Jesus prophesied that Sabbath would be kept by Christians until His return

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks, Patty. (H2S)
Friends call me Steve.
What does "Spiritual Warrior" mean to you?
It means I daily put my armor of God on to defend myself and God's Truth and that I am able to discern the difference of the work of evil versus the work of the Holy Spirit.

Ephesians 6 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹¹ Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
¹² For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
¹³ Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
¹⁴ Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
¹⁵ And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
¹⁶ Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
¹⁷ And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
¹⁸ Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was taught correctly. We observe the Sabbath just as Jesus did. And if we do church service on Sunday then that is OK. Like attending church and visiting members to tend to their needs.

Honestly JimB, not observing the Sabbath in the spirit that Jesus did would be a sin. He came to fullfill the law, not to dismiss it.

Matthew 5:17-20 “Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.
Mark 2:27-28, "Then he said to them, “The Sabbath was made for humankind and not humankind for the Sabbath, so the Son of Man is lord even of the Sabbath.” There is nothing more to discuss regarding the Sabbath.

You are quoting part of the "sermon on the mount". There were no Christians yet! a) Jesus was talking to the Jews and b) He came to fulfill (the requirements) of the law. So, if you're a Christian, in Christ, the law has already been fulfilled for you. The law still applies to non-Christians; "I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled."

"In the same way, my brothers and sisters, you have died to the law through the body of Christ, so that you may belong to another, to him who was raised from the dead in order that we may bear fruit for God." Romans 7:4

"
But now we are discharged from the law, dead to that which held us captive, so that we are enslaved in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the written code." Romans 7:6

I won't write anything more. If you don't understand this principle from God's word, there is no possible discussion.

Well written, but badly documented. You need to study the Bible.

You wrote that Jesus is the Messiah, son of God, the lamb that was slain...... That's a foundation? It's an extension of the LAW. The LAW of Moses IS the foundation of the gospel.

Jesus didn't say He was son of God. Others said it of Him. Jesus said He was Son of Man. THAT identification has a very powerful meaning. Read Daniel 7:13. If that passage doesn't give you goose-bumps nothing can do it.

The LAW specifies WHY a lamb must be slain.
What's a messiah? The Hebrew meaning of ha-mashiach (messiah in English), is "the annointed One". Annointed for what, exactly?

Only three types of men were anointed of God; prophets, priests and kings. Jesus is all three. Most post-modern churches falsely teach their congregations that they are ALL anointed. Contribution$ flow nicely when you lie to people like that. False doctrine, which does NOT follow the LAW, can be very profitable in the god business.

The foundation that cannot be eroded is God's LAW. Upon the LAW must be based all true doctrine. If we deny the LAW we can make up any bogus religion we want. (L. Ron Hubbard did a fine job of it....very profitable indeed.)

BECAUSE the post-modern church has abandoned the LAW, it has also abandoned ha-mashiach - the root and source of its life. It cannot and does not live apart from ha-mashiach, the Christ.

The doctrine that Jesus (Y'shuah in Hebrew) is ha-mashiach isn't celebrated in all doctrines. In point of fact, the post-modern church denies the Bible completely. Major denominations have voted against it. (Episcopal, Methodist, Lutheran & Presbyterian to name a few.)

As we stand here today there's a problem with Christendom. The problem begins with a rejection of the LAW from which all truth proceeds. What is truth? Truth is that which is consistent with what IS. God's LAW IS law - not a collection of suggestions.

Nice job though, Heart2soul. With a little real study you may become a scholar.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

PS In case you're wondering where my head is at, I suppose I could call myself a Karaite Jew. Google it. Jesus was one too.
a) If Jesus was anointed and Christians are in Christ -- He is the head, we are the body -- then we are also anointed.,

b) Christians are dead to the law but alive to God in Christ Jesus.

"In the same way, my brothers and sisters, you have died to the law through the body of Christ, so that you may belong to another, to him who was raised from the dead in order that we may bear fruit for God. For while we were living in the flesh, our sinful passions, aroused by the law, were at work in our members to bear fruit for death. But now we are discharged from the law, dead to that which held us captive, so that we are enslaved in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the written code." Romans 7:4-6

You false doctrine and condemnation of the body of Christ is getting old. Come down from your false "choir loft"

• Love
Reactions: Heart2Soul

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We observe the Sabbath just as Jesus did.
I hope not.

John 9:16 NIV
Some of the Pharisees said, “This man is not from God, for he does not keep the Sabbath.”
But others asked, “How can a sinner perform such signs?” So they were divided.

John 5:18 NIV
For this reason they tried all the more to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath,
but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.

cc: @Jim B

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hope not.

Some of the Pharisees said, “This man is not from God, for he does not keep the Sabbath.”

