Jesus Christ Was Under Law

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That is written to the house of Israel, they were a covenant people. For when God takes his purpose for Israel back up (covenants and promises), whenever that is most believe it will be at the end of the millennial reign. That is not written to the church. The church is a new creation heavenly people birthed by the father, not an earthly covenant people as Israel. Israel is on hold now as far as the covenants, they must believe just like anyone else to receive salvation.
Food for thought.

Reactions: soul man

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I don't think that answers my question and what doe GINOLJC MEAN? Is that a drink of some kind that includes gin?
I must admit the acronym does sound odd. It basically means : Greetings In the Name Of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Formalities don't much do it for me.....they are too orchestrated and I have a tendency to shy away but that's my personal issue. In any case, now you know what it means :)

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I must admit the acronym does sound odd. It basically means : Greetings In the Name Of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Formalities don't much do it for me.....they are too orchestrated and I have a tendency to shy away but that's my personal issue. In any case, now you know what it means :)
TYVMFCTUFM.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What do you think the expression 'under the Law' means soul man?
The Plan of Redemption or Salvation's Story is not a bunch of arbitrary points of view or practices bunched together independent of each other for the purpose of creating a theological construct. It is a dialogue where every part connects seamlessly to the whole. It is the story of how God deals with and rectifies man's fall from its inception to his final Redemption. This has all but been dismissed as relevant to the Christianity of the 21st Century.

In the Hebrew tabernacle God has communicated to man the process of redemption in types and figures for the benefit of all peoples. Each aspect not only of its structure, lay-out and contents but also it's services including the role of all participants ie, victim, priests and high priest.

The alter and victim, the lamb; the innocent for the guilty was the role of Jesus here on earth while he walked among us.
The priests in their daily rituals and then the high priest with his specific role once a year also representing Jesus as the resurrected and ascended Saviour (representative) in the heavens.

After the final stage of the typical service when the high priest had completed his officiating he goes out to bless those who have afflicted their souls during this immensely solemn time.

Jesus is currently in the final stage of his representation for humanity. When it is complete he leaves the temple of heaven (his role as mediator) just as in the typical service.

All who were found to be insincere were cut off from the congregation.

In these final movements of the typical service we have a picture of Jesus returning to the Earth to redeem his ransomed possession (his people)

The prophecies have given us information on these things; the typical Hebrew service being a window into God's saving activity. We do well to study it, to be and stay informed because the time is shorter than when we first believed.

The expression 'under the law'; its ramifications need be understood in the context described. Using it any other way is mishandling the scripture (the word of truth)........and dare we put a spin on it in ignorance and the vain imagining of those who do not understand what these solemn things are trying to tell us?

Last edited:

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
The best example of what I'm getting from your OP is when He closed the book.

Luke 4:16 "And He came to Nazareth, where He had been brought up: and, as His custom was, He went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read."

So now after Jesus had been tested and teaching a while, He came back to Nazareth where he lived his early life. When He went to the synagogue all the people knew who Jesus was. Matthew 4:23 tells us "And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people." Of course Jesus fame was spread all over the land for all the good deeds that He did, and preaching that was done. However, back in Jesus' home town He was just the kid down the street.

Matthew 13:54-56 "And when He was come into His own country, He taught the in their synagogue insomuch that they were astonished, and said, "Whence hath this man this wisdom, and these mighty works?" [54] "Is not This the the carpenter's son? Is not His mother called Mary? and His brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon and Judas? [55] "And His sisters, are they not all with us? Whence then has this Man these things."

The prophet is without honor among his own. This was so true in Jesus case, for the people knew his family from their many years of worship with them, so now he comes back home to teach in the family church. So Jesus stood up in the synagogue and started to read from the Scriptures.

Luke 4:17 "And there was delivered unto Him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when He had opened the book, He found the place where it was written,"

The book of Esaias is the book of Isaiah. They brough Jesus the scroll and Jesus opened it up and started to read.

Luke 4:18 " "The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me, because He hath anointed Me to preach the gospel to the poor; He hath sent Me to heal the broken hearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,"

Luke 4:19 "To preach the acceptable year of the Lord."

First notice that at the end of verse 19 there is a period, yet in Isaiah there is no period, but it continues on into the day of vengeance. This then is what is known as the "gap theory" to many, and it comes out of Isaiah 61:1, 2. Each of these items that is spoken of here deals with the salvation that Jesus brought in His first advent, living His live and preaching the gospel. Then when Jesus gets so far in the reading, He shuts the scroll and sits down. Lets review those verses.

