Jesus died for you but you don't have to do anything for Him?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

IAmAWitness

Nov 7, 2012
Did you cleanse your thoughts, stop cursing others, judging them unfairly, criticising without basis?

Did you receive His messengers?

Did you read the Word and take it to heart?

Did you give up pork like His Father asked?

Do you pay tithes?

Do you study to show yourself approved?

Do you observe the Passover by eating lamb?

Have you given up your Christmas trees, Easter bunnies, and Halloween?

Have you removed images from your home?

Have you been a witness to others, with patience and longsuffering?

Have you taken note of the ordinances in the Law and made your life to adjust more correctly with His precepts?

Or does the Son of God have to die for you and nothing is expected of you in return?

If we can't answer yes to all of these questions then we are failing as a people.

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
Jesus would rather not have us do anything for him -------------under compultion .. why is it wrong to try to rise up a guilty conscience and seek to get things done for jesus through that way..?

because Jesus won our forgivness and we are to beleive it ..

and if we do something out of compelling a guilty conscience their a spirtual problem that needs to be taken care of first..

We do things out of gospel motivation not law motiviation the Gospel sayS Jesus loves us and has done every thing needed for our salvation .

he has already won a free and full frogivnes for our sins believe that and its hard to stop doing things out of thanks..

come "iam a witnees" ------let us reason together

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGTPNue0-ZI

IAmAWitness

Nov 7, 2012
Don't you see how you are lumping in the conviction God gives a sinner to convince him he needs a change with a flesh and blood man giving you a guilt trip?

But if you lack that conviction from God, then that in itself is a spiritual problem that does need to be addressed. To say having a conviction is a spiritual problem is dangerous territory if you ask me. It seems anti-Holy Spirit.

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
IAmAWitness said:
Did you cleanse your thoughts, stop cursing others, judging them unfairly, criticising without basis?
Not yet... still working on it.

Come again?

I also took it to my brain, that's the part I think with.

BACON!!!!!!!!!

Do you pay tithes?
Yup (but not perfectly yet)

Check

Nope. But I still like lamb.

When the kids get older...

I have a picture of my family on the wall (it covers the spaghetti stain)

I suffer fools very unwell.

Have you taken note of the ordinances in the Law and made your life to adjust more correctly with His precepts?
Baptism and the Lord's Supper, check and check

Or does the Son of God have to die for you and nothing is expected of you in return?
He didn't HAVE to die for me, he wanted to. Besides, He also COMMANDED me to give away the faith.

If we can't answer yes to all of these questions then we are failing as a people.
No, just failing your little "test". I already passed the final exam; Christ took it for me and got a 100%

the stranger

Mar 12, 2011
Grand Rapids, MI
BiggAndyy said:
Not yet... still working on it.

Come again?

I also took it to my brain, that's the part I think with.

BACON!!!!!!!!!

Do you pay tithes?
Yup (but not perfectly yet)

Check

Nope. But I still like lamb.

When the kids get older...

I have a picture of my family on the wall (it covers the spaghetti stain)

I suffer fools very unwell.

Baptism and the Lord's Supper, check and check

He didn't HAVE to die for me, he wanted to. Besides, He also COMMANDED me to give away the faith.

No, just failing your little "test". I already passed the final exam; Christ took it for me and got a 100%

YEAH!! I finally know who to turn do for straight truthful simple answers :)

Reactions: biggandyy

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
IAmAWitness said:

Do you pay tithes?

You are obviously a JW so I have a question for you....

Do you believe Jesus Christ is Jehovah God in human form ?

Or do you believe Jesus is Michael the archangel in human form ?

williemac

Apr 29, 2012
Canada
IAmAWitness said:

Do you pay tithes?

These things that you are admonishing us to do are not necessarily a problem. However, if one is doing any of the list with the belief that their actions are contributing to the final outcome of eternal life, then this person has entered into the realm of salvation by works.
The truth is that Jesus has indeed asked and commanded several things of His disciples, not the least of which is to love our neighbour and our brother. However, these are not contributing factors to gain favor with Him. They are merely that which He has placed within us by virtue of the new birth. These things, if important to a person, will not add one second of life to the eternal life that is a free gift. Doing what is right is always recommended and always advised. But if we do the right things for the wrong reasons, we have gained nothing.

Reactions: biggandyy

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Nothing except a few things... out of love.
Rom 12:1-2
12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
KJV
John 14:15
15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
KJV

to name just a couple.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
I have friends and associates who are "Messianic Jews"
They have escaped legalism and found freedom from the law through Christ
Ever wonder why they call themselves "Messianic Jews" instead of "Christian Jews" ?
Ever wonder why they usually start their own congregations instead of joining ours ?

Because many "Gentile churches" are more legalistic than Orthodox Jews .

When some Christian starts preaching ..... "thou shalt not" ..... put up a red flag and plug your ears.

They do not understand Christianity and should not be teaching.

IAmAWitness

Nov 7, 2012
Arnie Manitoba said:
You are obviously a JW so I have a question for you....

Do you believe Jesus Christ is Jehovah God in human form ?

Or do you believe Jesus is Michael the archangel in human form ?

