Jesus said "the day is coming when you will worship in spirit and in truth", if you can be beheaded for faith in truth, you can be in spirit (yes?)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi there,

So this is directly out of Revelation 20:4 and I am not twisting the words there, but giving them an expanded context. Revelation clearly says that only those that are beheaded for their faith, come to life again (during the reign of Christ). What it does not say, is whether this is in "spirit" or in "truth". I would contend that is because both are equally true. Much like God desires children of the faith as well as the mature, there are some who will be beheaded in truth and there are some who will be beheaded in spirit. Does one cancel the other? No, they both bring glory to God. Does one ask for the other? Certainly if there are those being beheaded in truth, it is comforting to know that with them are those being beheaded in spirit. Does God make an end of it? The word promises that He will shorten the days, we can only assume that means there will be a surrender that is both spirit and truth combined. This would be a fulfillment of scripture also.

Suffice it to say, we must wait for those being behead in truth, before being beheaded in spirit can be established throughout the nations. This will be the Holy Spirit's doing - we must heed it! The power of God will be poured out on all flesh and men will begin to speak with a peace that they did not know they had. Gradually God will transform the Earth, both with those in spirit and in truth. It doesn't work if those in truth say "no, I would rather be beheaded in spirit" nor if those both in truth and spirit say "no, I would rather wait for spirit and truth combined", we must all commit what we can, what is allowed. What is marvellous, is that a great cloud of Witness will be justified and given Hope in all of it. We must thank God, for our part and use scriptures to keep from losing our joy. The Lord Himself needed Psalms to get Him through the grave, we must not think ourselves greater than the master!

There is one, actually, whom I know, who goes to bed nightly, praying "Lord if it be your will, behead me tonight, in Your Name Amen". Is this one's faith in vain? Can the flesh argue it is not dead, when the Lord has made it so? I put it to you, that such a one has already reigned with Christ, as Christ will do when He comes. This is an encouraging thing. Principalities and powers have nothing on us, if we have already surrendered our lives as much as we are able. Now is one man's beheading better than another? We are all one body! If one part of the body is cut off, the rest of the body feels its pain. If those who do so in truth, do it alone, does the message spread? Certainly it will keep spreading, but with what force? We do not want to pass through this life as if through fire! And if those who are beheaded in spirit are told "that's enough", will there be any peace in the Earth? Jesus warned that stones could cry out, if His followers were constrained.

In all I suppose what I am asking, is for yourself to soberly consider, what is it that God is calling you to? What is your cup? Have all the nations become drunk, with what is coming to pass and you do nothing? Or do you need to give up Hope, that your sacrifice in spirit will inspire nothing, in Israel? Where those in truth are? Isn't beheading of all kind, brought to revival exactly what the Earth is groaning for? The old man beheaded, has peace with God, whether it is in spirit or in truth. The young man looking forward to being revived beyond Earth's reach, does not insult the peace of those who have already gone that way. This is the power of God! What a blessing!

I hope you have received the comfort that this was.

God bless.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Nature will join, in suffering for the Lord.

Suffering in presence and commitment.

This is what is meant by "the Lion will lay down with the Lamb" (Old Testament, from memory).

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The lamb and lion will lay together in the "Eternal" New Heaven and Earth

Jesus returns in fire and final judgment, dissolving this earth by fire (The End)

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Indeed all men will die to themselves a little.

But more than a little is needed to please God!

Praise God, for the example in the Holy Spirit!!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Bear in mind, that if you can be beheaded in spirit, you can take the mark of the anti-christ in the spirit, too.

Why you would want that (to take the anti-christ's mark in spirit) is baffling, but its not a mystery!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If we follow what Jesus said in Revelation about the Lukewarm Church, beheadings will be hot or cold, too!

This is important, because we are not beheaded - either spiritually, or in truth - without character.

Character defines our experience of Heaven, so it is crucial to how we are rewarded, when we reach beyond.