Jesus prophesied that Sabbath would be kept by Christians until His return

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
As u wil, Waar ek my Afrikaanse vertaling van die Grieks het, vervang dit met Zulu of en ander Bantu-tale. Nee, ekskuus, nie vervang nie, maar my, vertaling (wat die Grieks getrou is, kan ek met 'n skoon gewete sê) oorgesit of weergegee in hierdie taal of tale.
Is u nou ernstig deur te vra of dit nou huiswerk is en nou wat? My ore het nog nooit sulke woorde gehoor nie.
Ek kan nie "werk" op dropbox nie, lyk vir my dis in html, kan jy iets doen sodat ek kan begin?

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Gerhard, very biblically sound, just give me directives how to help, since I have all the time in the world, and let's get this project started, with the Lord's help and the Holy Spirit.
Johann
Hoogwaarderend, geagte Johann.
Dáár is: MY vertaling; sit DIT oor, asseblief -- Soos reeds gesê, moet asseblief nie vertalings in u besit net maar in die plek van myne plaas nie. HULLE IS ONBETROUBAAR.
Nommer twee: Hou asseblief so na as moontlik (idiomaties LETTERLIK) aan MY vertaling en moenie verbeteringe of veranderinge of afwykings van MY vertaling onderneem nie. U IS VRY OM KANT-AANTEKENINGE VAN U EIE BESKOUING BY TE VOEG. U KAN U EIE VERTALING IN U EIE BOEK geskoei op my metode en formaat, maak.
Nommer drie: SOLANK DIT NIE IN U VERTALING VAN MY VERTALING IS NIE hoef u geen erkenning van my metodiek of formaat of vertaling, aan te dui nie, of verantwoording aan my van watter aard ookal te doen nie.
Nommer vier. Tyd maak nie vir my saak nie want "ek het die goeie STRYD GESTRY en voorts is AANSTONDS vir my weggelê die kroon van die ewige lewe".

Seënbede met u onderneemde taak.

HIM

Apr 18, 2021
Ashland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nie ek nie; ek ken nie Zulu of enige ander Bantutaal nie. Maar u? Sal u?
Maar sal u TERSELFDERTYD my Afrikaanse vertaling oorsit in Zulu, nie die Dinamies-Ekwivalente kwasie / pseudo vertalings van die ROOMSES NIE! Dit sou ek dalk self kon regkry, maar ek wil juis daarvan af en wegkom.

I can give it n go Gerhard, in pure Nguni Zulu, learned it from Prof Nyembesi since I was a young lad, and a couple of other lingo's.

Sien jy like nie die "Romeine" nie, don't stress, me too.

Ek wil nou nie snaaks klink nie, maar wat is in dit vir my?
Please continue this elsewhere.

HIM

Apr 18, 2021
Ashland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[*]No Spam. Christianity Board is a place for thoughtful discussion. This means that we are simply not interested in any product or any other solicitation for that matter, including posting across multiple forums. While ultimately under the staff’s discretion, the following are considered spam:
  • Any solicitation for any product or service. A member may post their personal site link on their signature line or on their account profile as long as it is Christian and the member has achieved the required minimum posts of ten (10)
  • The act of posting multiple topics on the same issue, otherwise known as cross-posting, is not allowed.
  • Posting rather excessive, meaningless short replies outside of the Games Forum. Examples would be posts that simply say “Yes.” Or “I agree” and do not contribute to the actual discussion in meaningful form. It is absolutely fine to acknowledge your agreement, but please refrain from posting single-word replies. If multiple members do this, it begins to take up space and increases clutter.
  • Off-topic posts clearly and deliberately placed in the wrong forum(s) are included.
  • Members who join this forum to solicit/recruit others to boost their own forums either though public posts or private messaging. This is considered as spam and will be removed. Warnings will be given but ultimately that member will be banned if those warnings are not complied with under the "spamming" rules