No, I am not obviously a JW but based off your previous postings, it's pretty obvious what you are. There's the rude name for it and there's the nicer form of it, Balaam had a conversation with one.

Secondly, why do you assume, fallaciously, that I would answer yes to either one of those questions? Yeshua is not the archangel Michael. He is above Michael but God is above Him. So I can't technially answer yes to either of those questions though I sympathize more with the first one.

To BigAnddy, you seem to be in good company with our friend Arnie Manitoba here.

Yeshua obviously did not want to die for you or anyone else but He subjugated His will to the will of the Father when He said, "not my will, but your will" be done. I sympathize with you as well in that I cannot answer yes to all of these questions and some need more work than others; however, we are works in progress and these are simply margins to think about going forward. I'm not a works-based salvation believer as one above suggested, but I do accept that if you persevere in your faith you will be concerned with uprooting the evil from your life, including manifesting one's faith with good works.

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
Just answering your questions. I wasn't looking for, or even interested in, your opinion of me or my theology. I don't recall you being promoted from member of the Body of Christ to judge of the Body of Christ.

I must have missed that memo...

IAmAWitness

Nov 7, 2012
BiggAndyy said:
Just answering your questions. I wasn't looking for, or even interested in, your opinion of me or my theology. I don't recall you being promoted from member of the Body of Christ to judge of the Body of Christ.

I must have missed that memo...
I haven't set myself in that position. But your smart-aleck mouth says to me that you are full of pride and arrogance, and that you are woefully unprepared to inherit eternal life in your current state of ignorance. If you are so adamant that you are under no obligation toward God, then you have no problem with murder, adultery, and every vile sort of filth.

Or, the more likely scenario, that you yourself picks and chooses which laws are good for you to follow and which ones aren't. Nothing but a hypocrite you are.

And finally, you are a lawless antichrist to even suggest that we have no laws that regulate our behavior.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
I could be wrong but you have all the traits and doctrines of a JW as follows ....

---Start with your name ..... "I Am" = "Jehovah" - Witness

---"do you cleanse your thoughts " is right out of JW books
---"do you receive His messangers" refers to door to door JW's
---"do you give up pork" .... is JW
---"study to show yourself approved" is a JW slogan
---Have you given up your Christmas trees, Easter bunnies, and Halloween? typical JW
--- Have you removed images from your home more JW rules
---Have you been a witness to others, with patience and longsuffering refers to door to door JW's

And last but not least you will not confess that Jesus Christ is Jehovah God come in the flesh.

Reactions: forrestcupp

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well now, you seem to have our community in a bit of frenzy - pin the tale on the JW! Hyper-Adventist? It does not matter what your pet doctrine-of-the-day is .........

All that matters is:

Have you recognised that your creature has broken His heart for you on a cross? Do you see how much He aches......longs for you to be in Eden communion with Him? It is time for you to drop all legal claims and just love deeply and gratefully.

Gratitude is the deep response to the deep call of Grace

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
Witness, you are now my new favorite dallience (sorry aspen, but you've been making far too much sense lately to keep your crown, we will still disagree but I respect the thoughtfulness you've made come across in your comments). Besides, witness is so full of hilarity I can't pass them up ;)

IAmAWitness

Nov 7, 2012
BiggAndyy said:
Witness, you are now my new favorite dallience (sorry aspen, but you've been making far too much sense lately to keep your crown, we will still disagree but I respect the thoughtfulness you've made come across in your comments). Besides, witness is so full of hilarity I can't pass them up ;)
Thank you. I'm far too mature by now to take this as anything other than an impressive compliment said in good spirit so I appreciate that.

Arnie Manitoba said:
I could be wrong but you have all the traits and doctrines of a JW as follows ....

---Start with your name ..... "I Am" = "Jehovah" - Witness

---"do you cleanse your thoughts " is right out of JW books
---"do you receive His messangers" refers to door to door JW's
---"do you give up pork" .... is JW
---"study to show yourself approved" is a JW slogan
---Have you given up your Christmas trees, Easter bunnies, and Halloween? typical JW
--- Have you removed images from your home more JW rules
---Have you been a witness to others, with patience and longsuffering refers to door to door JW's

And last but not least you will not confess that Jesus Christ is Jehovah God come in the flesh.

First off, you're reading into my postings a little too much and you seem to be skipping over many important details
that clearly do not help your case. Funny that should be, seeing only what you want to see. We also have a biblical
response for those who are eyeless and earless.

First thing, Mystery Babylon. The Jehovah's Witnesses teach with unanimity that the harlot is the false religious
system, e.g. anything that is not Jehovah's Witness.

What I teach, on the other hand is very different. I teach that this Babylon is not a Church or a city, but rather
a country, namely, America. In fact, you will find my posting on this in the America is Babylon thread. JWs don't
much like dissent, you will get disfellowshipped for not falling in line, you know.

Second, if I were a Jehovahs Witness, you would find somewhere in my posts me quoting the New World translation,
which you will not. In fact, in one of my posts I hint at my skepticism towards a known Jehovah's Witness on this
site who follows along the symbolic view of Revelation that JWs hold, which you can see in their interpretation
of Revelation 18. He makes it a feature of his posts to quote from the New World translation. I prefer the good old
King James, which you will see quoted exclusively in my posts where I quote from Scriptures.