For this reason they tried all the more to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath,

Well that's a clincher for me!
What they expected was for everyone to follow the Jewish tradition of the Sabbath.
In my opinion, they have no Sabbath Day because they denied the one who is the Lord of the Sabbath. Not only did they deny Him, they crucified Him!
There is no way I will ever follow any teaching of the Sabbath that comes directly from the Jewish Traditions.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hope not.

When God gave the commandment to remember the Sabbath Day to keep it Holy, He didn't specify what day that was other than to say the seventh day.
Work 6 days and rest on the 7th day.
So Jesus, Lord of the Sabbath, nullifies Jewish Tradition of what day the Sabbath is. Everyday is the Sabboth.
My day of rest might be Monday, I work Tuesday thru Sunday and rest on Monday and I keep Holy unto the Lord.
That's why Jesus could say that the Sabbath Day was made for man not man for the Sabbath....in other words God didn't create man to worship the day of rest and to keep it Holy.

• Love
Reactions: Nancy

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I was taught correctly. We observe the Sabbath just as Jesus did.
I was taught correctly too. Jesus observed the Sabbath, just as His family observed the tradition of an annual trip to Jerusalem to celebrate Passover. As great as the Sabbath was, it was not greater than the Resurrection/Ascension. After that, everything changed.
And if we do church service on Sunday then that is OK. Like attending church and visiting members to tend to their needs.

Honestly JimB, not observing the Sabbath in the spirit that Jesus did would be a sin. He came to fullfill the law, not to dismiss it.

Matthew 5:17-20 “Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.
By your reasoning, Jesus was wrong for not rising on the Sabbath.
I prefer to worship on Saturday by participating at the 5 P.M. Mass. That makes me a Sabbatarian Catholic. Or a Catholic Sabbatarian, which ever you prefer. Do Sabbatarians worship at the prescribed time the Jews did??? Do Sabbatarians circumcizer 8 day old baby boys according to the Law??? Do Sabbatarians stone women to death for adultery according to the Law??? Whatever happened to the sacristy lamp, a perpetual ordinance "for ever in your generations" given by God to Moses?

Leviticus 24 And the Lord spoke unto Moses, saying,
2 “Command the children of Israel that they bring unto thee pure olive oil, beaten for the light, to cause the lamps to burn continually.

3 Outside the veil of the testimony, in the tabernacle of the congregation, shall Aaron order it from the evening unto the morning before the Lord continually; it shall be a statute for ever in your generations.
Sabbatarians, please post a photo of your sacristy lamp, or stop pretending you fulfill Judaism in any meaningful sense.

This whole sabbatarian controversy is like 2 little kids arguing over whose daddy is the ugliest. It's not an issue for sane people.
What is insane is accusing Sunday worshippers as the Whore of Babylon and daughters of the whore. Certain Sabbatarians (not mentioning which ones) see whores everywhere and are need of professional deprogramming or psychiatric intervention.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was taught correctly too. Jesus observed the Sabbath, just as His family observed the tradition of an annual trip to Jerusalem to celebrate Passover. As great as the Sabbath was, it was not greater than the Resurrection/Ascension. After that, everything changed.

By your reasoning, Jesus was wrong for not rising on the Sabbath.
I prefer to worship on Saturday by participating at the 5 P.M. Mass. That makes me a Sabbatarian Catholic. Or a Catholic Sabbatarian, which ever you prefer. Do Sabbatarians worship at the prescribed time the Jews did??? Do Sabbatarians circumcizer 8 day old baby boys according to the Law??? Do Sabbatarians stone women to death for adultery according to the Law??? Whatever happened to the sacristy lamp, a perpetual ordinance "for ever in your generations" given by God to Moses?

Leviticus 24 And the Lord spoke unto Moses, saying,

2 “Command the children of Israel that they bring unto thee pure olive oil, beaten for the light, to cause the lamps to burn continually.

3 Outside the veil of the testimony, in the tabernacle of the congregation, shall Aaron order it from the evening unto the morning before the Lord continually; it shall be a statute for ever in your generations.
Sabbatarians, please post a photo of your sacristy lamp, or stop pretending you fulfill Judaism in any meaningful sense.

This whole sabbatarian controversy is like 2 little kids arguing over whose daddy is the ugliest. It's not an issue for sane people.
What is insane is accusing Sunday worshippers as the Whore of Babylon and daughters of the whore. Certain Sabbatarians (not mentioning which ones) see whores everywhere and are need of professional deprogramming or psychiatric intervention.
Illuminator. I'm not going to split hairs about which day the Sabbath should be on. I believe in the idea of pick a day and do it. I think that is the spirit of what Jesus taught.

I try to make everyday the Sabbath though, with the exception of not working, in the sense that I try to keep it holy, pray, watch online Mass, read scriptures and serve others.

