Jesus is a human being but not the one true God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
How do you dispute Christianity and call yourself a Christian?[/QUOTE]
You can dispute the above stated by you,
sorry, what specifically do you mean that i am disputing? Not sure what you mean by "the above" sorry
but then you are NOT a Christian.
so then, you make a law for me that i must follow. You have entered the Holy of Holies, iow

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
i believe that God is the head of Christ, and that Jesus had to be raised up like a snake on a pole, dying to self, to draw men to Christ
YOU have to die to self.
Jesus didn't have to die for self.
HIS self was perfect.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
How do you dispute Christianity and call yourself a Christian?

sorry, what specifically do you mean that i am disputing? Not sure what you mean by "the above" sorry
so then, you make a law for me that i must follow. You have entered the Holy of Holies, iow[/QUOTE]
bb
You could believe what you want to,
But unless you believe what Christian's believe you are not a Christian.
Are JWs Christian?
Why not?
They believe in Jesus.....

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
No
so you say, but reality seems to be quite different, doesn't it
.No.
It's not different.
Reality is what it is.
YOU don't get to make up what Christianity is.
It was already determined 2,000 years ago.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you want to call yourself a Christian, you MUST believe this:

Apostles' Creed
You must believe in God FAther.
God Son.
God Holy Spirit. IOW The Holy Trinity

You must believe that Jesus is a unique (begotten) creature and is GOD.
The word Catholic has a small c and the communion of saints means that EVERYONE who believes in Jesus is the Body of Christ. Alive or "dead".

If one does not believe in the above, the cannot be considered Christian.

Without even touching the details of the twelve numbered items, your final statement makes me wonder. People serve God at a multitude of different levels according to their own experiences and gifts and opportunities or the lack of certain things.

In more than one place, I have been hushed or asked to leave because of what I would or would not embrace. I have seen others cast out of places for similar reasons. We must of course stand where we believe, but because someone differs in some point or points, should that be a good reason for us to make such a final judgment? Is a Christian not one who is Christ-like or is striving to become Christ-like? If they miss on one or more of listed points, does that make them a non-Christian?

When a person who is completely heathen in practices and beliefs first comes to Christ, will he immediately embrace all of those things in this creed? Should he? Even if he should eventually, what is he in the interim? A non-Christian and therefore not saved until he gets it all together?

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Without even touching the details of the twelve numbered items, your final statement makes me wonder. People serve God at a multitude of different levels according to their own experiences and gifts and opportunities or the lack of certain things.

In more than one place, I have been hushed or asked to leave because of what I would or would not embrace. I have seen others cast out of places for similar reasons. We must of course stand where we believe, but because someone differs in some point or points, should that be a good reason for us to make such a final judgment? Is a Christian not one who is Christ-like or is striving to become Christ-like? If they miss on one or more of listed points, does that make them a non-Christian?

When a person who is completely heathen in practices and beliefs first comes to Christ, will he immediately embrace all of those things in this creed? Should he? Even if he should eventually, what is he in the interim? A non-Christian and therefore not saved until he gets it all together?
I agree with you,,everything you've said except one thing.
You said being a Christian just means trying to be like Christ.
Who was Christ?
Why would I want to be like him?

If we agree on that, and I think we might, then I'm good .

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
i did not say that i don't believe that; i said that according to historical accounts Nazareth did not exist in the first century; it cannot be proven iow, to lawyers, in a court of law
Are the historical accounts true

Or is Luke true????????