Jesus said to be friends with the world......

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
is enmity towards God.
How many worldly friends do you have on your facebook,myspace,twitter,youtube that you are proud of having?
James 4:4
4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.
KJV
Rather we know it or not those of an unclean anti-Christ spirit are not our friends nor our brethren and we must not participate in their evil deeds or we shall be judged with them. For what in common does darkness have with the light?

We are sent OUT to witness to the lost the Free gift of salvation, not to hang out with them all the time or bring them into our place of worship and prayer with OUR God, for their god is not our God, they follow Satan.
I do believe that we are accountable to our family and others around us and should keep speaking the Word to them to hopefully reach them for faith comes by hearing and hearing the Word. But as for calling them our friends... no!

Reactions: KingJ

Jane_doe

Aug 10, 2013
USA
"Love not the world, not the things which are in the world. If any man love the world, the charity of the Father is not in Him." 1 John 2:15

Personally, I don't have facebook, twitter, myspace, or youtube. I believe they're more harm than good. I believe they're a big destraction and the time spent on them can be spent in better ways.

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
That is good that you do not participate in these. They really do bring more harm than good like you said taking up your time and on things like shallow friendships, gossip spreading bulling as a result of it, hatred, perversions, scamming, blackmailing, suicide & information stealing by airing dirty laundry and giving personal information for all to see bringing nothing but darkness from it, yet exposing darkness at the same time.

penguy83

May 18, 2013
West Virginia, USA
I never was a fan of the "social" movement. I too do not have a facebook, twitter, etc. accounts. My wife talked me into opening a facebook account about a year ago. I had it for about a week and closed it. Didn't like it a bit. I've found that it is a HUGE time waster. To be honest, I've wasted enough time on the Internet as it is; where I could've been studying God's Word.

zhavoney

Son Of Man
Aug 25, 2013
On the other hand I do take part in bringing the Gospel of Christ to Facebook and all other medias where people who need Christ may be lurking. I boldly tell them to repent and believe the Gospel of Christ.

Mark 1
14 Jesus came to Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,
15 and saying, "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent, and believe in the gospel."