Reactions: GerhardEbersoehn

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
[*]No Spam. Christianity Board is a place for thoughtful discussion. This means that we are simply not interested in any product or any other solicitation for that matter, including posting across multiple forums. While ultimately under the staff’s discretion, the following are considered spam:
  • Any solicitation for any product or service. A member may post their personal site link on their signature line or on their account profile as long as it is Christian and the member has achieved the required minimum posts of ten (10)
  • The act of posting multiple topics on the same issue, otherwise known as cross-posting, is not allowed.
  • Posting rather excessive, meaningless short replies outside of the Games Forum. Examples would be posts that simply say “Yes.” Or “I agree” and do not contribute to the actual discussion in meaningful form. It is absolutely fine to acknowledge your agreement, but please refrain from posting single-word replies. If multiple members do this, it begins to take up space and increases clutter.
  • Off-topic posts clearly and deliberately placed in the wrong forum(s) are included.
  • Members who join this forum to solicit/recruit others to boost their own forums either though public posts or private messaging. This is considered as spam and will be removed. Warnings will be given but ultimately that member will be banned if those warnings are not complied with under the "spamming" rules
Ban me, since this was no spamming
No solicitation
A brother asked me to help him translate his Afrikaans Bible into Zulu. I don't "get paid"
It's an act of love.

Do you have a problem with that?
Instead of wasting my precious time, why don't you "whine" somewhere else?

Thank you.
J.

Reactions: mailmandan

HIM

Apr 18, 2021
Ashland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ban me, since this was no spamming
No solicitation
A brother asked me to help him translate his Afrikaans Bible into Zulu. I don't "get paid"
It's an act of love.

Do you have a problem with that?
Instead of wasting my precious time, why don't you "whine" somewhere else?

Thank you.
J.
The above is listed in respect to the spamming violation. You and our brother flooded this thread with 2 pages of unrelated posts.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The above is listed in respect to the spamming violation. You and our brother flooded this thread with 2 pages of unrelated posts.
All about an opportunity to translate his Afrikaans Bible and notes in umlimilwesiZulu.
You are offended because my Afrikaans brother conversed with me in Afrikaans.

Again, no spamming
No solicitation

You obviously have not noticed that for the past three days I am conversing/countering with an SDA member flooding this Forum with ream after ream of EGW teachings?

Again, don't waste my time, to me time is precious and a gift of God.

Thank you
J.

HIM

Apr 18, 2021
Ashland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You wrote "In this context are we dead to the Law. What need be of the Law if we be dead to Sin and servants of righteousness through Christ?" Correct. So why do you contradict yourself and what the Bible clearly says?

The Bible law defines sin -- or at least some of it. It doesn't define all of it, especially regarding modern life. For example, if someone commits insider trading of stocks, where is that mentioned? If someone violates copyright law, where is that mentioned? => We are guided by the Holy Spirit into all truth <= As Christians we are dead to the law. Romans 7:6, "But now we are discharged from the law, dead to that which held us captive, so that we are enslaved in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the written code."
No contradiction. If we are dead to sin, the old man is crucified that body of sin be destroyed and we will not be serving sin. For he that is dead to sin is freed from it.

If we have been baptized into His death we are raised up with Him in likeness of His resurrection and walk in newness of life. No longer servants of sin but of righteousness through the glory of the Father. That which was on tables of stone and parchment is now on the fleshly tables of our hearts through Christ. For We are or are to be as God intended. Not of the letter, For the letter killeth. The Law that which was to be unto life we found to be unto death. Because it only showed what sin was. It did nothing change us and therefore is not needed anymore because we are a new creation in Christ Jesus and His resurrection. If the Son set us free, free we are indeed! That which is of the Law, the word has now become who we are through and in Christ Jesus. We have or will have new hearts through the engrafted word. We do because we want to not because we have to.

We are dead nevertheless we live. Yet not us but Christ lives in us and the life we now live in the flesh we live by the faith OF the Son of God who gave himself for us. Christ in us the hope of glory. For it is He that works in us both to will and do His good pleasure.

Rom 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
Rom 6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
Rom 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
Rom 6:5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
Rom 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
Rom 6:7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.
Rom 6:8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:
Rom 6:9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.
Rom 6:10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
Rom 6:11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Rom 6:12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
Rom 6:13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
Rom 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
Rom 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
Rom 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
Rom 6:17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.
Rom 6:18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

HIM

Apr 18, 2021
Ashland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your post is really off the rails. Jesus DID NOT predict the sabbath would be kept by Christians until His return.

IN FACTJesus never used the word Christian at all. JESUS IS A JEW.

(King of Jews in fact - NOT pope or bishop of a church or head of a church. Jesus is the one and only annointed Jewish King, priest and prophet of ISRAEL. This is what Messiah, ha-mashiach in Hebrew, means. Google it.)

