Jesus is Not Returning Like a Theif in the Night for those that Know Him!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is Not Returning like a Theif in the Night for those that Know Him!!
03-30-19, 04:35 PM
1 Thessalonians 5 (KJV)

5 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.

2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
03-30-19, 04:35 PM
1 Thessalonians 5 (KJV)

5 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.

2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

We know a general time frame, not a specific time.

Just like the maidens in the parable didn't know had their close lamps ready to go when the groom came and took them, or to use the biblical phrase snatched them them.

As for general time 1948 set the clock in motion for the generation. But it did not specify exactly how long or even what generation was.

Personally, today a lifespan generation is 82 years. I use that number which says sometime in the next 15 years. Be it a nano second future or the full 15 years. But I know it's coming and will not be a surprise.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
paris_tuileries_garden_facepalm_statue.jpg