Jesus Is Lord

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. - Philippians 2:10-11.

All the things that makes Jesus Lord you didn't have anything to do with. When you say Jesus is Lord you need to watch how you mean that. Just because you say I'm making Jesus Lord of my life does not mean you make him Lord. Lordship is all the things Jesus was made to us such as; wisdom, righteousness, sanctification, and so on. The Lordship made unto you is something Jesus is by no act of a believer, other than believing. Spiritual law is all of these things made unto us. That means it happened by an act of God or it is all provided in God by Christ in you. You understanding these things does not matter, anything Christ is made for us we have nothing to do with. The more you understand the provision of God's cross with the death of his Son the more expression you have but you did nothing to make it work.

When something is made it is not dependent on your understanding it to make it work. That is spirit, you cannot work this up to make it happen, it has all ready happened with the born again now they need to know something about it. With all the great strides a believer may attain in their walk with God it will have nothing to do with them making Christ anything to themselves. He has already been made everything they will ever need for here and eternity. So you do not make Jesus anything in your life he already is everything including your life, you have no other life but Christ. He is more than just a Spirit life, he is the completion of everything and the very expression of who you are.

Christ in you comes out of you as you are, you may not know that but your creation is to be lived as a Christ-person. That takes consent, Jesus is Lord but he needs you, he needs your understanding to come out of you, your mind for living. You are mind, body, and spirit, all work in conjunction with who you are. Your spirit connected you to Christ when you were born again, your body is a container that has expression by soul and spirit. Human beings are triune in that they have a body, soul, and spirit.

The moment you believed you became one in spirit with Christ, the two became one. It takes time and teaching by the Holyspirit for the soul to catch up with the facts of what has happened to the believer in spirit. Body only does what it is told, if you know Christ lives as you (your creation) you will act like it and learn Christ life expression. I have yet to see any believer come to understand and live Christ over night, it is a gradual knowledge in most cases. But the fact is Christ has been made all things to the believer the moment they believed.

What is wisdom, righteousness, sanctification and so on? It is the person of Christ in you. Bless you

Reactions: Pathfinder7

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Addressing the OP, good topic, but what's, Christ is God's, meaning? that he, Jesus God, is yours. 1 Corinthians 3:21 "Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours;"
1 Corinthians 3:22 "Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are yours;"
1 Corinthians 3:23 "And ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's."

Many miss that, "Christ's is God's". for Christ is the LIVING GOD. you said it best soul man,
10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. - Philippians 2:10-11.
Isaiah 45:21 "Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me."
Isaiah 45:22 "Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else."
Isaiah 45:23 "I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear."

well, well, well, that's the LORD, all cap of the OT, but is not it the Lord Jesus in Philippians 2:10-11? lets see.... Romans 14:11 "For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God."
Romans 14:12 "So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God."

what did Romans 14:11 say? "For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God".

where is that written at Lord Jesus? again, Isaiah 45:23 "I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear." can God lie? no... so Jesus is Lord.

PICJAG.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

All the things that makes Jesus Lord you didn't have anything to do with. When you say Jesus is Lord you need to watch how you mean that. Just because you say I'm making Jesus Lord of my life does not mean you make him Lord. Lordship is all the things Jesus was made to us such as; wisdom, righteousness, sanctification, and so on. The Lordship made unto you is something Jesus is by no act of a believer, other than believing. Spiritual law is all of these things made unto us. That means it happened by an act of God or it is all provided in God by Christ in you. You understanding these things does not matter, anything Christ is made for us we have nothing to do with. The more you understand the provision of God's cross with the death of his Son the more expression you have but you did nothing to make it work.

When something is made it is not dependent on your understanding it to make it work. That is spirit, you cannot work this up to make it happen, it has all ready happened with the born again now they need to know something about it. With all the great strides a believer may attain in their walk with God it will have nothing to do with them making Christ anything to themselves. He has already been made everything they will ever need for here and eternity. So you do not make Jesus anything in your life he already is everything including your life, you have no other life but Christ. He is more than just a Spirit life, he is the completion of everything and the very expression of who you are.

Christ in you comes out of you as you are, you may not know that but your creation is to be lived as a Christ-person. That takes consent, Jesus is Lord but he needs you, he needs your understanding to come out of you, your mind for living. You are mind, body, and spirit, all work in conjunction with who you are. Your spirit connected you to Christ when you were born again, your body is a container that has expression by soul and spirit. Human beings are triune in that they have a body, soul, and spirit.

The moment you believed you became one in spirit with Christ, the two became one. It takes time and teaching by the Holyspirit for the soul to catch up with the facts of what has happened to the believer in spirit. Body only does what it is told, if you know Christ lives as you (your creation) you will act like it and learn Christ life expression. I have yet to see any believer come to understand and live Christ over night, it is a gradual knowledge in most cases. But the fact is Christ has been made all things to the believer the moment they believed.

What is wisdom, righteousness, sanctification and so on? It is the person of Christ in you. Bless you
@soul man Such a memorable passage from Philippians 2 there; a lot of believers know some of it by heart...

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. - Philippians 2:10-11

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end."

Blessed are they who wash their robes so as to have the right to the tree of life and enter the city through its gates.

Outside are the dogs, the sorcerers, the unchaste, the murderers, the idol-worshipers, and all who love and practice deceit.

"I, Jesus, sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the root and offspring of David, the bright morning star."

The Spirit and the bride say, "Come." Let the hearer say, "Come." Let the one who thirsts come forward, and the one who wants it receive the gift of life-giving water.

Rev 22:13-17

Christ is risen!
Alleluia!