The word Christian only appears in scripture three times; Acts 11:26, Acts 26:28 & 1 Peter 4:16.

Some scholars have suggested the disciples of Jesus never called themselves Christians at all. The moniker was attached to them by pagans. (Acts 11:26) They 'were called Christians' not 'they called themselves Christians'.

Today the sabbath (shabbat) IS NOT KEPT by the church - either the Roman church, the orthodox church or the protestant church. This is a fulfillment of a prophecy of Daniel 7:25 (He [anti-Christ] will speak against the Most High and oppress his holy people and try to change the set times and the laws.)

The "set time and law" for the sabbath (shabbat) is the last day of the week - Saturday, not Sunday.

"the seventh day is a day of sabbath rest" (Exodus 31:15)

The Vatican attempted to change GOD'S LAW from Saturday to Sunday as predicted by the prophet Daniel.

We observe Sunday instead of Saturday because the Catholic Church transferred the solemnity from Saturday to Sunday.” (Rev. Peter Geiermann C.SS.R., The Convert’s Catechism of Catholic Doctrine, p. 50).

Thus the post-modern church DOES NOT KEEP THE SABBATH, called Shabbat in Hebrew, AT ALL.

Sunday worship, called 'the Lord's Day' by the Vatican, is a violation of the 4th commandment.
The attempt to change God's LAW is blaspheme - a SIN.

God owns Saturday.
The NFL owns Sunday.

One can argue against keeping Shabbat on Saturday, but one cannot rewrite scripture. What God has ordained is true. It is NOT subject to change by any human. God is not interested in human opinion. It is our duty to trust and obey Him and His LAW.

Unfortunately the post-modern church has fallen into the same trap as its Jewish forbears. It has created its own Tradition and assumed that Tradition supersedes God's LAW. It doesn't.

Behold the work of the anti-Christ - ON SUNDAY.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...
None of which answers the objective facts of the OP. That the grammar of chapter 24 show us that Jesus EXPECTED His followers to be observing the Sabbath through the tribulation prior to His coming in the clouds and the gathering of the elect.

Each word emphasized in bold below is either a conjunctive particle or an adverb which connects what is about to be said to what was previously stated. Therefore the whole chapter is being answered in context to the tribulation prior to His coming and the gathering of the elect. They who are alive during this time period are therefore counseled to pray that their flight from this tribulation not be in the winter or on the Sabbath Day. Therefore Jesus expects His followers to be observing the Sabbath when He returns.

Matt 24:2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.
Matt 24:3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?
Matt 24:4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
Matt 24:5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
Matt 24:6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
Matt 24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
Matt 24:8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.
Matt 24:9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.
Matt 24:10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.
Matt 24:11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
Matt 24:12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
Matt 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
Matt 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
Matt 24:15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand.
Matt 24:16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:
Matt 24:17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:
Matt 24:18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.
Matt 24:19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!
Matt 24:20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:
Matt 24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
Matt 24:22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.
Matt 24:23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
Matt 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
Matt 24:25 Behold, I have told you before.
Matt 24:26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
Matt 24:27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
Matt 24:28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.
Matt 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
Matt 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
Matt 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I'm going to ask you the same thing as I asked another member....

How many mitzvot, nomos, entole, law is mentioned in Romans?

1. The Mosaic law...
2. The law of faith...

...can you fill in the rest?

Says me, hollering from South Africa.
J.
Depending upon the quality of one's onLine search engine, less than a dozen references to the word 'LAW' are listed in the book of Romans.

I use YOUNG'S ANALYTICAL CONCORDANCE (hardcover printed version), which lists 67 verses referring to the LAW in Romans alone. For instance; "Those who do not live by the LAW will die by the LAW" (vs. 2:12) and "I delight in the LAW..." (vs. 7:22) as well as verse 3:27 which asks WHICH law one is addressing when seeking justification before God.

Searches for references to mitzvot, noms and Entole aren't available in standard English reference materials. That being said, all three of these terms are linked one way or another to that which binds religious exercise and doctrine - laws.

The primary two laws under consideration in the NT are generally referred to as the LAW of grace (Torah - Mosaic LAW) and the law of works (Talmud - Rabbinic Judaism). Without getting into detailed explanations about additions and exclusions (such as mitzvot), these are the two basic premises from which Jesus and the apostles argue: one is justified by the Mosaic LAW of grace vs. one is justified by tradition (works).

