Jesus Does not Come to Destroy all flesh

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True. Those of the nations gathered for war in Judea. And then those goats left among the nations.
Matthew 25:31-46 sheep/goats is nothing more than a "Parable" spoken to "Herdsmen" of the final Great White Throne seen in Revelation 20:11-15

Yes Matthew 25:46 shows the final judgement has taken place, eternal life, eternal punishment (The End)

Your claim this is a judgement, then unsaved goats go holding hands and skipping into your fairy tale millennial kingdom on earth is 100% "False"

Matthew 25:46KJV
46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok. So you quote Scriptural doctrine, that no flesh and blood inherits the everlasting kingdom of God while still in natural bodies. Good. That's the same principle for us all on earth, and included Jesus.
Where's that part in bold red coming from? I NEVER said that part, nor does God's Word.

Ya know, that's one of the methods Satan uses you just did above; he knows Bible Scripture very well, but he ADDS little pieces that TWIST THE WHOLE ORIGINAL VERSE MEANING.

That is exactly... what you did above, you followed the devil, because God's Word does not say what you wrote above in red, nor with your last sentence. Instead, God's Word (Apostle Paul) said that "... flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption" (1 Cor.15:50 KJV).

And you also include the Scriptural prophecy all saints will be resurrected into immortal bodies at His coming again. Good again. But they say nothing about what happens afterward.
Per John 5:28-29 Lord Jesus revealed that ALL... in the graves will come forth at the sound of His voice, meaning the day of His future coming. So I don't see why anyone would have a problem with His saying that.

With your, "But they say nothing about what happens afterward," you mean you think God's Word says nothing about events that happen AFTER Christ's future return? If you truly believe that baloney, then I suggest you get busy in study of the REST of God's Word that you have SKIPPED, because there's a LOT written for only AFTER Christ's future return, even in the Old Testament prophets. Just the Ezekiel 40 thru 48 chapters are all for AFTER Christ's future return! So are the Revelation 20 through 22 chapters.

But we see a false prophecy of happening afterward, based upon the Scriptures, that say nothing about it.
That statement doesn't make sense.

True, by the brightness of His coming and spirit of His mouth, upon all the armies gathered in Judea to make war with Him.

And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem;

Then the fowls of the air are called from all over the earth to that area and finish them to the bones. And if there are birds that chew bones, then the bones too.

It's just so much easier to let Scripture interpret prophecy of Scripture. It also makes is so simple to reject false prophecy of men's own minds.
This conversation began with your seeming rejections about flesh destruction at Christ's coming. I only pointed out in God's Word where your ideas are not written. And now you want to SUGGEST that I haven't been allowing Scripture to interpret Scripture? You sure are a pro at TWISTING IDEAS.

Exactly, none of us can inherit the everlasting kingdom of God in heaven, until resurrected from the dead in graves on earth.

It's the same doctrine during His Millennium reign.
So to you, there's no such thing as the still alive saints on earth that will be 'changed' at the "last trump" when Jesus comes, and are "caught up" to Him on His way to Mount of Olives on earth?

Oh, I see. your teaching against the resurrection of the dead. Well, if the dead rise not, then our faith is in vain.

For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised: And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins. Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished.

The souls now in the presence of the Lord are not asleep. Just their bodies in the earth.

And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

Time for the golden rule of interpreting Scripture again: Let Scripture interpret prophecy of Scripture, and then we can easily teach it.

And speaking of sleep, if you're so tired, then go to sleep and wake up fresh from your meltdown, and try again fresh another time.
Why... are you TRYING to preach about the 'resurrection' to me when I argued against the FALSE JEW'S ideas of being literally asleep in a casket in the ground? So... YOU ARE JEWISH AND YOU BELIEVE THEIR 'DEAD IN THE GROUND' THEORY, RIGHT?

Even Ecclesiastes 12:5-7 revealed the spirit with soul departs our flesh at flesh death. 1 Kings 17 also reveals the soul leaves the flesh body at death. Likewise Jesus in Matthew 10:28 reveals this also. Same with Apostle Paul in 2 Corinthians 5.

So your interpretation of the 'golden rule of interpreting Scripture' IS A JOKE.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 25:31-46 sheep/goats is nothing more than a "Parable"
Visiting those in need is only a parable to those who do no good on earth. Nor is entering into hell or the everlasting kingdom a parable, except for those who believe in spirit-only kingdoms and hell.

