Jesus don't even know!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus himself does not know when the tribulation begins here on earth...

[sup]32[/sup]But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.
[sup]33[/sup]Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is. - Mark 13:32,33

And the bible says...

I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, - Isaiah 42:8 (Not even Webster! haha!)

And I don't think God the Father is interested in elevating anyone here above his son Jesus Christ.

So... What is the council in this matter?

[sup]42[/sup]Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
[sup]43[/sup]But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.
[sup]44[/sup]Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh. - Matthew 24:42,43,44

[sup]38[/sup]And if he shall come in the second watch, or come in the third watch, and find them so, blessed are those servants.
[sup]39[/sup]And this know, that if the goodman of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched, and not have suffered his house to be broken through.
[sup]40[/sup]Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not. - Luke 12:38,39,40

NicholasMarks

Aug 23, 2011
I have wondered about this point too. Perhaps the reason is that this 'great tribulation' will be triggered by man. The worst-case scenario for global warming reads something like the great tribulation that Jesus spoke about in Matthew. Could it be that this phase of Jesus's teaching will take place when the planet cannot take any more abuse and tips into chaos. A chaos inflicted upon it at the hands of those who are totally ignoring his (Jesus' word)...and just as inthe days of Noah, are currently laughing and joking and ignoring what God has decreed, as a certainty, before he saves those who have taken hm to seriously.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NicholasMarks... Good point! :)

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006

[sup]32[/sup]But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.
[sup]33[/sup]Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is. - Mark 13:32,33

Again, Look up the meaning of the word, " knoweth," in Greek. I have gone over this many, many times already.

Reactions: tomwebster

Perspectives

Aug 12, 2011
Northwest
Mat. 24:36 But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the Angles of Heaven, but My Father only. Whether Jesus new or was forbidden to tell is not important, whatever it is will happen as the Father has purposed. What is extremely important in this time is discerning false christs and false prophets (Mat.24:24). He's not saying that men will claim to be Christ Himself, but rather falsely anointed ones. Christ, as you all know is the anointed one and His anointing. A lengthly post could be submitted on that subject alone. So, how does one go about making the distinctions between the two. I would start by understanding that success in ministry is not about nickles and noses. Bigger is not better. What passes for the prophetic is all to often pathetic. There's alot of proph-a-lying out there, not much prophesying! If you have ever been in the presence of a truly anointed one, you will know it. Programs can be misleading as well, a distraction to keep us busy. Also comparing (IICor.10:12) ourselves among ourselves is not wise.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Webster... Knoweth in the Greek is ginōskō, which means...

1) to learn to know, come to know, get a knowledge of perceive, feel
__a) to become known
2) to know, understand, perceive, have knowledge of
__a) to understand... to know

So knoweth = knows!

BigPicture... The weight and ethical duties of scripture is to love God and ones fellow man... As far as timelines... No one knows for sure... If anyone thinks he has everything in Revelation figured out he is more likely also possessed with an evil spirit of arrogance...

I have taken a stab at this in which I admit that the dates are not exact but merely my best take on things.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The scripture in Revelation and of the end time is ambiguous... Therefore it would be hard for anyone to build any kind of doctrine around. Most denominations leave the end time prophecies to a simple statement like "We believe in a second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ."

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
John 21:17 (NKJV)
17 " And he said to Him, "Lord, You know all things; You know that I love You."

Perspectives

Aug 12, 2011
Northwest
The scripture in Revelation and of the end time is ambiguous... Therefore it would be hard for anyone to build any kind of doctrine around. Most denominations leave the end time prophecies to a simple statement like "We believe in a second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ."
Quoting one verse as an example does not a doctrine make. Ambiguity concerning the final book is for those who miss the title of said book. The Revelation of "Jesus Christ", and that's all the book is about. That's really all the entire Bible is about.

Reactions: Prentis

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Quoting one verse as an example does not a doctrine make. Ambiguity concerning the final book is for those who miss the title of said book. The Revelation of "Jesus Christ", and that's all the book is about. That's really all the entire Bible is about.

Good point!