It may be of interest to the reader that by current standards of religious legal interpretation Jesus would be labeled a Karaite Jew (one who recognizes Torah alone as God's binding religious law).

The American post-modern church has falsely claimed Mosaic LAW was destroyed on the cross when in fact it was certified as perfect (Hebrews 10:14) and not abolished (Matt 5:17). Having thus denied God's LAW of grace, the American post-modern church has embraced its own form of religion - making Christian tradition the law of works it claims will save. (2 Tim 3:5) In other words, the American post-modern church has elevated itself to the level of god thus committing the SIN of blaspheme. At the same time it denies the power of godly religion. It has fallen into the same theological TRAP as those Jews who are bound by Talmud.

Tradition doesn't save anybody whether it be Jewish tradition or Church tradition.

Which LAW is argued most often?

In the pages of the NT, Jesus and the apostles argued Torah vs. Talmud - the LAW of grace (Torah) vs. the law of works (Talmud/tradition). Most American church types are not aware of the distinction because their education has been limited to memorizing buzz words and scripture as religious slogans. They have become Biblically illiterate and spiritually bankrupt.

Last edited:

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Depending upon the quality of one's onLine search engine, less than a dozen references to the word 'LAW' are listed in the book of Romans.

I use YOUNG'S ANALYTICAL CONCORDANCE, which lists 67 verses referring to the LAW in Romans alone. For instance; "Those who do not live by the LAW will die by the LAW" (vs. 2:12) and "I delight in the LAW..." (vs. 7:22) as well as verse 3:27 which asks WHICH law one is addressing when seeking justification before God.

Searches for references to mitzvot, noms and Entole aren't available in standard English reference materials. That being said, all three of these terms are linked one way or another to that which binds religious exercise and doctrine - laws.

The primary two laws under consideration in the NT are generally referred to as the LAW of grace - the LAW of Moses (Torah) and the law of works (Talmud). Without getting into too much detail about additions and exclusions (such as mitzvot), these are the two basic premises from which Jesus and the apostles argue: one is justified by the LAW of grace vs. one is justified by tradition (works).

It may be of interest to the reader that by current standards of religious legal interpretation Jesus would be labeled a Karaite Jew (one who recognizes Torah alone as a binding religious law).

The post-modern church today has falsely claimed Mosaic LAW was destroyed on the cross when in fact it was certified as perfect (Hebrews 10:14) and not abolished (Matt 5:17). Having thus denied God's LAW of grace, the post-modern church today has embraced its own form of religion - making Christian tradition the law of works it claims will save. (2 Tim 3:5) In other words, the post-modern church of today has elevated itself to the level of god while denying the power of godly religion at the same time. It has fallen into the same theological TRAP as the Jewish community.

Tradition doesn't save anybody whether it be Jewish tradition or Church tradition.

Which LAW is argued most often? In the pages of the NT, Jesus and the apostles argued Torah vs. Talmud - the LAW of grace (Torah) vs. the law of works (Talmud/tradition). Most American church types are not aware of the distinction because their education has been limited to memorizing buzz words and scripture as religious slogans.

Familiar with the Babylonian Talmud and some other rabbinical writings and sources.

But the Messiah Jesus censored the “Oral Law” when He said, “By the traditions of your elders you make void the Word of God.” (St Matthew 15).

The English translation of the Talmud has been watered down so as to conceal from the Gentiles the “satanic verses” contained in the original Hebrew.

Michael A. Hoffman II in his article titled “The Truth About The Talmud – A Documented Exposé Of Supremacist Rabbinic Hate Literature” published in Rense.Com (rense.com) wrote the Talmud is Judaism’s holiest book (actually a collection of books). Its authority takes precedence over the Old Testament in Judaism. Evidence of this may be found in the Talmud itself, Erubin 21b (Soncino edition): “My son, be more careful in the observance of the words of the Scribes than in the words of the Torah (Old Testament).”
Rabbi Joseph D. Soloveitchik is regarded as one of the most influential rabbis of the 20th century, the “unchallenged leader” of Orthodox Judaism and the top international authority on halakha (Jewish religious law). Soloveitchik was responsible for instructing and ordaining more than 2,000 rabbis, “an entire generation” of Jewish leadership.