There are those who make a parable of hell and the LOF, such as JW's. But the spirit-kings of a spirit-only kingdom love the LOF.

spoken to "Herdsmen" of the final Great White Throne seen in Revelation 20:11-15

The herdsmen of the GWT. That's a new one. So, you've cracked the case of exactly who casts the wicked into the LOF.

Cool. The Herdsmen of Hell. The Herdsmen of Fire. The Herdsmen Gamers of the Throne. The Great White Herdsmen of God.

Possible titles for a new Marvel Movie, or Netflix series.
Yes Matthew 25:46 shows the final judgement has taken place, eternal life, eternal punishment (The End)
No, I put it at the end of His slaughter of armies, and then judges the nations for entrance into His earthly reign.

Your claim this is a judgement, then unsaved goats go holding hands and skipping into your fairy tale millennial kingdom on earth is 100% "False"
That's your claim. I have found that people who twist Scriptures, also twist the words of others. It's a lying spirit behind it all.

Matthew 25:46KJV
46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
Correct. The goats are executed, and the sheep are saved: His Millennial reign begins with only saved newborn Christians among the nations.

And their children and babes, both in arms and in the womb.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where's that part in bold red coming from? I NEVER said that part, nor does God's Word.
So you don't quote the NT teaching after all.

Paul is speaking of living flesh and blood. There is no dead flesh and blood.

For the life of the flesh is in the blood:

There is no blood remaining in a corpse, which is why there is no life in the body, and it's called a corpse.

Although this is common sense, it's still always good to have to correct something so simple. It can even be more challenging than more complicated matters, since we now have to prove common sense from Scripture.

Conclusion: no one alive on earth in natural flesh and blood can inherit the kingdom of God, except those alive and remaining at the first resurrection, are instantly changed to immortal flesh and bones.

. flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption" (1 Cor.15:50 KJV).

Corruption is mortality of any natural body on earth, including trees and grass.

My breath is corrupt, my days are extinct, the graves are ready for me.

My wounds stink and are corrupt because of my foolishness.

Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:

Spiritual corruption has nothing to do with flesh and blood and bones.
Per John 5:28-29 Lord Jesus revealed that ALL... in the graves will come forth at the sound of His voice, meaning the day of His future coming. So I don't see why anyone would have a problem with His saying that.
Of course not. The resurrection of the dead is of the dead bodies in the graves.

With your, "But they say nothing about what happens afterward," you mean you think God's Word says nothing about events that happen AFTER Christ's future return?
The Scriptures you provided, do not say anything about what happens after the frist resurrection at the Lord's return.

Therefore, it has nothing to do with what happens after the first resurrection, and so has no proof for you. We must go to other Scripture to see that.

That statement doesn't make sense.
Sorry. You were trying to somehow find proof about your false prophecy of what happens on earth, after the Lord's return, from Scriptures that say nothing about it.

This conversation began with your seeming rejections about flesh destruction at Christ's coming.
No seeming about it. I entirely reject the Lord coming again to kill all flesh on earth. That is a false prophecy of those with the wrong manner of spirit, that Jesus rebukes.

And now you want to SUGGEST that I haven't been allowing Scripture to interpret Scripture?
Well, I have shown it about 6 times now. You just ignore it each time. Which is common for the uncorrectable.

So to you, there's no such thing as the still alive saints on earth that will be 'changed' at the "last trump" when Jesus comes, and are "caught up" to Him on His way to Mount of Olives on earth?
The context was your false teaching on 'flesh and blood' and resurrection. Yes, Those alive and remaining with blood, as well as flesh, will be change into immortal flesh and bones, in order to inherit the kingdom of God.

Why... are you TRYING to preach about the 'resurrection' to me when I argued against the FALSE JEW'S ideas of being literally asleep in a casket in the ground?
Your take on this, I believe, is that the dead in Christ, that sleep, does not refer to their old dead bodies. That is false.

And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

Daniel says the corpses sleep.

Howbeit Jesus spake of his death: but they thought that he had spoken of taking of rest in sleep.

Jesus says dead Lazarus was sleeping.

For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.

Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

Paul of course explains the dead bodies of the dead in Christ, that sleep, will be resurrected from the dead to meet Christ in the air.

At thy rebuke, O God of Jacob, both the chariot and horse are cast into a dead sleep.