Things that I do on the Sabbath, also which are things that invite the Holy Spirit of God and thus God into my life:

Obeying the Commandments
Reading Scripture
Praying
Attending Church Service
Serving others: charities, helping the sick and elderly, etc.
Proclaiming the Gospel

Last edited:
Reactions: Illuminator

Adventageous

Oct 28, 2022
Noneya
archive.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ is the end of the law -- for Christians.
Most misunderstand what "end of the law" means there, as it means 'goal', 'purpose', 'objective to reach', 'that which is to be fulfilled to completion', not abolishment, cessation, negation:

Rom_10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.​
In other words, that which was given in the book of the law, in shadows and types, were not to imbue righteousness (right doing), but pointed to Christ Jesus as the goal, the reality, the antitype, to which all things type pointed, aimed at "for righteousness", because righteousness comes from Christ Jesus, not only imputed, but also imparted.​
Rom_8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.​

Examples:
Rom_14:9 For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.​
2Co_2:9 For to this end also did I write, that I might know the proof of you, whether ye be obedient in all things.​
1Ti_1:5 Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned:​
Heb_13:7 Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.​
Jas_5:11 Behold, we count them happy which endure. Ye have heard of the patience of Job, and have seen the end of the Lord; that the Lord is very pitiful, and of tender mercy.​
1Pe_1:9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.​

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mark 2:27-28, "Then he said to them, “The Sabbath was made for humankind and not humankind for the Sabbath, so the Son of Man is lord even of the Sabbath.” There is nothing more to discuss regarding the Sabbath.

You are quoting part of the "sermon on the mount". There were no Christians yet! a) Jesus was talking to the Jews and b) He came to fulfill (the requirements) of the law. So, if you're a Christian, in Christ, the law has already been fulfilled for you. The law still applies to non-Christians; "I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled."

"In the same way, my brothers and sisters, you have died to the law through the body of Christ, so that you may belong to another, to him who was raised from the dead in order that we may bear fruit for God." Romans 7:4

"
But now we are discharged from the law, dead to that which held us captive, so that we are enslaved in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the written code." Romans 7:6

I won't write anything more. If you don't understand this principle from God's word, there is no possible discussion.

a) If Jesus was anointed and Christians are in Christ -- He is the head, we are the body -- then we are also anointed.,

"In the same way, my brothers and sisters, you have died to the law through the body of Christ, so that you may belong to another, to him who was raised from the dead in order that we may bear fruit for God. For while we were living in the flesh, our sinful passions, aroused by the law, were at work in our members to bear fruit for death. But now we are discharged from the law, dead to that which held us captive, so that we are enslaved in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the written code." Romans 7:4-6

You false doctrine and condemnation of the body of Christ is getting old. Come down from your false "choir loft"
Yes Jesus fullfulled the law. Jesus also taught that people that disregard the law are cast into hell. He taught that if you want to go to heaven keep the commandments. Sabbath observance is one of those commandments JimB, although it's not a strict observance, it is made for man, but still a commandment.

Matthew 19:17 So He said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.”

Matthew 5:18 For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. 19 Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

So I will observe the Sabbath to do as God taught, that way I'm not being defiant of God's commandments. Nor am I defiant of Jesus' teachings in the new testament.

Last edited:

Adventageous

Oct 28, 2022
Noneya
archive.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When God gave the commandment to remember the Sabbath Day to keep it Holy, He didn't specify what day that was other than to say the seventh day.
Work 6 days and rest on the 7th day.
So Jesus, Lord of the Sabbath, nullifies Jewish Tradition of what day the Sabbath is. Everyday is the Sabboth.
My day of rest might be Monday, I work Tuesday thru Sunday and rest on Monday and I keep Holy unto the Lord.
That's why Jesus could say that the Sabbath Day was made for man not man for the Sabbath....in other words God didn't create man to worship the day of rest and to keep it Holy.

The days of the week were provided by God from the beginning, and have been commonly known throughout all of earth's time.

QUESTION: DID THE SABBATH EVER GET LOST OR BECOME CHANGED IN SCRIPTURE?

Sabbath from God (Genesis 2:1-3)​
Sabbath made for the man (Adam, the first & Adam, the last – Jesus) )(Mark 2:27; 1 Corinthians 15:45-47)​
Mar_2:27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath: (koine Greek: “τον ανθρωπον” (ton anthropon, the man))
Gen 1:27 so called LXX καὶ ἐποίησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν ἄνθρωπον, κατ᾿ εἰκόνα θεοῦ ἐποίησεν αὐτόν, ἄρσεν καὶ θῆλυ ἐποίησεν αὐτούς.​
Sabbath with Moses (Exodus 20:8-11; Deuteronomy 5:12-15, &c)​
Sabbath with Israelites (Exodus 31:12-18)​
Sabbath with Jesus (Luke 4:16)​
Luk 4:16 And he [Jesus] came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.​
Sabbath with Disciples & Apostles (Matthew 12:1,2,5,8,10,11,12, 24:20, 28:1; Mark 1:21, 2:23,24,27,28, 3:2,4, 6:2, 7:6-9, 15:42, 16:1; Luke 4:16,31, 6:1,2,5,6,7,9, 13:10,14,15,16, 14:1,3,5, 23:54,56; John 5:9,10,16,18, 7:22,23, 9:14,16, 12:1 (calculated), 19:31; Acts 1:2, 4:24 (citing Exo. 20:11), 13:14,27,42,44, 14:15 (citing Exo. 20:11), 15:21, 16:13, 17:2, 18:4; Revelation 1:10, 10:6, 14:7,12)​
Sabbath with John on Patmos (Revelation 1:10, 10:6, 12:17, 14:7,12, 22:14)​
Sabbath in history to the present day (Jews & Gentiles & Christians & others keeping it) (Matthew 24:20; Revelation 10:6, 12:17, 14:7,12, 22:14)​
Sabbath in the New Heavens and New Earth (Isaiah 66:22-23)​
Isa 66:22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.​
Isa 66:23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.​

