JESUS Said to Beware of The Leaven of The Pharisees = Matthew 16;6

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Miz KJV Only

Oct 20, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Matthew 16;6

Then Jesus said unto them, Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.

Matthew 16:11-12

How is it that ye do not understand that I spake it not to you concerning bread, that ye should beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees? Then understood they how that He bade them not beware of the leaven of bread, but of the doctrine of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.

Mark 8:15

And He charged them, saying, Take heed, beware of the leaven of the Pharisees, and of the leaven of Herod.

Luke 12:1-5

In the mean time, when there were gathered together an innumerable multitude of people, insomuch that they trode one upon another, He began to say unto his disciples first of all, Beware ye of the leaven of the Pharisees, which is Hypocrisy. For there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; neither hid, that shall not be known. Therefore whatsoever ye have spoken in darkness shall be heard in the light; and that which ye have spoken in the ear in closets shall be proclaimed upon the housetops. And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear Him, which after He hath killed hath power to cast into Hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear Him.

I Corinthians 5:6-8

Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump? Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our Passover is sacrificed for us: Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

Galatians 5:7-10

Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth? This persuasion cometh not of Him that calleth you. A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump. I have confidence in you through the Lord, that ye will be none otherwise minded: but he that troubleth you shall bear his judgment, whosoever he be.

AMEN

Reactions: Space_Karen

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Matthew 16;6

Then Jesus said unto them, Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.

Matthew 16:11-12

How is it that ye do not understand that I spake it not to you concerning bread, that ye should beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees? Then understood they how that He bade them not beware of the leaven of bread, but of the doctrine of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.

Mark 8:15

And He charged them, saying, Take heed, beware of the leaven of the Pharisees, and of the leaven of Herod.

Luke 12:1-5

In the mean time, when there were gathered together an innumerable multitude of people, insomuch that they trode one upon another, He began to say unto his disciples first of all, Beware ye of the leaven of the Pharisees, which is Hypocrisy. For there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; neither hid, that shall not be known. Therefore whatsoever ye have spoken in darkness shall be heard in the light; and that which ye have spoken in the ear in closets shall be proclaimed upon the housetops. And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear Him, which after He hath killed hath power to cast into Hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear Him.

I Corinthians 5:6-8

Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump? Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our Passover is sacrificed for us: Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

Galatians 5:7-10

Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth? This persuasion cometh not of Him that calleth you. A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump. I have confidence in you through the Lord, that ye will be none otherwise minded: but he that troubleth you shall bear his judgment, whosoever he be.

AMEN
The Pharisees taught falsehoods. When falsehoods are allowed to grow (as leaven causes dough to rise), they can destroy a civilization.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everything having to do with the heart of the individual is where everything flows from, within the soul. Those who seek out God in faith, he is pleased with. He rewards them to, with knowledge and wisdom by the Spirit given from the Father to others in Jesus name.

The world can cause a dividing line; but thankfully people of the world have been reconciled back to God and can have part in the kingdom which is always by faith.

If you become callous and hard hearted because of false things people have said; one should seek out the truth, to be comforted in truth rather than what a person may say is true.

At the same time; respect should be given; even if you may not be respected.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Breaking it down, Lord Jesus gave us 'detail' of the matter of the leaven of the Pharisees.

Jesus asked His disciples didn't they remember how many "baskets" they took up after the feeding of the four thousand and the five thousand.

Matt 16:9-10
9 Do ye not yet understand, neither remember the five loaves of the five thousand, and
how many baskets ye took up?
10 Neither the seven loaves of the four thousand, and
how many baskets ye took up?
KJV

After each miracle of the loaves and fishes, the disciples gathered many more baskets of 'fragments' than when the loaves went out whole.

Whole Loaf = The Word of God unaltered
Baskets of fragments = man's word ADDED

So even though 'leaven' is about what makes a loaf of bread rise and we are to recognize as falseness too, this particular Message above is more about the 'fragments' ADDED to God's Word.

And that is how men's traditions get started, so this Message is not only about the Pharisees and Herod. It is still going on today in many Churches. An example?

How many Churches can one go to today and find all... of God's Word taught there line upon line, chapter by chapter? Not that many. Mostly what you get in today's Churches is a couple of verses quoted out of God's Word and then a one hour message of the preachers ADDING to God's Word, and often completely out of the context of those quoted verses. And God said this would happen in the last days...

Amos 8:11-13
Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD:

12 And
they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the LORD, and shall not find it.

13 In that day shall the fair virgins and young men faint for thirst.
KJV

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christian people are to expose fruits of darkness. Traditions of men put people in bondage. Psalm chapter 119:53. Horror hath taken hold upon me because of the wicked that forsake thy law. Nothing wrong with righteous indignation. Expose false doctrine and tell the truth. 119:63. I am a companion of all them that fear thee, and of them that keep Thy precepts. Sometimes you have to call false brethren. Lot of people are lost and ignorant of Gods word. Their prey to skilled fake shepherds. True servant of God will have to make stand, and draw line in the sand. Servants of God are shepherds and plant seeds for God. Share Gods truth. And expose false preachers.