There is where the phrase, the sleep of the dead, comes from.
So... YOU ARE JEWISH AND YOU BELIEVE THEIR 'DEAD IN THE GROUND' THEORY, RIGHT?
It's actually Scripture's teaching, not Jewish theory. The Jews believed it from OT Scripture, and we believe it because of OT and NT Scripture confirming it. Especially Jesus saying so.

But since you only teach your own theories, and not what is written only, then of course you'd say the same of others.

Even Ecclesiastes 12:5-7 revealed the spirit with soul departs our flesh at flesh death. 1 Kings 17 also reveals the soul leaves the flesh body at death. Likewise Jesus in Matthew 10:28 reveals this also. Same with Apostle Paul in 2 Corinthians 5.
This is true. But it is the dead body that sleepeth, that is raised from the graves, to be our immortal bodies of flesh and bones.

Just as with Jesus. The disciples recognized His face and body, but just couldn't believe it was Him in person.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Flesh is not darkness nor sin. Just natural flesh and blood like dust and grass.

I see how your demonization of naturally mortal flesh, is what leads you to teach there is no resurrection of the dead bodies from the grave.

Because you say the natural body is the old man of sin, then you say that body can't be resurrected from the dead into the kingdom of God.

Oh my goodness, brother, you have just revealed the source teaching for all OSAS separation of the soul from the deeds of the body.

You are saying, that even as the spirit is separate from the flesh, which is true, you are also then saying our walk in the spirit is now separate from walking in the flesh.

You are saying we can walk after the spirit and the flesh at the same time, yet separately!! One in heaven and one on earth. Incredible brother, just incredible. That little bit of artful reasoning is just beautifully so bad.

You are teaching a spirit-only walking after the Spirit, that is separated from a body-only walking after the flesh!

Brother, just as the law is good, if it be used lawfully, so is intelligence good, if it be used rightly.

This is the same manner of prophecy as those that teach spirit-only coming again, resurrection, and millennium on earth. I am only glad that you do not also prophecy with a vicious spirit, that the Lord returns to beat to death every person on earth with His rod of iron. (Though none of them admit, that if that is true, then they will be called upon to do the same with Him. Cowardly is what I call it.)

Exactly. Which cannot be at the same time. It's either/or only. The spirit cannot be walking after the spirit, while the body is walking after the flesh.

Correct. We are not born from the mother's womb again, nor is our body regenerated until the resurrection.

And here you have it brother. Born again out of the flesh, and so our spirit is out of the body into heaven, where we walk after the spirit in heavenly places, and separate from the deeds of the body on earth..

Brother, you are teaching a Christian life of out-of-body experience! You are one of those angels ascending and descending upon the church of the son of man!!! That are so beautiful and cute!!

It is as a god knowing both good and evil, and bringing down revelations from above, that are both not Bible, and yet true! New revelation from heaven, to be taught beside Scripture. Now, I actually have your mind in my hands.

If you are still living a godly life, then God bless you brother, but if you are not, then your in real deep danger, by justifying it as being body experience only, while being pure in spirit-experience only.

Which is only at the death of the body. We do not commit our souls to God in heaven now, while laying down our life for Christ on earth, as though our souls are resurrected into heaven and separate from our bodies remaining alive on earth.

Brother, the heavenly places we sit in now, are our hearts and souls within our bodies on earth, not in heaven. When the Lord enters our hearts on earth, then so does His heavenly kingdom down here. Our hearts and souls have not yet been resurrected and raised into the throneroom of God. Our heavenly seats are here on earth, even as our soul and spirit remains housed in earthen vessels.

Brother, We can travel the celestial realms all you want, but so long as our body remains here on earth, the deeds of our body are not 'separate' from our soul and spirit: we still answer for our lives on earth If we are sinning in unrighteous works of the flesh, then we are spiritually just as dead as any other sinner of the world. And if we are being told otherwise by celestial being we are flying with out of body, then he's not from God, but the prince and power of the air.

You marvel seemingly in unbelief, but what I have been describing is written, as he who "set his right foot on the sea and his left foot on the land", which is the one in heaven and the other on the earth. This is also what is meant by "for me, to live is Christ."

"For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you.

But no, not "out of body--I didn't say that. But rather, "we who are alive and remain" in the world, remain also in the body.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would-be. Sorry, brother, but would-be is the same as no resurrection of the body.