Last edited by a moderator:

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
When members of specific denominations introduce their doctrine/theology to the forum that consists of many doctrinal beliefs there is understandably going to be a debate between the different beliefs.
What stands solid in all Christian doctrines is that Jesus is the Messiah, Son of God, The Lamb that was slain, Lord and Savior.
That is the foundation that every doctrine builds upon. It's what materials are used to build upon that separates one from another. So is your material made of hay and stubble? Or is it made of gold, silver and costly stones ?
And that is what will determine whether that doctrine will stand on the day of the Lord's return.

Well written, but badly justified.

You wrote that Jesus is the Messiah, son of God, the lamb that was slain...... That's a foundation? It's an extension of the LAW.

Jesus didn't say He was son of God. Others said it of Him. Jesus said He was Son of Man. THAT identification has a very powerful meaning. Read Daniel 7:13. If that passage doesn't give you goose-bumps nothing can do it.

The LAW specifies WHY a lamb must be slain.
What's a messiah? The Hebrew meaning of ha-mashiach (messiah in English), is "the annointed One". Annointed for what, exactly?

Only three types of men were anointed of God; prophets, priests and kings. Jesus is all three. Most post-modern churches falsely teach their congregations that they are ALL anointed. Contribution$ flow nicely when you lie to people like that. False doctrine, which does NOT follow the LAW, can be very profitable in the god business.

The foundation that cannot be eroded is God's LAW. Upon the LAW must be based all true doctrine. If we deny the LAW we can make up any bogus religion we want. (L. Ron Hubbard did a fine job of it....very profitable indeed.)

BECAUSE the post-modern church has abandoned the LAW, it has also abandoned ha-mashiach - the root and source of its life. It cannot and does not live apart from ha-mashiach, the Christ.

The doctrine that Jesus (Y'shuah in Hebrew) is ha-mashiach isn't celebrated in all doctrines. In point of fact, the post-modern church denies the Bible completely. Major denominations have voted against it. (Episcopal, Methodist, Lutheran & Presbyterian to name a few.)

As we stand here today there's a problem with Christendom. The problem begins with a rejection of the LAW from which all appropriate doctrine proceeds.

Nice job though, Heart2soul. With a little real study you may become a scholar.

"

I haven't written anything false. You misunderstand. Indeed you do it deliberately. Come and learn from one who knows.....

Jesus lived His whole life by the LAW (of Moses). He preached the LAW. He died by the LAW and He arose from His own tomb in the light of God's LAW. If the LAW is good enough for Jesus it's good enough for me. Are we so superior to God that we can cast away that which He lived and died to offer to men? The church believes it is. Inasmuch as the church makes itself god and judges God, it condemns itself and stands naked, without excuse, before the Holy Throne of heaven. I don't have authority to condemn it, but I do have the mandate to deliver to you that which I've seen and understood (Ezekiel 33).

IF you know not the LAW and refuse to learn its precepts, you will live the rest of your natural life in a strange maze of religious dogma never really coming to a full knowledge of the truth. Truth is that which is consistent with what IS - and Christ IS the epitome of the LAW....the fulness thereof. Here's a prediction: When times get worse for the church, as indeed they shall as indeed they already are, you will stand with others in amazement and ask 'what happened'. On that day you won't understand because you'll have denied God's Holy LAW, which alone can answer the question. (1)

THE LAW STILL STANDS.

Those who have tasted of the gracious gift of God's Ruach-haKodesh and who have accepted the blood of He who died upon the cross are those who are not under condemnation. Yet you seem to have forgotten that truth in your mad rush to condemn another - to abuse another who seeks only to teach you that which you do not understand.

Do you now seek to condemn one whom God does not condemn? Inasmuch as you do not know the LAW, you do.
Does God have to remind you of that which He has freely given and which you deny?
It is the LAW which has been given and it applies to the just as well as the unjust.
The difference is that HE who has written the LAW is the same who justifies - by the LAW.

You don't 'get it' do you? Please try. Please try very hard. Our true understanding of God's love depends upon it.