N.Y. Times religion reporter Ari Goldman described the basis of the rabbi’s authority: “Soloveitchik came from a long line of distinguished Talmudic scholars…Until his early 20s, he devoted himself almost exclusively to the study of the Talmud…He came to Yeshiva University’s Elchanan Theological Seminary where he remained the pre-eminent teacher in the Talmud…He held the title of Leib Merkin professor of Talmud…sitting with his feet crossed in front of a table bearing an open volume of the Talmud.” (N.Y. Times, April 10, 1993, p. 38).

Nowhere does Goldman refer to Soloveitchik’s knowledge of the Bible as the basis for being one of the leading authorities on Jewish law. The rabbi’s credentials are all predicated upon his mastery of the Talmud. Other studies are clearly secondary. Britain’s Jewish Chronicle of March 26, 1993 states that in religious school (yeshiva), Jews are “devoted to the Talmud to the exclusion of everything else.”
The Jewish Scribes claim the Talmud is partly a collection of traditions Moses gave them in oral form. These had not yet been written down in Jesus’ time. Christ condemned the traditions of the Mishnah (early Talmud) and those who taught it (Scribes and Pharisees), because the Talmud nullifies the teachings of the Holy Bible.

Shmuel Safrai in The Literature of the Sages Part One (p.164), points out that in chapters 4 and 5 of the Talmud’s Gittin Tractate, the Talmud nullifies the Biblical teaching concerning money-lending: “Hillel decreed the prozbul for the betterment of the world. The prozbul is a legal fiction which allows debts to be collected after the Sabbatical year and it was Hillel’s intention thereby to overcome the fear that money-lenders had of losing their money.”

The famous warning of Jesus Christ about the tradition of men that voids Scripture (Mark 7:1-13), is in fact, a direct reference to the Talmud, or more specifically, the forerunner of the first part of it, the Mishnah, which existed in oral form during Christ’s lifetime, before being committed to writing. Mark chapter 7, from verse one through thirteen, represents Our Lord’s pointed condemnation of the Mishnah.

Unfortunately, due to the abysmal ignorance of our day, the widespread “Judeo-Christian” notion is that the Old Testament is the supreme book of Judaism. But this is not so. The Pharisees teach for doctrine the commandments of rabbis, not God.

The Talmudic commentary on the Bible is their supreme law, and not the Bible itself. That commentary does indeed, as Jesus said, void the laws of God, not uphold them. As students of the Talmud, we know this to be true.

Jewish scholar Hyam Maccoby, in Judaism on Trial, quotes Rabbi Yehiel ben Joseph: “Further, without the Talmud, we would not be able to understand passages in the Bible…God has handed this authority to the sages and tradition is a necessity as well as scripture. The Sages also made enactments of their own…anyone who does not study the Talmud cannot understand Scripture.”

But all in all, a excellent post from you.
J.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Familiar with the Babylonian Talmud and some other rabbinical writings and sources.

But the Messiah Jesus censored the “Oral Law” when He said, “By the traditions of your elders you make void the Word of God.” (St Matthew 15).

The English translation of the Talmud has been watered down so as to conceal from the Gentiles the “satanic verses” contained in the original Hebrew.

Michael A. Hoffman II in his article titled “The Truth About The Talmud – A Documented Exposé Of Supremacist Rabbinic Hate Literature” published in Rense.Com (rense.com) wrote the Talmud is Judaism’s holiest book (actually a collection of books). Its authority takes precedence over the Old Testament in Judaism. Evidence of this may be found in the Talmud itself, Erubin 21b (Soncino edition): “My son, be more careful in the observance of the words of the Scribes than in the words of the Torah (Old Testament).”
Rabbi Joseph D. Soloveitchik is regarded as one of the most influential rabbis of the 20th century, the “unchallenged leader” of Orthodox Judaism and the top international authority on halakha (Jewish religious law). Soloveitchik was responsible for instructing and ordaining more than 2,000 rabbis, “an entire generation” of Jewish leadership.

N.Y. Times religion reporter Ari Goldman described the basis of the rabbi’s authority: “Soloveitchik came from a long line of distinguished Talmudic scholars…Until his early 20s, he devoted himself almost exclusively to the study of the Talmud…He came to Yeshiva University’s Elchanan Theological Seminary where he remained the pre-eminent teacher in the Talmud…He held the title of Leib Merkin professor of Talmud…sitting with his feet crossed in front of a table bearing an open volume of the Talmud.” (N.Y. Times, April 10, 1993, p. 38).