They saw Him ascend bodily, in His resurrection immortal flesh and bones, the same as He was among them on earth.

For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised: And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.

All resurrection of the Bible, is plainly of the old dead body from the dust of the earth.

There is no such thing as spirit-only resurrection. Brother, you are talking christianized new age-ism. New agers teach spirit-only divinity.

Brother, now you are belittling the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, as being 'mere demonstration', as though there is something greater. I suppose that would be one of your revelations.

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,

The resurrection of our dead bodies, in the likeness of Jesus' resurrection, is to that eternal inheritance in heaven. It's reserved in heaven for our own immortal resurrected flesh and bones. We are not there yet.

And so you see how once again you much change Scripture, to try and confirm your revelation.

The Scripture does not say no flesh at all shall enter in, but only no natural flesh and blood enters the kingdom of God. Only resurrected immortal flesh and bones do.

Now, this is true, because you actually teach it as written.

Which is unfortunately all else you are teaching here by personal revelation from on high. And the result is no resurrection of the dead, according to the Scriptures. I.e. the dead bodies in the grave.

I'm going to have to challenge your manner of life: Do you live a righteous godly life on earth?

For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Does this apply to you?

It does to me by His grace daily walking after his Spirit, and not after the flesh.There was a time when I did live double hearted in the wretchedness of Romans 7, but I knew I needed to repent in order to live in the blessedness Romans 8 and no condemnation.
I said "would-be resurrection, because there is no resurrection of the flesh except for "we who are alive and remain" in the world until we too ascend. Which resurrection is not for the flesh which only remains until it returns to the dust. But it is rather the spirit which is life, even temporarily to the flesh, but only temporarily.

Regarding the dead--indeed they rise, they are "the dead in Christ", as are all who have died before salvation came..."but each one in his own order." Still, "flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God", nor flesh and bone, for they are all elements of dust and of the earth which is dissolved. All are raised in the spirit--which is all that is everlasting.

As for Christ rising from the dead being a demonstration--all the world is a demonstration, a manifestation bringing form to "made in the image of God." Such is not the form of anything laid up in heaven. But you may ask, is there no form then in heaven? To which I would ask you, is God less because He is spirit, or is He more...and can He not forever speak form of any kind into being at will? Of course--for even matter is even now only light and energy--meaning it all is and was ever "only spirit." As such, it is only the man of sin that not will take form ever again--no more mere "image", which is flesh as we now know it. None of which however, is the glorifying of the flesh, but rather the glory of the spirit, which is the perfection of God. This is that incorruptible inheritance.

As for your challenge, I have said nothing that is not written, except to explain what is: None are without sin, save Christ.

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brother. The Scripture does not say Scripture is not enough. Jesus warns against adding to or taking away from any of it. That's where the added testament of Mormons and Sacred traditions of Mariology comes from.

So, God has intentionally confused Scripture, so that man would be compelled to seek spiritual revelation from His own mouth in heaven.

And those who only study and trust in Scriptures as written for us, are just spiritually lazy.

Brother, The languages unknown to others was the purposed confusion, not the languages themselves, and certainly not the Scripture translated into all languages.

Babel is because the one language was made into many languages, that no one could yet translate from one to the other. Those of the same language understood one another perfectly.

Your reasoning of all languages are confused is not sound.

You are rattling on again. Try to be more concise.

I explained scripture not being enough and God's confusing of "all" language, as the Bible does. You obviously just don't believe it.

Do I really need to remind you that the scriptures also repeat the reality that people hear and see and read but do not understand, and that parable language is also purposely used to keep some from understanding?

You have no defense. What I said is true. Why do you fight to hold on to the ways of this world and what is common and comfortable to men? You say, you are trying to reason with me--but I am not trying to reason, but to simply tell you without such refrain. Do you also aspirer to give the typical response? Because that is what you are doing.

I recommend speaking of one point at a time and not moving forward until that one point is resolved and fully reconcilable with all scripture. But I warn you, historically, even the professional students and teachers of scripture were so far from the truth, the crucified Christ. Learned knowledge too, is not enough.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
However, I believe you are saying something else. It's not the interpretations that are so much at fault, but the words of the Bible themselves?

When you say languages and the Scriptures are confused, and speak of interpretations as confusion of Scriptures, as well as the Scriptures are not private but corrupted. You are actually claiming that the words of the Bible today, are not the 'private' personal words given by God to the prophets and apostles?