"He who does not live by the LAW will die by the LAW." (Romans 2:29)

Here is a mystery: How shall a man be saved if he cannot see or hear God? Do you know? How does anyone begin their journey with God?

So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith. (Galatians 3:24)

Do you know what Galatian 3:24 means? In our mad rush to flush God's LAW down the toilet of fanatic religious dogma we lose our way. Those who are NOT spiritually aware, are NOT spiritually regenerate, who are NOT saved, who have NO awareness of the Ruach haKodesh at all are given the opportunity of knowing, albeit in a limited temporary fashion. It's called the LAW. So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God (Romans 10:17 kjv). The Word of God IS God's LAW.

Therefore God has given us His LAW to convict us of SIN. Being thus persuaded the LAW shows us the way to repentance, to forgiveness and to justification before Him. None of it is our own doing. It is all of God. This is called GRACE. All we are required to do is to accept it, by the LAW.

Here's another mystery: The really odd thing about all this is that Gentiles, as well as Jews, deny the LAW reject the LAW and substitute their own traditional dogma for it. (2) The mystery of lawLESSness, spoken of by Timothy (2 Tim 2:7), is at work amongst us all. In this do we all perish without it. For in rejecting God's LAW we reject and condemn God.

Shall we now condemn God for giving us His LAW, His TORAH?

PRAISE GOD FOR GIVING US HIS TORAH, His LAW.

Baruch ata Adonai, noten ha-Torah.

(1) Here is a mystery revealed - Luke 21:24 was fulfilled on June 5, 1967. As the times of the gentiles wither, so has the gentile church. Yet most of its leaders do not understand what's happening to them - to the church. We are here today standing over its dying body, watching the vultures tear it apart, while many of us hide our eyes from the sight.

(2) Many Reform Jewish congregations reject deny and refuse to be bound by Torah (the LAW), indeed the entire Tanakh (OT) as well.

Last edited:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The days of the week were provided by God from the beginning, and have been commonly known throughout all of earth's time.

Sabbath made for the man (Adam, the first & Adam, the last – Jesus) )(Mark 2:27; 1 Corinthians 15:45-47)​
Mar_2:27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath: (koine Greek: “τον ανθρωπον” (ton anthropon, the man))
Gen 1:27 so called LXX καὶ ἐποίησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν ἄνθρωπον, κατ᾿ εἰκόνα θεοῦ ἐποίησεν αὐτόν, ἄρσεν καὶ θῆλυ ἐποίησεν αὐτούς.​
Luk 4:16 And he [Jesus] came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.​
Sabbath with Disciples & Apostles (Matthew 12:1,2,5,8,10,11,12, 24:20, 28:1; Mark 1:21, 2:23,24,27,28, 3:2,4, 6:2, 7:6-9, 15:42, 16:1; Luke 4:16,31, 6:1,2,5,6,7,9, 13:10,14,15,16, 14:1,3,5, 23:54,56; John 5:9,10,16,18, 7:22,23, 9:14,16, 12:1 (calculated), 19:31; Acts 1:2, 4:24 (citing Exo. 20:11), 13:14,27,42,44, 14:15 (citing Exo. 20:11), 15:21, 16:13, 17:2, 18:4; Revelation 1:10, 10:6, 14:7,12)​
Sabbath in history to the present day (Jews & Gentiles & Christians & others keeping it) (Matthew 24:20; Revelation 10:6, 12:17, 14:7,12, 22:14)​
Isa 66:22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.​
Isa 66:23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.​

What inconsistent, illogical, self-contradictory, rubbish.

You said, "He didn't specify what day that was ...", and then in the same sentence said, "... other than to say the seventh day."

Specificity is clearly given by God, and by yourself, in the definite article "the", rather than "a", "seventh day".

You need to calm your words, sir. This is a discussion forum not a war zone.

It was man who named the days, weeks, months and so forth. It is man who determined what day of the week is the first and seventh...
A little bit of history for you...
The Ancient Greeks Named the Days of the Week After Their Gods
Sometime around the 12th century BC, the ancient Greek civilization grew in prominence, and they adopted the Babylonian system of marking time. They continued to recognize the prominence of the sun and the moon, calling two days of the week hemera helio (day of the Sun) and hemera selenes (day of the Moon).

The Romans Replaced the Names of the Greek Gods With Their Gods
Time kept on passing.
In the first century BC, the Roman Empire began to emerge. The Romans used the same seven-day system as the Greeks. And they considered the Greek gods to be the same as their own gods, simply called by different names. For example, the Romans looked at the Greek god of the sea, Poseidon, and were like, “Oh, that’s the same as our god of the sea, Neptune. He’s so powerful, people worship him everywhere, even though they call him by a different name.”

The Anglo-Saxons Replaced the Names of the Roman Gods with Their Gods
Time continued to march on. At the end of the 4th century AD, the Roman Empire fell, and Anglo-Saxon tribes began their conquest of Britain and Wales. One way they made a mark on the world was by renaming the days of the week yet again, after—guess who?—their gods.

