JESUS Has The Power To Raise You Up = II Corinthians 4;14

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Miz KJV Only

Oct 20, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
JESUS Has The Power To Raise You Up = II Corinthians 4;14

II Corinthians 4;14

Knowing that He which raised up the Lord Jesus shall raise up us also by Jesus, and shall present us with you.

Ephesians 5:14

Wherefore He saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.

I Thessalonians 4:16-17

For the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

John 21:14

This is now the third time that Jesus shewed Himself to his disciples, after that He was risen from the dead.

Mark 12:23-27

In the resurrection therefore, when they shall rise, whose wife shall she be of them? for the seven had her to wife. And Jesus answering said unto them, Do ye not therefore err, because ye know not the scriptures, neither the power of God? For when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry, nor are given in marriage; but are as the angels which are in heaven. And as touching the dead, that they rise: have ye not read in the book of Moses, how in the bush God spake unto him, saying, I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? He is not the God of the dead, but the God of the living: ye therefore do greatly err.

Luke 7:13-15

And when the Lord saw her, He had compassion on her, and said unto her, Weep not. And He came and touched the bier: and they that bare him stood still. And He said, Young man, I say unto thee, Arise. And he that was dead sat up, and began to speak. And He delivered him to his mother.

John 6:38-40

For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of Him that sent me. And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which He hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. And this is the will of Him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on Him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 6:53-54

Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink His blood, ye have no life in you. Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 6:44

No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

AMEN

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And.... You now... have the power to forgive sin...

Joh 20:22 And when He had said this, He breathed on them and *said to them, "Receive the Holy Spirit. 23 "If you forgive the sins of any, their sins have been forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they have been retained."

You do have the Spirit of Forgivness don't you?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And.... You now... have the power to forgive sin...

Joh 20:22 And when He had said this, He breathed on them and *said to them, "Receive the Holy Spirit. 23 "If you forgive the sins of any, their sins have been forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they have been retained."

You do have the Spirit of Forgivness don't you?
Are you certain that this wasn't solely for those disciples who would be Jesus' Apostles?

John 20:19-23 KJV
19) Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
20) And when he had so said, he shewed unto them his hands and his side. Then were the disciples glad, when they saw the Lord.
21) Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.
22) And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:
23) Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.

Jesus told them, as the Father sent Me, even so send I you, and then gave the the same power to forgive or not forgive people's sins. Jesus both forgave and retained sins, and gives this authority to His Apostles.

Much love!

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Forgiveness for sins is only possible through the sacrifice of Jesus, and the person involved has to show sincere repentance for it in order to obtain it.

The words of John 20:22 were addressed exclusively to the apostles of Jesus, and referred to that after their anointing (which would occur on Pentecost after Jesus' death), they could, by the holy spirit in them, determine whether Some person was repentant or not according to what they knew about the matter and God's decision about whether to forgive the person or not according to what the spirit in them indicated to them, so the apostles did have a special authorization regarding forgiveness, in line with their special role in the childhood of the Christian congregation.

However, in the Scriptures there is not a single case in which they have given "absolution" of any sin by simple favor or personal grace based on the authority that had been granted to them.

To receive forgiveness and be received into the congregation again, a sinner had to show his sincere repentance. That is the procedure that current congregations must follow, since in this time no one has received from Jesus the same authority that he gave to his apostles and other anointed ones in the first century, and that they could only exercise in its/their specific context by the power of the spirit received directly from heavens.

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you certain that this wasn't solely for those disciples who would be Jesus' Apostles?

John 20:19-23 KJV
19) Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
20) And when he had so said, he shewed unto them his hands and his side. Then were the disciples glad, when they saw the Lord.
21) Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.
22) And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:
23) Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.

Jesus told them, as the Father sent Me, even so send I you, and then gave the the same power to forgive or not forgive people's sins. Jesus both forgave and retained sins, and gives this authority to His Apostles.

Much love!
No.... You have the Power to forgive sin.... In fact.... you are commanded to do so.....

Mat 6:14 "For if you forgive others for their transgressions, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.

Mat 6:15 "But if you do not forgive others, then your Father will not forgive your transgressions.

Mat 18:21 Then Peter came and said to Him, "Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me and I forgive him? Up to seven times?"
Jesus *said to him, "I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven.

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians can forgive certain offenses (Eph. 4:32; Mat. 5:23, 24; 1 Pet. 4:8). However, the context of John 20:23 suggests that Jesus was referring to more serious sins.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No.... You have the Power to forgive sin.... In fact.... you are commanded to do so.....

Mat 6:14 "For if you forgive others for their transgressions, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.

Mat 6:15 "But if you do not forgive others, then your Father will not forgive your transgressions.

Mat 18:21 Then Peter came and said to Him, "Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me and I forgive him? Up to seven times?"
Jesus *said to him, "I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven.
I think there is a difference between me forgiving someone some offense against me, and remitting or retaining sins against God.

Much love!

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians can forgive certain offenses (Eph. 4:32; Mat. 5:23, 24; 1 Pet. 4:8). However, the context of John 20:23 suggests that Jesus was referring to more serious sins.
So... your suggesting a non-serious sin is different than a serious sin? Like one can put you in hell... the other .... can shall we say.... oh well... you sinned but it was no big deal... so move along?

Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

So only some more serious Sin = Death...

Am I reading you correctly...

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So... your suggesting a non-serious sin is different than a serious sin? Like one can put you in hell... the other .... can shall we say.... oh well... you sinned but it was no big deal... so move along?

Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

So only some more serious Sin = Death...

Am I reading you correctly...
No all personal offenses are sins.