Nowhere does Goldman refer to Soloveitchik’s knowledge of the Bible as the basis for being one of the leading authorities on Jewish law. The rabbi’s credentials are all predicated upon his mastery of the Talmud. Other studies are clearly secondary. Britain’s Jewish Chronicle of March 26, 1993 states that in religious school (yeshiva), Jews are “devoted to the Talmud to the exclusion of everything else.”
The Jewish Scribes claim the Talmud is partly a collection of traditions Moses gave them in oral form. These had not yet been written down in Jesus’ time. Christ condemned the traditions of the Mishnah (early Talmud) and those who taught it (Scribes and Pharisees), because the Talmud nullifies the teachings of the Holy Bible.

Shmuel Safrai in The Literature of the Sages Part One (p.164), points out that in chapters 4 and 5 of the Talmud’s Gittin Tractate, the Talmud nullifies the Biblical teaching concerning money-lending: “Hillel decreed the prozbul for the betterment of the world. The prozbul is a legal fiction which allows debts to be collected after the Sabbatical year and it was Hillel’s intention thereby to overcome the fear that money-lenders had of losing their money.”

The famous warning of Jesus Christ about the tradition of men that voids Scripture (Mark 7:1-13), is in fact, a direct reference to the Talmud, or more specifically, the forerunner of the first part of it, the Mishnah, which existed in oral form during Christ’s lifetime, before being committed to writing. Mark chapter 7, from verse one through thirteen, represents Our Lord’s pointed condemnation of the Mishnah.

Unfortunately, due to the abysmal ignorance of our day, the widespread “Judeo-Christian” notion is that the Old Testament is the supreme book of Judaism. But this is not so. The Pharisees teach for doctrine the commandments of rabbis, not God.

The Talmudic commentary on the Bible is their supreme law, and not the Bible itself. That commentary does indeed, as Jesus said, void the laws of God, not uphold them. As students of the Talmud, we know this to be true.

Jewish scholar Hyam Maccoby, in Judaism on Trial, quotes Rabbi Yehiel ben Joseph: “Further, without the Talmud, we would not be able to understand passages in the Bible…God has handed this authority to the sages and tradition is a necessity as well as scripture. The Sages also made enactments of their own…anyone who does not study the Talmud cannot understand Scripture.”

But all in all, a excellent post from you.
J.

Thank you for your generous appraisal of my post.

Your post would also be of benefit to those who wish to expand their understanding of the source and development of Holy Writ.

Unfortunately I choose to restrict my own discussions regarding the oral tradition. Most American church types aren't even aware of the Biblical argument between Torah and Talmud. Expanding my posts to include the oral tradition would no doubt confuse them to the point of incredulity.

That being said, I must confess there are indeed a few who consider scholastic knowledge to be of high value. In that regard, I recommend your post be read several times.

It's my sad experience that American church types need to be bottle fed. Even then many spit it up......

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Thank you for your generous appraisal of my post.

Your post would also be of benefit to those who wish to expand their understanding of the source and development of Holy Writ.

Unfortunately I choose to restrict my own discussions regarding the oral tradition. Most American church types aren't even aware of the Biblical argument between Torah and Talmud. Expanding my posts to include the oral tradition would no doubt confuse them to the point of incredulity.

That being said, I must confess there are indeed a few who consider scholastic knowledge to be of high value. In that regard, I recommend your post be read several times.

It's my sad experience that American church types need to be bottle fed. Even then many spit it up......

This one of the many, many sources I have. Do you have knowledge re rabbi Tovia Singer?

Again, I concur with every yod and every tag re your post.

Says me, hollering from SA.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

This one of the many, many sources I have. Do you have knowledge re rabbi Tovia Singer?

Again, I concur with every yod and every tag re your post.

Says me, hollering from SA.
No. I don't.

CL

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A big fat lie. Read the context.
9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.
10 For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death:

"your own tradition", the ones the Pharisees invented so they would look holy by giving everything to the temple at the expense of their parents. That's what disturbed Jesus. "your own tradition" violated the commandments of God to honor father or mother, the traditions they invented had nothing to do with the Mishna.
Abusing Mark 7:1-13 is a tradition of men, a vain attempt to discredit all Oral Tradition.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.