Jesus don't even know!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BibleScribe

Jun 17, 2011
S.W. USA
I will show those that are willing to do the work how to find it. ..

LOL, -- All you show is your slight of hand.

To All,

Be not deceived, -- if this "tomwebster" had any such evidence he would show it. And if we believed it, then we would be in violation of Scripture. So all his empty blustering is so much hot air.

However, where Scripture says no man knows the day nor the hour, -- it doesn't say we can't know the week, month, season, year (1), decade (10), score (20), century (100), daytona (500), or millennium (1,000). Accordingly, I would propose that Scripture DOES define the year, and one can surmise the season or possibly the month, and conceivably up to the week. But this would not include me, for my expertise (or lack thereof) is only respective to the season.

BibleScribe

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
However, where Scripture says no man knows the day nor the hour, --...

To All:

THE SYNONYMOUS WORDS FOR "KNOW", "KNOWLEDGE", ETC.

I. THE VERB
1. oida = to know (intuitively) without effort, to understand. No. i is subjective, while No. ii is objective.
ii. ginosko = to know (by experience, or effort); to acquire knowledge, become acquainted with; hence, to come or get to know, learn, perceive. See John 1:48. 1John 5:20. Eph. 5:5.
iii. epi-ginosko. No. ii with epi = upon (Ap. 104. xiv); to know thereupon, to become thoroughly acquainted with; to know thoroughly and accurately, recognize. See 1Cor. 13:12.
iv. pro-ginosko. No. ii with pro (Ap 104. xiv) = to get to know beforehand, to foreknow.
v. epistamai = to obtain, and thus have a knowledge of anything by proximity to it, or as the result of prolonged attention; in contrast with the process of getting to know it, or with a mere casual, dilettante acquaintance with it. See Acts 15:7; 18:25; and see note on 19:15.

II. THE NOUN
i. gnosis = knowledge acquired by learning, effort, or experience. the result of No. ii above.
ii. epignosis = precise or further knowledge, thorough acquaintance with; true knowledge.
iii. sunesis = native insight, understanding, capacity to apprehend; used of reflective thought, while sophia (wisdom) is used of productive thought.

(King James Companion Bible Appendixes #132.)

To BS:

Reactions: tomwebster

BibleScribe

Jun 17, 2011
S.W. USA
To All,

Who is it that uses words to confound and confuse the bretheren (and sisteren)? Is Scripture not enough?

Matthew 24:36 (NKJV)

[sup]36[/sup] “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven,[sup][/sup] but My Father only.

And so we know the tree that bears good fruit and the tree that bears bad fruit.

BibleScribe

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[sup]32[/sup]But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.
[sup]33[/sup]Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is. - Mark 13:32, 33

And Jesus comes as a thief...

Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame. - Rev 16:15

For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.- 1 Thessalonians 5:2

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. - 2 Peter 3:10

[sup]39[/sup]And this know, that if the goodman of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched, and not have suffered his house to be broken through.
[sup]40[/sup]Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not. - Luke 12: 39-40

On my video that I have posted above I have used Isaac Newton's quotations stated the following way...

"So then the time times & half a time are 42 months or 1260 days or three years & an half, reckoning twelve months to a year & 30 days to a month as was done in the Calendar of the primitive year. And the days of short lived Beasts being put for the years of lived kingdoms, the period of 1260 days, if dated from the complete conquest of the three kings A.C. 800, will end A.C. 2060.” – Isaac Newton

As Charlemagne was crowned king on December 25, 800 by Pope Leo the III so the day of Christ's coming will be on Christmas Day, 2060. If the rapture of the saints (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17) occurs seven years before the time of Christ’s coming the date of the rapture 12.25 2053. However… Isaac Newton notes…

“It may end later, but I see no reason for its ending sooner. This I mention not to assert when the time of the end shall be, but to put a stop to the rash conjectures of fancifull men who are frequently predicting the time of the end, & by doing so bring the sacred prophesies into discredit as often as their predictions fail. Christ comes as a thief in the night, & it is not for us to know the times & seasons which God hath put into his own breast." –Isaac Newton

Though it is in interesting study for us to try to piece together the timing of future events, the exact timing of everything is in the hands of God the Father!

TWC

Dec 1, 2008
As Charlemagne was crowned king on December 25, 800 by Pope Leo the III so the day of Christ's coming will be on Christmas Day, 2060. If the rapture of the saints (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17) occurs seven years before the time of Christ’s coming the date of the rapture 12.25 2053. However… Isaac Newton notes…
Scripture says otherwise.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
[sup]32[/sup]But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.
[sup]33[/sup]Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is. - Mark 13:32, 33

And Jesus comes as a thief...

Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame. - Rev 16:15

For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.- 1 Thessalonians 5:2

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. - 2 Peter 3:10

[sup]39[/sup]And this know, that if the goodman of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched, and not have suffered his house to be broken through.
[sup]40[/sup]Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not. - Luke 12: 39-40

To All:

Why do you suppose Christ went to the trouble of telling us:
[sup]"39[/sup]And this know, that if the goodman of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched, and not have suffered his house to be broken through.
[sup]40[/sup]Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not." - Luke 12: 39-40

Is it maybe so we would study and know when that thief was coming? And do you think Christ is the thief? When does the Day of the Lord start? And, who comes first?