Third, the JWs remove the Johannine comma found about I John 5:7 because they prefer not to face the Trinitarian
implications of that and they can fall in line with a number of higher critics who suggest that it was not in the
autograph manuscripts. The King James includes this Comma which I interpret within my own Unitarian/Subordinationist
Trinitarian Christology. I disagree with their Christology, and I am highly against their argument that Yeshua is
really Michael.

Fourth, the JWs do not believe in the Holy Spirit, referring to it as the active force, or holy spirit, no the and
no capitals. Growing up in a mainstream Pentecostal church (Church of God-Cleveland) I was impressed with THE Holy
Spirit from a young age. A post or two of mine will reflect this.

Fifth, Jehovah's Witnesses are apolitical. They highly protest members' political involvement to the point of
expulsion for those who violate this order. What's interesting is last night you made a post in the Drugs thread
where Angelina and I had a dialogue with me arguing the typical libertarian perspective while she argued a Christian
conservative perspective. Why would I be concerned with libertarian thought if I were a JW? And why would I post a
thread about Texas and succession?

Sixth, your understanding of Trinitarianism as being salvific is unfounded. The JWs do good work in this regard by
quoting the official Catholic encyclopedias which point out that Trinitarianism is not explicitly taught within the
Bible. Not only that, but Josh McDowell, the evangelical apologist, cites in the "New Evidence that Demands a
Verdict" several mainstream Christian thinkers who agree with the Catholic encyclopedia's perspective. John Locke
makes a good argument for salvific truths and tended to think that it varied according to the person and never
touched on anything which was not explicitly taught in the Bible. God has mercy, in Locke's view, and salvificisms,
for lack of a better term lack mercy (my thoughts).

Overall, the jist of your argument is somehow through your God-given insight and great faith that you are somehow
gifted with being able to reach in through your keyboard and pull out random facts about someone you don't even
know that you are entitled to and no one else, then set yourself up as some great crusader warning the helpless
imbeciles who simply don't have the strength of perception that you do to regard me with skepticism and disdain.

Aw, but it is you who are blind and have entered into a seat of judgment not yours to occupy. Think very carefully
on what I am saying. Your view is unfounded and your accusation serves to bring dissension and sows discord
among the people. My view is one of unity, though we may not be agreed on all points, we all serve the true risen
Lord, who is come in the flesh. To Him be the glory, and honor, and power forever.

I am Second

Jan 22, 2013
USA
I don't eat pork or anything that is not considered food like crabs, shrimp, etc. It has nothing to do with being Jewish and they made up so many man made rules it was ridiculous. Noah new what was food 1,000 years before the first Jew (Abraham). Noah wasn't Jewish (clean unclean), if he was Jewish we'd all be Jewish. Jesus's death on the cross did not change the DNA of swine. Any verse that people show me that says we can eat swine I point out that if you keep on reading they were talking about something else completely. God said it was detestable and He didn't change his mind.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
With all respect ... IAmaWitness ...... it is you who came preaching in your opening post with about 18 "rules" you feel should be obeyed in order to fit what you feel is an ideal christian model.

I can only answer yes to 2.5 of those rules you insist upon.

For that reason I find myself at odds with your doctrine

You started it

I will continue to believe that Jesus will accommodate all my imperfections

before I will accept that your "rules" will enhance my salvation.

williemac

Apr 29, 2012
Canada
IAmAWitness said:
I haven't set myself in that position. But your smart-aleck mouth says to me that you are full of pride and arrogance, and that you are woefully unprepared to inherit eternal life in your current state of ignorance. If you are so adamant that you are under no obligation toward God, then you have no problem with murder, adultery, and every vile sort of filth.

Or, the more likely scenario, that you yourself picks and chooses which laws are good for you to follow and which ones aren't. Nothing but a hypocrite you are.

And finally, you are a lawless antichrist to even suggest that we have no laws that regulate our behavior.
The laws you speak of that regulate our behavior are intended to be in our heart, which is just another way of saying that the nature in our new man (created according to God in true righteousness and holiness..Eph.4:24) is not the same as that of our old man. We are a new creation.
But even more importantly, in regards to the subject of justification for life....THERE IS NO LAW....for "Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes" (Rom.10:4). That's a big 10-4, my friend.

IAmAWitness

Nov 7, 2012
Arnie Manitoba said:
With all respect ... IAmaWitness ...... it is you who came preaching in your opening post with about 18 "rules" you feel should be obeyed in order to fit what you feel is an ideal christian model.

I can only answer yes to 2.5 of those rules you insist upon.

For that reason I find myself at odds with your doctrine

You started it

I will continue to believe that Jesus will accommodate all my imperfections

before I will accept that your "rules" will enhance my salvation.
They aren't rules I've made. There simply a few things i tossed out to make people think on. But fair enough.

What is not fair is for you to accuse me of being a denomination of which I am not apart of or a member of. That is where you stepped into the wrong and what this contributes to is a lack fo understanding and misperceptions about me that are unfair and that you have caused.