Sunday, dies solis, became “Sonnandæg” in Old English. Monday changed from “dies Lunae” to Monandæg, as the Latin “luna” was swapped out for the Old English word for moon, “mōna.”

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most misunderstand what "end of the law" means there, as it means 'goal', 'purpose', 'objective to reach', 'that which is to be fulfilled to completion', not abolishment, cessation, negation:

Rom_10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.​
In other words, that which was given in the book of the law, in shadows and types, were not to imbue righteousness (right doing), but pointed to Christ Jesus as the goal, the reality, the antitype, to which all things type pointed, aimed at "for righteousness", because righteousness comes from Christ Jesus, not only imputed, but also imparted.​
Rom_8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.​

Examples:
Rom_14:9 For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.​
2Co_2:9 For to this end also did I write, that I might know the proof of you, whether ye be obedient in all things.​
1Ti_1:5 Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned:​
Heb_13:7 Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.​
Jas_5:11 Behold, we count them happy which endure. Ye have heard of the patience of Job, and have seen the end of the Lord; that the Lord is very pitiful, and of tender mercy.​
1Pe_1:9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.​
And here is more history for you...
How Did People Count Years Before BC and AD?
Everyone used to count their years differently.
The age of kings

The most common way to count the years was to tie the date to the current ruler, king, or emperor. This is readily apparent in many ancient texts, including the Bible. Passages will begin with the phrase “in x year of the reign of y ruler,” giving the reader the place in time. The reign of kings and emperors was carefully tracked and charted. For the learned of the population, the years of certain ruler’s reigns were just as easily understood as our current dating system.

This practice can be seen all over the globe in ancient times. The ancient Jews used it, and the Romans used it. The Japanese and Chinese used it. It is called the regnal year.

This was a readily adopted system throughout history for a number of reasons. First, it tied the counting of time to the current monarch, which lent the ruling person legitimacy and a strong presence with the people. Second, it was easy to adopt. Courts, historians, and clerks were already counting the years of kings, and it was an easy way to count the years in the kingdom without having to use or learn an external system.

Adventageous

Oct 28, 2022
Noneya
archive.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was man who named the days, weeks, months and so forth. It is man who determined what day of the week is the first and seventh...
The first premise is both false and true. God designated the days of the week from Genesis 1-2. Or do you not believe what is written? Have the pagans, who reject God's designation, renamed the days? Sure. However, the true and the false have co-existed alongside each other ever since.

The second premise is false - entirely. Genesis 1-2; Exodus 20:8-11; Deuteronomy 5:12-15, etc all demonstrate that God determined (set, ordered, and gave purpose) each. Mankind may seek to alter that (see French Revolution, with it's 10 day weeks), but the aberation is always known and distinct from God's specific designation from the beginning.

Prophetic time is specifically based upon God's order from Genesis.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And LASTLY show me the scripture where God gave us the names of the days, weeks and months.

Adventageous

Oct 28, 2022
Noneya
archive.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are mistaken, as usual.

Days of the week, are separate and distinct time keeping from months (and it's days) and years, as different as seconds to minutes, or minutes to hours, or hours to day.

Even the Romans understood the days of the week, as God gave them, even though they had re-named the days (by satan's ingenuity), and altered when the days started (Romans, was midnight to midnight), while scriptural time was evening unto evening (sunset to sunset).

Romans:

S. Julii Frontini (c. AD 40 - AD 103), written in C. AD. 84
, see - Libri quatuor Strategematicon : Frontinus, Sextus Julius : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

Libri Quator; Strategematicon; cum notis integris; Francisci Modii, Godescalci Stewechii, Petri Scriverii, & Samuelis Tennulii. His accedunt, cum P. Scriverii, tum aliorum Doctorum ineditae observationes. Curante Francisco Oudendorpio, Qui & suas adnotationes, variasque MStorum lectiones adjecit. Editio Altera, multo auctior & emendatior. Lugduni Batavorum, Apud Sam. et Joann. Luchtmans, MDCCLXXIX [1779].​
"XVII. Divus Augustus Vespasianus Judaeos 54 Saturni die, quo 55 eis nefas est quidquam seriae rei agere, adortus superavit. ...

...54 Saturni die] Sic & Pompejus Hierosolyma expugnavit, quia Judaei nolebant se defendere Sabbato, Dione teste in pompejo. Sabbatum quia praecipua caeremonia colebant, etiam jejunio sacrasse [ut ait Justinus 1 [Page 178-179] XXXVI. C. 2.). ..." Page 178-179 - https://archive.org/stream/libriquat...e/178/mode/1up

https://archive.org/stream/libriquat...e/179/mode/1up

A Google Translated rendition:

""17. Augustus, Vespasian, the Jews on the day of Saturn, 54, 55 in which it is illegal for them to do anything serious matter, attacked them, and overcame them. ...

