Jesus is the Door, the Way, the Truth and the Life

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Elias

Dec 6, 2007
The Lord said, "Most assuredly I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber" (Jn 10:1), "I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out, and find pasture" (Jn 10:9). "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me" (Jn 14:6). "I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing" (Jn 15:5).These are the words of Our Lord. He is indeed the very essence of truth, for we cannot enter the life of grace except through this door. We cannot walk in the way of virtue except if we take this way. You would stray if you did not put Jesus before your eyes always. Let Him be the door which you enter by. Let Him be the way that you take. Let Him be the truth that you seek. Let Him be the life that you desire to live.When the poisonous serpents rose against the children of Israel in the wilderness, the Lord ordered Moses to make a bronze serpent and raise it, and everyone who was bitten by a serpent and looked to the bronze serpent would immediately be healed from the poison. This was but a symbol of Our Saviour and Lord Jesus Christ on the cross "and as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life" (Jn 3:14-15). You are now in the wilderness of this world which is filled with many deadly serpents. However if you look to Jesus you will be saved from every harm and as long as you continue to look to Jesus you will not be harmed by any evil, and that serpent of old – meaning Satan – cannot overcome you. Turn your face then to Christ. Concentrate your gaze and look with the eyes of your mind. Work with all your heart on contemplating the beauty of Jesus. You will then be enlightened with the eternal light, and your heart and being will shine with the ray of Divine light. You will then become more beautiful than the sun and you will find the door of grace open before you and the path of life easier for you.As you meet with the Lord Jesus then proceed in Him, and walk in His light, and rely upon His righteousness. Let your faith in Him be unshaken, and be steadfast in Him. Make Him a portion of your comfort, and the inheritance of your salvation, and the reward of your glorification in this life, and say with St. Paul, "For to me, to live is Christ" (Phil 1:21). "For I through the law died to the law that I might live to God. I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me" (Gal 2:19-20).Archdeacon Habib Girgis

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
I enjoyed this post! I have been studing in Mark 16...this sheds light to the verse that says we shall take up serpents and not be harmed. Serpents representing Satan.I have also heard a preacher say that the tabernacle doors of were called way, truth and life....these doors that entered the courts of the tabernacle.

waquinas

Apr 24, 2008
Doors are also meant to be used, which requires the user to do something. The same was true in the desert with the serpent staff.