BibleScribe

Jun 17, 2011
S.W. USA
To All:

Why do you suppose Christ went to the trouble of telling us:

If Scripture is wrong in one account, it is wrong in the whole. But where I would defend Scripture as PERFECT, so I would judge you as less so.

To All,

As provided previously, beware of those who attempt to bring Scripture in disrepute.

BibleScribe

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If God wanted us to know the exact dates of latter day prophecies he would have been more specific. What he has given us....

1. There will be a resurrection of the dead.
2. There will be a tribulation.
3. Those events will come upon us as a thief...

Consider... Consider Noah!

[sup]36[/sup]But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
[sup]37[/sup]But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
[sup]38[/sup]For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
[sup]39[/sup]And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
[sup]40[/sup]Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
[sup]41[/sup]Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
[sup]42[/sup]Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come. - Matthew 24: 36,37,38,39,40,41,42

Consider Noah...

[sup]24[/sup]For as the lightning, that lighteneth out of the one part under heaven, shineth unto the other part under heaven; so shall also the Son of man be in his day.
[sup]25[/sup]But first must he suffer many things, and be rejected of this generation.
[sup]26[/sup]And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.
[sup]27[/sup]They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.
[sup]28[/sup]Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;
[sup]29[/sup]But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
[sup]30[/sup]Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.
[sup]31[/sup]In that day, he which shall be upon the housetop, and his stuff in the house, let him not come down to take it away: and he that is in the field, let him likewise not return back.
[sup]32[/sup]Remember Lot's wife.
[sup]33[/sup]Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it.
[sup]34[/sup]I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left.
[sup]35[/sup]Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
[sup]36[/sup]Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
[sup]37[/sup]And they answered and said unto him, Where, Lord? And he said unto them, Wheresoever the body is, thither will the eagles be gathered together. - Luke 17:24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
If God wanted us to know the exact dates of latter day prophecies he would have been more specific. What he has given us....

Some have eyes to see or ears to hear, some don't have eyes to see or ears to hear! Some are willing to do the work, most are not! Some listen to BS!

Reactions: tomwebster

BibleScribe

Jun 17, 2011
S.W. USA
Some have eyes to see or ears to hear, ...

Some receive Scripture:

[sup]36[/sup] “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only.

... but others do not.

2 Timothy 4:3
For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.

I pray each of us prefer sound doctrine rather than deceptions. :)
BibleScribe

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth
Some receive Scripture:

[sup]36[/sup] “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only.

... but others do not.

For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.

BibleScribe

Two points!
highfive-1.gif

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
Some receive Scripture:

... but others do not.

BibleScribe

Two points!

Like I said:

Some have eyes to see or ears to hear, some don't have eyes to see or ears to hear! Some are willing to do the work, most are not! Some listen to BS!

I pray each of us prefer sound doctrine rather than listening to BS!

Reactions: tomwebster and Paul

TWC

Dec 1, 2008

Consider... Consider Noah!

[sup]36[/sup]But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
[sup]37[/sup]But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
[sup]38[/sup]For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
[sup]39[/sup]And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
[sup]40[/sup]Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
[sup]41[/sup]Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
[sup]42[/sup]Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come. - Matthew 24: 36,37,38,39,40,41,42

Consider Noah...

[sup]24[/sup]For as the lightning, that lighteneth out of the one part under heaven, shineth unto the other part under heaven; so shall also the Son of man be in his day.
[sup]25[/sup]But first must he suffer many things, and be rejected of this generation.
[sup]26[/sup]And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.
[sup]27[/sup]They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.
[sup]28[/sup]Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;
[sup]29[/sup]But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
[sup]30[/sup]Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.
[sup]31[/sup]In that day, he which shall be upon the housetop, and his stuff in the house, let him not come down to take it away: and he that is in the field, let him likewise not return back.
[sup]32[/sup]Remember Lot's wife.
[sup]33[/sup]Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it.
[sup]34[/sup]I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left.
[sup]35[/sup]Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
[sup]36[/sup]Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
[sup]37[/sup]And they answered and said unto him, Where, Lord? And he said unto them, Wheresoever the body is, thither will the eagles be gathered together. - Luke 17:24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37

Verse 37 refers to those who are taken. Being "taken" here is not what you think and certainly isn't a good thing.

Noah wasn't taken. He was left. Those on the ark were the only ones left after the flood.

Matthew 24:38-39
For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

BibleScribe

Jun 17, 2011
S.W. USA
[quotename'BibleScribe, on 06 September 2011 - 07:18 PM']
Some receive Scripture:

... but others do not.

BibleScribe

[/quote]

Two points!
highfive-1.gif

Hi THE Gypsy,

It's really not hard for us to follow Scripture, for we receive from GOD. However, not all are as firmly planted in Christ, and thus I would adjure the less rooted Christians to be wary of wolves, -- both here in this Forum and in this Topic. :unsure:

Your Servant,
BibleScribe

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bible scribe... Great postings!

revturmoil

Feb 26, 2011
New Hampshire's North Woods
Verse 37 refers to those who are taken. Being "taken" here is not what you think and certainly isn't a good thing.

Noah wasn't taken. He was left. Those on the ark were the only ones left after the flood.

Matthew 24:38-39
For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

You are correct.

Just like it was in the days of Noah......

That's the separation of the sheep and goats. That's one event that determines who will populate the millennium.

Verses 34-37 of Mathew 24 have nothing to do with a rapture.