... Saturday, 54] Thus Pompey captured Jerusalem, because the Jews refused to defend himself on a Saturday, a witness in the Dio Pompejo. Sabbath worship ceremony for the chief, even fasting sacrasse [as the Justin 1 [Pages 178-179] 36. C. 2). ... ""​

Cassius Dio (AD 155 – AD 235)

Dio's Roman History III

Dio's Roman History with an English Translation by Earnest Cary, Ph.D. on the basis of the version of Herbert Baldwin Foster, Ph.D. In Nine Volumes, III; London: William Heinemann; New York: The Macmillan CO. MCMXIV [1914].

Battle of c. 63 BC​
"... [Page 142-144; Internally Page 125-127] Most of the city, to be sure, he took without any trouble, as he was received by the party of Hyrcanus; but the temple itself, which the other party had occupied, he captured only with difficulty. For it was on high ground and was fortified by a wall of its own, and if they had continued defending it on all days alike, he could not have got possession of it. As it was, they made an exception of what are called the days of Saturn, and by doing [Page 142-144; Internally Page 125-127; Greek text is inbetween; Page 126] no work at all on those days afforded the Romans an opportunity in this interval to batter down the wall. The latter, on learning of this superstitious awe of theirs, made no serious attempts the rest of the time, but on those days, when they came round in succession, assaulted most vigorously. Thus the defenders were captured on the day of Saturn, without making any defence, and all the wealth was plundered. The kingdom was given to Hyrcanus, and Aristobulus was carried away.

This was the course of events at that time in Palestine; for this is the name that has been given from of old to the whole country extending from Phoenicia to Egypt along the inner sea. They have also another name that they have acquired: the country has been named Judaea, and the people themselves Jews. I do not know how this title came to be given them, but it applies also to all the rest of mankind, although of alien race, who affect their customs. This class exists even among the Romans, and though often repressed has increased to a very great extent and has won its way to the right of freedom in its observances. They are distinguished from the rest of mankind in practically every detail of life, and especially by the fact that they do not honour any of the usual gods, but show extreme reverence for one particular divinity. They never had any statue of him even in Jerusalem itself, but believing him to be unnamable and invisible, they worship him in the most extravagant fashion on earth. They built to him a temple [Page 143-145; Internally Page 127-129; Greek text on Page 128] that was extremely large and beautiful, except in so far as it was open and roofless, 1 and likewise dedicated to him the day called the day of Saturn, on which, among many other most peculiar observances, they undertake no serious occupation. ..." [Pages 142-145; Internally Pages 125-129; Greek text is inbetween; Page 126,128] - https://archive.org/stream/L053Cassi.../n141/mode/1up

https://archive.org/stream/L053Cassi.../n143/mode/1up

https://archive.org/stream/L053Cassi...y+of+Saturn%22

Dio's Roman History V

Dio's Roman History with an English Translation by Earnest Cary, Ph.D. on the basis of the version of Herbert Baldwin Foster, Ph.D. In Nine Volumes, V; London: William Heinemann LTD; Cambridge, Massachusetts Harvard University Press. MCMLV [1955].

Battle of c. 36 BC​
"... [Page 398; Internally Page 387]The Jews, indeed, had done much injury to the Romans, for the race is very bitter when aroused to anger, but they suffered far more themselves. The first of them to be captured were those who were fighting for the precinct of their god, and then the rest on the day even then called the day of Saturn.1 And so excessive were they in their devotion to religion that the first set of prisoners, those who had been captured along with the temple, obtained leave from Sosius, when the day of Saturn came round again, and went up into the temple and there performed all the customary rites, together with the rest of the people. These people Antony entrusted to a certain Herod to govern ..." [Page 398; Internally Page 387] - https://archive.org/stream/L082Cassi.../n398/mode/1up

Dio's Roman History VIII
Dio's Roman History with an English Translation by Earnest Cary, Ph.D. on the basis of the version of Herbert Baldwin Foster, Ph.D. In Nine Volumes, VIII; London: William Heinemann; New York: G. P. Putnam's Sons. MCMXXV [1925].

Destruction of Jerusalem; AD 70. [even up to the time of Cassius Dio]​
"... [Page 281; Internally 271] Thus was Jerusalem destroyed on the very day of Saturn, the day which even now the Jews reverence most. From that time forth it was ordered that the Jews who continued to observe their ancestral customs should pay and annual tribute of two denarii to Jupiter Capitolinus. ..." [Page 281; Internally Page 271] - https://archive.org/stream/L176Cassi.../n280/mode/1up

Adventageous

Oct 28, 2022
Noneya
archive.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everyone used to count their years differently.
Continued:

