bit---- if He did, God had a reason for it.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
The apostle Bartholomew is said to have traveled in India Preaching maybe thats were these stories came from perhaps is was not Jesus himself but his disciple. ..........................................Of Bartholomew, it is said that he prayed a hundred times a day and a hundred times a night. It is also said that his voice was like a trumpet, angels waited upon him and that he was always cheerful and knew all languages. In the company of the apostle Philip, the apostle Bartholomew went to Asia Minor and labored in Hierapolis, near Laodicea and Colosse, in what is modern day Turkey. While in Hierapolis, it is said that the wife of the Roman proconsul was healed by the apostles Philip and Bartholomew, that she became a Christian and that her husband ordered Philip and Bartholomew to be put to death by crucifixion. Sadly, Philip was crucified, but Bartholomew escaped martyrdom, when for some special reason, the magistrates caused him to be taken down from the cross and dismissed. From there, Bartholomew went eastward to India and then to greater Armenia. A popular tradition among the Armenians is that the apostle Jude (Thaddaeus) was the first to evangelize their region throughout the years of 43 to 66 AD and that the apostle Bartholomew joined him in 60 AD (eight years before Bartholomew was martyred). It is also said that Bartholomew carried with him a copy of the apostle Matthew's Gospel. This copy was reported to be found at a later time and a converted stoic philosopher by the name of Pantaenus is said to have brought it to Alexandria. Bartholomew is reported to have labored in the area around the south end of the Caspian Sea, in the section that was then called Armenia. The modern name of the district where he died is Azerbaijan and the place of his death, called in New Testament times Albanopolis, is now Derbend which is on the west coast of the Caspian Sea. The apostle Bartholomew is said to have been martyred in the year 68 AD.__________________

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
I need to talk about that to my hindu neighbor(just kidding) or I don't know if he is hindu anymore,but he visits India. I really need to catch up with him anyway.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
I found a short article on the Internet regarding Jesus in Britain. It seems to be based on E. Raymond Capt's book, who is a well-known quoted archeologist on the lost tribes, the pyramid, stonehenge and so forth.Like I already said, there is no reference to teaching except something to do with metallurgy (the business His uncle Joseph was in). He otherwise seemed to be a traveling companion where He used the time for devotional study. Jesus in Britain