Isaiah 61:1 "The Spirit of the Lord God is upon Me; because the Lord hath anointed Me to preach good tidings unto the meek [humble]; He hath send Me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;"

You can really bind yourself up in the ways of this world if you are not careful.

Isaiah 61:2 "To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that morn;"

The place where Jesus stopped was fulfilled at the time when Jesus read this Scripture. "The day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that morn;" will not happen until Jesus returns at the seventh trump.

Luke 4:20 "And He closed the book, and He gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on Him."

Luke 4:21 "And He began to say unto them, "This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears."

Isaiah 61:3 "To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that He might be glorified."

From the last half of verse two and including this verse will not happen until Jesus returns at the seventh trump. When Jesus return He will give vengeance to those that have did evil to His own, and He will comfort to all those that do mourn. This is the place in God's word where it documents two advents of our Lord to this earth. The first is when Jesus came as Savior to mankind. He did that when He went to the cross. While the second advent is this day of vengeance when Jesus will come with a rod of iron to make all things right. It will be the payday for all the evil and wickedness that has been done in this time of flesh man. No Jesus won't be riding in Jerusalem on the back of donkey, but on a heavenly white horse.

I may be completely off on what you are saying but this is what came to my mind..

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Food for thought.

Before the cross the human race could be divided up into two races, Jew and Gentile. Now we have three races when you include the new creation race. Every human being is found in one or the other. Jew and Gentile race, which is earthly, and new creation race which is heavenly. The born again do not inherit the earth but dwell in the father's house, John (14:2),

In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. - John 14:2.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think that answers my question and what doe GINOLJC MEAN? Is that a drink of some kind that includes gin?
GINOLJC, to all.
(smile).... yes, it's a drink, a drink of the Spirit, and one word can sum up what I said, "Personal", as in relationship, you asked I answered, if it's not sufficient for "YOU" go to God and let him answer you. and no, GINOLJC is a greeting.

also GREAT PIC. thumb up on the pic.

PICJAG.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
GINOLJC, to all.
(smile).... yes, it's a drink, a drink of the Spirit, and one word can sum up what I said, "Personal", as in relationship, you asked I answered, if it's not sufficient for "YOU" go to God and let him answer you. and no, GINOLJC is a greeting.

also GREAT PIC. thumb up on the pic.

PICJAG.
Thanks. We are a cat family. Have had them for at least 25 years.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
you've got a lot to say for someone who speaks like he doesn't know the God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob through Jesus Christ and just don't get it.

read:

Rom 3:25  Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; 
Rom 3:26  To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. 
Rom 3:27  Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. 
Rom 3:28  Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. 
Rom 3:29  Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also: 
Rom 3:30  Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith. 
Rom 3:31  Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law. 

therefore not under, but by faith establish.

See, You do not because you cannot say anything against the Law UNLESS against the Sabbath Law - JUST WHAT I SAID ... except of course your volatile preparedness to JUDGE whomever for no reason whatever THAN the Sabbath. AGAIN with Q~you've got a lot to say for someone who speaks like he doesn't know the God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob through Jesus Christ and just don't get it~Q I <GOT> YOU POT SHOT IN THE EYE.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Before the cross the human race could be divided up into two races, Jew and Gentile. Now we have three races when you include the new creation race. Every human being is found in one or the other. Jew and Gentile race, which is earthly, and new creation race which is heavenly. The born again do not inherit the earth but dwell in the father's house, John (14:2),

In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. - John 14:2.
Hi @soul man 1 Cor. 10.32: Jew, Gentile and church of God...

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See, You do not because you cannot say anything against the Law UNLESS against the Sabbath Law - JUST WHAT I SAID ... except of course your volatile preparedness to JUDGE whomever for no reason whatever THAN the Sabbath. AGAIN with Q~you've got a lot to say for someone who speaks like he doesn't know the God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob through Jesus Christ and just don't get it~Q I <GOT> YOU POT SHOT IN THE EYE.

if that what one speaks like then why is that a problem for you have it pointed out.

bedsides you don't know the rules obviously. if I call you a pig that is judging, if I say you live like a pig that is an observation pointed out. its on you if the shoe fits.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

We are one race soul man; the human race.
Both Jews and Gentiles find their parentage in Adam and Eve......sort that one out for yourself first then deal with your second assertion:-

Matthew 5:5 'blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the earth'....Jesus

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are one race soul man; the human race.
Both Jews and Gentiles find their parentage in Adam and Eve......sort that one out for yourself first then deal with your second assertion:-

Matthew 5:5 'blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the earth'....Jesus

Keep thinking