You're saying in your own inestimable way, that at least some of the original private words of God have been corrupted or lost. So that the words of the Bible we have now, are not all true Scripture of God, but pseudo-scripture. Or they lack original Scripture altogether.

When you say the Scriptures are not private, but corrupted, you are saying the words themselves have been corrupted by public handling!

But you take it to a higher level. You're not just making that claim and leaving the door open, as others do, to promote your own private interpretations. You are claiming your revelations are not prive interpretation at all, but are the words of God spoken to you in heaven, so that you are correcting the corrupted and lost parts of God's 'Bible', back to it's original form the Word in the beginning.

You're not so much saying the Scriptures are corrupted, nor that there is more Scripture needed to be added, but you are saying the words of the Lord, originally given to the prophets and apostles are not all entirely, nor accurately written for us today.

This is why you speak of having been in Christ the Word in the beginning, and are now spiritually resurrected in heaven, out of the body on earth. And the purpose is to 'awake' you to all the words of the beginning, but revelation of God. And you also say other believers ought cease to be lazy and seek the Spirit of truth as you have, so they too can begin revealing the whole true word of God in the beginning, when we were all in Christ together.

For us earth-bound Christians, you are delusional and heretical, while to you we are in bondage to corrupted words of old flesh and blood.

Cute.

And so, you say it is foolish to bind ourselves to some pseudo-scripture in the current Bible:

But I will shew thee that which is noted in the scripture of truth:

This to you is a foolish angel.

And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

You say this is a foolish way to reveal the truth of Jesus Christ.

These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

This to you is most foolish of all, not more noble.

Brother, the one thing the scribes did not get wrong, is to faithfully and exactly copy down all the words of every prophet and apostle of God. And all the words of Scripture from the beginning, are all given to the prophets and apostles.

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

All Scripture is given by God already, and all of it is correctly given in the words of the Bible.

You are claiming an apostleship to rewrite the words of the Bible into original Scripture given by God. You are doing what no apostle of Christ has done: not any of them 'corrected' the words of the prophets, but only quote them to confirm the gospel of Jesus Christ.

God never gave any of His apostles any corrections to the corrupted words of the prophets. Nor does He give any man today to correct the corrupted words of the apostles.

And now by private revelation to you spiritually in heaven, you are correcting the errors of public men, mishandling the original Scriptures of God.

But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully;

You would apply this to the Scriptures themselves, and not to false interpretations of them. You would say devious men have purposely corrupted the words themselves, so that the Bible itself is corrupted. It is therefore foolish to trust only in the partially corrupted Bible of today.

And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another.

You apply this to your new revelation today, that it's not really new but is the true Scriptures of old since the beginning. And this new revelation of old words of truth, is now given to you, to correct the corruptions.

You therefore are receiving from God no new word of God, but the same old word, that has since been corrupted and lost.

You're here to write all true Scripture of God for man, as it was with the Word in the beginning, and once purely given to His prophets and apostles of old.

And you're humbly exhorting others, that you are not the only one God could use to do so, if the rest of us would get off are lazy backsides, only studying a corrupted book, and seek God, until we also hear His words from the beginning, spoken to us today in heaven.

You can keep it up all you like. You will correct the words of the Bible, to reveal the old truths that are lost, and I will continue the exercise of rejected your new revelation of old lost truths, by quoting the Bible.

Now if you say I don't get you right, then take one single point I have made, and show how it is not what you are teaching. I am not trying to corrupt your revelation, but really want to know it as you do. It's is very fascinating.

You are presuming to know what I have been saying as if to rewrite it in your own way. But you have not presumed correctly, so I am not going to continue this way.

One little point at a time, one baby step.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God the Holy Spirit lives and dwells within me

Back to the banishment to weeping and gnashing of teeth, big smiles!

No hatred towards you whatsoever as you falsely claim, your theology is a Metaphysical Mystical Gobbly Goop found no place in the Holy Bible "Fact"

You have been found naked, and repeatedly want to take away my tunic, so I have repeatedly offered you my cloak also, but you have repeatedly rejected it. It is enough.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
he knows Bible Scripture very well, but he ADDS little pieces that TWIST THE WHOLE ORIGINAL VERSE MEANING.
Most English translations are GARBAGE. I imagine that's true of other language editions. Most Christian preachers are teaching false doctrines.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you don't quote the NT teaching after all.