Publius (or Gaius) Cornelius Tacitus (AD 56 - after AD 117)
The Histories of Tacitus; Books III, IV, And V. with introduction and notes by A. D. Godley, M.A. Fellow of Magdalen College, Oxford. London Macmillan and Co., Limited; New York: The Macmillan Company. 1907.​
Historarium Lib. V. [Line 15 and onward]​
"... [Page 148; Internally Page 127; IV. Line 15; Beginning 3rd Word] alii honorem eum Saturno haberi, seu principia religionis tradentibus Idaeis, quos *** Saturno pulsos et conditores gentis accepimus, seu quod de septem sideribus, quis res mortales reguntur altissimo orbe et praeceipua potentia stella Saturni feratur ac pleraque caelestium vim suam et cursus setptenos per numeros compleant. ..." [Page 148; Internally Page 127] - https://archive.org/stream/histories.../n148/mode/1up
"... [Page 290; Internally 269] Notes, V. Chap. 4. ... 17. Saturno: the Greeks and Romans had adopted the Egyptian custom of naming days after the planets, and the day of Saturn corresponded to the Jewish Sabbath. ..." [Page 290; Internally 269] - https://archive.org/stream/histories.../n290/mode/1up

English translation – Sourced - Beware of the "Lunar Sabbath" - EliYah Ministries

“... They are said to have devoted the seventh day to rest, because that day brought an end to their troubles. Later, finding idleness alluring, they gave up the seventh year as well to sloth.​
Others maintain that they do this in honor of Saturn; either because their religious principles are derived from the Idaei, who are supposed to have been driven out with Saturn and become the ancestors of the Jewish people; or else because, of the seven constellations which govern the lives of men, the star of Saturn moves in the topmost orbit and exercises peculiar influence, and also because most of the heavenly bodies move round their courses in multiples of seven. ...”​

I can also cite from many other sources:

The Historical Sources:

[A.] The Roman Historical record of their dealings with Jews:
[B.] The Jews, The Talmuds and Mishna and Karaite Jews:
[C.] The Jewish Feasts, More:
[D.] The Roman Catholic Encyclopedia:
[E.] The Orthodox Christians:
[F] Alfred Edersheim, Convert from Judaism:
[G] Samuel Sheffield Snow [S. S. Snow, 7th Month Movement, AD 27, 31, 34; 1844]:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Continued:

Publius (or Gaius) Cornelius Tacitus (AD 56 - after AD 117)
The Histories of Tacitus; Books III, IV, And V. with introduction and notes by A. D. Godley, M.A. Fellow of Magdalen College, Oxford. London Macmillan and Co., Limited; New York: The Macmillan Company. 1907.​
Historarium Lib. V. [Line 15 and onward]​
"... [Page 148; Internally Page 127; IV. Line 15; Beginning 3rd Word] alii honorem eum Saturno haberi, seu principia religionis tradentibus Idaeis, quos *** Saturno pulsos et conditores gentis accepimus, seu quod de septem sideribus, quis res mortales reguntur altissimo orbe et praeceipua potentia stella Saturni feratur ac pleraque caelestium vim suam et cursus setptenos per numeros compleant. ..." [Page 148; Internally Page 127] - https://archive.org/stream/histories.../n148/mode/1up
"... [Page 290; Internally 269] Notes, V. Chap. 4. ... 17. Saturno: the Greeks and Romans had adopted the Egyptian custom of naming days after the planets, and the day of Saturn corresponded to the Jewish Sabbath. ..." [Page 290; Internally 269] - https://archive.org/stream/histories.../n290/mode/1up

English translation – Sourced - Beware of the "Lunar Sabbath" - EliYah Ministries

“... They are said to have devoted the seventh day to rest, because that day brought an end to their troubles. Later, finding idleness alluring, they gave up the seventh year as well to sloth.​
Others maintain that they do this in honor of Saturn; either because their religious principles are derived from the Idaei, who are supposed to have been driven out with Saturn and become the ancestors of the Jewish people; or else because, of the seven constellations which govern the lives of men, the star of Saturn moves in the topmost orbit and exercises peculiar influence, and also because most of the heavenly bodies move round their courses in multiples of seven. ...”​

I can also cite from many other sources:

The Historical Sources:

[A.] The Roman Historical record of their dealings with Jews:
[B.] The Jews, The Talmuds and Mishna and Karaite Jews:
[C.] The Jewish Feasts, More:
[D.] The Roman Catholic Encyclopedia:
[E.] The Orthodox Christians:
[F] Alfred Edersheim, Convert from Judaism:
[G] Samuel Sheffield Snow [S. S. Snow, 7th Month Movement, AD 27, 31, 34; 1844]:
Before all that

Adventageous

Oct 28, 2022
Noneya
archive.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You need to calm your words, sir. This is a discussion forum not a war zone.
My words are carefully chosen. That you have to abuse your authority "Last edited by a moderator: 23 minutes ago", simply because you are easily offended, is your issue. Would you burn me like they first did to Huss' words, and then to him? I say you would if you could.

Status
Not open for further replies.