Whenever we think that the end is somethint else then being conformed to Christ and the revelation that we receive of him, we miss the point! God is not trying to tell us how to figure it out carnally and save ourselves carnally! He's trying to get to us so that we realize that we were made for communion with him.

Eternal life is to KNOW the Father and the Son. And he is known and worshipped in the Spirit! By this, we can have fellowship with him, because he is Spirit! :)

TWC

Dec 1, 2008

So the day and hour that Jesus was speaking of is where the tribulation begins?

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[sup]24[/sup]But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light,
[sup]25[/sup]And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken.
[sup]26[/sup]And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.
[sup]27[/sup]And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven. - Mark 13:24-27

SO say the preceding verses. Jesus Christ comes a thief... In an hour that we look not.

TWC

Dec 1, 2008
[sup]24[/sup]But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light,
[sup]25[/sup]And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken.
[sup]26[/sup]And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.
[sup]27[/sup]And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven. - Mark 13:24-27

SO say the preceding verses. Jesus Christ comes a thief... In an hour that we look not.

I asked where it said that the unknown day and hour was at the beginning of the tribulation. The verses you posted seem to say the exact opposite.

BibleScribe

Jun 17, 2011
S.W. USA
NO! the word "knoweth" in Matthew 24: 36 is not ginosko but keep looking.

Yeah, so long as you don't look to "tomwebster" for any answer.

The fact is, "tomwebster" has no answer and no scriptural obedence. But he does have a lot of ill considered advise for those gullable enough to read his idiocy. However, Scripture says what we ARE to perform to.

BibleScribe

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
Yeah, so long as you don't look to "tomwebster" for any answer.

The fact is, "tomwebster" has no answer and no scriptural obedence. But he does have a lot of ill considered advise for those gullable enough to read his idiocy. However, Scripture says what we ARE to perform to.

BibleScribe

We'll see about that BS.

BibleScribe

Jun 17, 2011
S.W. USA
We'll see about that BS.

You could have provided substance or blather. I see which one you have selected.

To All,

Please allow me to present a brief history of this individual's assertions:

Ref. Topic: "A time line", Post #4 by BibleScribe, and Post #5 by tomwebster, http://www.christian...67-a-time-line/

Please be aware that just because GOD says "no man knows the day nor the hour", that we can't know the week, the month, the season, the year, the decade, the score, the century, the daytona (the 500), or the millennium. The fact is, the year is identified in Scripture.

But we can study and learn. You are misreading Matthew 24:36. The word "knoweth" is intuitive knowledge. We do not know intuitively but we can learn if we study.

Where "tomwebster" has feigned knowledge, it's a simple process to prove what he really is. -- And it ain't a capital "C" Christian, but it might be a capital "D" deceiver.

BibleScribe

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
Ref. Topic: "A time line", Post #4 by BibleScribe, and Post #5 by tomwebster, http://www.christian...67-a-time-line/

BS, your link was wrong, it should be:
http://www.christian...67-a-time-line/
posts #’s 5, 11, 19, and 23.

Here’s another place I taught the same thing: Topic: Mat 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

http://www.christianityboard.com/topic/14052-mat-2436-but-of-that-day-and-hour-knoweth-no-man-no-not-the-angels-of-heaven-but-my-father only/page__hl__%22matthew+24%3A36%22__fromsearch__1

I have posted many studies on this subject and many other subjects over the years .

BibleScribe

Jun 17, 2011
S.W. USA
I have posted many studies on this subject and many other subjects over the years .

If you know the day and/or the hour, as you intimated, then provide it. -- But I suspect that your assertion is empty words

BibleScribe

To All,

It's a simple thing to follow Scripture, for GOD gives us HIS guidance in a clear and concise fashion. However, there are those who would attempt to deceive you from believing what the FATHER has provided, as though we should follow that individual. As such we are to be wary of these types of tricks, whether in the Garden or today.

BibleScribe

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
If you know the day and/or the hour, as you intimated, then provide it. -- But I suspect that your assertion is empty words

BibleScribe

I will show those that are willing to do the work how to find it. Those that are not willing to do the work will see it if I told them.

To ALL,

Follow BS if you want or follow Scripture, it's YOUR choice!