Paul is speaking of living flesh and blood. There is no dead flesh and blood.

For the life of the flesh is in the blood:

There is no blood remaining in a corpse, which is why there is no life in the body, and it's called a corpse.

Although this is common sense, it's still always good to have to correct something so simple. It can even be more challenging than more complicated matters, since we now have to prove common sense from Scripture.

Conclusion: no one alive on earth in natural flesh and blood can inherit the kingdom of God, except those alive and remaining at the first resurrection, are instantly changed to immortal flesh and bones.

Corruption is mortality of any natural body on earth, including trees and grass.

My breath is corrupt, my days are extinct, the graves are ready for me.

My wounds stink and are corrupt because of my foolishness.

Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:

Spiritual corruption has nothing to do with flesh and blood and bones.

Of course not. The resurrection of the dead is of the dead bodies in the graves.

The Scriptures you provided, do not say anything about what happens after the frist resurrection at the Lord's return.

Therefore, it has nothing to do with what happens after the first resurrection, and so has no proof for you. We must go to other Scripture to see that.

Sorry. You were trying to somehow find proof about your false prophecy of what happens on earth, after the Lord's return, from Scriptures that say nothing about it.

No seeming about it. I entirely reject the Lord coming again to kill all flesh on earth. That is a false prophecy of those with the wrong manner of spirit, that Jesus rebukes.

Well, I have shown it about 6 times now. You just ignore it each time. Which is common for the uncorrectable.

The context was your false teaching on 'flesh and blood' and resurrection. Yes, Those alive and remaining with blood, as well as flesh, will be change into immortal flesh and bones, in order to inherit the kingdom of God.

Your take on this, I believe, is that the dead in Christ, that sleep, does not refer to their old dead bodies. That is false.

Daniel says the corpses sleep.

Howbeit Jesus spake of his death: but they thought that he had spoken of taking of rest in sleep.

Jesus says dead Lazarus was sleeping.

For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.

Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

Paul of course explains the dead bodies of the dead in Christ, that sleep, will be resurrected from the dead to meet Christ in the air.

At thy rebuke, O God of Jacob, both the chariot and horse are cast into a dead sleep.

There is where the phrase, the sleep of the dead, comes from.

It's actually Scripture's teaching, not Jewish theory. The Jews believed it from OT Scripture, and we believe it because of OT and NT Scripture confirming it. Especially Jesus saying so.

But since you only teach your own theories, and not what is written only, then of course you'd say the same of others.

This is true. But it is the dead body that sleepeth, that is raised from the graves, to be our immortal bodies of flesh and bones.

Just as with Jesus. The disciples recognized His face and body, but just couldn't believe it was Him in person.
Your understanding is whacked, that's all there is to it. There's no way anyone can communicate with you because of your sordid lack of basic education.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have been found naked, and repeatedly want to take away my tunic, so I have repeatedly offered you my cloak also, but you have repeatedly rejected it. It is enough.
Correction: You have repeatedly judged myself to weeping and gnashing of teeth, for exposing your Metaphysical Mystical Gobbly Goop theology, found no place in scripture

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus returns to defeat all evil and set up His eternal kingdom of righteousness

The rapture (catching up) is not the same event as the turn of Jesus to earth to defeat all evil and set up His eternal kingdom of righteousness.
!!
Hello there. How do you interpret 2 Thessalonians 1:10? Here it is in context:

2 Thessalonians 1:6 God is just: He will pay back trouble to those who trouble you 7 and give relief to you who are troubled, and to us as well. This will happen when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven in blazing fire with his powerful angels. 8 He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. 9 They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might 10 on the day he comes to be glorified in his holy people and to be marveled at among all those who have believed. This includes you, because you believed our testimony to you.

Do you not believe that "the day he comes to be glorified in his holy people and to be marveled at among all those who have believed" is the same day as the rapture? If you do, then what else did Paul indicate will happen on that day?

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, yours is. Neither one you posted is fire killing at the second coming. The bible says a symbolic sword is used.
A symbolic sword will somehow be literally used to literally kill people? Is that what you're trying to tell us? LOL.

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe in the rapture theory. Ezekiel chapter 13, God hates the fly away doctrine. Isaiah chapter 24. Jesus is coming 7th trump to clean house. Let's understand this. Second esdras chapter 7. The wicked are on side of sheol, called hell. It's holding place for the wicked. The wicked are waiting for judgement day. Those found unworthy go with satan into lake of fire, revelation chapter 20. Psalm chapter 9:16. The Lord is known by the judgment which He executes ; The wicked is snared in the work of his own hands. 9:17. The Wicked shall be turned into hell.,and all the nations that forget God. The saint's will be in kingdom of God. The wicked in sheol, called hell. The wicked destroy themselves

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe in the rapture theory. Ezekiel chapter 13, God hates the fly away doctrine.

Actually it is God who is freeing the souls so they can fly away from the traps that were catching them.

Eze 13:20 Wherefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against your pillows, wherewith ye there hunt the souls to make them fly, and I will tear them from your arms, and will let the souls go, even the souls that ye hunt to make them fly.
Eze 13:21 Your kerchiefs also will I tear, and deliver my people out of your hand, and they shall be no more in your hand to be hunted; and ye shall know that I am the LORD.

Here God is going to "tear" souls from their arms that have trapped them, to "let the souls go" and we all knows souls can fly. The souls are not being hunted and trapped in their arms to make them fly...that's the opposite of what is being done. The souls are CAUGHT so they cannot fly and God wants to free therm so they CAN fly.

The words "pillow" and "kerchiefs" should be understood as nets or sheets. This is one way to catch birds ie: things that fly. To free a bird caught this way, one must tear the sheets/nets to "let the souls go". To go clearly implies being able to fly away.

In this passage, souls are trapped and God is freeing them so they can fly away. It is not about God being against the concept of a rapture or catching up into the air. That is the misinterpretation and poor teaching of one church, the Shepherd's chapel. It's unique to them, and so very easy to identify.

Darby has a decent translation:

Eze 13:20 Wherefore thus saith the Lord Jehovah: Behold, I am against your pillows, that the souls which ye catch by their means may fly away; and I will tear them from your arms, and will let the souls go, the souls that ye catch, that they may fly away.
Eze 13:21 And I will tear your veils and deliver my people out of your hand, and they shall be no more in your hand to be hunted; and ye shall know that I am Jehovah.

Here's how I would word it:

Eze 13:20 Wherefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against your SHEETS/NETS, wherewith ye there hunt the souls. To make them fly (escape), I will tear them from your arms, and will let the souls go (even the souls that ye hunt) to make them fly (away).
Eze 13:21 Your kerchiefs (SHEETS/NETS) also will I tear, and deliver my people out of your hand, and they shall be no more in your hand to be hunted; and ye shall know that I am the LORD.

This makes far more sense and matches what Darby was trying to convey.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your understanding is whacked, that's all there is to it. There's no way anyone can communicate with you because of your sordid lack of basic education.
I quote Scripture and give the obvious sense of it. It infuriates people, that like to play around with Scripture and make up their own doctrines and prophecies.

They call it being really educated.

O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
How do you interpret 2 Thessalonians 1:10?
2 Thessalonians 1:6-10 It is just; that the Lord should balance the account by sending judgement to those who afflict you, to give those who love and serve Him relief, when Jesus comes to punish the ungodly, with His mighty host in blazing fire. They will suffer the penalty of eternal destruction, but on that great Day His glory will be revealed to all true believers.
He will stand on Mt Zion, and He will select the 144,000. Revelation 14:1

This passage of Scripture is not describing the Glorious Return of Jesus for His Millennial reign. It is an event before then –‘ when He comes in blazing fire and reveals His glory among His own’. It does not fit how He destroys the armies that are attacking Jerusalem at His Return, then how the whole world will see Him.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Thessalonians 1:6-10 It is just; that the Lord should balance the account by sending judgement to those who afflict you, to give those who love and serve Him relief, when Jesus comes to punish the ungodly, with His mighty host in blazing fire. They will suffer the penalty of eternal destruction, but on that great Day His glory will be revealed to all true believers.
He will stand on Mt Zion, and He will select the 144,000. Revelation 14:1

This passage of Scripture is not describing the Glorious Return of Jesus for His Millennial reign. It is an event before then –‘ when He comes in blazing fire and reveals His glory among His own’. It does not fit how He destroys the armies that are attacking Jerusalem at His Return, then how the whole world will see Him.
LOL. If that passage is not referring to the glorious return of Jesus then no passage does. I can't take you seriously when you can't even recognize that 2 Thess 1:6-10 is about the return of Jesus.